[PhAzE] Plugins for Unraid 5/6

I'm having problems starting my couchpotato after a disabled (this happened when my unraid was turned off from brown out) disk1, where my plugins are installed.  They are installed in /mnt/disk1/.couchpotato, and config files are in /mnt/disk1/.couchpotato_config.  It won't start now, though the rest of the Phaze plugins started without any problems. 

I captured a screenshot, kindly take a look.  Thanks.

It looks like your config file "settings.conf" is corrupt. You can try to edit it and remove any strange characters you find or you can delete it and then re enter your settings in couchpotato. If you decide to delete it, you should then go into the plugin config and hit "apply" before starting the app,  which will at least create a default config file with your port in it.

i dont have  sabnzb setup to use the  config/folder  section  i    config/categories  section and  have my  shows  setup for

/mnt/user/main/shows    and have processing  on  +delete  and  use the  sabtoSickbeard.py script

I made the change you suggested  I can now delete those directory.  but how to i prevent them from being made.   

I just setup unraid  5.5  using the phaze plugins  for some reason when sabnzb (0.7.18)  downloads anything and when its unrar it leave a directory with what it unrar  and I can't  delete  it.. I closed a screenshot  any ideas ?

Screen_Shot_2014_07_19_at_9_11_40_PM.png

Under the SAB/Config/Folders tab have you specified "Permissions for completed downloads"? It should be set to 777 or 755.

You shouldn't have to worry about it. The permissions were likely screwed which prevented SAB from cleaning up after itself. You should let SAB create what it wants, and then delete it. Just make sure under Config/Switches that you have all post-processing tasks enabled and then monitor.

I know for me, I only see files left in the Complete folder if it's failed to move to the array for some reason (I used to get this sometimes when using a VM, but you shouldn't have this issue with the plugin).

I would just clean up the Complete folder, and then check back in a day or two and see if SAB is doing proper maintenance.

PhAzE's response

It looks like your config file "settings.conf" is corrupt. You can try to edit it and remove any strange characters you find or you can delete it and then re enter your settings in couchpotato. If you decide to delete it, you should then go into the plugin config and hit "apply" before starting the app,  which will at least create a default config file with your port in it.

Thanks PhAzE

UPDATE

Tried to delete settings.conf, and pressed "apply", these are the logs that came out:

Starting CouchPotato: sudo -u nobody python /mnt/disk1/.couchpotato_v2/CouchPotato.py --data_dir /mnt/disk1/.couchpotato_v2_config --daemon --pid_file /var/run/couchpotato/couchpotato.pid

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/mnt/disk1/.couchpotato_v2/CouchPotato.py", line 132, in <module>

l = Loader()

File "/mnt/disk1/.couchpotato_v2/CouchPotato.py", line 41, in __init__

settings.setFile(self.options.config_file)

File "/mnt/disk1/.couchpotato_v2/couchpotato/core/settings.py", line 66, in setFile

self.p.read(config_file)

File "/usr/lib/python2.7/ConfigParser.py", line 305, in read

self._read(fp, filename)

File "/usr/lib/python2.7/ConfigParser.py", line 546, in _read

raise e

ParsingError: File contains parsing errors: /mnt/disk1/.couchpotato_v2_config/settings.conf

[line 261]: '['

PID not created, application did not start for some reason

... Start Failed

i dont have  sabnzb setup to use the  config/folder  section  i    config/categories  section and  have my  shows  setup for

/mnt/user/main/shows    and have processing  on  +delete  and  use the  sabtoSickbeard.py script

I am not sure of your config (the above isn't 100% clear), but there is a standard practice on how to have this configured so it runs properly. If you've veered off the beaten track then you are more likely to get inconsistent/unusual results.

I have always used the following post as a baseline for configuring SAB/SB:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=120406

If you want SAB to behave properly I would suggest you review it and maybe make changes to your environment to match it. It should help make sure everything runs smoothly.

PhAzE's response

Thanks PhAzE

UPDATE

Tried to delete settings.conf, and pressed "apply", these are the logs that came out:

Starting CouchPotato: sudo -u nobody python /mnt/disk1/.couchpotato_v2/CouchPotato.py --data_dir /mnt/disk1/.couchpotato_v2_config --daemon --pid_file /var/run/couchpotato/couchpotato.pid

l = Loader()

File "/mnt/disk1/.couchpotato_v2/couchpotato/core/settings.py", line 66, in setFile

self.p.read(config_file)

self._read(fp, filename)

raise e

ParsingError: File contains parsing errors: /mnt/disk1/.couchpotato_v2_config/settings.conf

... Start Failed

It's possible that the ConfigParser file is broken.  Here's what you can do:

- Delete all the files in your install directory.  When you go into the gui it will say "not installed' and you can press the install button to redownload from Git.  This will make sure all the files in your install directory are not corrupt.

- Before starting the program, open settings.conf in an editor and look online 261 to see if there is that "[" its talking about and either remove it or make sure at least there is a corresponding "]" bracket.

