newznab + unRAID integration?

If it's being kept for personal use, I doubt the processor has much impact.  Know that the database file gets pretty big, so think you'd be better spending the money on memory/ larger HDD.

Oh Okay. How big is pretty big?

I have a cache drive that i use it as a app drive.. only using 2GB out of 120GB. Should be enough, right?

Depends how many groups you want to index and how long you want to hold the releases for.  I seem to remember in my reading last night that someone was holding 10 or so groups with 2-3 weeks retention and it was 20GB.  Seems a lot to me, but I really don't have anything to benchmark it against.  In any case, your free 118Gb is plenty.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For those that have paid, does it actually work pretty well once you get the regex's from them?

I got it to pull 1100 days of backfill overnight on one group but even the two default regex's found nothing.

I won't put it on my unRAID for simplicity. I'm running ESXI and I have a few options once I get the setup right. Currently I have it pulling headers on an Ubuntu VM on my Win 7 desktop. Other than the no releases/regex issue it seems to work pretty well. I noticed no performance impact on my computer, was able to stream HD content on my internal network using Plex and from Amazon without a hiccup.

When I mentioned the processor being a possible limitation I was thinking about if an array drive was used. When the array is used it would slow down writes plus shfs would be used. It's been shown in other threads that shfs can consume a lot of CPU on slower model processors which could take a performance hit. This is purely speculation since I have not tested that configuration.

I'm at work so I can't give general steps, but I can message them to you tonight so you can do a write up. It really is simple to set up.

The regexes work good, like I said in another thread, many of you have used newznab plus sites before and probably didn't realize it. Nzb.Su is a popular one and there are many more. A lot of them run am almost stock installation with customized skins.

I'm interested to see where this plugin progresses, as it would be a useful next step to "quarantine" my downloading habits. Cutting out a middle man always simplifies the process, and I have a garage full of hardware that i can start throwing together for projects like this.

As always, I'll put my dollar behind the guy that can get it functioning/supported.

Not sure what you mean by "complete", but you probably are not going to find anything totally comparable to NZB Matrix.  Especially with the feedback of all the comments.

Ya that's what I was talking about, also the backlog that some of the older sites had was pretty useful if you have a long retention.

Not sure what you mean by "complete", but you probably are not going to find anything totally comparable to NZB Matrix.  Especially with the feedback of all the comments.

Ya that's what I was talking about, also the backlog that some of the older sites had was pretty useful if you have a long retention.

This is where my "NZBs in Waiting" folder comes in handy. I save every large post I might possibly want, plus everything I've ever got, plus everything I've deleted. Since 2008:

eC8ta.png

And, if you want very old stuff, you can't beat nzbclub.

I'd love to hear some more experience from the unRAID community about rolling your own newznab, just because it's so comfortable over here :) I almost donated for the plus version yesterday but thought I should wait to see how difficult it is.  I think I'm going to go the VM route and install it on a lean version of Ubuntu or something.  I just may need to double my RAM and get another datastore HD...

There's actually other pretty decent sites up. They are all just hit or miss right now due to the extra load.

I did some googlefu and didn't find anything that was as "complete" as nzbmatrix or newzbin. Suggestions?

gingadaddy.com

Different look but the infrastructure is almost exactly like nzbmatrix

attempt to create a user account, and you'll see it has been shutdown

This is where my "NZBs in Waiting" folder comes in handy. I save every large post I might possibly want, plus everything I've ever got, plus everything I've deleted. Since 2008:

And, if you want very old stuff, you can't beat nzbclub.

In hindsight, this was a very good idea. Although I still haven't needed to go back and re-download anything more than once or twice.

nzbrus is back

but VIP only

and they want bitcoins now as payment :P

seems the mpaa went after the payment gates of these sites which would make it impossible for some sites to keep open if there is no money coming in :P

BitCoins  are made using, what in the Marine Corps calls PFM. (Pure F***king Magic.

You can "mine" BitCoins by prossing algorithms . So you make them out of thin air.

Kinda like the Federal Reserve.

The mining set up should produce about 200usd in Bitcoin per day.

If I had 28K I could buy a mining rig, stuffed to the brim with asic processor and retire.

Have a look. http://www.butterflylabs.com/

Any BitCoin miners in the forum? I would be fun to mess around with mining, since people seem to accept it as real money.

Its all very strange and interesting.