[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

1 hour ago, Dezaraman said:

any chance you'd make any of these 

You should really check the CA App first:

grafik.png.75ce0c412b45d30d86ac78774ed484cd.png

grafik.png.6600a30ab2f549fe053f39e2909f8e80.png

(but keep in mind that the developers from this game dropped support for the Linux dedicated server so I don't know how long it will be working)

I've also had container for these games but someone reported them as broken so I removed them because I don't own the games at the time or better speaking I didn't play them:

I don't own these games:

(the last game from what I can tell is not on Steam anymore.

For this game it is impossible to create a dedicated server on Linux because it simply won't work and was designed without Linux in mind:

I would recommend that you contact for this game:

@Goobaroo because it would be also be possible to create a server with my container that is already available in the CA App but he maintains a lot of Minecraft containers and I even think he has a container for All the Mods in the CA App.

1 hour ago, AlaskaBvR said:

Ark Survival Ascended

From a quick research they aren't available yet correct?

Will they be ever released? I only read about Nitrado and some other hosting providers that they have exclusive dedicated server but nothing about private servers.

Is this a separate game?

If yes, I would of course need the game to test (I don't create games anymore that I don't own because giving support for such games is a real pain).

But in general it should be possible but that depends if a native Linux dedicated server is released or not.

4 minutes ago, ich777 said:

From a quick research they aren't available yet correct?

Will they be ever released?

No they aren't available yet nor do I know if they will become available. I hope they will since they did it with Ark Survival Evolved.

13 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Is this a separate game?

Yes. It is meant to be the upgraded Ark on a new engine (Unreal Engine 5) to help fund the release of Ark 2.

• Like 1
18 hours ago, ich777 said:

Which App ID did you download?

This is a terrible idea and I won’t do that, because of the rate limit and you even get locked out from Steam for a few hours if the 2FA code is wrong too often.

Again, this container is not ready yet, nor is it listed in my supported games on the first site and again, the download (even with Steam credentials doesn‘t work for the Linux App ID).

If you download the Windows App ID it is working fine which is also strange because you have to force the download for Windows but for some rease this is not the case for this game.

Someone else already reported that in the community site on Steam and I also made a post about that: https://steamcommunity.com/app/2285150/discussions/0/6824700612951916967/

ahh good to know.
App ID 2334200

It looks like it just stalls on asking for 2FA but it gave the reason of too many logins from this IP for rate limiting so it was my fault trying quickly to automate the 2FA. I was just about to manually try to download it with steamcmd so I would have found that sadness of the 2 steamclient.so files taking the 70MB~ still.

Thanks for trying 💕 and I guess we'll have to wait and see for steamcmd to work.

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, rapid-peacemaker7245 said:

Ich I am having an issue getting my sever to run experimental. I keep getting a game mismatch. I changed the ID but it still gives me a game mismatched. This is for satisfactory.

A bit more information would be really helpful, what GAME_ID are you using for the Docker and what did you do on the client side?

On 10/15/2023 at 7:18 PM, ich777 said:

For this game it is impossible to create a dedicated server on Linux because it simply won't work and was designed without Linux in mind:

On 10/15/2023 at 6:00 PM, Dezaraman said:

i got this thing to work on my Server its a PITA but i gues i can reconstruct my steps for that. 

there is a docker on Unraid but like i said its a PITA :D

1093204516_thefront.thumb.png.23e97dbdfdee1da3e5e590e9371e09e2.png

Edited by domrockt
39 minutes ago, domrockt said:

PITA

Is it running reliably and doesn’t eat up a lot of resources?

I don‘t think so and I don’t recommend making such posts because now you will get requests to create such a container because you got it running. 😉

I won‘t create such a container because who knows when the developers break things again next time, it was working a few years back reliably but now it is messed up as hell.

Anyways that‘s just my oppinion.

• Haha 1

Hi ich, I'm running into an issue installing 7d2d dedicated server.