- Install and try to run it.

I hope this doesn't sound like a complaint but what is the holdup with the MediaBrowser3 plugin? It says waiting on dev, do you need something from them and they are yet to give it to you?

They haven't yet hosted their Linux binaries. They are available through a thread that is sometimes updated but there's no guarantee that they will continue to have it up since it's just hosted on a drop box account at the moment. That also means my plugin won't be able to tell what version it's downloading.

I am working with the Devs about getting the binaries hosted on their website but they are currently only working on a docker install.  Without binaries pure compiled for Linux, there is nothing to download.

I'm waiting patiently for this one too. Thanks PhAzE for committing to making the plugin, when it becomes possible!

Flexget updated to v.1.5.3 to fix the 'new version' problem always showing value '2'.

With new new v6 plugin I'm getting the pip errors I had earlier.  Reverted back to the previous plugin and all sweet again.

what were the pip errors your getting?

Well, ignore that.  I tried to replicate the problem last night but couldn't. I'm on your new. Plugin now with no issues

Hello,

It was recommended by another community user here to install and download your Plex plugin.  As I'm a noob at this and really don't understand much of it, I did manage to easily follow your instructions.  I placed the PMS file as stated in the correct area and then did a reboot.  The PMS icon showed up in "Settings" as stated.  I attempted to hit the "Install" button and after download and install I get this message:

WARNING: Your config directory is not persistent and WILL NOT survive a reboot. Please locate the directory on disk for persistency

WARNING: Your transcode directory is located in RAM. This will bloat your server's RAM usage and could cause instability problems. It is recommended to move this folder to a physical hard drive.

Plugin Version: 1.5.1

I read your possible issues with install and running of Plex, However there was nothing that I seen that said something about this Warning message.  What is it?  Is it bad, Does something need to be done differently?

Hello,

It was recommended by another community user here to install and download your Plex plugin.  As I'm a noob at this and really don't understand much of it, I did manage to easily follow your instructions.  I placed the PMS file as stated in the correct area and then did a reboot.  The PMS icon showed up in "Settings" as stated.  I attempted to hit the "Install" button and after download and install I get this message:

WARNING: Your config directory is not persistent and WILL NOT survive a reboot. Please locate the directory on disk for persistency

WARNING: Your transcode directory is located in RAM. This will bloat your server's RAM usage and could cause instability problems. It is recommended to move this folder to a physical hard drive.

I read your possible issues with install and running of Plex, However there was nothing that I seen that said something about this Warning message.  What is it?  Is it bad, Does something need to be done differently?

In unRAID, all locations except /mnt and /boot are in RAMfs. You need to change the locations of the directories mentioned in the warnings.

If you have a cache drive, then create a share for your apps, make it cache-only, and use it; for example, /mnt/cache/apps/plex

Hello,

In unRAID, all locations except /mnt and /boot are in RAMfs. You need to change the locations of the directories mentioned in the warnings.

If you have a cache drive, then create a share for your apps, make it cache-only, and use it; for example, /mnt/cache/apps/plex

I do not have a cache drive in the unRaid system, Can I use one of the other HDD's that's in my unRaid system?  How do I create "shares"?  Is this in the unraid main menu?  Thanks for helping me!

I hope this doesn't sound like a complaint but what is the holdup with the MediaBrowser3 plugin? It says waiting on dev, do you need something from them and they are yet to give it to you?

They haven't yet hosted their Linux binaries. They are available through a thread that is sometimes updated but there's no guarantee that they will continue to have it up since it's just hosted on a drop box account at the moment. That also means my plugin won't be able to tell what version it's downloading.

I am working with the Devs about getting the binaries hosted on their website but they are currently only working on a docker install.  Without binaries pure compiled for Linux, there is nothing to download.

I'm waiting patiently for this one too. Thanks PhAzE for committing to making the plugin, when it becomes possible!

I add my voice to this request. Been a user of Media Browser 2 for years. Once version 3 was released I was determined to only make the switch once they have a Linux version. From the threads on the MB site it looks like the MB devs are not nearly close to releasing the binaries. From all outward appearance they bit off more then they could chew. I am glad to see that the Plug-in is in place once the Linux binaries are ready. This has been an ongoing saga for over 6 months now and only got a bit more urgent once they lost users to the Plex product. For me a switch to MB3 is a welcome change but not a must have as long as MB 2 is working just fine. The themes for MB3 are also in no way close to those for MB 2. Well it is what it is.

Just went back to the MB site. Request for MB3 installation on a NAS Posted 31 October 2013 - 01:25 PM by Systems Architect.

Planned.

After a requests on the status this was Posted 23 July 2014 - 06:19 PM by the very same System Architect:

Yes we're working on it. we have a newer, easier installation process for ubuntu coming soon that i think will help.

Take it from there as far as availability in the near future.

OK, I didn't realize a "share" is just a named folder on my HDD array.  I created a folder on my disk 1 drive and changed the install and config directory to these locations when attempting to install PMS plugin.  The only thing I seem not to be able to change is the Transcode Directory which is giving me an error upon install:

What should I do about this one?

