[Support] Linuxserver.io - Plex Media Server


4830 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

33 minutes ago, MMTim said:

I guess that would have been an option too yes.. 🙂

But.. Impatient as I can be, I had already looked that up so what i did is the following:

 

- Backing up my Library folder

- Uninstalling the docker container

- Reinstalling Plex with the manual/instructions as you said

- Put back the library folder

 

..Results are the same though. Whenever I start playing a video with transcoding, I see it show up under 'nvidia-smi' for a very brief moment, then it disappears and I see my CPUs getting hit. Also, 2160p is still with stutters and frequent buffering.

 

Not really sure what to do or try now? Could it be there's something wrong with the physical card? I can try with another, let powerful, nvidia card tomorrow for the sake of trying... Guess I'll do that, unless you would have any more suggestions before then? :) THanks!

What do you mean by adding back the library folder? If it's a folder in appdata then don't. You want a clean config. Also be sure to delete image when you remove the container.

Link to post
  • Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Go to the appdata share and look in Plex\Library\Application Support\Plex Media Server\Crash Reports You will find folders for your previous versions named as the release version.

Yep, seems like the problem.   Not to be outdone... google.  And what do I find.... Hoopster's post from over a year ago. I see your post here regarding the iGPU not being enabled corr

Application Name: Plex Media Server Application Site: https://plex.tv/ Docker Hub: https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/plex/ Github: https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-plex  

Posted Images

11 hours ago, MMTim said:

I guess that would have been an option too yes.. 🙂

But.. Impatient as I can be, I had already looked that up so what i did is the following:

 

- Backing up my Library folder

- Uninstalling the docker container

- Reinstalling Plex with the manual/instructions as you said

- Put back the library folder

 

..Results are the same though. Whenever I start playing a video with transcoding, I see it show up under 'nvidia-smi' for a very brief moment, then it disappears and I see my CPUs getting hit. Also, 2160p is still with stutters and frequent buffering.

 

Not really sure what to do or try now? Could it be there's something wrong with the physical card? I can try with another, let powerful, nvidia card tomorrow for the sake of trying... Guess I'll do that, unless you would have any more suggestions before then? :) THanks!

If you ever edited the profiles for different devices, this might cause that problem.
I had edited profiles for android about 5 months before and now i had x265 videos and they didn't even start to transcode, then i remebered that and deleted the custom profiles. Worked immidietly.

Link to post
13 hours ago, MMTim said:

Yup that's what I put back.. Would that mean I need to redo all my shares, indexing, custom folders etc?

The point isn't to set it up the same way as you had it, but to test with a new clean setup if its working. If you add back the appdata you are back to the old setup.

Set up a fresh new plex and then add the movies folder so you have something  to test with.

Link to post

Hi all,

apologies if this issue has been brought up already.

I am having difficulties with Plex not displaying my content.

It looks related to what I can find in the log (see screenshot attached).

Does any of you know why I get all these errors?

Thank you in advance!

D.

 

image.png.2c121550afa501b40d20f5d9acaf00ca.png

 

Link to post
1 hour ago, Deazo said:

Hi all,

apologies if this issue has been brought up already.

I am having difficulties with Plex not displaying my content.

It looks related to what I can find in the log (see screenshot attached).

Does any of you know why I get all these errors?

Thank you in advance!

D.

 

image.png.2c121550afa501b40d20f5d9acaf00ca.png

 

Is this from plex's free stuff? I would think it's better to ask Plex directly.

Link to post
55 minutes ago, saarg said:

Is this from plex's free stuff? I would think it's better to ask Plex directly.

I don't know, I am not even sure why all these sources are consulted. 

BUT it looks like a connectivity issue, right? So more like an unraid/docker issue to me.

Also, it is not just the free stuff that is not accessible from within Plex now, it's all my content.

Anyone has an idea?

Thanks

Link to post
4 hours ago, Deazo said:

I don't know, I am not even sure why all these sources are consulted. 

BUT it looks like a connectivity issue, right? So more like an unraid/docker issue to me.

