bonienl

Dynamix - V6 Plugins

2297 posts in this topic Last Reply

Well my gui just crashed, everything else is sill up and running (dockers / shares)

I have had to restart my system. I balls'd up the shutdown command so I have been greeted with a parity check.

Edited by Lebowski

I've got Dynamix Auto Fan Control working for my PWM chassis fans, but I was curious if it were possible to have it monitor and adjust based on CPU temp instead of HDD temps? The reason I ask is because my HDDs usually remain relatively cool but my CPU can get pretty hot when transcoding for Plex so it would be nice to have the chassis fans ramp up based on that instead of HDD temps.

Thank you and sorry if this has been asked before!

Normally your CPU cooler should be automatic adjusted anyway. If not im using "autofan" for it.

#!/bin/bash

###  Check if script already run 
if [[ -f "/var/run/fancontrol.pid" ]]; then
echo "fancontrol läuft bereits."
exit

else
echo "starte fancontrol"

fi

killall -15 fancontrol
echo "fancontrol gekillt"
rm -f /etc/fancontrol
echo "/etc/fancontrol gelöscht"
echo "# Configuration file generated by pwmconfig, changes will be lost
INTERVAL=10
DEVPATH=hwmon0=devices/platform/coretemp.0 hwmon1=devices/platform/nct6775.656
DEVNAME=hwmon0=coretemp hwmon1=nct6776
FCTEMPS=hwmon1/pwm2=hwmon0/temp1_input
FCFANS= hwmon1/pwm2=hwmon1/fan2_input
MINTEMP=60 hwmon1/pwm2=60
MAXTEMP=75 hwmon1/pwm2=75
MINSTART=150 hwmon1/pwm2=20
MINSTOP=0 hwmon1/pwm2=15
MINPWM=0 hwmon1/pwm2=15
MAXPWM=255 hwmon1/pwm2=255" > /etc/fancontrol
echo "/etc/fancontrol neu geschrieben"
fancontrol

i run it every hour- if it would fail for any reason.

Yes, the fan attached to my CPU will automatically adjust speed based on CPU temp, I was just hoping I could have my chassis fans adjust based on CPU temp as well.

just buy some pwr splitter cables then? :D

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B01MS97RSX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Maybe you need this if you CPU fan header has not enaught power:

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B015KG6HP0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

but on my 2 mainboards i tried, more then 5 fans worked perfectly.

Maybe you could adjust the script also to do it. you can play around with the source /fan1_input u can look in the directorys for the right number according to your cpu temperature. 

(i dont knwo something like /cpu/temperature/something0-5)

Use ur terminal for it.

Edited by nuhll

Yeah, I had thought of that but researching online several people warned not to use a splitter on the CPU fan header, but I think I'll go ahead and give it a try since I'm only going to be running 3 fans total off it (CPU, 120mm, and 140mm). Thanks!

Yeah, there are also ppl on internet who say DONT USE  insert random drive here IN NAS because you need enterprise hardware11111111

Overall, the worst thing that can happen is it dont work. You can see if the higehst RPM is still the same, or not, if not, buy the 2. link i gave u.

I have 5 or 6 fans on a single ARRAY PWR thing on MB. Its old hardware and i tried 2 different mainboards till now - on both it works just fine.

Only one thing, PWM will only be read from ONE fan, so you might want to take the fastest or slowest, like you want. (noice/temperature)

Edited by nuhll

Actually the worst thing that can happen is frying the motherboard leads going to the CPU fan header due to high current draw, but the odds of that with only 3 fans total is pretty slim.

I dont think nowadays any part of a computer can overheat or die. if you dont circuit it or manually apply crazy voltage or such things. (but i might be wrong, i never had such a thing happen in 20 years)

If you want to be save, just take the 2. link i gave u.

Edited by nuhll

On 1/12/2019 at 7:17 AM, mrbilky said:

Has the genie been let out of the bottle?

1937194943_ScreenShot2019-01-12at8_14_42AM.thumb.png.7808eda874863d0abbd6ed21cda4ef21.png

On 1/12/2019 at 7:44 AM, wgstarks said:

Kinda looks that way.

ohohoh, I found an interesting link, should i spill the news ? "6.7.0-rc0j"

Edited by starbetrayer

Dynamix System Statistics has a minimum Unraid version of 6.7.0 as of it's last update. Latest stable unRaid version is 6.6.6.

I've been getting a notification about this update everyday for a week.

12 minutes ago, Ryonez said:

Dynamix System Statistics has a minimum Unraid version of 6.7.0 as of it's last update. Latest stable unRaid version is 6.6.6.

Whilst it's great 6.7.0 is on the horizon, it would be nice to suppress impossible notifications.

Whether updates for a version higher than installed are ignored, or updates for a non-released version are ignored, I don't know. (in the first case, where an update is available for a later release, perhaps not a notification raised, but an icon on the Apps page stating that an update is available if you update your OS.)

23 hours ago, BRiT said:

Maybe 6.7.0 addresses the issue of impossible updates.

It does now :) Still will show the update available, but will not send out any notification about it.  

Edited by Squid

On 1/16/2019 at 12:06 PM, Ryonez said:

Alternative would be to disable plugin update checks and either check manually, or install the auto update plugin and just have it update everything and not have to worry about it.

7 minutes ago, Squid said:

install the auto update plugin and just have it update everything and not have to worry about it.

This is what I do. If it weren't for these "reports" popping up all over the forum I wouldn't have even known about this.

12 hours ago, Squid said:

Alternative would be to disable plugin update checks and either check manually, or install the auto update plugin and just have it update everything and not have to worry about it.

I like to be there when updating just in case something breaks.
Not sure if the auto update plugin would fix it though, because it wouldn't be updating the plugin would it? Or does it suppress the notifications anyway?

I like to be there when updating just in case something breaks.
Not sure if the auto update plugin would fix it though, because it wouldn't be updating the plugin would it? Or does it suppress the notifications anyway?
Auto update doesn't send out notifications unless you want it to. You can also pick and choose what it'll update for you behind the scenes.

Sent via telekinesis

On 11/18/2018 at 2:34 PM, bonienl said:

Finally merged the updates of @Alex R. Berg and made a new version of dynamix cached dirs available.

@bonienl

A new change is ready. Unfortunately you may find it to be a pain-in-the-arse because the last was not merged via git, but manually applied. Anyway I havn't created a new change request, as any change I push automatically gets added to the existing change-request. The new version is cache-dirs 2.2.7, and includes fixes to -a option which allows users to exclude via arbitrary find exclude commands, stuff from Joe I ruined long ago.

bonienl, I suspect it is this commit you merged manually last: 8bef2e6dff9cb76553965fd898ef8692b0a29625. I would merge everything up to the point you merged last, so git knows it. And then merge normally.

On 11/18/2018 at 3:25 PM, Frank1940 said:

Does this mean that those of us who were on @Alex R. Berg's fork of of the Preclear plugin will end up back on this version or will we have to uninstall and reinstall?  

I'll point you all to bonienl when this next merge is done. I don't remember if I already pointed everybody back to main in nov/dec, but I'll do it again.

Fix Common Problems sends out notification about plugin update available. Every day. ;) Just ignore that warning in the settings for now.

On 1/18/2019 at 2:49 PM, Niklas said:

Fix Common Problems sends out notification about plugin update available. Every day. ;) Just ignore that warning in the settings for now.

This behaviour should be changed in today's update to FCP

• Like 1