Skitals

[Plugin] Theme Engine - a webGui styler

62 posts in this topic Last Reply

7 hours ago, Skitals said:

What elements in particular are you having trouble styling? I might have a look into it.

What are your thoughts on including all your themes with the plugin? Or would you rather distribute them yourself via a zip url? 

The tables are a mess basically! 

It's good man! Include them with the plugin :)

10 hours ago, Raz said:

The tables are a mess basically! 

It's good man! Include them with the plugin :)

Thanks, Raz. Today's update includes all your themes. You took this plugin up to another level, and I hope it inspires more people to share their work!

Maybe I'm misunderstanding something, but if the theme engine is disabled, shouldn't the custom colors that were set by loading a theme also no longer be applied to one of the built-in dynamix themes?  I had to clear the settings in order to completely revert to a stock skin

I love the layout of the Azure Base Theme but it seems I can't use it with this plugin, can I? When ever I change a theme it reverts to Black, and if I change the base theme to Azure, everything goes grayish and looks disgusting...

Any tips?

2 minutes ago, ThaDaVos said:

I love the layout of the Azure Base Theme but it seems I can't use it with this plugin, can I? When ever I change a theme it reverts to Black, and if I change the base theme to Azure, everything goes grayish and looks disgusting...

Any tips?

Azure has a different layout and it changes css classes! You can edit the custom css file to make it works :)

Just now, Raz said:

Azure has a different layout and it changes css classes! You can edit the custom css file to make it works :)

Oh, that explains a lot... a bit stupid, normally with themes you use the same classes 😂
But, good to know, maybe I'll need to convert one of the themes I like to the Azure one (which is sometimes a bit buggy though)

I guess this is the case for all the default Dynamix Themes?

Ps: Thanks for the quick reply!

2 hours ago, ThaDaVos said:

Any tips?

When you load a saved (or included) theme, it switches to the "base theme" that theme uses (black, white, gray, azure, etc). All the included themes use "black" as the base theme.

You can certainly use the plugin to design your own theme with azure as the "base theme." Since the layout is so different some of the options might not do exactly what you expect, but I know basic stuff like text color, link color, etc work fine. The rest would probably take a lot of "custom styling", like Raz has done with his black based themes.

Holy guacamole... this is AWESOME!  Thank you so much for your incredibly hard work, Skitals!  And you, too, Raz!

Is it better to use this (more actively developed?) rather than your first one Dark Theme plugin?

I believe this includes Dark Theme anyway so just wondering if I should bother switching or not?

If I do switch do I need to disable the Dark Theme and then remove the plugin.

Do I also need to include a restart after removing the plugin, before installing the Theme Engine?

Thanks again.

@Skitals

Edited by SavellM

Do you have this as open source? Wouldn't mind having a look and contributing. I want to be able to replace the icons.

On 1/19/2020 at 4:22 PM, SavellM said:

Is it better to use this (more actively developed?) rather than your first one Dark Theme plugin?

I believe this includes Dark Theme anyway so just wondering if I should bother switching or not?

If I do switch do I need to disable the Dark Theme and then remove the plugin.

Do I also need to include a restart after removing the plugin, before installing the Theme Engine?

Thanks again.

@Skitals

Yes, this is more actively developed. You don't have to uninstall Dark Theme first, so feel free to try Theme Engine out. No need to restart.

On 1/21/2020 at 10:36 AM, dbinott said:

Do you have this as open source? Wouldn't mind having a look and contributing. I want to be able to replace the icons.

https://github.com/Skitals/unraid-theme-engine/