Dynamix - V6 Plugins

Been having an issue with the S3 sleep plugin, after waking the flash drive is reporting as missing keyfile or corrupted.

Now could be down to user error, brand new to UNRaid, but so far this is the only problem am having.

Any help or pointers would be much appreciated.

5 hours ago, OldManBeard said:

Any help or pointers would be much appreciated.

may as first note, sleep & server is not always a good combination ;)

so, as there is not much you could do wrong, most likely your hardware just dont like it ...

what you could try, install the "flash remount" plugin and give that a try2, nothing much more you can do about it besides dropping the sleep project, there is a reason why this is not buildin ...

it can work fine, but also just wont work on some systems ... especially when there is coming VM usage and pcie passthrough together with sleep and resume ... so even in a working base setup, it also can stop working nice in a productive setup.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Sptz87 said:

That was my first thought as well but the one on the right is the one being affected by the changes I make. I can literally see it if I change anything. Yet the % parenthesis is showing on the left. Which is the CPU fans. I know 100% be cause I didn't the hdd fans connected to the mobo header before. 

So because the nvidia driver updated I rebooted and attempting to re-check the fans. Right now the HDD fans are on full tilt (as I set in BIOS), so Fan Control isnt doing anything. These are Arctic P12 Slim so they can go to 0 PWM btw.

1191381918_CleanShot2024-02-24at09_57.50@2x.thumb.png.5b9040b45923aa9b3bf0c47c2723586c.png

906679524_CleanShot2024-02-24at09_59.51@2x.thumb.png.f173189df366a88b175c4e5eddc83e11.png

I recorded a video showing how it's affecting the correct fans when I press detect minimum PWM but then it went back to full tilt. All whilst the % is next to the wrong one.

Any ideas? Bit lost :S

P.S.: Also, does anyone know how the temps are calculated? Does it take the minimum / maximum per drive? Average of all drives?

Isn't there also something else that can be driven by CPU temp for example?

Edited by Sptz87

Hi everybody,

Does this not work anymore in 6.8.12 with the theme engine plugin? When I change it in the theme engine's custom css it doesn't change the text.

</style>

<script type="text/javascript">
document.addEventListener("DOMContentLoaded", function() {
    $( ".fan_view td:contains('Ventilador 1')" ).text("CPU");
    $( ".fan_view td:contains('Ventilador 2')" ).text("BackPlane");
    $( ".fan_view td:contains('Ventilador 3')" ).text("NVMe");
    $( ".fan_view td:contains('Ventilador 4')" ).text("CASE (rear)");
    $( ".fan_view td:contains('Ventilador 5')" ).text("Prueba 5");
    $( ".fan_view td:contains('Ventilador 6')" ).text("Prueba 6");
});
</script>

<style>

The text is in Spanish but come on, this is what appears on the dashboard.

Thanks.

Odón.

Captura de pantalla 2024-02-26 a las 10.09.30.png

On 2/24/2024 at 10:06 AM, Sptz87 said:

So because the nvidia driver updated I rebooted and attempting to re-check the fans. Right now the HDD fans are on full tilt (as I set in BIOS), so Fan Control isnt doing anything. These are Arctic P12 Slim so they can go to 0 PWM btw.

1191381918_CleanShot2024-02-24at09_57.50@2x.thumb.png.5b9040b45923aa9b3bf0c47c2723586c.png

906679524_CleanShot2024-02-24at09_59.51@2x.thumb.png.f173189df366a88b175c4e5eddc83e11.png

I recorded a video showing how it's affecting the correct fans when I press detect minimum PWM but then it went back to full tilt. All whilst the % is next to the wrong one.

Any ideas? Bit lost :S

P.S.: Also, does anyone know how the temps are calculated? Does it take the minimum / maximum per drive? Average of all drives?

Isn't there also something else that can be driven by CPU temp for example?

I was playing with this plugin the other day before a new build. It seems to work but does the bug where it shows blank.

Also it includes any unassigned drives and I couldn't quite workout the code to exclude them.

