[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

Installed you Docker container for Palword server and it appears to be having issues loading. Appreciate any assistance!

Session terminated, killing shell... ...killed.
setrlimit() failed with error 22 (Invalid argument)
- Max per-process value allowed is 0 (we wanted infinity).
sh: 1: xdg-user-dir: not found
dlopen failed trying to load:
steamclient.so
with error:
steamclient.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[S_API] SteamAPI_Init(): Loaded '/serverdata/.steam/sdk64/steamclient.so' OK.  (First tried local 'steamclient.so')
CAppInfoCacheReadFromDiskThread took 1 milliseconds to initialize
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 2394010
[S_API FAIL] Tried to access Steam interface SteamUser021 before SteamAPI_Init succeeded.
[S_API FAIL] Tried to access Steam interface SteamFriends017 before SteamAPI_Init succeeded.
[S_API FAIL] Tried to access Steam interface STEAMAPPS_INTERFACE_VERSION008 before SteamAPI_Init succeeded.
[S_API FAIL] Tried to access Steam interface SteamNetworkingUtils004 before SteamAPI_Init succeeded.
FUnixPlatformMisc::RequestExitWithStatus
FUnixPlatformMisc::RequestExit
Shutdown handler: initalize.
Increasing per-process limit of core file size to infinity.
dlmopen steamservice.so failed: steamservice.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Exiting abnormally (error code: 143)
Shutdown handler: cleanup.
---Ensuring UID: 99 matches user---
usermod: no changes
---Ensuring GID: 100 matches user---
---Setting umask to 000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Taking ownership of data...---
---Starting...---
---Update SteamCMD---
tid(21) burning pthread_key_t == 0 so we never use it
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
Logging directory: '/serverdata/Steam/logs'
[  0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
[  0%] Downloading update...
[----] Download complete.
[----] Extracting package...
[----] Installing update...
[----] Cleaning up...
[----] Update complete, launching Steamcmd...
tid(33) burning pthread_key_t == 0 so we never use it
Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation - version 1705108307
-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API...dlmopen steamservice.so failed: steamservice.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
OK

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...OK
Waiting for client config...OK
Waiting for user info...OK
---Update Server---
tid(56) burning pthread_key_t == 0 so we never use it
Loading Steam API...dlmopen steamservice.so failed: steamservice.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Edited by jdobbin137
1 hour ago, TheBelighted said:

I got people outside my network to connect to my server finally. I just uninstalled everything and reinstalled it again. Not sure what happened the first time that caused it to not work. Now I'm struggling getting my domain to link. Using piblicIP:8211 works but using mydomain.com:8211 is not even though cloudflare dns is showing my public ip listed for my domain matching. 

Edit: Dns record in cloudflare shows my public ip address but typing my domain into a dns lookup gives me a cloudflare associated ip address instead of my public ip. Is that normal? Sounds like it's being a proxy? 

toggle the cloudflare proxy to off

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, jdobbin137 said:

Installed you Docker container for Palword server and it appears to be having issues loading. Appreciate any assistance!

I don't see any issue.

The warnings errors in the log are totally normal and won't prevent the server from running (this was answered multiple times on the last 10 pages).

I see in your log also that you already restarted it once but it was running fine on the first start and as long as the container doesn't restart constantly everything is fine.

18 hours ago, Tonborghini said:

it shows that it is set as private

This is normal and nothing to worry about since the multiplayer for dedicated servers is purely IP based and not like it is in single player what you are referring to.

18 hours ago, Tonborghini said:

Maybe there's something in the param section I could change or in the config files?

I've just tried it and I can connect from both inside my network, so to speak LAN and from outside my network so to speak WAN <- I did test the WAN side by connecting my mobile phone to my computer.

Maybe double check the port forwarding and make sure that the UDP ports 15000, 15777 and 7777 are forwarded.

The Palworld container used to work just fine, but the past couple of days, I started getting connection timeouts. My ports and config are all correct and forwarded correctly (because it *was* working). I had to set the container network_mode to "host" to fix it. This seems odd, I can connect to all my other containers with exposed ports using the default network mode just fine.

40 minutes ago, FrozenInferno said:

My ports and config are all correct and forwarded correctly (because it *was* working). I had to set the container network_mode to "host" to fix it. This seems odd, I can connect to all my other containers with exposed ports using the default network mode just fine.

This seems more like a network issue and not a container issue to be honest.

I really can't tell what's going on there, my server is running since day one (with a few restarts) and it is still working fine.

Hi, thanks a lot for your work on all those docker server. 

