[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

On 2/14/2024 at 1:45 AM, ich777 said:

Please look at this post:

EDIT: You mean you deleted the old port entry and created a new one correct?

Yes I removed the old entry and created a new one. I should just need forwarding rules in my router for 192.168.0.150:8211 and 192.168.0.150:25575 right? With my server being on 192.168.0.150 I just stop the container and update the ip value in PalWorldSettings.ini. (Going with the default port since I'm not setting something correctly and I can't even access the server once its up.)

Edited by andrew444
On 2/14/2024 at 7:46 AM, ich777 said:

Not possible with my container, it was never designed to be accessible directly, you can either connect to it through RCON (maybe with my plugin) or directly through the game itself.

Thank you for your reply! For my needs and the needs of my team, I'll probably need to look at a different solution - make sense though that you keep it simple!

Thanks for all the work you put into these (and answering questions all day) - your dockers are the quickest way to get something up and running.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, andrew444 said:

Not for this, RCON commands are unencrypted and unsafe, don't expose the RCON port to the Internet.

1 hour ago, andrew444 said:

I just stop the container and update the ip value in PalWorldSettings.ini

The container can check your public IP on each startup automatically, please read the variables in the Docker template.

52 minutes ago, CaphalorAlb said:

Thank you for your reply! For my needs and the needs of my team, I'll probably need to look at a different solution - make sense though that you keep it simple!

You can set up AMP in a LXC container (I have a container for that if interested) and set up AMP in there.

If interested send me a PM.

Hello! I have had a Palworld server running for the past couple of weeks using ich777's SteamCMD container. Today it began repeatedly crashing on startup. I noticed someone else had this exact issue a couple of weeks ago but said their server had some bad memory modules that they replaced. I don't think that's the issue in my case.

The crash dump from Diagnostics.txt is below.

I have tried the basic troubleshooting of rebooting the container (many times) and rebooting the server machine itself. 

Interestingly enough, I deleted the game save folder and started with a fresh save. It worked totally fine. Put back the old save and it crashed again. This leads me to believe it's a Palworld issue, but from all of my searching it seems to be limited to Linux users.

Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Generating report for minidump

Application version 5.1.1.0
 ... built from changelist 0

OS version Linux 6.1.64-Unraid (network name: beed1d7bd968)
Running 6 x86_64 processors (12 logical cores)
Exception was "SIGSEGV: invalid attempt to write memory at address 0x0000000000000003"

