[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

Having issues with writes to cache every 30 seconds for 10 seconds at a time, speeds range from 100KB/s to 1.1MB/s writes. 

Issue mirrors what I had with Plex but that was fixed with --no-healthcheck in Extra Parameters. I've done so in the DelugeVPN container but it's maintaining those writes to chache.

If this is normal just let me know and I'll be on my merry way. If there's any other logs or plugins to install and monitor you need to reference, let me know.

Server Info: I am on 6.12.0 stable, issue has followed me from 6.11. Cache drive was in BTFRS, reformatted to ZFS. Deluge is the only container running. VPN is through Mullvad via Wireguard. I've included a screenshot of a snippet of log info.

Screenshot 2023-06-25 at 4.26.21 PM.png

Edited by Narcnarwal
On 6/22/2023 at 2:22 PM, strike said:

For you other guys/future posters reading this it will probably take some time to debug. So please enable debug logs and post them along with your diagnostics as well. Also write if your're using zerotier/Tailscale as that maybe could be a factor.

I had a Zerotier container running. I disabled both it and the built-in Wireguard VPN and the container still fails to start with the same error: "possible DNS issues, exiting..."

There must be something different about how the Deluge container starts the VPN vs how the QBT one does because the QBT one works fine, but the VPN setup in init.sh is identical for both. I am not enough of a Docker expert to investigate much further myself. 

3 hours ago, WalkerJ said:

I had a Zerotier container running. I disabled both it and the built-in Wireguard VPN and the container still fails to start with the same error: "possible DNS issues, exiting..."

There must be something different about how the Deluge container starts the VPN vs how the QBT one does because the QBT one works fine, but the VPN setup in init.sh is identical for both. I am not enough of a Docker expert to investigate much further myself. 

Did you change the dns servers in the container template? Do this: https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/help.md

I am having issues getting my DelugeVPN container to start. Everything worked fine until early today. I have done no updates or configuration changes that might break something. I am still running Unraid 6.11.5. I have attached my log file. After the initial startup it just continues in a loop trying the connect to NordVPN. I've tried changing my user/pass, and confirmed it is correct. I also tried different NordVPN .ovpn files, but nothing works. Is there something I am missing?

supervisord.log

1 hour ago, Ryanoc3ros said:

Found the solution on reddit.

Due to the recent change in the authentication process, using your email and password for the manual connection method will no longer work. You will need to use the service credentials instead.

You can find your service credentials by following these steps:

• Please log in to your Nord Account by following this link: https://my.nordaccount.com/dashboard/nordvpn/
  • Click on the NordVPN tab on the left panel which is under the Services tab.
  • Scroll down and locate the Manual Setup tab, then click on Set up NordVPN manually:
  • Verify your email by entering the one-time code you will receive in your registered email inbox. If you are unable to find the email, please make sure to also check your spam/junk folder.
  • Copy your service credentials by using the buttons on the right.

So I saw this, and thought this was the answer to my question, but its still not opening the GUI. I do have a question about the Credentials.conf file. Do I need to change that to the new NordVPN service credentials? I've changed it under edit in Unraid, and I even trying replacing my username/password with the new credentials, but something in the docker keeps overwriting the credentials.conf file with my real username and password. Is this correct behavior? Is it translating the service credentials into the real credentials? I think its running, but I'm unable to view it. I also did update to the latest update, but hadn't rebooted. I was reading back a few pages and saw the update could have caused issues. Ive since downgraded and rebooted, but no luck, I'm still unable to view the GUI. Do I need to delete the docker and re set it up?  Thoughts? 

• Like 1

So even though I am using the Service Credentials as mentioned above, I'm still receiving the 

SIGTERM[soft,auth-failure] received, process exiting

and when I look in the credentials.conf file, its using my real credentials instead of the service credentials I have listed under Edit for the docker. Where is it pulling these credentials and how do I stop it from replacing the new service credentials I entered? 

I've also tried new OVPN files, both UDP and TCP. I've also been reading through the Help FAQ. 

Thanks. 

I am having a similar issue after updating Unraid OS to the latest version. I tried reverting to the last OS version but still get ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED when trying to get to the web GUI.

Tried all the suggested fixes as well and deleted and reinstalled the container and still can't reach the web GUI.

2 hours ago, scarecrowboat said:

I am having a similar issue after updating Unraid OS to the latest version. I tried reverting to the last OS version but still get ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED when trying to get to the web GUI.

Tried all the suggested fixes as well and deleted and reinstalled the container and still can't reach the web GUI.

Do this: https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/help.md Also post what network type you're using.