I might be dumb but I don,t get what I'm doing wrong here, any help would be appreciated, I tried checking if any other had the same issue couldn't quickly find it. If a thread is already there for that could you point it out and I will read it. 

thanks for anyone time.
image.thumb.png.93a5209a9454c2aada70d1fd5d1dba55.png

39 minutes ago, 22_csper said:

I might be dumb but I don,t get what I'm doing wrong here, any help would be appreciated, I tried checking if any other had the same issue couldn't quickly find it. If a thread is already there for that could you point it out and I will read it. 

Why did you added Steam credentials? They are only needed if they are not hidden away under the "Show more settings..." and marked with a asterisk.

Please start over by, deleting the container, deleting the folder that was created for the container for palworld and pull a fresh copy from the CA App (without providing Steam credentials in the template).

• Like 1
2 hours ago, ich777 said:

Maybe double check the port forwarding and make sure that the UDP ports 15000, 15777 and 7777 are forwarded.

Well, that was my issue. After looking at my port forwards a thousand times making sure I had them right I finally caught what I had done wrong. I had forwarded 1577, not 15777. Can't believe I missed that tiny little screw up when it should've been the most obvious. Thanks Ich, I appreciate you.

• Like 1

Palworld:

I can connect using local machine to my unraid server with LAN IP. For some reason I see my opnsense blocking incoming connections targeting my local server :8211.

But the source ports are all over the place, 20,000's, to 50,000's and I won't open such a huge range in my opnsense port forward. It's like the game sends the random UDP traffic over the random ports but not actually using 8211 like it should.

Edited by Unoid
8 minutes ago, Unoid said:

For some reason I see my opnsense blocking incoming connections targeting my local server :8211.

No issue over here with OPNsense.

8 minutes ago, Unoid said:

But the source ports are all over the place, 20,000's, to 50,000's and I won't open such a huge range in my opnsense port forward.

You only have to forward the one UDP port in the template, nothing more is needed and as said above is working fine here on OPNsense.

Are you sure that these ports are not outbount?

I think there is something missconfigured ober there.

I'm also having the same issue with Palworld, I can connect locally.  I had several game server dockers (all currently disabled) 

Using Unifi UDM SE router. opened up the port 8211 forward that though as UDP, source set up "any", no different that I have setup with my other game servers, just not luck, cannot connect from the outside.

I'm currently doing a work around where my friends would VPN to my UDM SE then they can connect to it no problem.

Edited by emub
On 1/13/2024 at 7:01 PM, ich777 said:

My V-Rising server is running just fine.

Could you maybe share a bit more details on your setup?

Did you change something in the template?

Was BepInEx updated so that it supports the latest version from the game already?

You can also download a recent version from BepInEx manually, enable it in the template, stop the container, extract the files from the manually downloaded archive to the main server directory and try to start the container again.

If it starts BepInEx is compatible, if not then BepInEx needs to be updated.

If the server is not showing up on the server list you have to enable list on EOS in your configuration.

EDIT: This was the post that solved it for the user not showing up in the server list:

I'm also having the issue of my V Rising server looping if BepInEx is set to true. I tried manually placing the files in the directory, but that didn't work. I can launch V Rising with BepInEx installed on my gaming PC, so I don't think it's an issue with BepInEx needing an update, but I'm not sure.

Fresh Valheim container, seems to be just going around in a loop?

I have used other containers by yourself- one i think which wanted credentials... could this now be breaking this container? 

OK

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...OK
Waiting for client config...OK
Waiting for user info...OK
Success! App '896660' already up to date.
---Prepare Server---
---Server ready---
---Starting Backup daemon---
---Update check deprecated!---
---Start Server---
---Starting...---
---Update SteamCMD---
tid(21) burning pthread_key_t == 0 so we never use it
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/serverfiles/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
Logging directory: '/serverdata/serverfiles/Steam/logs'
[  0%] Checking for available updates...
OK
22 minutes ago, Pascual said:

I'm also having the issue of my V Rising server looping if BepInEx is set to true.

This is a known issue, please don‘t use BepInEx it seems to be outdated from where I pull it.

Stop the container, download BepInEx, extract it to the server directoryamd finally start the container again with BepInEx enabled.

If that also doesn‘t work then I can‘t help.

4 minutes ago, ich777 said:

And what is the issue? Any message in game?

It just times out when people try to connect, either via direct IP or from the in-game server browser. "Connection timed out."  I have tried it over 2 Different ISP's as well, both 1Gb fibre.

Edited by emub
10 minutes ago, widz said:

Fresh Valheim container, seems to be just going around in a loop?

