[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

The confusing one that i'm not playing with is the seed time. By default, it's set to 7. With the timer set to 7, and say it only takes you 10 minutes to download your favorite linux distro, you will only seed this file for 70 minutes. Now, this makes some sense, except for some of those linux distros i'm seeding that will download in 10 minutes and seed for 2 weeks, so there seems to be no real rhyme or reason on how it decides what stays or goes.

For example, last night, I downloaded 15 files. Of those 15 files, 14 were already deleted from my file system in the morning. 1 still existed and was seeding. I don't even have deluge with delete files after enabled. All I know, is it's making it tough for me to maintain some ratios lol

There's a setting the removes torrents when a share ratio is met, make sure that's not checked.

If CouchPotato or Sonarr are the programs adding torrents, make sure they are set to not remove the torrents as well.

The confusing one that i'm not playing with is the seed time. By default, it's set to 7. With the timer set to 7, and say it only takes you 10 minutes to download your favorite linux distro, you will only seed this file for 70 minutes. Now, this makes some sense, except for some of those linux distros i'm seeding that will download in 10 minutes and seed for 2 weeks, so there seems to be no real rhyme or reason on how it decides what stays or goes.

For example, last night, I downloaded 15 files. Of those 15 files, 14 were already deleted from my file system in the morning. 1 still existed and was seeding. I don't even have deluge with delete files after enabled. All I know, is it's making it tough for me to maintain some ratios lol

There's a setting the removes torrents when a share ratio is met, make sure that's not checked.

If CouchPotato or Sonarr are the programs adding torrents, make sure they are set to not remove the torrents as well.

It's SickRage and yes, double checked that.

I have a new interesting development, it appears public site torrents are uploading. IPT has strict rules on client and VERSION of client you can use. Deluge/Transmission both fall out of their specs, which can lead to blocks/banning and misrepresented stats. Only way I can test IPT functionality using this knowledge is to fire up a VM, use the specific client, add the .torrents and try again to see if I can seed.

I have a new interesting development, it appears public site torrents are uploading. IPT has strict rules on client and VERSION of client you can use. Deluge/Transmission both fall out of their specs, which can lead to blocks/banning and misrepresented stats. Only way I can test IPT functionality using this knowledge is to fire up a VM, use the specific client, add the .torrents and try again to see if I can seed.

Deluge 1.3.12 is what IPT shows as user agent on the peers page, successfully seeding through PIA currently. Do you have peer exchange and DHT disabled as required by IPT? (and all private trackers)

Deluge 1.3.12 is what IPT shows as user agent on the peers page, successfully seeding through PIA currently. Do you have peer exchange and DHT disabled as required by IPT? (and all private trackers)

Correct. Are you using the DelugeVPN container or the actual client for an OS?

Correct. Are you using the DelugeVPN container or the actual client for an OS?

This delugevpn container.

Update

I deleted my docker file, re-created it and re-pulled DelugeVPN (using my saved templace so I didn't lose any settings) successfully, this also fixed the "Update button always being there. So try that, delete your docker file, re-create it and re-pull your dockers.

:D;D8)

Hi thanks did that and i can pull the docker image down now. I installed it last night and works fine.

However i am getting the update message again this morning. I update it then when i check for updates again it says it needs updating?

@naturalcarr are you getting update messages since your reinstall?

Update

I deleted my docker file, re-created it and re-pulled DelugeVPN (using my saved templace so I didn't lose any settings) successfully, this also fixed the "Update button always being there. So try that, delete your docker file, re-create it and re-pull your dockers.

Hi thanks did that and i can pull the docker image down now. I installed it last night and works fine.

However i am getting the update message again this morning. I update it then when i check for updates again it says it needs updating?

Yeah I still get it when I mount my array, but that's it, so as long as my server and docker are on and enabled, it's not an issue.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Update

Yeah I still get it when I mount my array, but that's it, so as long as my server and docker are on and enabled, it's not an issue.

I get the same thing. It is fine till I reboot the server or click the check for updates button.

Morning or Afternoon all,

First time using the docker here.

This may seem like a silly question but im going to ask it in any case.

When setting up DelugeVPN it ask for 2 things. 1 is config host path, this is a no brainer. The second thing it ask's for is the data host path.

Its this second setting I am questioning. What data does it store in this location?

Because from what I understand or should I say from reading between the lines so to speak the docker needs a pathway from unraid to the docker itself (Being Deluge).

When setting up DelugeVPN it ask for 2 things. 1 is config host path, this is a no brainer. The second thing it ask's for is the data host path.

Its this second setting I am questioning. What data does it store in this location?

Because from what I understand or should I say from reading between the lines so to speak the docker needs a pathway from unraid to the docker itself (Being Deluge).

Not sure if you meant first time using docker in general, or this container, but given the tone of the question, I think this is a good place for you to start.

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=40937.msg387520#msg387520

By default it doesn't store anything there, you tell the app inside the docker to save to the path you set in the container volume side, and it appears in unraid in the path specified on the host side.

If you don't tell the app specifically where to put things and let it use its defaults, you very well may end up downloading stuff inside the docker image itself, and causing yourself headaches. Best to read the docker FAQ's I linked and ask questions if you aren't getting it.

BTW, this is a common question, not silly at all, and a little tough to wrap your head around if you've never dealt with something like this before. Better to ask before you make a mess of things. Once you get it, it's simple. Before the lightbulb moment, it's tough.