It doesnt seem to activate itself after a reboot. So you seem to have to go in choose the PWM fan and click apply again. Then the fan should spin down from your bios default 100%.

The plugin definitely needs some work.

I've changed tract and am just using bios and a manual fan controller at 50%.

If you do want to control from within unraid I'd suggest maybe using a usb controller and liquid CTL instead of this plugin

Edited by dopeytree
3 hours ago, dopeytree said:

I was playing with this plugin the other day before a new build. It seems to work but does the bug where it shows blank.

Also it includes any unassigned drives and I couldn't quite workout the code to exclude them.

It doesnt seem to activate itself after a reboot. So you seem to have to go in choose the PWM fan and click apply again. Then the fan should spin down from your bios default 100%.

If you do want to control from within unraid I'd suggest maybe using a usb controller and liquid CTL instead of this plugin

Thank you! Problem with controlling from the bios is literally because there's no "hdd" source to react to in there. Since the Node 804 is segregated, these fans are in the HDD section only.

I noticed it doesn't survive reboots as well, which is a bit frustrating. Gonna check that link out. Thank you

Hi. 

Anyone having issues with this plugin with a Corsair Commander Pro installed, with interface for the plugin stop listing any sensors and breaking the dashboard temperature and fan values, please see the solution here:

https://github.com/lm-sensors/lm-sensors/issues/369

I can confirm it works with the wildcard option. 

Files to be changed for a permanent config fix (persisting after a reboot):

>> /etc/sensors.d/sensors.conf

>> /boot/config/plugins/dynamix.system.temp/sensors.conf

You can check if the files above are correct if you run "sensors" in the terminal and it responds with all your sensor values.

Hope this helps someone.

Cheers,

W

On 2/26/2024 at 10:58 AM, dopeytree said:

It also seems to change the fan input sometimes it's 1 sometimes it's 2. This changed on reboot of course. Now I tried to do a detect, did like 5x, it slows down the fans, meaning its detecting it and goes back to 100%. So something makes it not stick sometimes :/

On 2/22/2024 at 6:40 PM, Sptz87 said:

I have an issue with auto fan. It looks like upon boot it's not detecting anything. I've set the fans I want to control to 100% in the bios PWM. When I run a "Detect" it detects it correctly, I set my values. If I reboot it shows 0% yet its running at 100%

1445502053_CleanShot2024-02-22at18_40.22@2x.png.537ac6bdc6b3ee4195a91b9a5b9f4bbb.png

If I go back to Auto Fan and try to change any value and save this happens and it also goes missing from System Temp plugin.

I'm having this same issue, where both my fans are showing up in the bottom info bar, and showing the correct tpm, but says 0% next to them. Functionally seems to be working fine, it's just a bug. Did you manage to find a fix?

I have the system temp plugin installed for quite a while. This is my setting (motherboard: Gigabyte B560M AORUS PRO AX), not sure when and how I managed to tune it, but it works:

Go file:

modprobe it87 force_id=0x8628

Syslinux config:

image.png.97d7491d4bce37c53e36963f06e289fb.png

System temp setting:

image.png.916c0823c850087ca28fc65ad1fbb731.png

And the result:

image.png.754bbfe869eecb776442c7a329c35172.png

All good with the exception I noticed today during boot:

image.thumb.png.128b35a65fa856ad1b85d5dc00ef7798.png

Anything strange, misconfigured, weird in my settings (go file mostly)? Is there a correct/better way to setup the drivers needed to have temps and array fan speeds in the GUI?

Thanks.

Edited by Kydonakis

Dynamix Fan Control

Currently in the log it's showing that the 'hottest drive' is 48c, and it setting the speed of the fan appropriately. Fine. 

However the hottest drive is actually 65c (it's an NVME) which I was going to set to ignore anyway as the fan doesn't cool that drive, but it seems dynamix is ignoring it anyway (even though I haven't ticked the 'ignore' option in the settings for fan control). 

The hottest hard drive though... is only 40c. So it's not those that it's looking at either. 

