No Preclear Plugin

New Newbie here,

I have read the previous comments and I am stumped as far as how to proceed. I recently upgraded to 6.4.1- rc1- GCC7.3.0.  All my plugins transferred over successfully except for the Preclear plugin that disappeared. I tried reinstalling the Preclear plugin a number of times only to receive notification that the plugin was "Not Supported" as seen in the attachment. Preclear icon does not show in Installed Plugins. It is visible under Tools but does not work. The preclear icon is visible in Unassigned Devices but does not initialize. Is this a bug that will get worked out or maybe I am doing something incorrectly. I followed Spaceinvader One videos step by step. I have precleared five other disks on my array with no difficulty before the OS upgrade. Is there a workaround?

As usual, I want to say thanks for the help and direction.

preclear error.pdf

I recently upgraded to 6.4.1- rc1- GCC7.3.0.  All my plugins transferred over successfully except for the preclear plugin that disappeared. I tried reinstalling the Preclear plugin a number of times only to receive notification that the plugin was "Not Supported". Preclear does not show in Installed Plugins. It is visible under Tools but does not work. The preclear icon is visible in Unassigned Devices but does not initialize. Is this a bug that will get worked out or maybe I could not be doing something correctly. I checked I followed Spaceinvader One videos step by step. I have precleared three other disks on the array with no difficulty before the OS upgrade.

As usual, I want to say thanks for the help and direction.

preclear error.pdf

Hey [mention=10290]Squid[/mention] - do you know if the preclear plugin developer is active? I was trying to find posts of theirs, seems like it's been a while. 

Just curious if you know one way or the other. Thanks.
His last post was in November, but I do see him logged in on average about once per week

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

People will still want a stress test built into unraid besides the parity check and smart. They want to test the disk BEFORE array inclusion, not after, but still want to do it all from the unraid GUI.

How hard would it be to add a badblocks routine to UD?

Another alternative would be to possibly ask @jbartlett to include an option for thorough testing in his diskspeed script, since feature creep is already a thing there as well.

• Upvote 2
7 hours ago, trurl said:

The one thing I think is missing is some way to make users aware of the need to configure Notifications. Then if they do have a disk problem they will be aware of it.

Would you just need to turn on Array status notification: to get notifications if a drive is showing signs of failing?

5 hours ago, jonathanm said:

How hard would it be to add a badblocks routine to UD?

Another alternative would be to possibly ask @jbartlett to include an option for thorough testing in his diskspeed script, since feature creep is already a thing there as well.

It's on the far off To-Do list along with a heat map of each platter.

• Upvote 1