Also, it is not just the free stuff that is not accessible from within Plex now, it's all my content.

Anyone has an idea?

Thanks

Have you done any changes lately?

Link to post

No change whatsoever, no.

 

EDIT: I think it is coming from plugins that no longer work, in particular Trailer Addict plugin.

I removed it and the errors are gone.

Thanks for the support

Edited by Deazo
Link to post

I've just updated to the latest version of the docker container and im now limited to 600kbps remote streaming.

 

My upload speed is 750mbps (75 MB/s). Remote Access upload speed is set to 500mbps with limit remote stream bitrate set to 20mbps 1080p. Treat WAN IP As LAN Bandwidth is enabled in Netowork settings and Enable Relay is turned off. Transcoding and original play are both working fine locally and the 600kbps is consistent across multiple remote networks.

 

Local IP is static and ports are open, has changed since the update other than to try and fix the issue.

 

Any thoughts?

Link to post

Having weird playback issues what seems to be new tv shows, where it only plays locally from one tv.   When I test local play back from a web browser it will not load and from certain TVs locally.  Remote users started reporting this issue and i was able to replicate it only from these devices.  Also, its only a certain new shows but not all

 

Here are logs I just pulled from the event:

 

Jan 05, 2021 08:23:08.000 [0x14718d435700] ERROR - [Transcoder] Error while decoding stream #0:1: Input/output error
Jan 05, 2021 08:23:10.923 [0x14715c3e1700] DEBUG - [Transcode] Exists("/tmp/Transcode/Sessions/plex-transcode-op8zrkoc1khqki85qvvy1ewz-4d430dbf-6372-4d7b-b64c-060730503b47/init-stream0.m4s") => 0
Jan 05, 2021 08:23:10.923 [0x14718dcdf700] DEBUG - Completed: [192.168.1.19:63650] 404 GET /video/:/transcode/universal/dash/op8zrkoc1khqki85qvvy1ewz/0/initial.mp4 (9 live) TLS GZIP 120098ms 458 bytes (pipelined: 1)
Jan 05, 2021 08:23:11.000 [0x1470d3dfe700] ERROR - [Transcoder] [eac3_eae @ 0x754ec0] EAE timeout! EAE not running, or wrong folder? Could not read '/tmp/pms-f7b23fa4-dc9e-4799-8a2a-100251c08554/EasyAudioEncoder/Convert to WAV (to 8ch or less)/op8zrkoc1khqki85qvvy1ewz_468-0-168.wav'
Jan 05, 2021 08:23:11.000 [0x14715c9e4700] ERROR - [Transcoder] [eac3_eae @ 0x754ec0] error reading output
Jan 05, 2021 08:23:11.000 [0x14718c62e700] ERROR - [Transcoder] Error while decoding stream #0:1: Input/output error
Jan 05, 2021 08:23:14.000 [0x14715c3e1700] ERROR - [Transcoder] [eac3_eae @ 0x754ec0] EAE timeout! EAE not running, or wrong folder? Could not read '/tmp/pms-f7b23fa4-dc9e-4799-8a2a-100251c08554/EasyAudioEncoder/Convert to WAV (to 8ch or less)/op8zrkoc1khqki85qvvy1ewz_468-0-169.wav'
Jan 05, 2021 08:23:14.000 [0x1470d3dfe700] ERROR - [Transcoder] [eac3_eae @ 0x754ec0] error reading output
Jan 05, 2021 08:23:14.000 [0x14718d8dd700] ERROR - [Transcoder] Error while decoding stream #0:1: Input/output error
Jan 05, 2021 08:23:17.000 [0x14718c62e700] ERROR - [Transcoder] [eac3_eae @ 0x754ec0] EAE timeout! EAE not running, or wrong folder? Could not read '/tmp/pms-f7b23fa4-dc9e-4799-8a2a-100251c08554/EasyAudioEncoder/Convert to WAV (to 8ch or less)/op8zrkoc1khqki85qvvy1ewz_468-0-170.wav'
Jan 05, 2021 08:23:17.000 [0x14715c9e4700] ERROR - [Transcoder] [eac3_eae @ 0x754ec0] error reading output
Jan 05, 2021 08:23:17.000 [0x14715c3e1700] ERROR - [Transcoder] Error while decoding stream #0:1: Input/output error
Jan 05, 2021 08:23:20.000 [0x14718d8dd700] ERROR - [Transcoder] [eac3_eae @ 0x754ec0] EAE timeout! EAE not running, or wrong folder? Could not read '/tmp/pms-f7b23fa4-dc9e-4799-8a2a-100251c08554/EasyAudioEncoder/Convert to WAV (to 8ch or less)/op8zrkoc1khqki85qvvy1ewz_468-0-171.wav'
Jan 05, 2021 08:23:20.000 [0x14718c62e700] ERROR - [Transcoder] [eac3_eae @ 0x754ec0] error reading output 