The drive that is 48c is a sata ssd, which isn't in the array or mounted, and which isn't available in the 'ignore' list for control fan. So Dynamix seems to be registering and tracking the temps of drives not in the array, but only allows you to ignore drives that -are- in the array? 

Seems like a bug. Two bugs actually, as it's also ignoring the nvme for no reason. So it's ignoring one drive it shouldn't, and tracking one drive it shouldn't. 

On 2/26/2024 at 5:58 AM, dopeytree said:

I've also noticed very odd behavior and it not working correctly after restart if PWM1 isn't set to "Enabled" in the plugin - even if it's not being used.  I've had to enable PWM1 and leave it all blank for it to work on reboot.  Unfortunately I have not been able to figure what is causing this..

20 hours ago, Nirin said:

Dynamix Fan Control

Currently in the log it's showing that the 'hottest drive' is 48c, and it setting the speed of the fan appropriately. Fine. 

However the hottest drive is actually 65c (it's an NVME) which I was going to set to ignore anyway as the fan doesn't cool that drive, but it seems dynamix is ignoring it anyway (even though I haven't ticked the 'ignore' option in the settings for fan control). 

The hottest hard drive though... is only 40c. So it's not those that it's looking at either. 

The drive that is 48c is a sata ssd, which isn't in the array or mounted, and which isn't available in the 'ignore' list for control fan. So Dynamix seems to be registering and tracking the temps of drives not in the array, but only allows you to ignore drives that -are- in the array? 

Seems like a bug. Two bugs actually, as it's also ignoring the nvme for no reason. So it's ignoring one drive it shouldn't, and tracking one drive it shouldn't. 

A few of us reported the NVME ignore bug a while back...  I'm not great at *nix scripting - or how to fix it, but did narrow it down to WHY.  The problem is how it's interpreting an errorcode from SDSPIN.  There was a problem a while back where it would spinup drives when polling drives, so it checks first to see if it's spun up.  Standard HDDs return a 0 or 1 - NVMe drives return something else, and the autofan plugin is only looking for 0 or 1.  Here's the bugreport on Git: https://github.com/bergware/dynamix/issues/83

• Like 1

Request for feature, a plug in that allows you to display temps from all/any selected sensors detected.

corsaircpro-hid-3-2
Adapter: HID adapter
in0:          11.93 V  
in1:           4.94 V  
in2:           3.38 V  
fan1 4pin:   1589 RPM
fan2 4pin:   1643 RPM
fan3 4pin:   1599 RPM
fan4 3pin:   1883 RPM
temp1:        +41.5°C   --- this is the probe stuffed in the LSI heatsink on my server --

the corsair commander pro has 3 or 4 temp sensors. It would be great to monitor probes placed into heatsinks to at least give a little idea of the cooling for tuning the fan plugin. 

On 3/8/2024 at 5:39 PM, Sptz87 said:

Problem with that is the need for an external controller. The point of this is to control fans connected to mobo

This only works on their board though right? I tried it and it couldn't read my motherboard or corsair controller.

After updating Dynamix Auto Fan Control to 2023.02.05a it seems like the Minnimum PWM value is actually now the max PWM value. I had this set to 45  prior and after the update my server will not spin the fans faster than 45% and then my server shutdown due to drives too hot, setting it to 100% seems to work, current fans speed is now 1666 rpm (66%) , thats a lot less than 100%.

Dynamix S3 Sleep plugin is causing issues.

Currently running Unraid ver 6.12.4 on both of my Unraid computers. Yesterday I installed Dynamix S3 Sleep plugin that is available via the APPS page on ONE of my Unraid computers.

After installing I searched for documentation on how to properly set this plugin up and could find nothing.

Link from the MAIN page displays the SLEEP icon and a link to wiki entry that does not work. See screen captures below.

However I did find this recommendation in this thread here that I used.

872065378_Sleepsettings.png.dbe2bed37b8e

i set them to these settings. And exited the plugin. Then went back into the settings tab to verify I had saved them. And they were saved.

