[Support] knex666 - Nextcloud

On 7/26/2023 at 1:49 AM, Antoni Żabiełowicz said:

Hello, I was running official nextcloud with mariadb and redis for seven months without any issue. After todays nextcloud docker image update container won't start. Does any of you expirienced such problems lately? Thanks for any help.

Zrzut ekranu 2023-07-26 o 02.46.17.png

Yep I think there is major error with fresh installs of nextcloud at the moment. I have tried LSIO and official MariaDB and Nextcloud dockers. Both install perfectly fine, until you bounce MariaDB AFTER install nextcloud. It then seems to corrupt the MariaDB into oblivion. I've been working on this a couple of days now, and I am stuck.

On 7/26/2023 at 8:49 AM, Antoni Żabiełowicz said:

Hello, I was running official nextcloud with mariadb and redis for seven months without any issue. After todays nextcloud docker image update container won't start. Does any of you expirienced such problems lately? Thanks for any help.

Zrzut ekranu 2023-07-26 o 02.46.17.png

I removed redis from the docker configuration and it was fine. But redis is still in nextcloud config, and it works fine

Edited by robbenmu
  • Thanks 2
On 7/29/2023 at 9:14 AM, robbenmu said:

I removed redis from the docker configuration and it was fine. But redis is still in nextcloud config, and it works fine

I got the same issue since the last update: nextcloud doesn't start and shows the log info "/entrypoint.sh: 111: cannot create /usr/local/etc/php/conf.d/redis-session.ini: Permission denied"

I removed the two entries REDIS_HOST and REDIS_HOST_PORT from the template and nextcloud started again but without redis.

Could you please explain what "But redis is still in nextcloud config" means? Have you configured redis in one of the php files?

Thanks and regards!

On 8/1/2023 at 11:21 AM, daninet said:

Hello,

I have this issue with my docker image. It tries to update itself but seemingly fails.

I would appreciate any suggestion how to solve this.

2023-08-01 11_19_27-Window.png

Got this figured out however I dont know what relation the problem has to the solution. I have mounted multiple folders into the docker other than the default data folder, I made data2, data3 and so on then I have these mapped inside nextcloud.

For whatrever reason this broke nextcloud docker, I removed the path mapping, rerun the docker template and the system started. Then I added my mappings again and there I have it, running again and all my folders are mapped.

• 2 weeks later...

docker exec Nextcloud /var/www/html/occ preview:generate-all -vvv

OCI runtime exec failed: exec failed: unable to start container process: exec: "/var/www/html/occ": permission denied: unknown

How do I fix this permissions issue?  Permission for the 'occ' file is set to 'nobody'

1 hour ago, jargo said:

docker exec Nextcloud /var/www/html/occ preview:generate-all -vvv

OCI runtime exec failed: exec failed: unable to start container process: exec: "/var/www/html/occ": permission denied: unknown

How do I fix this permissions issue?  Permission for the 'occ' file is set to 'nobody'

Try to run it with the owner -u www-data

On 7/15/2023 at 4:59 AM, hansolo77 said:

Sorry, I don't typically visit the forums unless I have an issue.

That's ever so kind of you to try and help.

I have decided to kind of do what you have said and have left nextcloud. i may look into it again, and still have some of the stuff available to do so, but i think i might settle for file browser and thunderbird many. again, eggs in basket issue here.

• 2 weeks later...

Latest knex66 Nextcloud build as of today, on UNRAID 6.12.3

Seem to have the dreaded 'Error when assembling chunks, status code 504" error when i upload large files.

The files do actually get uploaded if you leave it alone for 10 mins... 

This server is behind an HA proxy for its main use, however if i upload a large file from another machine direct to the Nexcloud instance (ie http) the problem still occurs, so not proxy related.

I have added:

php_value upload_max_filesize 16G

php_value post_max_size 16G

php_value max_input_time 3600

php_value max_execution_time 3600

to the .user.ini as suggested in the Nextcloud docs, but to no avail. 

Is there anything else `I should be doing?

Hi all,

first, great job knex666 on the integration and help with the support!

I have an issue with cron being updated.

Here is my setup.

1. Your docker installed using the " ExtraParams: --user 99:100 --sysctl net.ipv4.ip_unprivileged_port_start=0 PostArgs: && docker exec -u 0 NAME_OF_THIS_CONTAINER /bin/sh -c 'echo "umask 000" >> /etc/apache2/envvars' " you suggested.

2. I'm using mariadb

3. I also installed Nextcloud-cronjob docker to help with this.

The errors I'm getting now other than just having the usual "Last background job execution ran XX days ago. Something seems wrong" is the following:

"It was not possible to execute the cron job via CLI. The following technical errors have appeared:

Your data directory is invalid. Ensure there is a file called ".ocdata" in the root of the data directory.

Your data directory is not writable. Permissions can usually be fixed by giving the web server write access to the root directory. See https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/27/go.php?to=admin-dir_permissions."

I'm not sure what to do next.

Thanks for your help.