OK, I didn't realize a "share" is just a named folder on my HDD array.  I created a folder on my disk 1 drive and changed the install and config directory to these locations when attempting to install PMS plugin.  The only thing I seem not to be able to change is the Transcode Directory which is giving me an error upon install:

If your config directory is /mnt/disk1/Plex

Then make your transcode directory /mnt/disk1/Plex/tmp

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Alternatively, it's a little more complicated but if you have a spare drive you can mount it outside of the array and use that. I used the SNAP plugin (which isn't fantastic but does the job) to mount an old laptop hard disk outside the array with the share name plex.

I could then set my plex library to /mnt/usr/plex (/<mount>/<user shares>/<share name>) and my transcode directory is /mnt/usr/plex/tmp.

Works a treat and gets round the problem of not being able to use a cache drive on unRAID free.

PhAzE's response

Thanks PhAzE

UPDATE

l = Loader()

self.p.read(config_file)

self._read(fp, filename)

raise e

... Start Failed

- Delete all the files in your install directory.  When you go into the gui it will say "not installed' and you can press the install button to redownload from Git.  This will make sure all the files in your install directory are not corrupt.

- Before starting the program, open settings.conf in an editor and look online 261 to see if there is that "[" its talking about and either remove it or make sure at least there is a corresponding "]" bracket.

Hi PhAzE,

My mistake. I was looking at couchpotato_config in my /boot/config/plug-ins instead of my install default config directory,  which is in a hidden folder in disk1.

Which brings me to my next question,  I have all these couchpotato,  sabnzbd and sickbeard folders in /boot/config/plugins,  dont know whether it was installed there by influencers plugins before? Are they still needed? Do they cause delay in booting up of unraid?

I add my voice to this request. Been a user of Media Browser 2 for years. Once version 3 was released I was determined to only make the switch once they have a Linux version. From the threads on the MB site it looks like the MB devs are not nearly close to releasing the binaries. From all outward appearance they bit off more then they could chew. I am glad to see that the Plug-in is in place once the Linux binaries are ready. This has been an ongoing saga for over 6 months now and only got a bit more urgent once they lost users to the Plex product. For me a switch to MB3 is a welcome change but not a must have as long as MB 2 is working just fine. The themes for MB3 are also in no way close to those for MB 2. Well it is what it is.

Just went back to the MB site. Request for MB3 installation on a NAS Posted 31 October 2013 - 01:25 PM by Systems Architect.

Planned.

After a requests on the status this was Posted 23 July 2014 - 06:19 PM by the very same System Architect:

Yes we're working on it. we have a newer, easier installation process for ubuntu coming soon that i think will help.

Well, I've been working with Luke to try and figure it out. They now have a docker installation working, but the biggest problem is he doesn't know how to compile a deb file or rpm file which he can first on his own custom repo.

They also lost one of their biggest developers a few months back.  If anyone here knows a step by step methods for making a .deb of the binaries and feels like helping out with the process steps for him, I'm sure it could be up and ready in a week or two after that.

I also found that for some reason the Linux version just doesn't work with chrome properly, bit seems OK in Firefox. That's something that hasn't been fixed and is kind of a movie thing.

PhAzE's response

Thanks PhAzE

UPDATE

l = Loader()

self.p.read(config_file)

self._read(fp, filename)

raise e

... Start Failed

Hi PhAzE,

My mistake. I was looking at couchpotato_config in my /boot/config/plug-ins instead of my install default config directory,  which is in a hidden folder in disk1.

Which brings me to my next question,  I have all these couchpotato,  sabnzbd and sickbeard folders in /boot/config/plugins,  dont know whether it was installed there by influencers plugins before? Are they still needed? Do they cause delay in booting up of unraid?

they are definitely requires still. That's when the plugin settings are stored. That couch potato config however on the plugins folder is not used, that's left over from the influencer plugin and can be safely deleted.

Great work Phaze, I am however having an issue getting plexget to start.  It installs fine, but just won't start.

on what version on unraid?

sorry didn't include enough info; unriad 5.0.5, also had tried it on 6, but downgraded for other problems.  Although I never could get it started on 6 either. 

flexget_page.jpg.003058bbe61447c62b4ea0ae63525d58.jpg

Planned.

Well, I've been working with Luke to try and figure it out. They now have a docker installation working, but the biggest problem is he doesn't know how to compile a deb file or rpm file which he can first on his own custom repo.

They also lost one of their biggest developers a few months back.  If anyone here knows a step by step methods for making a .deb of the binaries and feels like helping out with the process steps for him, I'm sure it could be up and ready in a week or two after that.

I also found that for some reason the Linux version just doesn't work with chrome properly, bit seems OK in Firefox. That's something that hasn't been fixed and is kind of a movie thing.

Thanks for the bit of additional information and was afraid that things had bogged down. I hope eventually they will get it sorted, it is a time consuming venture.