[Plugin] CA Application Auto Update

Squid

231 posts in this topic Last Reply

Auto Update doesn't spin up new instances of a few containers I have after an update attempt. 

The image is updated, but then they just disappear and aren't spun back up again. 

I can bring them back up manually by using the User Templates section in the Templates drop down. 

So not quite sure why Auto Update wouldn't spin them up again even though the template still exists for the containers. 

If I update the containers manually it works just fine.

Also note worthy these are my own unraid templates, https://github.com/Exist2Resist/docker-templates/tree/master/exist2resist

The containers that don't spin back up are Collabora, and Gitlab-CE after updates, all the other ones update fine. 

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A plugin designed to keep all (or selected) plugins / dockers up to date, with options for delayed upgrades.   Formerly part of Community Applications, this module is now packaged separately

No it's my fault.  A piece of experimental code I was working on mistakenly wound up in the release version.  Check for updates

Actually hadn't forgotten...   I have to wait until Friday's round of lsio updates, but what I'm going to do is this.   No GUI as I see this as rather limited in user needs  

Posted Images

20 hours ago, eagle470 said:

So this is an interesting post regarding auto updates for docker with the new paid limits on Docker Pulls. What is doing to be done by both this app and UnRAID to address this? 

Every check for an update to a container counts as a pull.  Every update performed counts as a pull.  To hit the 100 / 6 hours, you would have to have 50 containers all showing an update and all of them you decide to update.  Unlikely to happen (but still possible).  Unraid itself has a maximum check rate of 4 times / day (every 6 hours), and this plugin (unless you configure it with a custom cron expression) has a maximum check rate of every 24 hours.

Of course (as has been noted previously in this thread), there is zero reason to enable Unraid checking for updates (Settings - notification settings) if you are using this plugin.

• 1 month later...

I have a Compose of 18 Mailcow containers.
So, in the yml file, all the latest versions, but the plugin shows that you need an update.
How to get rid of it? 
I've tried to disable the update check in the plug-in settings, but not all containers come out there.

4 - майлкоу форум.png

3 - майлкоу форум.png

2 - майлкоу форум.png

1 - майлкоу форум.png

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry if it has already been raised as a request, but could CA Auto Update be updated to replicate (or trigger) the network rebuild functionality as added to Unraid as per this thread?

On 2/14/2020 at 3:47 PM, bonienl said:

When you go to the Docker page and update the "vpn" container, it will automatically update all other containers which depend on it.

On 2/15/2020 at 8:02 AM, bonienl said:

No, it doesn’t work together with the CA auto updater