[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

2 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Please double check, that doesn't fix it for me, the actual problem is that the http api binds to the loopback interface so to speak 127.0.0.1 and not 0.0.0.0 so it will not work properly, I assume if you change the network mode to br0 or host that it will work but this is not the recommended way of doing it.

Removing multihome did not work for me either.

1 minute ago, ich777 said:

Please double check, that doesn't fix it for me, the actual problem is that the http api binds to the loopback interface so to speak 127.0.0.1 and not 0.0.0.0 so it will not work properly, I assume if you change the network mode to br0 or host that it will work but this is not the recommended way of doing it.

I re-checked and yes my container was set to Network Type: Host :(

I've got a temporary workaround courtesy of Wolveix. Unraid is weird so you need to delete any old 15000 ports. Remove multihome. Then add a new port of 7777 for TCP (7777 for UDP should be included). Change network mode from bridge to host (do this at your own risk) but that fixed the API error. Seems this is ultimately a coffee stain studio issue.

4 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Set the network as mentioned here:

Yes, i changed to Host

Command execution
docker run
  -d
  --name='Satisfactory'
  --net='host'
  -e TZ="Europe/Berlin"
  -e HOST_OS="Unraid"
  -e HOST_HOSTNAME="Tower"
  -e HOST_CONTAINERNAME="Satisfactory"
  -e 'GAME_ID'='1690800'
  -e 'UDP_PORT_7777'='7777'
  -e 'GAME_PARAMS'='-log
  -unattended'
  -e 'VALIDATE'=''
  -e 'UID'='99'
  -e 'GID'='100'
  -e 'UMASK'='0000'
  -e 'USERNAME'=''
  -e 'PASSWRD'=''
  -l net.unraid.docker.managed=dockerman
  -l net.unraid.docker.icon='https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ich777/docker-templates/master/ich777/images/satisfactory.png'
  -v '/mnt/user/appdata/steamcmd':'/serverdata/steamcmd':'rw'
  -v '/mnt/cache_doc/appdata/satisfactory':'/serverdata/serverfiles':'rw'
  --restart=unless-stopped 'ich777/steamcmd:satisfactory'
da8788fdafcd7620ca82fd393b03797819c0a7512ccd002e1a42f0e4402b79d2

The command finished successfully!

Im still getting the "Failed to connect to the Server API"

43 minutes ago, ich777 said:

So the actual workaround for now is to either set the containers Network mode to Host or br0 (if you choose br0 give it a local IP address) and remove -multihome=0.0.0.0 from the EXTRA_PARAMS

This worked for me (network mode = host). Another player succesfully connected to me as well. Thanks!

Hi,

the main Problem is the TCP 7777.

I use wireshark to trace this.

The server answer the syn with a rst.

I add a new port TCP 7777 and restart the server.

But it didn't work. And they doesn't show Container Port.

And yes, I use every dedicated server with "host" an an own ip address.

And -multihome=0.0.0.0 is removed.

edit. Client and unraid are in the same network.

Edited by AK20000

The main reason is that it won't work is because they bind the API to the 127.0.0.1 and that's why it's not working:

grafik.thumb.png.e0e5bc743ca6083763fc2005335474e7.png

TCP is now used for the API which won't work unless you set the network host.

If it still is not working when you are setting it to host then something else is going on.

You also have to remove -multihost from GAME_PARAMS to get it to work.

They have to fix that it doesn't listens on 127.0.0.1 instead it has to be 0.0.0.0 and from what I saw they already working on that but it will take them one or two days.

• Like 2

However the workaround with removing -multihome=0.0.0.0 and using Host network for the container should work fine.

Hey ich, so just to make sure, br0 should NOT work at the moment? And would require coffee stain to correct the loopback issue? Thank you.

1 minute ago, Kegath said:

Hey ich, so just to make sure, br0 should NOT work at the moment? And would require coffee stain to correct the loopback issue? Thank you.

I'm not 100% sure with br0 but it could be the case that it won't work, I just tested host network and it works fine over here.

Yes this is something that CoffeeStain needs to fix because there is no documentation on how to change the listen address for the API (TCP port) and I don't think you can actually change that.

2 minutes ago, AK20000 said:

Not on my side.

What network did you use before? Did you use more than one NIC in your system?
A few users already confirmed that it's working with the workaround to remove multihome and use the host network (I already tested this over here and I'm also able to connect to the server).

I'm not 100% sure with br0 but it could be the case that it won't work, I just tested host network and it works fine over here.

Yes this is something that CoffeeStain needs to fix because there is no documentation on how to change the listen address for the API (TCP port) and I don't think you can actually change that.

My instance works on HOST, but not on br0 (server api error)

Edited by Kegath
2 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Thanks for letting me know, so only host network and removing -multihome is the way to go for now until CoffeeStain releases a fix for that.

Not working for me either. I only have 1 nic in the system and before I was using a Custom network.

Now I have tried to delete the container and re-installed it again. Changed to Host and removed -multihome 0.0.0.0 from the Game Parameters:

image.thumb.png.8ba47572abcd6743f1a43a76069aface.png

Still not working tho :(

9 minutes ago, gevsan said:

Still not working tho :(

Maybe that's the culprit, was this custom network on a dedicated subnet?

Did you yet try to force an update from the container (enable Advanced View on the Docker page and click the blue text "force update"), maybe a rebuild from the container (which is what a force update does) is the solution to your issue.

Please also check the port forwarding since it will now use the IP from Unraid itself.