Jump to content
limetech

unRAID OS version 6.5.0 Stable Release Available

282 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

upgraded an hp workstation and proliant from RC5 with no issues observed. many thanks.

Share this post


Link to post

Updated server without issue, with the exception of the following:

 

Mar 14 12:36:54 server root: error: /webGui/include/ProcessStatus.php: wrong csrf_token

 

Which doesn't seem to have affected anything.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, -Daedalus said:

Updated server without issue, with the exception of the following:

 

Normal behavior. You rebooted your server and left the browser open.

 

Share this post


Link to post

I submitted a feature request via the web gui (for multiple cache pools, surprise surprise) and this is what it showed after I submitted it. Nothing major, but just thought I'd share!

 

5aa91e6514414_ScreenShot2018-03-14at9_04_03AM.png.d3189ca9780feec44c9ecbe38964ff91.png

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, s.Oliver said:

Updated from 6.4.1 and it seems to good at first sight – besides: Docker seems to have seen a change in how access to USB devices is granted.

 

got a docker running which accesses a usb-card reader and after the update to v6.5 it spits out access denied errors like "ERROR: Opening device /dev/bus/usb/003/003 (errno=13 Permission denied)".

 

tried already to give "Privileged" rights to the docker = no change. tried to change from "/dev/ttyUSB0" to "/dev/bus/usb/003/003" but same access denied errors.

 

need help here. please. thx.

 

This is likely a docker permission issue, not a unRAID issue.

Share this post


Link to post

After upgrading to 6.5, manually copying files from my cache (ssd) to the array is lightning fast now. I don't know what you did LT but I like it.:)

Edited by TUMS

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, bonienl said:

 

This is likely a docker permission issue, not a unRAID issue.

 

Well... It's either a kernel change or docker change. Permissions on the device is not honored inside the container. It's changed to root:root whatever the host permission is. 

 

I was thinking to downgrade the docker version, but didn't find out how it is installed on Slackware, so gave up. But didn't use much time on it. 

Share this post


Link to post

I noticed that the mover no longer shows a "mover: started" and "mover: finished". Which means if your like me, I run mover before upgrading in case there is an issue I dont want stuff just sitting on the cache drivers, your stuck twiddling your thumbs if the mover is still running when looking at the log..  can you add those lines back?

 

upgraded to 6.5.0 from 6.4.1 without any problems.

Edited by zoggy

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, itimpi said:

There have been reports of some people only being able to load in one of the standard/GUI modes for some reason.    If you are not using GUI mode then try that.   Also, have you tried Safe Mode in case you have an incompatible plugin trying to load?

 

Sorry, failed to mention that I had tried both GUI mode and Safe Mode with the same results (stuck at loading /bzroot) ...however, I just downloaded 6.5.0 again and rebooted.  Still no luck at all with the default mode or Safe mode.  This time it did boot into GUI mode, so, I am up and running on 6.5.0 on main server. 

 

Diagnostics are attached.  This is the first release that has ever failed to boot on my server in normal mode; fortunately GUI mode worked on the second try.

 

 

medianas-diagnostics-20180314-0323.zip

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, Hoopster said:

This time it did boot into GUI mode, so, I am up and running on 6.5.0 on main server

Intermittent problem throughout 6.4/6.5  AFAIK no solution has ever been found.  Just edit syslinux.cfg and move the menu default line so that it'll always boot to GUI mode.

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Squid said:

Intermittent problem throughout 6.4/6.5  AFAIK no solution has ever been found.

 

Well, in my case at least, something changed in 6.5.0 stable that was not present in any prior release.  I never ran the 6.5.0 RCs on this server, just on my backup server.  Perhaps I would have seen the issue earlier on this server in the RCs.  6.4.1 and all prior releases presented no such problems. 

 

8 minutes ago, Squid said:

Just edit syslinux.cfg and move the menu default line so that it'll always boot to GUI mode.

 

Yep, already did this since it is the only mode in which the server will boot.  I have now successfully rebooted three times in GUI mode, but, its still a no go for the other modes. 

 

I read in another thread that this was resolved (with a 6.3.5 release) for another user by clearing CMOS and manually selecting "normal" mode from the menu after setting GUI mode as the default.  Perhaps I will give that a try.

Share this post


Link to post

Is it recommended to change the NTP server to point at Google now for existing installs (noticed it's not default for new installs)? If so, why? More reliable than the ntp pool?

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, NNate said:

Is it recommended to change the NTP server to point at Google now for existing installs (noticed it's not default for new installs)

Its a licencing thing.  No difference to the user.

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, s.Oliver said:

Updated from 6.4.1 and it seems to good at first sight – besides: Docker seems to have seen a change in how access to USB devices is granted.

 

got a docker running which accesses a usb-card reader and after the update to v6.5 it spits out access denied errors like "ERROR: Opening device /dev/bus/usb/003/003 (errno=13 Permission denied)".

 

tried already to give "Privileged" rights to the docker = no change. tried to change from "/dev/ttyUSB0" to "/dev/bus/usb/003/003" but same access denied errors.

 

need help here. please. thx.

 

Same issue here...

ERROR: Opening device /dev/ttyUSB0 (errno=13 Permission denied)

 

when I ls -la inside the /dev/ folder the permissions is following

crw--w----  1 root tty       4,   9 Mar 14 19:56 tty9
crw-rw----  1 root dialout   4,  64 Mar 14 19:56 ttyS0
crw-rw----  1 root dialout 188,   0 Mar 14 19:56 ttyUSB0
crw-------  1 root root      3,   0 Mar 14 19:56 ttyp0
crw-------  1 root root      3,   1 Mar 14 19:56 ttyp1

 

maybe something wrong here?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, eikum said:

 

Same issue here...

ERROR: Opening device /dev/ttyUSB0 (errno=13 Permission denied)

 

when I ls -la inside the /dev/ folder the permissions is following

crw--w----  1 root tty       4,   9 Mar 14 19:56 tty9
crw-rw----  1 root dialout   4,  64 Mar 14 19:56 ttyS0
crw-rw----  1 root dialout 188,   0 Mar 14 19:56 ttyUSB0
crw-------  1 root root      3,   0 Mar 14 19:56 ttyp0
crw-------  1 root root      3,   1 Mar 14 19:56 ttyp1

 

maybe something wrong here?

 

 

 

see here:

 

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, zoggy said:

I noticed that the mover no longer shows a "mover: started" and "mover: finished". Which means if your like me, I run mover before upgrading in case there is an issue I dont want stuff just sitting on the cache drivers, your stuck twiddling your thumbs if the mover is still running when looking at the log..  can you add those lines back?

 

upgraded to 6.5.0 from 6.4.1 without any problems.

I second this request.

 

I too like to run the Mover, stop Dockers, and stop Array prior to updating to reduce the risk of failure.

Share this post


Link to post

Is anyone else having problems downloading this?

 

I'm getting <3kb/s and 60% packet loss to s3.amazonaws.com

Share this post


Link to post

Having problems downloading as well.  Also having trouble updating dockers

Edited by Cessquill
forgot to quote post I was replying to

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Cessquill said:

Having problems downloading as well.  Also having trouble updating dockers

Seems to be OK now - think Amazon was having a blip.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.