Last night before retiring I pressed the SLEEP icon on the Unraid Dashboard and the server seemed to go to sleep, as I lost my web connection to the server and ALL lights and disk leds were now off.

This morning I hit my power button, The computer seemed to awake and all lights and disk leds were no on. There was no usual bootup procedure, So I assumed it was awake.

However I could not connect to the server via a browser, nor would it respond to a ping from my Windows 10 computer or Ubuntu pc.

So I had to hard reset the beast via the power button.

And now it is awake but running a parity check due to the hard reset.

I checked the plugin settings this morning and they had returned to the default settings and not the settings I had entered.

I checked my log entry for last night to see if the server did in fact go into S3 Sleep mode.

I found these entries

Mar 17 00:29:00 JUNKYARD s3_sleep: Enter sleep mode
Mar 17 00:29:00 JUNKYARD kernel: PM: suspend entry (deep)
Mar 17 09:27:16 JUNKYARD root: Delaying execution of fix common problems scan for 10 minutes

The next after were for this morning.

I've removed the plugin until I can find instructions on what are the proper settings to use. I do not want any hard crashes, as this server has been as stable as a finely tuned Chevy small block V8 until installing this plugin.

I will NOT be trying this plugin on my other Unraid server.

i usually do not have this issue with Dynamix plugins.

Frustrated with the lack of documentation and broken link.

Cheers & many thanks...

Sleepwiki.JPG

NotFound.JPG

Edited by Vetteman
Correct spelling
16 minutes ago, Vetteman said:

i usually do not have this issue with Dynamix plugins.

as alot are using sleep meanwhile ... i wouldnt say its a bad plugin, but what comes into here ...

Server Software in combo with alot of Hardware just dont like to suspend to ram and wake ...

there is a reason why usually its spoken, Servers dont belong to S3 ... ;)

now, there is not much you can adjust or what is correct or wrong, all you setup in the Top belongs when the sleep is auto triggered, sample from my VM Server here (which works flawlessly with sleep, luckily ...)

image.thumb.png.71d42f75455fa2437a7a22a6335fa9ef.png

so, all you can try now if your Server doesnt repond after awaking ...

1/ do you have a monitor attached (or kvm) to check if the local console is up

2/ you can try the force gigabit from the buttom part (to restart the NIC)

image.thumb.png.142639ad92321dabd34b145c6c7aa4fd.png

3/ you can try various scripts before / after ... but as mentioned, in the end its usually a hardware issue which just doesnt like S3

sorry to say and may be frustrating, but nothing to be upset now vs. anyone ... its a plugin with a feature which may works (or not)

Yes, I do have a kvm switch attach. I did switch to the kvm port the Unraid server was attached to and there was no monitor display, no response from the keyboard. Sorry I did not post this.

I also watched SpaceInvader One's youtube video on this plugin 

Thanks for the reply.

1 hour ago, Vetteman said:

I did switch to the kvm port the Unraid server was attached to and there was no monitor display, no response from the keyboard

then the network reset prolly wont help, if the console would ve been there it would probably solvable ... but if its "stalled" after awaking ... i guess its just not your plugin.

sorry to say

• Like 1

Too bad. Prior to running Unraid on this computer, it was a Windows 10 storage pool server and the Windows 10 sleep mode was flawless.

I am a bit timid to try this plugin on my other Unraid server for fear of having to do a hard reset resulting in file corruption.

Thank you kindly for the replies, much appreciated. Many cheers from Nova Scotia...

2 hours ago, Vetteman said:

Too bad. Prior to running Unraid on this computer, it was a Windows 10 storage pool server and the Windows 10 sleep mode was flawless.

I am a bit timid to try this plugin on my other Unraid server for fear of having to do a hard reset resulting in file corruption.

Keep in mind, the plug-in is just a front end for executing sleep commands on a schedule.  If you initiate sleep via the terminal, I strongly suspect you'll have the same issues waking up. 

My old system had major problems with its HBA card after waking from S3 sleep. The issue was fixed after updating my motherboard to the newest BIOS.  So I suggest seeing if updating all your firmware fixes the issue.