[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

2 hours ago, Avenga said:

Hi ich777, is there a changelog of the update from TS3 docker ?

This was just the yearly update of packages (base image and package updates).

Nothing else changed.

You can see the source here: https://github.com/ich777/docker-teamspeak

My containers are basically self maintaining and they barely get updates because of that but I push at least once a year a security update.

For full transparency the base image that the container uses is here: https://github.com/ich777/docker-debian-baseimage

BTW, this is the wrong support thread, please always use the correct support thread by clicking the container Icon on the Docker page and clicking Support:

grafik.png.691459b2d3d9f93960a0d7fbfcd0b5b4.png

• Like 1
13 hours ago, redQs said:

Hi ich777,  are there plans to make an soulmask img? 
Thanks a lot for all the othere great server!

I came looking for one too, saw the update about not making anymore. Now I need to delve into how he makes them so I can see how hard it is to do myself. I tried searching through the dockerhub, someone made one based on ich777's they claim, but it won't start (so obvis I'm doing something wrong)

2 hours ago, eXoenix said:

I came looking for one too

16 hours ago, redQs said:

soulmask

On 6/10/2024 at 4:14 PM, sucr4m said:

hey i was wondering, any chance you could add "Soulmask" to your gameserver collection?

On 6/4/2024 at 6:55 AM, Vinicius Rios said:

I would like to thank you first. Would it be possible to release the game Soulmask? recently released survival game

Fine... :D
If someone is willing to donate the game I create a container. ;)

• Thanks 4
14 hours ago, ich777 said:

Dude, you are awesome. I spent like 6 hours last night trying to figure it out. I finally got something running, but have no idea where the files got stuffed...so I couldn't edit anything. I log on this afternoon and there it is...

You are awesome, sending a little something.

• Like 1

I'm new to Unraid and relatively new to Dockers, but not new to hosting gameservers using VMs. I was ambitious and got several game server dockers from the App store, including Icarus, Soulmask, and Rust. I spun them up with networking and pinged them across the wire, ports configured in UDM-Pro, started the containers... I'm hearing there's an issue with running multiple steamcmd docker containers but there is a setting that I need to configure to make this run correctly, is that right? Current symptom with Rust is that it seems to keep resetting after inflating files, and although I do not see the container restart, the runtime never goes past 7 or 8 seconds.

2 hours ago, sirrand said:

I spun them up with networking and pinged them across the wire, ports configured in UDM-Pro

You can‘t ping them most of the times since they wont respond to a ping or port checker because these are not web servers and usually don‘t have their own IP address.

I'm hearing there's an issue with running multiple steamcmd docker containers

Where did you hear that, you can run all of my containers at once if you really want to, of course if you configure them correctly in terms of ports so that they don‘t overlap.

Current symptom with Rust is that it seems to keep resetting after inflating files

Can you explain that a bit more in detail please? On what hardware are you running the containers? Did you change anything in the template? Did you use your Steam Credentials in the template (don‘t do that!)? Did you yet change any setting files for the container? What paths have you set up in the template? Do you have container logs or any log?

On 6/10/2024 at 1:46 AM, ich777 said:

Maybe but unfortunately I don't accept any more requests for Docker container because I have about 180 applications in the CA App.

Sorry...

Ahh I see I wonder if I can make one is there any pointers you can suggest?

On 6/13/2024 at 12:11 AM, ich777 said:

Appreciate you! I was also trying to use your template to create a Soulmask container also but couldn't figure it out... I'm slowly beginning to understand how to create them but glad you made this so i can learn from it too! Thanks again! 

On 6/6/2024 at 5:00 AM, ich777 said:

@tito07 & @Wadzwigidy the container should now work again, please update the container itself and try to start it with BepInEx enabled.

Please note that the first container start after the update a bit longer (about 2 Minutes) at the message "---Start Server---" but the following restarts should work normal.

You don't have to set any environment variables or anything, the container does everything on it's own.

AWESOME!! Thank you!! Please, Have a cup of coffee on me good sir!

• Like 1

Hello!

I have a problem with KillingFloor 2.

Says in log "ERROR! Failed to install app '232130' (No subscription)"

What can I do?

This is the LOG:

---Prepare Server---
---Start Server---
---Ensuring UID: 99 matches user---
usermod: no changes
---Ensuring GID: 100 matches user---
usermod: no changes
---Setting umask to 000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Taking ownership of data...---
---Starting...---
---Update SteamCMD---
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
Logging directory: '/serverdata/Steam/logs'
[  0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation - version 1718305764
-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API...OK
Logging in user '???' to Steam Public...OK
Waiting for client config...OK
Waiting for user info...OK
---Update Server---
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
Logging directory: '/serverdata/Steam/logs'
Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation - version 1718305764
Loading Steam API...OK
ERROR! Failed to install app '232130' (No subscription)

Template:

docker run
  -d
  --name='KillingFloor2'
  --net='bridge'
  -e TZ="Europe/Berlin"
  -e HOST_OS="Unraid"
  -e HOST_HOSTNAME="Tower"
  -e HOST_CONTAINERNAME="KillingFloor2"
  -e 'GAME_ID'='232130'
  -e 'GAME_PARAMS'='kf-bioticslab'
  -e 'VALIDATE'='VALIDATE'
  -e 'USERNAME'='???'
  -e 'PASSWRD'='???'
  -e 'UID'='99'
  -e 'GID'='100'
  -l net.unraid.docker.managed=dockerman
  -l net.unraid.docker.icon='https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ich777/docker-templates/master/ich777/images/killingfloor2.png'
  -p '8888:7777/udp'
  -p '27016:27015/udp'
  -p '8083:8080/tcp'
  -p '20560:20560/udp'
  -v '/mnt/user/appdata/steamcmd':'/serverdata/steamcmd':'rw'
  -v '/mnt/cache_doc/appdata/killingfloor2':'/serverdata/serverfiles':'rw'
  --restart=unless-stopped 'ich777/steamcmd:killingfloor2'
da8cb987d55dae0917672de49ff9589231cf116eb6f10997ee0afd5350d01771

The command finished successfully!

