[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

Just now, drx said:

No, the game doesn't release until tomorrow, but I noticed someone was already asking if someone was going to build one and I though I might try to spin one up on release. 

You can try it on your own, I've already said if someone is willing to donate the game to me I can look into it

1 minute ago, drx said:

From your github, it looks like a game server files are downloaded from steam based on the "Game_ID" that is entered in the docker template. Does a tagless PR not work in this case?

This is way more involved, you have to make sure that all the start parameters are correct, configs (maybe) have to be in place.

Look at my GitHub repo and all the different branches in there, each game server needs it's own special treatment to work correctly, some are more involved then others.

You can of course try to make one, maybe it's easy, but you have to make sure that the game server is even starting, that it saves the game and that the connection is working properly.

Do they even release the dedicated server for Linux or only Windows?

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Do they even release the dedicated server for Linux or only Windows?

Per their faq :

"We will provide the tools to create these servers yourself at launch."

Release is tomorrow. So I will look at it then. I understand what you are saying though about making sure the parameters are correct. Ill comeback if I hit any roadblocks.

I appreciate all that you do though! I have used you craftopia, valheim, v-rising, and corekeeper servers in the past and never had any issues!

• Like 1

Enshrouded will be released on January 24. This game will have a dedicated server that can be downloaded through steamcmd with the ID 2278520. Enshrouded's official documentation includes information about the server settings. I hope this is helpful for preparing a Docker server for this game.

https://enshrouded.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/16051370691485-Dedicated-Server-Installation-on-Steam
https://enshrouded.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/16055441447709-Dedicated-Server-Configuration

Thank you for your works. I hope this information is helpful.

• Like 1

Hi toghether,

I have a problem with SonsOfTheForest. I can not start the server, because the check if the ports are forwarded fails.

Can someone confirm this problem or test it?

I get the server running, if i set the host on the router as exposed, but for security reasons i dont want that permanently.

4 minutes ago, Lordsteggu said:

I am unsure of where to post this, or who to ask, but can we get a Palworld Dedicated server docker?

As said a few times already, I don't own the game, if someone is willing to donate it to me I can look into it.

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, CXSORIOUS said:

Palworld  Pls.

Already done but it always takes one to two hours to show up in the CA App. ;)

EDIT: Please note that after you've first set up the server it can take up to 5 minutes to appear in the server list because of the massive amounts of servers created currently (of course you need to properly forward the game port in your router) :

grafik.png.93f2299c7d9f23e6efd5aeb83300d58a.png

• Thanks 4
4 minutes ago, Drewbzz said:

Cheers Mate just downloaded it .

Please keep in mind that currently you have to wait around 5 minutes so that you find the server in the server list... :/

This is crazy what's going on there, almost like it was back when Valheim was released...

Also don't forget if you edit the config to first stop the container, otherwise the dedicated server will overwrite your settings with the old ones if you simply restart the container.

• Like 3
12 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Please keep in mind that currently you have to wait around 5 minutes so that you find the server in the server list... :/

This is crazy what's going on there, almost like it was back when Valheim was released...

Also don't forget if you edit the config to first stop the container, otherwise the dedicated server will overwrite your settings with the old ones if you simply restart the container.

You are a legend, just booting one up now.

Thanks 

• Like 1

docker is up and password is configured.

when trying to connect ingame i get "No password has been entered":

image.thumb.png.ebb613c4dcb7f27d257465a20ffca377.png
i dont see an option to put in a password ingame ? am i missing something ? ^^

EDIT: 

found in the FAQ if we connect directly, password is not supported.
so i guess we must wait till it populated in the community server list:
image.thumb.png.2bc1e378eda118e395db0f5819c67cba.png

Edited by Wotan
12 minutes ago, Wotan said:

EDIT: 

Hi,

just a question, when spinning mine up I am getting some errors that I haven't seen before.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Screenshot 2024-01-19 141413.png

On 1/19/2024 at 3:14 PM, Lordsteggu said:

just a question, when spinning mine up I am getting some errors that I haven't seen before.

Nothing to worry about.

Please also update you Unraid version. Seems like you are using an outdated version.

3 minutes ago, bbtoff said:

I have the same issue

Can you please tell me what issue? 🤣

The container is working fine in it‘s base configuration as long as you‘ve properly forwarded the port in your router and waited for the server to show up in the server list. As said above that can take a few minutes.

The warning/errors that you see in the log are nothing to worry about and won‘t prevent the server from running properly.

32 minutes ago, Wotan said:

EDIT: 

Hey, where do you set the password? Also, from this and your edit, that's completely broken right now right?

1 minute ago, wes.crockett said:

Hey, where do you set the password? Also, from this and your edit, that's completely broken right now right?

In the config (please read the description where to find it).

What is broken? You have to wait until your server is listed in the server browser, currently you can‘t direct connect to a server that is password connected, but that should be fixed soon.

You can also remove the password by leaving it empty, then it‘s possible to direct connect.

32 minutes ago, ich777 said:

In the config (please read the description where to find it).

What is broken? You have to wait until your server is listed in the server browser, currently you can‘t direct connect to a server that is password connected, but that should be fixed soon.

You can also remove the password by leaving it empty, then it‘s possible to direct connect.

I'm big dumb dumb. I missed it on my first look at the config file.

As a side note, it looks like players who are using xbox live to play the game aren't able to join dedicated servers (like, there is no place to even see the dedicated servers.) Also, no cross play between xbox/xbox live and Steam. Really unfortunate limitation.

1 minute ago, wes.crockett said:

As a side note, it looks like players who are using xbox live to play the game aren't able to join dedicated servers (like, there is no place to even see the dedicated servers.) Also, no cross play between xbox/xbox live and Steam. Really unfortunate limitation.

You know that they announced that and that is even mentioned in their Steam Community hub.