 

Plex version 1.21.1.3842

Edited by brasiledo
Link to post

I'm having an issue with Plex. To be honest, I don't really think it has anything to do with the linuxserver's docker container of Plex, but I'm not sure where else to ask. I was running the deprecated version of Plex's official docker container when I started noticing that I couldn't play my media, even if I was local. It looked like I needed to claim my server again, so I tried to do that. However, even though I clicked claim, nothing happened (screenshot attached below). I tried different browsers, incognito, and all of that. Couldn't do it. So I decided to uninstall the docker container (since it was deprecated) and reinstall Plex again. I also removed my appdata folder for good measure. I reinstalled linuxserver's version of Plex. But upon starting it, it tried to sign back into my account, which I thought was odd since I removed the appdata folder and reinstalled Plex. It should have been a clean set up (obviously my understanding is wrong since it wasn't a clean set up). Anyway, same issue. Can't claim the server. Go to the website and try to login and I'm met with this error (attached below as well). It's the right sign in information and everything. Honestly, I don't know what's going on. I tried Googling it, and it seems like some other people have had my issue, but no solutions. I'm hoping someone could shed some light on what's going on or how to fix it. Even if it's starting over from scratch, that's fine, just tell me how to do it because apparently uninstalling the docker container and removing the appdata folder isn't enough. Logs look okay too. No errors.

plex problems.jpg

Screenshot 2021-01-05 123214.jpg

Link to post
1 hour ago, N¿¿B said:

I'm having an issue with Plex. To be honest, I don't really think it has anything to do with the linuxserver's docker container of Plex, but I'm not sure where else to ask. I was running the deprecated version of Plex's official docker container when I started noticing that I couldn't play my media, even if I was local. It looked like I needed to claim my server again, so I tried to do that. However, even though I clicked claim, nothing happened (screenshot attached below). I tried different browsers, incognito, and all of that. Couldn't do it. So I decided to uninstall the docker container (since it was deprecated) and reinstall Plex again. I also removed my appdata folder for good measure. I reinstalled linuxserver's version of Plex. But upon starting it, it tried to sign back into my account, which I thought was odd since I removed the appdata folder and reinstalled Plex. It should have been a clean set up (obviously my understanding is wrong since it wasn't a clean set up). Anyway, same issue. Can't claim the server. Go to the website and try to login and I'm met with this error (attached below as well). It's the right sign in information and everything. Honestly, I don't know what's going on. I tried Googling it, and it seems like some other people have had my issue, but no solutions. I'm hoping someone could shed some light on what's going on or how to fix it. Even if it's starting over from scratch, that's fine, just tell me how to do it because apparently uninstalling the docker container and removing the appdata folder isn't enough. Logs look okay too. No errors.

plex problems.jpg

Screenshot 2021-01-05 123214.jpg

Try removing the server from the Plex 'Authorised devices' in the Web GUI on a browser and then try to reclaim your server. I too struggled till I tried this approach. I hope that solves the issue for you. 

Link to post
2 hours ago, Jase said:

Try removing the server from the Plex 'Authorised devices' in the Web GUI on a browser and then try to reclaim your server. I too struggled till I tried this approach. I hope that solves the issue for you. 


Can't log in via Web GUI or anything anymore. No idea what's going on.