I seem to be having an issues with my deluge docker. I have had it setup and working for a while and it seems to have just stopped downloading. I have been looking through the logs and I don't see any indication or error, similar with my other dockers, they are able to send my requests to deluge and add the torrents.

When launching the delugeVPN docker, it seems to have a connection and established on over the VPN, but all the torrents just sits at 0.00%. Sometimes 2 torrents will get ~5 kb/s then back to 0. Almost like it doens't see the peers or cannot connect to them.

Has anyone see anything like this before? The closest thing I have found something related to the common ports of torrents be blocked via the provider. I have tried to switch some port around in the container and I also have some port worded on my router, to allow access. Any indications would help.

On 6/28/2023 at 5:43 PM, Ryanoc3ros said:

Found the solution on reddit.

Due to the recent change in the authentication process, using your email and password for the manual connection method will no longer work. You will need to use the service credentials instead.

You can find your service credentials by following these steps:

• Please log in to your Nord Account by following this link: https://my.nordaccount.com/dashboard/nordvpn/
  • Click on the NordVPN tab on the left panel which is under the Services tab.
  • Scroll down and locate the Manual Setup tab, then click on Set up NordVPN manually:
  • Verify your email by entering the one-time code you will receive in your registered email inbox. If you are unable to find the email, please make sure to also check your spam/junk folder.
  • Copy your service credentials by using the buttons on the right.

Had this same issue. This resolved it. Thank you!

On 7/2/2023 at 2:45 AM, Alec.Dalessandro said:

I seem to be having an issues with my deluge docker. I have had it setup and working for a while and it seems to have just stopped downloading. I have been looking through the logs and I don't see any indication or error, similar with my other dockers, they are able to send my requests to deluge and add the torrents.

When launching the delugeVPN docker, it seems to have a connection and established on over the VPN, but all the torrents just sits at 0.00%. Sometimes 2 torrents will get ~5 kb/s then back to 0. Almost like it doens't see the peers or cannot connect to them.

Has anyone see anything like this before? The closest thing I have found something related to the common ports of torrents be blocked via the provider. I have tried to switch some port around in the container and I also have some port worded on my router, to allow access. Any indications would help.

Can you post a screenshot of your container volume mappings and a screenshot of the downloads settings in deluge?

On 7/2/2023 at 10:15 AM, Alec.Dalessandro said:

I had this exact issue recently, when I recreated my setup at a new host.

Considering I was using exactly the same configs, I eventually worked out that the only difference was the release of delugeVPN I was using.

I rolled back to release 2.1.1-1-02 and it's working for me, full speed again.

1 hour ago, strike said:

Can you post a screenshot of your container volume mappings and a screenshot of the downloads settings in deluge?

Ok course, I have actually tried to reinstall the container as I was having issues. I have been using radarr (aka Movies) as a tester, until I have it corrected then just rinse and repeat to added back sonar/lidarr anyways.

Docker path parameter:

image.thumb.png.754ce229272e35764cf93df2c9b593aa.png

Downloads configuration:

image.png.0a160a20614e1a69cd6a17e73fe25611.png

The 3 folders indicated in the download configuration (incomplete & complete & unzippedTorrents) are created under the directory prior to, fairly standard stuff I think at least.

53 minutes ago, delugevpnuser said:

I had this exact issue recently, when I recreated my setup at a new host.

Considering I was using exactly the same configs, I eventually worked out that the only difference was the release of delugeVPN I was using.

I rolled back to release 2.1.1-1-02 and it's working for me, full speed again.

I have just gave this a try using the version you have indicated but it didn't seem to correct my issue.

You mentioned recreating the setup at a new host?? May I ask what you did in this fashion as os this jsut a minor detail?

21 minutes ago, Alec.Dalessandro said:

The 3 folders indicated in the download configuration (incomplete & complete & unzippedTorrents) are created under the directory prior to, fairly standard stuff I think at least.

That looks good. Not sure what's causing your issue. But you should close the port on your router. When using a vpn you have to open up the port on the vpn side and not your router. You have to check with your vpn provider if they allow port forwarding and if so set that up. When you have set that up you put that port as the incoming port in deluge. 

Edited by strike

Hello can i please have some assistance my delugevpn has been working perfect with nordvpn for years, but recently getting the below within the deluge logs and delugevpn wont launch with VPN enabled, but if disabled it allows me to access the web interface.

i have tried several OVPN files, have rebooted unraid itself no change 
you can see the current OVPN files i am using and the credentials.conf file within the OVPN path  

recently updated to unraid 6.12.1 - originally was working 
rolled back to 6.11.5 and restore appdata from a backup on same day i upgraded and still doing this

can someone please advice on how to fix this

if you need anything else let me know

image.thumb.png.95f855716931bbdf9078624c48b90214.png
image.png.ecb221d9eba3a0191aff639b9e7dbcf5.png

Edited by LoyalScotsman
On 7/2/2023 at 1:45 AM, Alec.Dalessandro said:

I've just started experiencing this yesterday. I thought it might be because I upgraded 6.9.1 to 6.12.2 but not entirely sure how that could happen. Essentially, peers get connected for about 3 seconds, and then disappear again. No logs at all.

