[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

Hi friends....I decided to go ahead and install a the 7daystodie server app in unraid. It installs fine and the logs look fine.....I am able to connect to it with the dashboard however when i try to connect to it via the game with the IP I get 7daystodie "server unexpected data received server is either running an incompatible version or server requires a mod" I have wiped the container and started over with no luck. I know 7DTD is releasing 1.0 in a few days and I wanted to get it up before then so I can start over with a new build. Is there a way to force the container to update to the latest server build? If I run the container with the gamid that it defaults to does it pulI the latest experimental build for the server? threw together a win10 machine on an older dell and am able to get it all working fine. I was just trying to use unraid to stop from running another machine. 

On 7/15/2024 at 1:38 AM, ich777 said:

For an existing installation stop the container, remove the "WINE" directory and the "runtimes" file (if you don't have that file then obviously not) in the main directory for Icarus and it should work again.
I updated the WINE version a month ago which in your case prevented the container from starting.

I followed the steps laid out, and for some reason it's still failing to get the sever going (i.e. looping).

Stopped again on the following, requiring to restart the container (was stalled there for a few days):

{"log":"Downloading https://web.archive.org/web/20210414165612/https://download.visualstudio.microsoft.com/download/pr/85d47aa9-69ae-4162-8300-e6b7e4bf3cf3/52B196BBE9016488C735E7B41805B651261FFA5D7AA86EB6A1D0095BE83687B2/VC_redist.x64.exe to /serverdata/.cache/winetricks/ucrtbase2019\n","stream":"stdout","time":"2024-07-15T19:39:57.322148731Z"}

After restart, seeing the following in the container logs just prior to closing out:

{"log":"---Starting Xvfb server---\n","stream":"stdout","time":"2024-07-19T18:55:38.662983828Z"}
{"log":"---Server ready---\n","stream":"stdout","time":"2024-07-19T18:55:47.386018169Z"}
{"log":"tail: invalid PID: ‘’\n","stream":"stderr","time":"2024-07-19T18:55:49.39939117Z"}
{"log":"Terminated\n","stream":"stderr","time":"2024-07-19T18:55:49.402792515Z"}

12 minutes ago, UnInfamous said:

After restart, seeing the following in the container logs just prior to closing out:

On what Unraid version are you?

About what container are we talking about? Was this the Icarus issue?

As said I couldn‘t reproduce this on my end.

Are you on the latest container version?

17 hours ago, ich777 said:

It just uses wget in combination with:

ipv4.icanhazip.com

This is a really simple way of pulling the IPv4, when nothing is retuned then you get this error but I can‘t answer why icanhazip wouldn‘t return a IP…

This is why Its very odd, my other server had no issues but this one that call fails,

I may try re-creating the network config for this vlan just to remove that as a possible issue :/ Its really got me stumped 

Hello! I am having troubles setting up the server for ProjectZomboid. The current docker app doesn't have the "TCP- Player Ports" line like in the tutorial from unraid site. I've followed all the steps and I can't seem to be able to start it.
Things I've done: 1.install app 2.config the servertest.ini file 3.open ports 16261-16265 with both UDP and TCP 4.Restart docker app
5.Server not showing up in the list (yes, i check "psw protected servers, empty servers, different game version servers")

PS. I've managed to make valheim server run immediatelly, with no issues. This one seems a bit more complicated.

Sorry I am really noob at this, any help would be appreciated! Thank you!

47 minutes ago, gvrx said:

3.open ports 16261-16265 with both UDP and TCP 4.Restart docker app

Why?

Only the following ports are needed:

UDP 16261-16262

(I don't recommend exposing the RCON port since it should be used internally only)

49 minutes ago, gvrx said:

The current docker app doesn't have the "TCP- Player Ports" line like in the tutorial from unraid site.

Because they are not needed anymore since the server used to work differently than it is now.

50 minutes ago, gvrx said:

5.Server not showing up in the list (yes, i check "psw protected servers, empty servers, different game version servers")

Did you yet try a direct connection with your server IP?

I have a Docker of "the Front". It's running fine. But i have one Problem.
Every Day it creates a Backup Folder of my Save Folder. This function is great. But when the Folder get saved, the Subfolder "Players" disappears in the Docker. 
So we get an error on connecting the server, that our save files are not founda anymore, sounds logically.

When i copy, delete and repaste the Folder manually over smb, the folder appears back in the docker and all is fine, until the next backup gets in.