8 minutes ago, gevsan said:

The answer is simple, please don‘t fill in Steam credentials.

Steam credentials are only required if they are not hidden away at the Show more settings… section and marked with the red asterisk!

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, ich777 said:

The answer is simple, please don‘t fill in Steam credentials.

Steam credentials are only required if they are not hidden away at the Show more settings… section and marked with the red asterisk!

Thanks! :D

8 hours ago, AceBurn90 said:

How or where can I set a map rotation for CS2?

This is a game specific question and has nothing to do with the container itself.

However if you search something like: "cs2 dedicated server set up map rotation" you will find how to do it eg: here or here

• Like 1

@sirrand did you solve your issue with Soulmask already? It is most likely the case that you where using /mnt/cache/... in the template where your appdata share was maybe configured to be moved off of the cache to the array and that causes usually such a behavior.

BTW, did you figured out the issue from last week with RUST on your machine too?

So there was and is going to be updates soon which will support Xbox for Palworld via the Steam server (https://tech.palworldgame.com/getting-started/for-xbox-dedicated-server)

I was trying to get this updated as currently its in testing and am stuck when i try and run 

/serverdata/steamcmd/steamcmd.sh +login anonymous +app_update 2394010 -beta insiderprogram validate +quit

I get the following 

Redirecting stderr to '/root/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
Logging directory: '/root/Steam/logs'
UpdateUI: skip show logoSteam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation - version 1718751852
Loading Steam API...OK

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...OK
ERROR! Failed to install app '2394010' (Missing file permissions)

Some redit posts have found that the server needs to be re-installed fully using the beta branch but as this docker does it all automatically on boot (Thanks btw :) ) how would one go about getting this sorted? or how can one bypass this error above?

Edited by brent3000
added link
19 minutes ago, brent3000 said:

I was trying to get this updated as currently its in testing and am stuck when i try and run 

Did you do that manually, if yes please don't do that since you could basically destroy your installation by doing it manually.

The container can do that for you (also mentioned in the template) :
grafik.png.9bcc95a2aa0490189cf3e055eacc60f4.png

then you have to set validation to true (you have click on "Show more settings..." to get to that variable) :

grafik.png.64f80aab05fc59a161be4b4f7bf5377a.png

After the container restarts the command will be executed. I would also recommend that you unset validation after the update was successful.

24 minutes ago, brent3000 said:

Some redit posts have found that the server needs to be re-installed fully using the beta branch but as this docker does it all automatically on boot

No you don't have to do that, if you set validation and the parameter in GAME_ID from above it will validate the files for the beta branch and therefore delete the unnecessary files and install the necessary files.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
47 minutes ago, ich777 said:

The container can do that for you (also mentioned in the template) :

Its funny me playing around I came across the script the docker runs (https://github.com/ich777/docker-steamcmd-server/blob/master/scripts/start-server.sh) and noticed that the GAMEID seems to be the spot where that command would fit in when the docker runs, some testing it seems to be loading now just working on some config changes.

I wish I read all the orange font not just the first portion where the '.' is :) silly me. Would have saved me needing to dig into the code for it :D 

Handy to know on the validate section also will remove that as it seems to be online for now.

51 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Did you do that manually, if yes please don't do that since you could basically destroy your installation by doing it manually.

I did have to do some resets and full reinstalls of the docker which lead me to the fact that is not the way it should be done :) Tried to over diagnose it but got there in the end. 

Also appreciate the reply, I shall read all the text next time for these dockers :) I at least read the notes where the config and default passwords are all located, so there is that bonus :) 

• Like 1

Hello ich777,

I'm using your awesome Valheim docker. It is possible my problem is not related to your docker, but currently I'm facing back up issues.
Specifically whenever I stop & start my array or when your Valheim docker has an update and I update it through the Unraid WebUI. How does the automatic back up work, really? I changed the back up settings to 45 minute interval and allowed for 64 back ups total. Unfortunately the docker (as well as the internal valheim autobackup) only sporadically creates back ups.

Me and my friends meet up weekly on Tuesday to play, but all the .tar archives are never from the date when we actually played. The last Tuesdays were 28.05, 04.06, 11.06 and 18.06, but all my back up archives are dated to all other days BUT these Tuesdays. Why does this happen? Typically this wouldn't be too big a problem, but in our case it is, because I had to restart my array yesterday which stopped all dockers. When restarting the valheim docker, the world was replaced with an empty one and my last back up was dated on 17.06, just right before we started playing, losing all of our progress. How can this be? There should've been back ups from 18.06, 19.06 and 20.06 atleast. Hopefully you can make some sense of this, thank you

Edit: Looking at the dates more closely, I found a pattern: back ups work fine from Saturday through Monday but at Tuesday the back ups suddenly stop, only to start again at Saturday, effectively always missing our Tuesday dates.

Edited by Fortesque
13 hours ago, Fortesque said:

When restarting the valheim docker, the world was replaced with an empty one and my last back up was dated on 17.06, just right before we started playing, losing all of our progress. How can this be?

Please go to you Shares tab and post a screenshot from your appdata share settings and also post a screenshot from the valheim docker template.