<SOURCE START>
<SOURCE END>

<CALLSTACK START>
PalServer-Linux-Test!UPalDynamicItemWorldSubsystem::Create_ServerInternal(FPalDynamicItemId const&, FName, FPalItemCreateParameter const&) [G:/works/repos/Pal_SVN/Pal-UE-App/Source/Pal/PalDynamicItemWorldSubsystem.cpp:138]
PalServer-Linux-Test!UPalDynamicItemWorldSubsystem::ApplyWorldSaveData(UPalWorldSaveGame const*) [G:/works/repos/Pal_SVN/Pal-UE-App/Source/Pal/PalDynamicItemWorldSubsystem.cpp:286]
PalServer-Linux-Test!non-virtual thunk to UPalDynamicItemWorldSubsystem::ApplyWorldSaveData(UPalWorldSaveGame const*) [G:/works/repos/Pal_SVN/Pal-UE-App/Source/Pal/PalDynamicItemWorldSubsystem.cpp:0]
PalServer-Linux-Test!UPalSaveGameManager::ApplyWorldSaveData(UPalWorldSaveGame const*, TArray<UPalGameSystemInitProcessHandle*, TSizedDefaultAllocator<32> >&) [G:/works/repos/Pal_SVN/Pal-UE-App/Source/Pal/PalSaveGameManager.cpp:1625]
PalServer-Linux-Test!UPalGameSystemInitSequence_ApplyWorldSaveData::ProcessImpl() [G:/works/repos/Pal_SVN/Pal-UE-App/Source/Pal/PalGameSystemInitSequences.cpp:216]
PalServer-Linux-Test!UPalGameSystemInitManagerComponent::StartNextSequence() [G:/works/repos/Pal_SVN/Pal-UE-App/Source/Pal/PalGameSystemInitManagerComponent.cpp:101]
PalServer-Linux-Test!UPalGameSystemInitManagerComponent::StartNextSequence() [G:/works/repos/Pal_SVN/Pal-UE-App/Source/Pal/PalGameSystemInitManagerComponent.cpp:115]
PalServer-Linux-Test!UPalGameSystemInitManagerComponent::StartNextSequence() [G:/works/repos/Pal_SVN/Pal-UE-App/Source/Pal/PalGameSystemInitManagerComponent.cpp:115]
PalServer-Linux-Test!UPalGameSystemInitManagerComponent::OnChangeProcessState(UPalGameSystemInitProcessHandle*) [G:/works/repos/Pal_SVN/Pal-UE-App/Source/Pal/PalGameSystemInitManagerComponent.cpp:167]
PalServer-Linux-Test!TBaseUObjectMethodDelegateInstance<false, UPalGameSystemInitManagerComponent, void (UPalGameSystemInitProcessHandle*), FDefaultDelegateUserPolicy>::ExecuteIfSafe(UPalGameSystemInitProcessHandle*) const [D:/works/repos/Pal_SVN/Pal-UE-EngineBinary/Engine/Source/Runtime/Core/Public/Delegates/DelegateInstancesImpl.h:616]
PalServer-Linux-Test!UPalWorldSubsystem::OnWorldBeginPlay(UWorld&) [G:/works/repos/Pal_SVN/Pal-UE-App/Source/Pal/PalWorldSubsystem.cpp:57]
PalServer-Linux-Test!UWorld::BeginPlay() [C:/works/Pal-UE-EngineSource/Engine/Source/./Runtime/Engine/Private/World.cpp:4875]
PalServer-Linux-Test!UEngine::LoadMap(FWorldContext&, FURL, UPendingNetGame*, FString&) [C:/works/Pal-UE-EngineSource/Engine/Source/./Runtime/Engine/Private/UnrealEngine.cpp:14880]
PalServer-Linux-Test!UEngine::Browse(FWorldContext&, FURL, FString&) [C:/works/Pal-UE-EngineSource/Engine/Source/./Runtime/Engine/Private/UnrealEngine.cpp:14037]
PalServer-Linux-Test!UGameInstance::StartGameInstance() [C:/works/Pal-UE-EngineSource/Engine/Source/./Runtime/Engine/Private/GameInstance.cpp:634]
PalServer-Linux-Test!FEngineLoop::Init() [C:/works/Pal-UE-EngineSource/Engine/Source/./Runtime/Launch/Private/LaunchEngineLoop.cpp:4372]
PalServer-Linux-Test!GuardedMain(char16_t const*) [C:/works/Pal-UE-EngineSource/Engine/Source/./Runtime/Launch/Private/Launch.cpp:180]
PalServer-Linux-Test!CommonUnixMain(int, char**, int (*)(char16_t const*), void (*)()) [C:/works/Pal-UE-EngineSource/Engine/Source/Runtime/Unix/UnixCommonStartup/Private/UnixCommonStartup.cpp:269]
libc.so.6!UnknownFunction(0x271c9)
libc.so.6!__libc_start_main(+0x84)
PalServer-Linux-Test!_start()

<CALLSTACK END>

0 loaded modules

Report end!

Diagnostics.txt

1 hour ago, RPeters3607 said:

This leads me to believe it's a Palworld issue, but from all of my searching it seems to be limited to Linux users.

Delete the container, delete everything in the palworld directory except for the „Pal“ folder and pull a fresh copy from the CA App.

If that doesn't help then it is maybe a faulty savegame.

On what hardware do you run the container (CPU, RAM)?

57 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Delete the container, delete everything in the palworld directory except for the „Pal“ folder and pull a fresh copy from the CA App.

If that doesn't help then it is maybe a faulty savegame.

On what hardware do you run the container (CPU, RAM)?

Thank you for the quick reply!! I just tried deleting the container and directory contents as you suggested but unfortunately the error persists. 

I am running on a i5-12400. Server has 64GB of RAM. I've attached the latest log file as well. I would not be surprised if it turns out to be a corrupt save....

Pal-CRC-backup-2024.02.17-06.23.51.log Diagnostics.txt

5 minutes ago, RPeters3607 said:

I am running on a i5-12400. Server has 64GB of RAM.

Are you sure that the server didn't crash at least once while it was in the process of saving the game.

My container consumes now almost 40GB of RAM with 9 to 10 concurrent players on it (just asking because of a maybe OOM error).

With a new save the container is working properly I assume correct?

I would strongly recommend that you enable the Backup function so that you have at least backups of your saves so that you can try which one was working and which one was faulty.

8 minutes ago, RPeters3607 said:

I would not be surprised if it turns out to be a corrupt save....

At least it seems to me that this indicates a corrupt savegame since the last user who reported this was saying that with a new savegame the container is working as it should.

39 minutes ago, ich777 said:

With a new save the container is working properly I assume correct?

Yep, new save works perfectly.

40 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I would strongly recommend that you enable the Backup function so that you have at least backups of your saves so that you can try which one was working and which one was faulty.

I didn't realize I never enabled backups... so i have none. 😔 Lesson learned

• Like 1

Does anyone have any insight on enshrouded server performance? The game becomes unplayable once 4 people join the server. 3 is okay with some lag here and there but 4 completely breaks it and often see an error relating to "pending packets is full....". Is this a limitation of the current server implementation from the game itself? or are there any config changes that I can make to improve performance?