Maybe something with the permissions? I'm Software engineer, but mainly in windows and the permissions system of linux i never understood completely.

The screenshot in colours is the Unraid Server, black and white is the docker.

image.png.675aa05ed0c44fe09913b9442cb06aa4.png

image.png.c2bc5cae973c68c13c1b83d4d5cb0150.png

1 hour ago, Schelle said:

So we get an error on connecting the server, that our save files are not founda anymore, sounds logically.

To what path in the templates are the game files set?

If you use /mnt/cache/... you actually have to make sure that appdata share is set to use the Cache and not move the data to the Array (you can check that in the Share settings for your appdata share).

Every Day it creates a Backup Folder of my Save Folder. This function is great. But when the Folder get saved, the Subfolder "Players" disappears in the Docker. 

This is a function from the dedicated server itself and not from my container.

Maybe something with the permissions?

Please don't mess with the permissions because the container should do all on it's own since it even doesn't run the dedicated server as root.

My suspicion is because of the wrong set path and /mnt/cache/... please check the Share settings for you appdata folder.

• Thanks 1
41 minutes ago, ich777 said:

My suspicion is because of the wrong set path and /mnt/cache/... please check the Share settings for you appdata folder.

I feel a little bit dumb, i checked so many options, but this was not on my list to check.
i changed the path to /mnt/user/.. and it works fine

i changed the path to /mnt/user/.. and it works fine

I would rather recommend to change that setting back again and changing the share settings so that you appdata share stays actually on the cache and all your applications have quick access to the data since how you are doing it now all the data must go through the FUSE filesystem first.

Why would you have to have all your data for your containers on the rather slow Array compared to the Cache?

On 7/22/2024 at 11:10 AM, ich777 said:

Why?

Only the following ports are needed:

UDP 16261-16262

(I don't recommend exposing the RCON port since it should be used internally only)

Because they are not needed anymore since the server used to work differently than it is now.

Did you yet try a direct connection with your server IP?

Sorry for the late reply, I ran into some problems with my Unraid and was unable to further test the PZ server. I've tried everything and it still refuses to run. Let's recap a bit:
1. On the docker app I've set the fixed ip (with .69 at the end, as recommended), set the Validate installation to "true", the UDP - Game Port: 16261-16262
2. I've enabled the Port Forwarding for the two ports mentioned above (here i'm doing it right, because I've successfully PF for Valheim and Plex, and they work)
3. I've edited the .ini file by changing its extension to .txt and setting all the needed lines to "Open=true, Public=true etc." Here I don't understand the "server_browser_announced_ip=" line. Should I put my public ip found on "whatsmyip" website, or which one? I've  followed the guide and set it to my public ipv4.
4. In game: the server doesn't show up, trying to manually join by ip doesn't work either. (i've tried using all the ip's beforementioned, no results. I am totally out of solutions.

Thank you for your help and contributions to the CA, ich777 !

First I need to thanks ich777, i've used several containers and it's more than helpful. Thank you very much for your work. 

Second, I'm using V Rising docker, I've tried to look around several post about the fact the server doesnt appear in the server list. I'm a bit confused by the fact, i'm able to connect with direct IP (local one but not LAN sever) then my friends can join through Steam invite but they can't join the server directly by IP. I've seen bunch of issues quite similar, i've tester a lot of things like listonEOS, listonSteam true. But nothing works. If somebody has an idea or know the current status of this feature. 

Ports are open of course, I just want to let my friends join the server when I'm not connected. 

Have a nice day 

1 hour ago, gvrx said:

On the docker app I've set the fixed ip (with .69 at the end, as recommended)

You also can run it in the default bridge since a static IP is not needed, then it will just share the IP from the host so to speak your Unraid server.

1 hour ago, gvrx said:

I've enabled the Port Forwarding for the two ports mentioned above (here i'm doing it right, because I've successfully PF for Valheim and Plex, and they work)

Did you yet try to connect with your local IP?

1 hour ago, gvrx said:

I've edited the .ini file by changing its extension to .txt and setting all the needed lines to "Open=true, Public=true etc." Here I don't understand the "server_browser_announced_ip=" line. Should I put my public ip found on "whatsmyip" website, or which one? I've  followed the guide and set it to my public ipv4.

Your public IPv4 but if NAT reflection isn't working properly you wont be able to connect form your LAN with you public IP since that's what NAT reflection does.

Please also try to connect to your server from outside your LAN, maybe with your mobile phone Hotspot feature?

