linuxserver.io

[Support] Linuxserver.io - Unifi-Controller

679 posts in this topic Last Reply

I hate to ask, but I've had a devil of a time getting this container to work.  I can never get the webgui to load (UniFi Controller is starting up... sometimes, other times won't connect).  Can anyone provide any guidance?

Trying to accomplish:

-Clean install (no previous config info/folders/etc)

-Running the container on a separate vlan/subnet (eg br0.XX with own net stack/ip).  IP address has access to WAN so I don't think it's the container downloading from the 'net that's the issue.

>Also tried 'all' the net options, host, bridge, no joy with any of these either

-Tried various versions (eg unifi-control:LTS, 5.9, 5.10.24-ls21, etc)

Tried the competing unifi controller container, which does work, but the latest 6 controller doesn't support wifi vlans yet (that I can tell) and that's a cornerstone of my network, so I need LTS or something else that still includes vlan support.

Still no joy.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT

Found it.  Turns out unifi-controller, for whatever reason, really, really doesn't like docker running from remote storage (I have docker.img and /appdata stashed on another server via NFS).  My guess is probably mongoDB doesn't like the NFS bottleneck?  Although I've had zoneminder (you would think plenty DB heavy) running over NFS like this for ages with no issues, dunno.

Edited by ThreeFN

On 3/7/2019 at 3:51 PM, sreknob said:

Big thanks as usual to the team!

For those having adoption issues, I vaguely remember having issues before about that.

In case you don't already have custom IP in controller settings, you might want to make sure that you have set the IP under settings.

I had a issue where the controller was trying to set-inform with my private docker IP (172.17..1.X) instead.

See screenshot below, checking "Override inform host with controller hostname/IP" and entering the IP of your server above that.

image.thumb.png.00cd202d1cfe106ab60271aa68e4bdd3.png

Huuuuge thanks to you for writing this, I ran across this while trying to figure out why my Unifi devices were stuck in some adoption loop since my last update of this docker. These settings were set to default so they never were able to start provisioning properly.

Thanks again!

Glad it helped [mention]oskarom [/mention]
I’ve been stuck in many an adoption loop before - even outside of docker networking! Adopting a USG into an existing infrastructure can be a real pain... but always worth it in the end :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, ThreeFN said:

I hate to ask, but I've had a devil of a time getting this container to work.  I can never get the webgui to load (UniFi Controller is starting up... sometimes, other times won't connect).  Can anyone provide any guidance?

Trying to accomplish:

-Clean install (no previous config info/folders/etc)

-Running the container on a separate vlan/subnet (eg br0.XX with own net stack/ip).  IP address has access to WAN so I don't think it's the container downloading from the 'net that's the issue.

>Also tried 'all' the net options, host, bridge, no joy with any of these either

-Tried various versions (eg unifi-control:LTS, 5.9, 5.10.24-ls21, etc)

Tried the competing unifi controller container, which does work, but the latest 6 controller doesn't support wifi vlans yet (that I can tell) and that's a cornerstone of my network, so I need LTS or something else that still includes vlan support.

Still no joy.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT

Found it.  Turns out unifi-controller, for whatever reason, really, really doesn't like docker running from remote storage (I have docker.img and /appdata stashed on another server via NFS).  My guess is probably mongoDB doesn't like the NFS bottleneck?  Although I've had zoneminder (you would think plenty DB heavy) running over NFS like this for ages with no issues, dunno.

We don't reccomend using any remote filesystems for the appdata folder. They should be on local filesystem.