[Plugin] Appdata.Backup

Very interesting. The list just before the warning states all containers without issues. Then it tries to save a xml with empty name out from nowhere. I have a look into this but it will need a few days.

Ahh, I see that the internal order has a hickup in it. Index 1 is missing and somehow its messing with internals. Ill check this

a simple plugin settings save should fix it for now (check order list!)

did you deleted a container during the change?

Just here to say a big "Thank you" !

This plugin is really really good.

Clean UI, working well once you understand the "Appdata source(s)" setting, nice logging/debugging available to troubleshoot the backup process (had some issue with internal/external folder at the beginning, the log help me to understand the logic and fix my mistake), native app folder detection, native app update, good thinking to add VM & flash backup on top of the classic app backup. 

With this app, i can now retire at least 2 others plugins and some user-scripts who save the flash and VM settings !

Really good job !

Minor remark regarding the ab.debug.log: You could put a little warning to the user asking him to review & clean sensitive data before uploading it here. Especially the docker app "cmd" parameters as it can contain username/password or other personal data (in my case: the ssl certificate domain, who is my real name)

• Thanks 1
10 hours ago, JeanR said:

Just here to say a big "Thank you" !

10 hours ago, JeanR said:

to review & clean sensitive data before uploading it here

There will be a „Share with the developer“ feature which generates a ID to post here. It will be uploaded so only I can see it.

• Like 1
On 7/12/2023 at 11:02 AM, sonic6 said:

The container stopping timeout should be higher or per container customizable.

Some of my containers aren't backuped and also not started when "appdata backup" is finished:

-ferdium-server

-OpenSpeedTest

-OnlyOfficeDocumentserver

Debuglog is attaced

On 7/12/2023 at 12:50 PM, KluthR said:

The timeout is the timeout set in the global Docker settings. The Plugin has nothing hardcoded.

the plugin should skip backup if stopping was not successful, that doenst seem to work.

Okay, changed the docker stop timeout to 300s, but with today backup i run into the same problem.

Backup for thoes containers were skipped.

This wasn't the case for any backup in the old version.

Also then the container weren't started after the "backup" (which wasn't made).

I also would post a Logfile, but there isn't one.

There isn't also any notification about the failed backups?

I don't think i am the only one with this problem, but without any notification, there were much user who would notice this.

What do i have to share for information, or what can i do, to prevent this?

9 hours ago, sonic6 said:

Okay, changed the docker stop timeout to 300s, but with today backup i run into the same problem.

Backup for thoes containers were skipped.

This wasn't the case for any backup in the old version.

Also then the container weren't started after the "backup" (which wasn't made).

I also would post a Logfile, but there isn't one.

There isn't also any notification about the failed backups?

I don't think i am the only one with this problem, but without any notification, there were much user who would notice this.

What do i have to share for information, or what can i do, to prevent this?

I think I've been having this problem as well.  I just happened to be up this morning when my backup was happening and Plex seemed to restart too fast, so I checked and found that the backup was failing -- and had failed the last couple of weeks without a notification.  I tried a couple of times to backup manually and it failed each time.

Changing the backup type to "stop all containers, backup, start all containers" fixed it for me.

• Thanks 1

Is it normal to have to click all the little box's on restore? Clicking like 40 box's manually is a bit of a drag. Secondly is there any chance we could have a progress bar/number per restore of each Tar.GZ pretty please. I am doing a restore now and it's stuck on a small docker. 

I just restored and my docker tab is empty despite restoring all XML's too.

image.thumb.png.8d41ecdc84b436dea768a4d37c09b43b.png

I assume this is normal and a limitation, upon choosing each template it worked fine. 

Edited by Nano

Hello

looking to see if can get assistance on this error please just set this up

can see that the backup has failed on it within the DIR

18.07.2023 11:26:56][Main][info] Done!
[18.07.2023 11:26:56][Main][warning] An error occurred during backup! RETENTION WILL NOT BE CHECKED! Please review the log. If you need further assistance, ask in the support forum.
[18.07.2023 11:26:56][Main][info] DONE! Thanks for using this plugin and have a safe day ;)
[18.07.2023 11:26:56][Main][info] ❤️

ab.debug.log ab.logimage.png.33cd68093e22cfc66e546b35641f13c5.png

Edited by LoyalScotsman
On 7/9/2023 at 1:19 PM, spiderben25 said:

Hi,

Since updating to Unraid 6.12.2 and switching to this Appdata app, I have a problem creating a backup.

It seems like the "Save external volume" feature is not working.

When the app tries to backup for example Binhex Krusader docker, which contain a large /mnt mount, it sees it as an external volume, the option to save it is toggled to No as default, but the backup process takes forever and it seems like it's creating a very large tar files despite the actual /mnt/appdata/binhex-krusader folder is only a few kb.

