[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

On 9/11/2023 at 4:37 PM, SlyFox said:

Well I upgraded to 6.12.4, deleted the container and removed the folder. Fired it back up and after a long download process it does seem to do something similar and just crashes before the sever progress actually starts up. I wish there was more in the log for me to track it down but i'm not sure what is doing this? 

It doesn't have anything to do with the Steam API warning line does it?

"Loading Steam API...dlmopen steamservice.so failed: steamservice.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

Regarding the Privileged Permissions it's been removed; I was just pulling levers and agreed that Privileged permission would not be on typically but for debugging I was throwing everything at it. 

For CPU, i'm running: 

Intel® Xeon® CPU E5-2697 v2 @ 2.70GHz 24 Core (2 sockets but only 24C sent to this VM)

Running on a VRTX Blade Server (1 of 2) and then VMWare virtualized to UNRAID. Not running any VM's within UNRAID due to the virtualization. No GPU on this server chassis. 

I could also show my VMWare VM settings for UNRAID if anything would help allow more compatibilty?

I have all RAM Reserved for the VM (50GB)

Do you think it has something to do with the compatibilty of the CPU? I've had other (sparatic) Dockers not work properly/install but ~80% work fine. 

Having the same problem with Icarus. Yesterday everthing was working fine but since today it stops everytime. We change nothing. I have removed everything in appdata and the steam folder went to CA and grabbed a fresh template but with the same result. The log of the docker is the same as @SlyFox

Edited by Pepreal
5 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Was maybe the dedicated server updated through SteamCMD?

I'll just update my container real quick and let you know how my container is doing.

Just tried it on a different Unraid server which is on a different location with a clean Icarus docker but it does exactly the same.

Edited by Pepreal
7 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Just working fine here:

grafik.thumb.png.4913d3b12e7559ed73ec7744e263c2d7.png

What CPU/type of system are you using? Does you system support AVX?

CPU is AMD R5 5600G and yes it supports AVX. We played yesterday with no problems. When start to play we start the docker and when we are done we are stopping the docker thats it. Both server doing the same thing.

Schermafbeelding 2023-09-25 223430.png

Edited by Pepreal
Just now, Pepreal said:

CPU is AMD R5 5600G and yes it supports AVX. We played yesterday with no problems. When start to play we start the docker and when we are done we are stopping the docker thats it. And it both server doing the same thing.

Since when have you set up this container?

Have you maybe restarted the container when it still was doing stuff for the second time? The container can take a really long time (about 3-5 minutes on my i5-10600 after the initial download finished).

I assume you have enough free RAM correct?

It seems like that WINE can't start the game which most of the time happens when it is not set up correctly.

Please do the following:

1. Stop the container
  2. Go into the directory for Icarus (usually in your appdata)
  3. Remove the directory "WINE64" and the file "runtimes"
  4. Start the container again and wait <- this could as said take some time and the log probably won't move

Hope that will make it work.

12 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Since when have you set up this container?

Have you maybe restarted the container when it still was doing stuff for the second time? The container can take a really long time (about 3-5 minutes on my i5-10600 after the initial download finished).

I assume you have enough free RAM correct?

It seems like that WINE can't start the game which most of the time happens when it is not set up correctly.

Please do the following:

1. Stop the container
  2. Go into the directory for Icarus (usually in your appdata)
  3. Remove the directory "WINE64" and the file "runtimes"
  4. Start the container again and wait <- this could as said take some time and the log probably won't move

Hope that will make it work.

When the docker did not work i removed everything, the Icarus folder in the appdata folder, the steamcmd folder and the docker image, went to the appstore downloaded the latest Icarus template, started the docker waited for long time and when it was finished it started to restart constantly. and my screenshot from above is al what its doing. So this is a clean docker, appdata folder and steamcmd folder. Sorry English is not my main language.

Edited by Pepreal
4 minutes ago, Pepreal said:

When the docker did not work i removed everything, the Icarus folder in the appdata folder, the steamcmd folder and the docker image, went to the appstore downloaded the latest Icarus template, started the docker waited for long time and when it was finished it started to restart constantly. and my screenshot from above is al what its doing. So this is a clean docker, appdata folder and steamcmd folder. Sorry English is not my main language.

Do you maybe have another Intel based system? I remember an issue with another container with an AMD system where I was forced to use WINE for starting the game but I really can't remember.

Have you yet tried what I recommended above?

As said, I can just start the container over here fine and it also runs perfectly fine.

44 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Do you maybe have another Intel based system? I remember an issue with another container with an AMD system where I was forced to use WINE for starting the game but I really can't remember.

Have you yet tried what I recommended above?

As said, I can just start the container over here fine and it also runs perfectly fine.

I do not have a Intel based system. both server that i can test/use are AMD based

Yes i have tried what you described.

Stop the container

Go into the directory for Icarus (usually in your appdata)

Remove the directory "WINE64" and the file "runtimes"

Start the container again and wait <- this could as said take some time and the log probably won't move

but its still not working

why would for weeks the docker work fine and since today not anymore. The docker image it self hasn't got a update for a month and we have not changed anything to the server itself.