 

Link to post

I have been running Plex in docker for quite a while now and never had issues until last night. Starting last evening none of my media with EAC3 audio will play in Plex now (Roku, Shield, or Web). I have tried changing the transcode folder location, deleting my codecs, turning off automatic library scanning, verifying that my Unraid servers inotify value isn't too low (it's over 500K, tried increasing to 1mill no change and changed back to default value), restored docker container from backup, completely blew it up and did fresh install of Plex. Nothing has resolved this issue in the last 18 hours. Only thing that happened was that my power went out yesterday afternoon for a couple hours and my Unraid server shut down (gracefully, it's connected to APC UPS and it sent the shutdown command at 20%).

 

Anyone have any other ideas? Been using Plex for like 10 years now, and on Unraid for the last 2-3 without any issues. I have about 1500 movies, 200 TV shows (15K episodes), 2k Music, and another 200 misc documentaries/specials. Nothing crazy compared to what I've seen others host.

Link to post

Anyone know what Plex folders can be excluded in CA Backup / Restore application? I heard that you don't need to back up the entire Plex appdata directory. It takes quite a while to do a backup now and I suspect that the Plex files are responsible.

 

 Capture.JPG.3878d337c67dfb0f0b3eb1fac0595b34.JPG

Link to post

First off I'm running unRaid NVIDIA 6.8.3 2020-03-05 because I run a gaming VM. Plex used to work fine and randomly started getting this error and becomes unresponsive. I do not know if a container update started causing this, as I didn't notice it until it stopped working. 

 

The only way to bypass is is to delete the Preferences.XML file, and restart. This sets up the server as a "new" server but it works. All the shares are still there. As soon as I made a change to any settings within Plex (ie. enable auto discovery,)  I get this error again.

 

I have a backup of my plex directory and tried running it with the plexinc container and still got the same error. I'm assuming this is an unRaid problem more than than a plex problem.

 

Any help would be highly appreciated.

 

IOMO0eQ.png

Link to post
46 minutes ago, techukie said:

First off I'm running unRaid NVIDIA 6.8.3 2020-03-05 because I run a gaming VM. Plex used to work fine and randomly started getting this error and becomes unresponsive. I do not know if a container update started causing this, as I didn't notice it until it stopped working. 

 

The only way to bypass is is to delete the Preferences.XML file, and restart. This sets up the server as a "new" server but it works. All the shares are still there. As soon as I made a change to any settings within Plex (ie. enable auto discovery,)  I get this error again.

 

I have a backup of my plex directory and tried running it with the plexinc container and still got the same error. I'm assuming this is an unRaid problem more than than a plex problem.

 

Any help would be highly appreciated.

 

IOMO0eQ.png

Looks like you should check your disk for errors.

Link to post

For the past week or so whenever I load Plex Media Player or on browser, the recommended tab and home page fails to load. The home page states "there was an error loading your home screen. Please try again in a few minutes." Anyone know a way to fix this? It's been pretty annoying.

Link to post
On 12/5/2020 at 6:45 AM, XisoP said:

Hey all,

 

I just upgraded my PMS image from very old to 1.21.latest. I now see a version not available in the docker overview. Is this common or is there something wrong in my config?

 

224731635_versionNA.thumb.png.a8e8f907893225b89a92ea5d951ef3fc.png

 

Similar to XisoP, but I'm not coming from old build. I'm currently running 1.21.1.3876 (which is current, at time of posting) and running "check for updates" doesn't change the "not available" message. I've also tried restarting the docker image; no luck. I'm just about out of ideas.

Do any of you fine folks have a suggestion I can try?

Edited by Kudjo
Link to post

Lots of buffering lately. 

 

A Roku on a wired gigabit connection and a laptop with the web client on a 5GHz wifi connection.

 

i7-2600 is virtually sitting idle, its definitely not resource related on the server end or network related.


Shows will play fine, suddenly I get the gold circle, sometimes it plays again shortly, other times I get the error telling me my network connection is too slow (even on the wired gig Roku).

 

Any ideas?

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.