Is this the full log output?

11 minutes ago, widz said:

I have used other containers by yourself- one i think which wanted credentials... could this now be breaking this container? 

No, you don‘t need your Steam credentials! They are only needed when the are not hidden away in the „Show more options…“ and marked wirth the red asterisk.

This usually means that the game is segfaulting.

On what hardware do you try to run the container?

Please also disable validation, this will do nothing in your case.

Are you sure that the directory mappings are correct? If you are using /mnt/cache/appdata/… make sure that the appdata share stays on the cache and is not moved to the Array.

16 minutes ago, emub said:

image.png.7c2a4f0aa71b96571c480af38f58b728.png
interesting, not too sure why Palworld container is ???

Not really because I don‘t expose ports so you don‘t see a exposed port if you are using a bridge that‘s just normal and a display thing and won‘t affect how the container is working.

If you are using static IPs then all ports from the container are exposed and you don‘t need to do a port forward. 😉

However I can only tell you that it is working with the default bridge and default br0 both fine and for another user with host mode also fine.

I assume something is preventing the connection from outside.

Unifi gear is nutritious for being a bit restrictive, at least from my experience with other users that use Unifi gear.

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

No issue over here with OPNsense.

You only have to forward the one UDP port in the template, nothing more is needed and as said above is working fine here on OPNsense.

Are you sure that these ports are not outbount?

I think there is something missconfigured ober there.

I have 8211 (set as default in docker config, port forwarded correctly like i have other working services. docker allocation shows it listening on it as well. 

when I or anyone else tries to connect, it gets a network timeout. opnsense was only showing a PASS for outbound traffic via 8211 UDP. if I checked the info firewall logs it would show packets for IN from a known host(a friend, or me on wifi hotspot) and the packet is BLOCKED with IP:random port like 20304 > server dest 8211.

I agree, probably networking issue but I've done everything right. 

15 minutes ago, Unoid said:

I have 8211 (set as default in docker config, port forwarded correctly like i have other working services. docker allocation shows it listening on it as well. 

Just to be sure, you've set it up like that:

grafik.thumb.png.918c7b7a3c8fccff868faf8e808f0fef.png

As said, I only can tell you that is working fine over here... Maybe something is missconfigured, I really can't tell...

Please also double check the protocol, it's UDP only.

I just ran a fresh install of the Palworld docker. I left everything in the template as default other than changing Bridge to Host. Docker is put into sleep mode after starting. 

cp: cannot stat '/serverdata/serverfiles/linux64/*': No such file or directory
---Starting...---
SteamCMD not found!
steamcmd.sh
linux32/steamcmd
linux32/steamerrorreporter
linux32/libstdc++.so.6
linux32/crashhandler.so
---Update SteamCMD---
ILocalize::AddFile() failed to load file "public/steambootstrapper_english.txt".
[  0%] Checking for available update...
KeyValues Error: LoadFromBuffer: missing {   (current key: '<h2>404') in file manifest [offset: 15]

Bad expression token: lBad expression token: oBad expression token: l../tier1/KeyValues.cpp (2925) : Assertion Failed: Error while parsing text KeyValues for resource manifest
[  0%] Downloading Update...
KeyValues Error: LoadFromBuffer: missing {   (current key: '<h2>404') in file manifest [offset: 15]

Bad expression token: lBad expression token: oBad expression token: l../tier1/KeyValues.cpp (2925) : Assertion Failed: Error while parsing text KeyValues for resource manifest
[----] !!! Fatal Error: Steamcmd needs to be online to update.   Please confirm your network connection and try again.
threadtools.cpp (3294) : Assertion Failed: Illegal termination of worker thread 'Thread(0x0x569cb3f0/0x0x2a5ffb'
---Update Server---
ILocalize::AddFile() failed to load file "public/steambootstrapper_english.txt".

[  0%] Downloading Update...

[----] !!! Fatal Error: Steamcmd needs to be online to update.   Please confirm your network connection and try again.
threadtools.cpp (3294) : Assertion Failed: Illegal termination of worker thread 'Thread(0x0x569c23f0/0x0x2a5ffb'
---Checking if configuration is in place---
---Configuration not found, downloading...---
---Checking if PublicIP is in place---
---No PublicIP found in PalWorldSettings.ini, trying to obtain it...---
---Sucessfully obtained PublicIP: xx.xxx.xx.xxx, adding to PalWorldSettings.ini
---Prepare Server---
---Server ready---
---Start Server---
---Something went wrong, can't find the executable, putting container into sleep mode!---