Hello, I have a bit of an odd question and not sure if there is anyway around it. I haven't even really gotten to test anything yet as I am waiting for a RAM upgrade (currently only have 8GB). So, this is my first time really messing with any kind of server or unraid os. I have an Ad Guard home setup as a DHCP server (my router is an isp router that won't let me add a DNS server).  Would I still be able to host an Ark Ascended server from this same machine? I ask because with me having the actual server on the DHCP server, I have no way of adding the port forwarding at least that I am aware of. Does anyone know if this is a problem or is it possible to run this way? I can't really test to see if it works until I get more RAM anyways, but still wanted to add a post just to see if anyone had anything to add to maybe help out a newbie lol.

5 hours ago, BoogieMan36 said:

I have no way of adding the port forwarding at least that I am aware of.

You can host a server but only for your LAN since if you can‘t forward the ports in your router, nobody will be able to join from outside your network.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, BoogieMan36 said:

I guess I will end up having to choose between running the server or having Ad Guard.

I don't understand what you are saying here, you can run AdGuard and the server at the same time, your question was about the port forwarding or am I wrong?

8 hours ago, BoogieMan36 said:

I ask because with me having the actual server on the DHCP server, I have no way of adding the port forwarding at least that I am aware of.

1 hour ago, BoogieMan36 said:

having to choose between running the server or having Ad Guard

DHCP server and port forwarding have nothing to do with each other, so you can do both and maybe look in the router for port forwardings again.

Edited by Kilrah
  • Like 1
12 hours ago, Kilrah said:

DHCP server and port forwarding have nothing to do with each other, so you can do both and maybe look in the router for port forwardings again.

13 hours ago, ich777 said:

I don't understand what you are saying here, you can run AdGuard and the server at the same time, your question was about the port forwarding or am I wrong?

For the way I have my setup I would have to choose between running the ark server or using ad guard as a DHCP server. Reason being, I have my Ad Guard and the Ark server on the same device. My router doesn't allow me to configure the DNS server it is set as a default to their DNS server and can't be modified to be the Ad Guard IP address. So, I was using the Ad Guard as a DHCP server. The problem ends up being, while having the DHCP server setup the IP address is associated through Ad Guard. I guess technically I should still be able to though since it would still be assigned to the same Gateway, right? I haven't really gotten to test it yet. When I get my next check I plan to get some more memory to actually see if it is possible. Forgive me I am new to all this currently studying A+ and working on a bachelor's degree in cyber security and information assurance. The router I have doesn't really provide the best configuration details. I have an AT&T router.

13 hours ago, BoogieMan36 said:

The problem ends up being, while having the DHCP server setup the IP address is associated through Ad Guard.

That's still not a problem, port forward is unrelated. All it does is take packets received on port X and forward them to a given IP and port. How DHCP, DNS etc are set up is entirely irrelevant as long as you can give those 2 values.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Kilrah said:

That's still not a problem, port forward is unrelated. All it does is take packets received on port X and forward them to a given IP and port. How DHCP, DNS etc are set up is entirely irrelevant as long as you can give those 2 values.

Okay, and the ports for the server. I can make the container ports a different number right? Other than the fixed container ports which are I'm assuming internal to the docker. But the one that can be changes is external. And I would specify the external port number say IP x.x.x.x:7679 but the fixed port being 7777 for container.

28 minutes ago, Spectral Force said:

You can set up a port fwd in you router to point 7679 to 7777. If you want to change the default port on a game server you need to delete it and re add it in the template. You can not just change the number.

I more so am looking for what port to put in the router for the port forwarding. Like you have the container port number that cannot be changed unless you delete the port in the docker settings. Then there is another port that will let me change it with out deleting it. The second port would be my port I point the port fowarding to. I'm not able to log on to the unraid server ATM as I'm at work. I'd give more details if I had access to the server. Lol, I apologize for all the questions.

12 minutes ago, BoogieMan36 said:

I apologize for all the questions.

My question would be, why would you even like to change the port to something different? <- You know that this is the hard way of doing it.

I don't understand your issues here completely I think because your port forwarding situation seems pretty complex, do they need to be so complex?

28 minutes ago, BoogieMan36 said:

I more so am looking for what port to put in the router for the port forwarding. Like you have the container port number that cannot be changed unless you delete the port in the docker settings. Then there is another port that will let me change it with out deleting it. The second port would be my port I point the port fowarding to. I'm not able to log on to the unraid server ATM as I'm at work. I'd give more details if I had access to the server. Lol, I apologize for all the questions.

as far as remote access you can get the mycoonnect plugin & have access througb the unraid site.