It doesn't wait when prompted for the 2FA code, it just assumes it failed (and at one time I ran into rate limit issues). I also removed the authenticator, but then I get an e-mail with a code from Steam. In console it mentions this:

This computer has not been authenticated for your account using Steam Guard.
Please check your email for the message from Steam, and enter the Steam Guard
 code from that message.
You can also enter this code at any time using 'set_steam_guard_code'
 at the console.
Steam Guard code:FAILED (Account Logon Denied)

But again it does not seem to wait, and the second try just hangs the server. I tried adding set_steam_guard_code with the code to the env variables, but no joy there either.

What am I doing wrong?

4 minutes ago, SuHwak said:

Hi ich, I'm running into an issue installing 7d2d dedicated server.

It doesn't wait when prompted for the 2FA code, it just assumes it failed (and at one time I ran into rate limit issues). I also removed the authenticator, but then I get an e-mail with a code from Steam. In console it mentions this:

This computer has not been authenticated for your account using Steam Guard.
Please check your email for the message from Steam, and enter the Steam Guard
 code from that message.
You can also enter this code at any time using 'set_steam_guard_code'
 at the console.
Steam Guard code:FAILED (Account Logon Denied)

But again it does not seem to wait, and the second try just hangs the server. I tried adding set_steam_guard_code with the code to the env variables, but no joy there either.

What am I doing wrong?

7DTD can be installed using anonymous. Only client requires credentials.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, SuHwak said:

It doesn't wait when prompted for the 2FA code

As @Spectral Force already mentioned it can and should be installed anonymous.

So to speak, don‘t put your Steam credentials in the template, they are hidden in the Show more… section and are only needed when they are marked as required with the red asterisk in my templates.

Please remove the container, also remove the folder that was created in your appdata for 7dtd and then reinstall it (without your Steam credentials) from the CA App.

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

As @Spectral Force already mentioned it can and should be installed anonymous.

So to speak, don‘t put your Steam credentials in the template, they are hidden in the Show more… section and are only needed when they are marked as required with the red asterisk in my templates.

Please remove the container, also remove the folder that was created in your appdata for 7dtd and then reinstall it (without your Steam credentials) from the CA App.

Done, and its working now! Thank you and @Spectral Force!

Any idea why EAC is timing out if I connect directly via LAN, but I when I connect through GFN there is no issue? (GFN is my default anyway, but just curious).

Thank you so much for providing so many great Dockers.  Is there any chance you will be creating one for "The Front"?  They currently have both Windows and Linux versions of the dedicated server on Steam, but I can't find a docker version anywhere. 

At this time all the settings are added to the command line when you execute the server, so no ini or dll files to change, and even the ip address is included in the startup command.  The game is a bit flaky right now, but the devs are very active and patching several times a week, and it seems to have some potential for those who like 7dtd, Rust, or Ark.  

Thanks!

20 minutes ago, dkersten said:

Thank you so much for providing so many great Dockers.  Is there any chance you will be creating one for "The Front"?  They currently have both Windows and Linux versions of the dedicated server on Steam, but I can't find a docker version anywhere. 

At this time all the settings are added to the command line when you execute the server, so no ini or dll files to change, and even the ip address is included in the startup command.  The game is a bit flaky right now, but the devs are very active and patching several times a week, and it seems to have some potential for those who like 7dtd, Rust, or Ark.  

Thanks!

This depends on if the devs fixed the issue of downloading the server files on linux or not.

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, Wondyr said:

A docker for "The Front" would have been awesome  Thank you for all the amazing dockers, I appreciate your work!

Next time please search for The Front here in the thread because there are multiple requests for that container but the developers have to fix their anonymous download for Linux (on Linux through SteamCMD) first, because when you download it through SteamCMD it only pulls a few MB of libraries and nothing more.

This is all what it pulls down:
grafik.png.27cb0185b90e8c6db48fb9b04429ea9f.png

Lol, now I get it, they marked the sub depot from App ID 2334201 as Windows and not as Linux *facepalm*

• Haha 1