EDIT: I'd remembered that after updating Unraid one of the downloads finished, and there was an error in moving it to the completed folder. On a hunch, I decided to delete all the Downloads/* folders (completed, incomplete etc etc) and stop/start deluge. Everything now working. Highly recommend doing this. Bit odd that there were no errors or anything coming through in the logs?

Edited by nitha
20 hours ago, Alec.Dalessandro said:

I have just gave this a try using the version you have indicated but it didn't seem to correct my issue.

You mentioned recreating the setup at a new host?? May I ask what you did in this fashion as os this jsut a minor detail?

I copied across all the files from my old host to my new one (the data dir, the config dir, the shell script I used to start the docker instance), then ran the same shell script to start it up (see below)

It grabbed the latest docker image successfully and it all came up: the same torrents, the same configuration.  
But it wouldn't download at more than 5k, and even that was sporadic.  
Then i killed that docker instance, and reran the docker run command, but instead of just the bare image name, I specified the old 2.0.5 version and it worked fine.  
Then I skipped forward through the release versions until it stopped working and went back one, so I have the most recent version that works for me:

docker run -d \
                  --cap-add=NET_ADMIN \
                  -p 8112:8112 \
                  -p 8118:8118 \
                  -p 58846:58846 \
                  -p 58946:58946 \
                  --name=delugevpn \
                  -v /media/storage/fileshare:/data \
                  -v /home/delugevpnuser/docker/delugevpn/config:/config \
                  -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro \
                  -e VPN_ENABLED=yes \
                  -e VPN_USER=xxxxxxxxxxxx \
                  -e VPN_PASS=yyyyyyyyyy \
                  -e VPN_PROV=pia \
                  -e VPN_CLIENT=openvpn \
                  -e STRICT_PORT_FORWARD=yes \
                  -e ENABLE_PRIVOXY=yes \
                  -e LAN_NETWORK=192.168.1.100/24,172.17.0.0/24,192.168.3.0/24 \
                  -e NAME_SERVERS=84.200.69.80,37.235.1.174,1.1.1.1,37.235.1.177,84.200.70.40,1.0.0.1 \
                  -e DELUGE_DAEMON_LOG_LEVEL=info \
                  -e DELUGE_WEB_LOG_LEVEL=info \
                  -e VPN_INPUT_PORTS=1234 \
                  -e VPN_OUTPUT_PORTS=5678 \
                  -e DEBUG=false \
                  -e UMASK=000 \
                  -e PUID=0 \
                  -e PGID=0 \
                  --restart=unless-stopped \
                  binhex/arch-delugevpn:2.1.1-1-02

I'm prepared to believe this is a ovpn config issue, but I've grabbed the latest files from PIA and compared it, there's no discernable change.

Edit to expand on this:

Version 2.1.1-1-02:

1819563910_Deluge2.1.1-1-022023-07-04.thumb.png.d782744e858516f01a2f3502cd27b590.png

Version 2.1.1-4-01:

1021958837_Deluge2.1.1-4-012023-07-04.thumb.png.954eb3a6823abd5e1ac2ed4cc4c6173e.png

Edited by delugevpnuser
added images
12 hours ago, nitha said:

I've just started experiencing this yesterday. I thought it might be because I upgraded 6.9.1 to 6.12.2 but not entirely sure how that could happen. Essentially, peers get connected for about 3 seconds, and then disappear again. No logs at all.

EDIT: I'd remembered that after updating Unraid one of the downloads finished, and there was an error in moving it to the completed folder. On a hunch, I decided to delete all the Downloads/* folders (completed, incomplete etc etc) and stop/start deluge. Everything now working. Highly recommend doing this. Bit odd that there were no errors or anything coming through in the logs?

So this seems to have corrected my issues as well. I removed all sub-directories underneath /downloads then stop/started the container and now seems to work accordingly.

That is quite interesting as I recently did a few upgrades and I think this broke on my when I completed those. Originally I was on unraid V6.9.2 to V6.11.5 so I am wondering if something in an update broke a permission or something of this nature.

This seems to be very odd but never the less, I am back up and running. Appreciate the help. <3