Unraid OS version 6.12.5 available

ljm42

As I already had with 6.12.4, I cannot connect to my unraid server through his ipv6. I had downgraded to 6.12.3 until now for this reason (among others).

root@unraid # ss -tlpn | grep :22 
tcp   LISTEN 0      128                         0.0.0.0:22         0.0.0.0:*    users:(("sshd",pid=24054,fd=3)) 

I don't know why it doesn't listen on [::]:22

Any idea ?

(But with this version, unlike v6.12.4, the ipv6 works with my docker containers.)

Edited by pbear
2 hours ago, pbear said:

As I already had with 6.12.4, I cannot connect to my unraid server through his ipv6. I had downgraded to 6.12.3 until now for this reason (among others).

tcp   LISTEN 0      128                         0.0.0.0:22         0.0.0.0:*    users:(("sshd",pid=24054,fd=3)) 

Any idea ?

(But with this version, unlike v6.12.4, the ipv6 works with my docker containers.)

Not much to go on there, we really need your diagnostics. The next time you upgrade, be sure to grab diagnostics and then start a new topic in general support where you detail the issue. It is very difficult to do back and forth support in this release thread.

4 hours ago, dlandon said:

You are referencing the remote share servers by IP address.  Any chance the IP address changed?  If the remote server does not have a static IP address, you are better off using the server name.

The ip address is static for the remote shares. It's not a device that's online frequently but typically I see that it's not mounted ..... After the update it showed as "not a valid configuration" and I had to remove and re-add.

48 minutes ago, Fffrank said:

After the update it showed as "not a valid configuration" and I had to remove and re-add.

It appears that you updated UD as part of the upgrade to 6.12.5.  There were some changes made in UD to detect issues in the configuration and show the invalid configuration if a problem is detected.  Removing and re-adding the remote share is the answer and fixes these problems.

17 hours ago, EthanBezz said:

Run this in the web terminal:

cat /etc/modprobe.d/zfs.conf

and you'll see:

# zfs data corruption mitigation, re: https://github.com/openzfs/zfs/issues/15526
options zfs zfs_dmu_offset_next_sync=0

Is this what I should see?

root@unRAID:~# cat /etc/modprobe.d/zfs.conf
zfs_dmu_offset_next_sync=0root@unRAID:~# 

13 hours ago, pbear said:

Any idea ?

i did encounter maybe the same?! similar issue to this after updating from 6.12.5-rc1 to 6.12.5.

Nothing(webgui, ssh, anything really) runs on ipv6 after you stop the array and then start the array again.

First bootup is fine oddly enough. It still lists that it actively listens on the adresses and ports but its absolutely dead. Gonna check on it later and post the diagnostics.

15 hours ago, ljm42 said:

Not much to go on there, we really need your diagnostics. The next time you upgrade, be sure to grab diagnostics and then start a new topic in general support where you detail the issue. It is very difficult to do back and forth support in this release thread.

Hello,

Well, I already did send my diagnostics file to the support by email, had opened a thread  and even opened a thread on discord.

The only answer I got was from the support (email) who adviced me to wait for the next release.

Anyway I updated my thread with extra infos and a new diganostic file.

Thanks,

10 hours ago, pbear said:

Hello,

Well, I already did send my diagnostics file to the support by email, had opened a thread  and even opened a thread on discord.

The only answer I got was from the support (email) who adviced me to wait for the next release.

Anyway I updated my thread with extra infos and a new diganostic file.

Sorry, I originally replied based on your post in this thread as it had no hints about the other communication.

I just commented on your thread, this issue will be resolved in the next release https://forums.unraid.net/topic/145859-after-upgrade-troubles-with-ipv6/#comment-1332834

14 hours ago, Mainfrezzer said:

i did encounter maybe the same?! similar issue to this after updating from 6.12.5-rc1 to 6.12.5.

Nothing(webgui, ssh, anything really) runs on ipv6 after you stop the array and then start the array again.

First bootup is fine oddly enough. It still lists that it actively listens on the adresses and ports but its absolutely dead. Gonna check on it later and post the diagnostics.

Are you using a statically assigned IPv6 address? We just tracked down an issue related to that, although DHCP and SLAAC should work fine. This will be fixed in the next release:

https://forums.unraid.net/bug-reports/prereleases/bugs-with-ipv6-in-6125-rc1-r2742/?tab=comments#comment-26714

If you don't have a statically assigned IPv6 address, please start a new thread in general support and include your diagnostics along with a description of the problem.  This release thread is not meant for support.

Buttery smooth upgrade.

Noticing this in the logs related to HBA card. Not sure if important as no lockups.

Nov 30 22:42:35 Moulin-rouge kernel: phy-2:0: add: sas_addr(0x56c92bf0012727df), phy(0)
Nov 30 22:48:28 Moulin-rouge kernel: sd 2:0:1:0: [sdj] tag#6003 UNKNOWN(0x2003) Result: hostbyte=0x0b driverbyte=DRIVER_OK cmd_age=0s
Nov 30 22:48:28 Moulin-rouge kernel: sd 2:0:1:0: [sdj] tag#6003 CDB: opcode=0x85 85 06 20 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 40 e5 00
Nov 30 22:48:32 Moulin-rouge kernel: mpt3sas_cm0: log_info(0x31110f00): originator(PL), code(0x11), sub_code(0x0f00)
Nov 30 22:48:32 Moulin-rouge kernel: sd 2:0:1:0: [sdj] tag#6004 UNKNOWN(0x2003) Result: hostbyte=0x0b driverbyte=DRIVER_OK cmd_age=3s
Nov 30 22:48:32 Moulin-rouge kernel: sd 2:0:1:0: [sdj] tag#6004 CDB: opcode=0x85 85 06 20 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 40 98 00

Edited by dopeytree