Can you help me with this one?

Thanks.

Did you have any luck fixing this? I'm seeing the exact same thing.

Edit:  I uninstalled the plugin and then reinstalled it. Everything is working now.

Edited by mh79

Hi,

I have just updated to the new plugin, but i could not save any settings.

Whenever i click the save button, i just get a blank page. if i check the plugin again, the settings i set were not saved.

Please help. Thank!

Edit: My appdata folder is not on cache drive, its under /mnt/docker/appdata.

When i try to change it in the plugin setting (before i can even click the save button), the page just redirects to a blank page again.

Edited by kjames2001
On 7/17/2023 at 6:31 AM, sonic6 said:

but without any notification

How is the notification setting set?

Please share the debug log.

On 7/17/2023 at 3:41 PM, Adam64 said:

failed the last couple of weeks without a notification

Same: How is the notification set? Could you set the settings back, backup and share a debug log?

On 7/17/2023 at 7:15 PM, Nano said:

Is it normal to have to click all the little box's on restore? Clicking like 40 box's manually is a bit of a drag.

Currently yes. But I have plans to improve restore experience.

On 7/17/2023 at 7:15 PM, Nano said:

I just restored and my docker tab is empty despite restoring all XML's too.

Restoring XML is not the same as restoring docker containers. After restoring XML, they are available in the template dropdown. I have plans to add container creation to restore function.

On 7/18/2023 at 8:55 AM, Gico said:

I can't find your response to the following message

You excluded /mnt for Krusader resulting in failing verification. Please remove the exclusion or skip the whole container.

On 7/18/2023 at 12:42 PM, LoyalScotsman said:

tar: /mnt/user/appdata/plex/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Logs/: Cannot savedir: Input/output error; tar: /mnt/user/appdata/plex/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-in Support/Data/com.plexapp.system/: Cannot savedir: Input/output error; tar: /mnt/user/appdata/plex/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Metadata/TV Shows/3/495d21813339e6542d1713ccc0ed51d7c636e14.bundle/Contents/_combined/seasons/3/episodes/: Cannot savedir: Input/output error;

Cant tell. Maybe some exclusions for these folders may help. I never found out this special cases why tar wont work with plex internal folders.

On 7/18/2023 at 8:20 PM, mh79 said:

Since updating to Unraid 6.12.2 and switching to this Appdata app, I have a problem creating a backup.

@spiderben25Please share a debug log.

On 7/22/2023 at 8:56 AM, kjames2001 said:

When i try to change it in the plugin setting (before i can even click the save button), the page just redirects to a blank page again.

Any lines occuring in the system log while trying to save?

17 hours ago, fearLess said:

I have an issue though, since setting it all back up, when I go to backup it stops the container and says there are no files and then skips it, any advice? 

You did not set the Allowed sources correctly. Instead of setting every single container appdata path, just type in /mnt/user and /mnt/cache. Your containers have /mnt/user share paths and get sanitized because the plugin treats them as external volume.

Would it be possible to get a new backup type that includes updating per container?

Like "stop, backup, update, start for each container".
Just feels kinda pointless to start a container to then shut it down again for an update 5-10 minutes later.

I guess this should be a setting under the docker specific settings and not its own backup type though.

But it was an easy way to explain how I'd like it to function.

• Upvote 1

Hi,

Can you please add a backup type of backing up without stopping the docker containers? I run websites etc and can't have them stopped. On the old appdata backup version, i've ran this in the same way without stopping them and ran restores absolutely fine from appdata shares that have been backed up whilst the docker containers were running. I'm having to go into every docker setting and change "Dont stop container?" for every single one individually. Maybe a global option?

Edited by Slippin' Jimmy

I've been having an issue where my backup fails. When I go to look at the log to see why it fails it says "The log is not existing or empty." The debug log says the same thing when I attempt to view it. I'm not sure what's causing this issue or how to resolve it. I did have one backup complete successfully and I could view the log then, but when it fails I can't see the log.

On 7/18/2023 at 11:42 AM, LoyalScotsman said:

Hello

can see that the backup has failed on it within the DIR

18.07.2023 11:26:56][Main][info] Done!
[18.07.2023 11:26:56][Main][warning] An error occurred during backup! RETENTION WILL NOT BE CHECKED! Please review the log. If you need further assistance, ask in the support forum.
[18.07.2023 11:26:56][Main][info] DONE! Thanks for using this plugin and have a safe day ;)
[18.07.2023 11:26:56][Main][info] ❤️

ab.debug.log 113.57 kB · 1 download ab.log 17.7 kB · 1 download image.png.33cd68093e22cfc66e546b35641f13c5.png

please can i get some assistance with this :)