Schermafbeelding 2023-09-25 234254.png

36 minutes ago, Pepreal said:

I do not have a Intel based system. both server that i can test/use are AMD based

Yes i have tried what you described.

Stop the container

Go into the directory for Icarus (usually in your appdata)

Remove the directory "WINE64" and the file "runtimes"

Start the container again and wait <- this could as said take some time and the log probably won't move

but its still not working

why would for weeks the docker work fine and since today not anymore. The docker image it self hasn't got a update for a month and we have not changed anything to the server itself.

Schermafbeelding 2023-09-25 234254.png

Oke found the problem. We had Icarus and steamcmd folder on a different folder called appdata_gaming (ssd). Now i let it install to appdata folder itself and it seems to start normally again. Its weird because we starten like this with appdata_gaming with no problems until today.

On 9/20/2023 at 4:36 PM, ich777 said:

A bit more information please, what ports have you changed or what did you do exactly?

Do you have by any chance a screenshot from your Docker template?

I think you are talking about that correct:

grafik.thumb.png.3a04ce131c0f408c0dcd0171356d3f97.png

Yes that's that is correct the console. ok so none work in chrome i just get white page, but 2 of them work fine in edge. the one not working always takes me to x.x.x.x:8080 despit setting the port to 9020.

image.thumb.png.2dd9ce0b2b640cd3dd9efa8c047a0a7c.png

I will try and make new container when i get chance see if that solves it.

Cheers

5 hours ago, turnipisum said:

the one not working always takes me to x.x.x.x:8080 despit setting the port to 9020.

This is because you've fiddled with the Port itself, the port inside the container always have to be 8080 and you changed that to 9011 which can not work:

grafik.thumb.png.a37532b019553a4332e7f85629d794dd.png

If you want it back to get it in a working state then simply delete your port entry, create a new port entry with the container port set to 8080 and the host port set to 9020, after that you will be able to connect to the console through YOURSERVERIP:9020

6 hours ago, Pepreal said:

We had Icarus and steamcmd folder on a different folder called appdata_gaming (ssd).

That should not be the issue at all but TBH I really don't know if this even can cause this because the SteamCMD directory is independent from the Game Data folder.

So is it then working again?

Please also double check your port mappings and if you use for example /mnt/cache/... that the following folder stays on the cache and is not moved off of the cache disk.

12 hours ago, ich777 said:

That should not be the issue at all but TBH I really don't know if this even can cause this because the SteamCMD directory is independent from the Game Data folder.

So is it then working again?

Please also double check your port mappings and if you use for example /mnt/cache/... that the following folder stays on the cache and is not moved off of the cache disk.

Yes for now its working but the folder is not on the cache, its a separate SSD so its something like /mnt/gaming/... I have now installed it on the cache. That works.

Edited by Pepreal
8 minutes ago, hefty-denunciation2920 said:

Would it be possible to update assetocorsa to AssettoServer? 

I don't fully understand.

This is a dedicated Docker container and if you want to install that one on your server feel free to do that.

My template in the CA App is based on my Docker container for AssettoCorsa.

So to speak it's up to you to set it up on your server if you want to use that image.

I usually don't create templates for containers that are out of my control.

@FailX & @Mainfrezzer the container will be available in the next few hours in the CA App.

Please note that this container needs a Steam account provided with SteamGuard completely disabled!

It is recommended that you create dedicated Steam account for your dedicated servers with the games in it and SteamGuard completely disabled!

DON'T DISABLE STEAM GUARD ON YOUR PRIMARY ACCOUNT!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Spoiler

712409799_Screenshot2023-09-30192903.png.19ea0565856122aa16c9d8f967b3a471.png

Hello, I don't understand where to enter the protection code to unlock the Unraid system like on a PC. This message comes from the protocoll. Do I have to enter the code in the Docker terminal in Protocoll or in the general terminal of unraid, or does the code have to be specified in a variable? 

Gruß Patrick

PS. Danke für die schnelle Umsetzung, ich hoffe das ich noch heute einen Server ans laufen bekomme 😃

26 minutes ago, Mayo_248 said:

I don't understand where to enter the protection code to unlock the Unraid system like on a PC. This message comes from the protocoll.

This is not possible, please read the description from the container again:

It is recommended that you create dedicated Steam account for your dedicated servers with the games in it and SteamGuard completely disabled!

Simply create a secondary Steam account for your game servers, disable SteamGuard entirely (and make sure that you’ve click on play CS2 once so that this account has the game in its library) and use this account for your game servers.

USERNAME and PASSWORD in the Docker template.

• Thanks 1

Hey im trying to Start a Sons of Forest Server.

But everytime i get the message that my UDP gameport 8766 is closed. I´ve opened a the port in my UDM Pro Firewall like all the other ports needed. butonly on this port im getting the error.
does anyone know how to solve this?

image.thumb.png.23ce35039dda3666d50fbf11ab4654f9.png

image.thumb.png.827cd3a27cbe2ddc08e2685f1b5d1473.png

image.png.d6b3306799367754c2819c31899bf795.png

All ports are not only UDP or TCP they are opend for both.

Edited by stFfn