[Plugin] Appdata.Backup

Posted (edited)

Hy Guys

I have a Problem with the Plugin...

Since i start Using it, after Backing up the Appdata folders, all of my Dockers are "restart to 0" like a new installation.

Any idea why this is?

sry 4 my bad english.

Edited by Guizzo

I am getting the following error two nights ago and last night. I get two of them at 1201a and 1202a. my appdata backup runs at 1200a:

Event: Appdata Backup
Subject: [AppdataBackup] Warning!
Description: Please check the backup log!
Importance: warning

Error while stopping container! Code:  - trying 'docker stop' method

I checked the backup log in the plugin both nights and see now errors present. can someone help me with this?

One more "excessive warning" situation:

"[path] does NOT exist! Please check your mappings! Skipping it for now." 

Said path is an external mapping to a container where external mappings are not enabled, i.e. it should be at most a warning but not an error since it doesn't affect anything. 

On 5/22/2024 at 7:51 AM, knights_of_pine said:

I am getting the following error two nights ago and last night. I get two of them at 1201a and 1202a. my appdata backup runs at 1200a:

Event: Appdata Backup
Subject: [AppdataBackup] Warning!
Description: Please check the backup log!
Importance: warning

Error while stopping container! Code:  - trying 'docker stop' method

I checked the backup log in the plugin both nights and see now errors present. can someone help me with this?

I didn't see it at first but I do see the error in my logs.  for two of my dockers it is saying:

23.05.2024 08:09:59][ℹ️][SearXNG] Stopping SearXNG... Error while stopping container! Code: - trying 'docker stop' method

any help why this might be for two docker containers?

4 hours ago, knights_of_pine said:

I didn't see it at first but I do see the error in my logs.  for two of my dockers it is saying:

23.05.2024 08:09:59][ℹ️][SearXNG] Stopping SearXNG... Error while stopping container! Code: - trying 'docker stop' method

any help why this might be for two docker containers?

What's your timeout in Docker settings? Searxng basically never exits cleanly and only gets killed by the timeout, if that's too long it may cause trouble

On 4/17/2024 at 11:12 PM, Spiritreader said:

I think I am too dumb to figure out how to change the order of containers?

If I drag a container  in the "start order" section to the right, and then hit save and reload the page, it's at the old position again.

Is there any additional step or save button that I am missing?

container order in the config.json is empty

"containerOrder": []

I thought that I might be able to set it manually but I don't know if it's a list of strings or some internal ids

The configuration file is also missing some of my containers, and I cannot change their individual configuration or save that.

The config ends at tika:

"Tika": {
            "skip": "no",
            "group": "",
            "backupExtVolumes": "no",
            "updateContainer": "",
            "exclude": "",
            "skipBackup": "no",
            "verifyBackup": "",
            "ignoreBackupErrors": ""
        }
    },
    "containerOrder": []

image.png.9b2705f308a64bf85f8cce004ccb6042.pngBut there are more containers

Here's a gif of trying to change order

oplJ01v.gif

Did you figure something out? I'm having the same issue and feeling a bit weirded out this one went unaddressed for so long. :S

Posted (edited)
On 5/12/2024 at 11:53 PM, tr3bjockey said:

2024-05-1220_49_45-Tower_BrowseMozillaFirefox.thumb.jpg.50b6a4914bcf2e100af8fa0dc34d355b.jpg

Didn't know I could browse from the share menu.  Very cool.  Now where's the delete button?

I tried right clicking on the folder and opening the folder and also right clicking but no delete button.

Huh, clear differences between your file view and mine. Not sure why - best to ask in another thread.

Screenshot2024-05-27at5_03_12PM.thumb.png.4288a5c66a1efc72593db7a8f586bbcd.png

Edited by CS01-HS

I'm having an odd behavior where the Status/Log section is empty and says "backup is not running" when the scheduled job runs. It appears to be functioning as expected otherwise. The dockers stop, the backup files appears in the folder and continue to update, then the dockers fire back up, etc. Just no status during the process.

It also seems as if the email notifications are delayed. The ones that used to fire at the beginning and during the process now all fire at the end when the backup finishes.

When I first noticed it happening, I tried to run a manual backup which did nothing. (I'm assuming because it was already running.) Then wound up restarting the server and from there a manual run seemed to work as expected.

Was hoping it was something simple I'm missing or a known issue before I posted logs.

unraid: 6.12.10 and plugin version: 2024.03.17

Hi just started the plugin for the first time.

I get the error below. What can I do?

[28.05.2024 00:06:09][ℹ️][plex] Backing up plex...
[28.05.2024 00:15:32][][plex] tar creation failed! Tar said: tar: /mnt/cache/appdata/plex/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Media/localhost/7/83dbfe58c7c5cd7\220\026\203l\201\210\377\3775a31956cc96b652f.bundle: File removed before we read it; tar: /mnt/cache/appdata/plex/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Metadata/Albums/a/0dd40729668e25fd704419e7aed4630ece659d9.bundle/Contents/com.plexapp.agents.localmedia/posters: Cannot stat: Structure needs cleaning; tar: /mnt/cache/appdata/plex/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Metadata/Albums/d/abd89efa5ae178382cbd166acd3de4926cec142.bundle/Contents/_stored: Cannot stat: Structure needs cleaning; tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors

Im using the plugin to mainly backup vaultwarden container.

So I only need that vaultwarden.tar file to be created.

1. Is there a way to not create these .xml and .bak files (see below photo)?

2. Also, it appears the plugin 'sees' all my containers even those I have installed ages ago and since removed from unraid (yes also deleted them from the appdata folder). How to update the plugin to only 'see' the actual current containers?

Thanks

Zrzutekranu2024-05-31o15_27_47.png.c762545808d91116bb070437cd350994.png

These xml, bak and obsolete files come 1:1 from your usersTemplate directory. The plugin simply copies them as they are. If you create a new container and check the template dropdown above, you should see all those old entries.

delete them by select them and I believe it appears a „X“ to delete it.

Posted (edited)

You can manage / remove old templates more conveniently from the "Previous Apps" section on the Apps page.

The .bak you'll have to remove manually fron the flash drive, they used to be made by older unraid versions.

Edited by Kilrah
11 hours ago, KluthR said:

Did you recreated the container or stopped it before start the restore? Restore does not touch any of your containers! It restores the data and/or the container template file.

I did stop the container first. I'm trying to restore because my Plex DB is corrupted.

3 hours ago, Kilrah said:

You can manage / remove old templates more conveniently from the "Previous Apps" section on the Apps page.

The .bak you'll have to remove manually fron the flash drive, they used to be made by older unraid versions.

Thanks! I removed .bak and indeed these are not backeup any more. Can I remove .xml files from usersTemplate as well without breaking anything?

39 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

No, that'd lose all your container setups since that's what they are.

That makes sense;) Thanks! I'll ask differently. Why the plugin now makes a copy of ALL these .xmls anyway when I only select certain (1 actually) container to backup. I could swear that in the past it was copying only the containers you selected in settings. It still doesn't backup other containers but for some reason it does copy these .xlms. Why is that?

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Januszmirek said:

Why is that?

Simpliness. Long time ago it only saved used ones but I felt like „better safe the whole templates“. Not much more cost :)

Edited by KluthR