On 8/24/2023 at 4:55 AM, mktlb0303 said:

Hi all,

first, great job knex666 on the integration and help with the support!

I have an issue with cron being updated.

Here is my setup.

1. Your docker installed using the " ExtraParams: --user 99:100 --sysctl net.ipv4.ip_unprivileged_port_start=0 PostArgs: && docker exec -u 0 NAME_OF_THIS_CONTAINER /bin/sh -c 'echo "umask 000" >> /etc/apache2/envvars' " you suggested.

2. I'm using mariadb

3. I also installed Nextcloud-cronjob docker to help with this.

The errors I'm getting now other than just having the usual "Last background job execution ran XX days ago. Something seems wrong" is the following:

"It was not possible to execute the cron job via CLI. The following technical errors have appeared:

Your data directory is invalid. Ensure there is a file called ".ocdata" in the root of the data directory.

Your data directory is not writable. Permissions can usually be fixed by giving the web server write access to the root directory. See https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/27/go.php?to=admin-dir_permissions."

I'm not sure what to do next.

Thanks for your help.

Hi,

thanks for the flowers!

So I dont know the Nextcloud docker cron and I dont know if that works because of permissions - has anyone experience with it?

I am running a userscript every hour, that does work best for me:

#!/bin/bash
echo "START SCANNING FOR NEXTCLOUD FILES&FOLDERS"
docker exec --user www-data Nextcloud /var/www/html/occ files:scan --all &
docker exec --user www-data Nextcloud php -f /var/www/html/cron.php &

Cheers

3 hours ago, 2000gtacoma said:

Is there a way to install ffmpeg?

Edit: Disregard found this command.

docker exec -u 0 Nextcloud /bin/sh -c "apt update && apt install -y ffmpeg"

Yes, thats working but you have to run it everytime - thats a big disadvantage of that official docker

9 hours ago, 2000gtacoma said:

Is there a way to install ffmpeg?

Edit: Disregard found this command.

docker exec -u 0 Nextcloud /bin/sh -c "apt update && apt install -y ffmpeg"

You can change the repo source to my kilrah/nextcloud-ffmpeg container that basically has that (plus VAAPI drivers) installed before publishing, the rest of the template is compatible since it's the same source container.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Kilrah said:

You can change the repo source to my kilrah/nextcloud-ffmpeg container that basically has that (plus VAAPI drivers) installed before publishing, the rest of the template is compatible since it's the same source container.

Did as you suggested. Changed the repo source to kilrah/nextcloud-ffmpeg. Let the repo download and install. Seems to be working fine. Thanks!

How do you get nextcloud to install? I have mariadb with my original database. but when i create an account along with the correct info for mariadb. I get the username is already being used Create an admin account. but I am on the option of creating admin account? Do need to delete the maria nextcloud database?

Update
Yes you need to delete the database, only way i could nextcloud to install.

Just make sure the database is really deleted by filling in the database name as nextcloud when signing in to adminer

Edited by Goldmaster
On 8/24/2023 at 3:55 AM, mktlb0303 said:

Im now getting this as well. I have tried nextcloud cron docker, as it saysw cron is recommended. but how the heck do i give write access, its looking for?

15 hours ago, Goldmaster said:

Im now getting this as well. I have tried nextcloud cron docker, as it saysw cron is recommended. but how the heck do i give write access, its looking for?

Please read my andware. I dont know that cron docker and I recommend you to use user scripts instead

On 8/27/2023 at 1:29 PM, Kilrah said:

How do you ensure that it pulls the latest official image if you build your own?

That would be great to know to merge these projects

47 minutes ago, knex666 said:

read my andware

Thank you, I have added the script you had written into userscripts, but i am seeing,

START SCANNING FOR NEXTCLOUD FILES&FOLDERS

{"reqId":"Lbtqsgo4geN8p2pVBL5m","level":3,"time":"2023-09-01T11:07:37+00:00","remoteAddr":"","user":"--","app":"PHP","method":"","url":"--","message":"fopen(/var/www/html/data/data_dir_writability_test_64f1c5f959655.tmp): Failed to open stream: Permission denied at /var/www/html/lib/private/legacy/OC_Util.php#579","userAgent":"--","version":"27.0.2.1","data":{"app":"PHP"}}
Your data directory is invalid.
Ensure there is a file called ".ocdata" in the root of the data directory.

Your data directory is not writable.
Permissions can usually be fixed by giving the web server write access to the root directory. See https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/27/go.php?to=admin-dir_permissions.

{"reqId":"Lbtqsgo4geN8p2pVBL5m","level":3,"time":"2023-09-01T11:07:37+00:00","remoteAddr":"","user":"--","app":"PHP","method":"","url":"--","message":"fopen(/var/www/html/data/nextcloud.log): Failed to open stream: Permission denied at /var/www/html/lib/private/Log/File.php#84","userAgent":"--","version":"27.0.2.1","data":{"app":"PHP"}}

I have used the file browser to change the permissions for the nextcloud appdata and nextcloud data share to read/write, but this is what im seeing. There is a .ocdata in the root of the data directory.

Edited by Goldmaster