Not sure if you meant first time using docker in general, or this container, but given the tone of the question, I think this is a good place for you to start.

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=40937.msg387520#msg387520

By default it doesn't store anything there, you tell the app inside the docker to save to the path you set in the container volume side, and it appears in unraid in the path specified on the host side.

If you don't tell the app specifically where to put things and let it use its defaults, you very well may end up downloading stuff inside the docker image itself, and causing yourself headaches. Best to read the docker FAQ's I linked and ask questions if you aren't getting it.

BTW, this is a common question, not silly at all, and a little tough to wrap your head around if you've never dealt with something like this before. Better to ask before you make a mess of things. Once you get it, it's simple. Before the lightbulb moment, it's tough.

Yea lightbulb moment!

Clear as day now.

Update

I get the same thing. It is fine till I reboot the server or click the check for updates button.

Same here.  Every day it wants me to update it.  I've tried deleting the docker and making a new one and it's the same.

Its not just this container, I have some others that are always stuck on need a update - last time this happened - i had to shutdown all the dockers, remove and recreate the docker.img file, then re download everything and then it seemed fine.

At least this is easier with CA's previous app install

Myk

How do I associate my torrents once moved by Mover?

I move files from /mnt/cache/media/downloads to /mnt/user/media/downloads.

I'm no longer able to seed since torrents are looking for what I just moved. I tried using a Move Storage after the fact but I believe it doesn't work that way...

How do I associate them again?

Has anyone seen this error before in the logs?

2016-06-12 15:54:56,478 DEBG 'deluge-script' stderr output:

[ERROR ] 15:54:56 main:347 malformed expression (,)

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/ui/console/main.py", line 344, in do_command

ret = self._commands[cmd].handle(*args, **options.__dict__)

File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/ui/console/commands/config.py", line 102, in handle

return self._set_config(*args, **options)

File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/ui/console/commands/config.py", line 136, in _set_config

val = simple_eval(options["set"][1] + " " .join(args))

File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/ui/console/commands/config.py", line 85, in simple_eval

res = atom(src.next, src.next())

File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/ui/console/commands/config.py", line 54, in atom

out.append(atom(next, token))

File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/ui/console/commands/config.py", line 77, in atom

raise SyntaxError("malformed expression (%s)" % token[1])

SyntaxError: malformed expression (,)

2016-06-12 15:54:56,479 DEBG 'deluge-script' stdout output:

malformed expression (,)

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/ui/console/main.py", line 344, in do_command

ret = self._commands[cmd].handle(*args, **options.__dict__)

File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/ui/console/commands/config.py", line 102, in handle

return self._set_config(*args, **options)

File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/ui/console/commands/config.py", line 136, in _set_config

val = simple_eval(options["set"][1] + " " .join(args))

File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/ui/console/commands/config.py", line 85, in simple_eval

res = atom(src.next, src.next())

File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/ui/console/commands/config.py", line 54, in atom

out.append(atom(next, token))

File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/ui/console/commands/config.py", line 77, in atom

raise SyntaxError("malformed expression (%s)" % token[1])

SyntaxError: malformed expression (,)

I'm no longer able to seed since torrents are looking for what I just moved. I tried using a Move Storage after the fact but I believe it doesn't work that way...

Post your docker mappings. Does the docker have access to /mnt/user/media/downloads?

I gather you got the IPT stuff figured out?

yes i am now getting this problem binhex-couchpotato,binhex-delugevpn,binhex-sabnzbd,binhex-sickrage and binhex-sonarr. :(

ok so in order to try and resolve the weird docker hub pull issue, i have updated the base image, this requires a rebuild of all the images i have produced, otherwise different base images will occur and this will lead to a small waste of disk space (around 200MB). so if you accept and update all images now this should hopefully be the end of the issue and you wont see any re-occurrence of images being continuously tagged as requiring updates and/'or pull issues, please let me know if this is still the case AFTER you have updated.

yes i am now getting this problem binhex-couchpotato,binhex-delugevpn,binhex-sabnzbd,binhex-sickrage and binhex-sonarr. :(

ok so in order to try and resolve the weird docker hub pull issue, i have updated the base image, this requires a rebuild of all the images i have produced, otherwise different base images will occur and this will lead to a small waste of disk space (around 200MB). so if you accept and update all images now this should hopefully be the end of the issue and you wont see any re-occurrence of images being continuously tagged as requiring updates and/'or pull issues, please let me know if this is still the case AFTER you have updated.

Sorry mate, didn't work for me, still showing as an update available.

Other in the latest beta release thread are complaining about this same problem with other dockers not even related to yours - so something is goofy in unRAID docker check and not your dockers

Myk

Thanks Myk, ok well maybe docker hub has changed their api and dockerman is now not reading the image id correctly, or some such issue. This hopefully will still fix the pull bug that a couple of people reported on, as i dont think this would be linked to a unraid dockerman issue.

Post your docker mappings. Does the docker have access to /mnt/user/media/downloads?

I gather you got the IPT stuff figured out?

Actually Jon I believe this is all related. I'm thinking I may have figured it out. I do have a /moved path to user folder.

I'm adding my torrents back manually, pausing them, moving storage using "/moved", force rechecking and they're starting to seed. I believe this may be resolved but wow, it took a lot of trial and error. Thanks.