1 hour ago, gvrx said:

In game: the server doesn't show up, trying to manually join by ip doesn't work either. (i've tried using all the ip's beforementioned, no results. I am totally out of solutions.

As said above, when NAT reflection isn't working properly your public IP won't work, does it work with your LAN IP?

1 minute ago, erqz said:

Second, I'm using V Rising docker, I've tried to look around several post about the fact the server doesnt appear in the server list. I'm a bit confused by the fact, i'm able to connect with direct IP (local one but not LAN sever) then my friends can join through Steam invite but they can't join the server directly by IP. I've seen bunch of issues quite similar, i've tester a lot of things like listonEOS, listonSteam true. But nothing works. If somebody has an idea or know the current status of this feature. 

This is a very weird issue and I assume it has to do with NAT reflection in your case too but I'm not 100% sure.

But your friends can connect through recent servers correct?

Maybe try to recommend to them to remove the server from recent list and then they should go into the server list and search for the server, however it can take quite some time so that the server actually shows up in the server list from my experience and the might have to refresh the list a few times (granted that you've enabled listonEOS and listonSteam).

I'm not 100% what your issue boils down to but I rather think this a game specific issue and I really can't help there since I only give support if something with the container itself is not working which in your case is not the case because the dedicated server is running fine.

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

You also can run it in the default bridge since a static IP is not needed, then it will just share the IP from the host so to speak your Unraid server.

Did you yet try to connect with your local IP?

Your public IPv4 but if NAT reflection isn't working properly you wont be able to connect form your LAN with you public IP since that's what NAT reflection does.

Please also try to connect to your server from outside your LAN, maybe with your mobile phone Hotspot feature?

As said above, when NAT reflection isn't working properly your public IP won't work, does it work with your LAN IP?

OMG It worked. Finally! So basically I've removed the fixed IP like you've said, (using bridge) and removed the IP from the servertest.ini file, from the line "server_browser_announced_ip=" I left it blank. Now it shows up and running.

Thank you so much! Cheers!

• Like 1
4 hours ago, ich777 said:

This is a very weird issue and I assume it has to do with NAT reflection in your case too but I'm not 100% sure.

But your friends can connect through recent servers correct?

Thank you for your answer, and I'm sharing your views i'm just a bit lost and without tools in my hand with my current knowledge. I don't know how to see more information about what happen when a connection to the game is made. Only few things in log when successful nothing when it can't reach. By the way, if at least people could connect with IP adress it would help. Ports are forwarded. Other services are running when with the same template in face. 

4 hours ago, erqz said:

By the way, if at least people could connect with IP adress it would help.

That should be possible, are you sure that you are not behind a CG-NAT or your ISP doesn't block some ports <- this wouldn't be the first time that I would see such a thing reported.

Please double check your port forwarding, maybe you choose the wrong protocol or made a typo.

If the ports are properly forwarded then people should be able to connect with PUBLICIP:PORT (without clicking the LAN checkbox) to connect to your server.

On 7/19/2024 at 1:26 PM, ich777 said:

On what Unraid version are you?

About what container are we talking about? Was this the Icarus issue?

As said I couldn‘t reproduce this on my end.

Are you on the latest container version?

Unraid version: 6.12.10

Still the Icarus template.

Correct, it's on the latest you uploaded five days ago (0aeb16896c2f).

14 hours ago, ich777 said:

That should be possible, are you sure that you are not behind a CG-NAT or your ISP doesn't block some ports <- this wouldn't be the first time that I would see such a thing reported.

Please double check your port forwarding, maybe you choose the wrong protocol or made a typo.

If the ports are properly forwarded then people should be able to connect with PUBLICIP:PORT (without clicking the LAN checkbox) to connect to your server.

Yes, you right. My bad. TCP ports instead of UDP. Works like a charm. Sorry for consuming your time badly. Thank you again for your support. 

• Like 1
13 hours ago, UnInfamous said:

Still the Icarus template.

I'll set up another instance on my server and see how it goes.

Please pull the latest update from the container and try again, the initial setup (after the download finished) can take up to 13 minutes.

It should now work properly.

On 7/25/2024 at 4:35 AM, ich777 said:

I'll set up another instance on my server and see how it goes.

Please pull the latest update from the container and try again, the initial setup (after the download finished) can take up to 13 minutes.

It should now work properly.

Been watching this issue and even after pulling the latest update today, the server is still in an endless reboot cycle.