[Plugin] CA Fix Common Problems

22 hours ago, Leverz said:

when I go to the Apps tab, it hangs. It does not update anything on the page.

Easiest to diagnose Apps.  Settings, Community Applications, Enable Debugging.  

Go To Apps.  After ~5 minutes, go back to Settings, Community Applications and download the debug log.

Post that back in the Community Applications thread

5 hours ago, Squid said:

Easiest to diagnose Apps.  Settings, Community Applications, Enable Debugging.  

Go To Apps.  After ~5 minutes, go back to Settings, Community Applications and download the debug log.

Post that back in the Community Applications thread

Where can I find the logs. I have checked in /var/log/ and a few other locations, but I can't seem to get it.

Also noticed that in
/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/community.applications/

that the file community.applications.plg is not showing. Perhaps I'm mistaken in its location.

Edited by Leverz
Additional linformation.

Hi all,

When I try to do some invalid login tests on purpose from another machine I don't get any notifications or warnings found with this plugin. Can someone demonstrate how this feature is meant to be working? My log clearly shows the invalid login attempts, but as far as this plugin is concerned, it's not doing anything or pushing any notifications. Am I misunderstanding what's meant to be happening here?

The "Number of allowed invalid logins per day" is currently set to 1.

Thank you guys!

On 11/1/2023 at 1:20 AM, Leverz said:

Where can I find the logs. I have checked in /var/log/ and a few other locations, but I can't seem to get it.

Also noticed that in
/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/community.applications/

that the file community.applications.plg is not showing. Perhaps I'm mistaken in its location.

Anybody have any idea how I can progress to fix CA, as I can't even get the logs?

I got a fix problems message saying "/var/log is getting full (currently 100 % used)" when I click more info it brings me to a forum page that mentions "atop" in nerdpack, I don't have that installed, and a link here, so here I am....

anyone here who knows what they're doing, unlike me, able to point me in the right direction? not sure how long the "error" has been up but current uptime is 1mo 24 days.

unraid-diagnostics-20231112-1417.zip

I posted the same error a while ago but only received a message that the cache drive was not set up correctly.  I've checked and all looks as expected but without a map of what I'm looking for I just reboot when it gets high.  It goes days without a change then climbs.  

I have 3 to 4 active streamers on my Plex at a time, they all direct play.  I've turned off tdarr but it still climbs.  Hopefully your post gets more attention and your solution will help mine as well.

4 hours ago, ExtremeSkiBum said:

I feel your pain.  Not much help here. If I knew, I would have went with TrueNAS.

Ditto. I'm starting to wonder if I'm shadow banned. I can't even get acknowledgement, much less answers to my questions on the forums. Very disappointing when the community was one of the hyped features 5 years ago.

Not hard stuff either. Things like "is this behavior expected" or if a proposed solution is worth trying.

• 2 weeks later...

First of all thanks Squid for this awesome plugin! It really helped me with setting things up at the beginning of my Unraid journey!

I was wondering if it was possible to outright omit some warnings
Recently I uninstalled the auto update docker plugin, and use the new Appdata backup plugin instead. So now I'm updating every week, instead of every day. This makes Fix Common Problems alert me of new updates available.

While I've been using the 'ignore this warning' option, managing 80+ docker applications is becoming a bit overwhelming.
Is there an alternative to just keep ignoring this particular application ?

Thanks in advance!

FIXED

AVG antivirus has a network scan, and sign-in test on any network device. It checks for default passwords.

Hi,

i got "Possible Hack Attempt on Dec 1"

"On Dec 1 there were 32 invalid login attempts..."

my server is not set as DMZ. DMZ is turned off on my router.

i only have port forward for docker containers ( plex, nextcloud, minecraft, VPN)

Remote access was set as Dynamic - UPnP, is now disabled

Edited by jordan_573
Fixed
  • 2 weeks later...

I ran the plugin and seeing two warnings

Share appdata set to cache-only, but files / folders exist on the array

I'm really not sure where to look to determine how to fix this. My appdata share is cache only, no secondary storage.

Docker application Sonarr has volumes being passed that are mounted by Unassigned Devices, but they are not mounted with the slave option

If I open the settings for Sonarr I have two paths

Container Path: /tv ---> This points to /mnt/disks/UNASSNDisk/Media/TV Shows/

Container Path: /data ---> This points to /mnt/disks/DELUGETorrents/Deluge/

I'm unsure which I click Edit on and change to Slave.

13 hours ago, DigitalDivide said:

I'm really not sure where to look to determine how to fix this. My appdata share is cache only, no secondary storage.

With your settings new files go to the primary storage location but existing files are left where they are.

To fix this you need to temporarily set the array as secondary storage; the mover direction to be array->cache; disable the docker service and then run mover.

on completion you can remove the secondary storage setting and re-enable the docker service.   You can also set Settings->Global Share settings to allow Exclusive Shares and now that all the appdata files are on the cache drive the appdata share will get the performance benefit of running as an Exclusive Share.

Ok, so I set my Appdata share to array as secondary storage, then array->cache...but not sure where to disable the mover service.

Edit...I think I found it. Do you mean under Settings, Scheduler, Mover Settings? I don't see anything to disable there except for logging.

Also what about the slave issue?

Edited by DigitalDivide