[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

3 hours ago, binhex said:

...or flip to another endpoint.

I'm fine with just waiting as it pretty much always does eventually connect.

But, out of curiosity, how would i change the endpoint?  I can see from the log file that it's connecting to nl-amsterdam.privacy.network but I can't see any settings in the docker setup that relate to this location.

Again, no issue for me to just wait and maybe try again, since I don't restart the server very often, I'm mostly just curious.

thanks

I have manged to get deluged to work perfectly with my VPN provider (NordVPN using custom setting) and can connect through the web interface, download torrents with good speed etc but cant for the world get remote connection over port 58846 to work (I am trying to connect over my local LAN not through Internet/VPN).

I have added a line to "auth" file ("user:password:10") and using the web GUI preferences deamon enabled "remote connection" and verified that the port is indeed 58846 but still no luck...

Using the connection manager in the WebGUI I can connect to 127.1.1.0:58846 with my defined user name and password so that part seems to work but if I use the servers real IP it does not work from the GUI either suggesting to me this could be a networking issue with the container but I do not know how to debug it further...

3 hours ago, strike said:

That's your issue. You have 2 options when using custom br0. 

1. Don't specify a IP adress 

2. Forget about using the webui and use the thin client instead 

Or change your network type to bridge. 

Ok, switching to bridge did the trick. Has there been some change why custom br0 with the ip is not supported anymore? I've had that running for quite some time without issues.

20 minutes ago, lema said:

Ok, switching to bridge did the trick. Has there been some change why custom br0 with the ip is not supported anymore? I've had that running for quite some time without issues.

Not AFAIK, it has been that way since the start. But yes, you're correct it can work, sometimes.. I too had it working for a long time, then I changed network hardware and I couldn't get it to work anymore. Nothing else changed, just the hardware. So now I'm using the thin client instead. I suppose it can be firewall releated, but I couldn't find my firewall was blocking either. 

32 minutes ago, NAS-newbie said:

I have manged to get deluged to work perfectly with my VPN provider (NordVPN using custom setting) and can connect through the web interface, download torrents with good speed etc but cant for the world get remote connection over port 58846 to work (I am trying to connect over my local LAN not through Internet/VPN).

I have added a line to "auth" file ("user:password:10") and using the web GUI preferences deamon enabled "remote connection" and verified that the port is indeed 58846 but still no luck...

Using the connection manager in the WebGUI I can connect to 127.1.1.0:58846 with my defined user name and password so that part seems to work but if I use the servers real IP it does not work from the GUI either suggesting to me this could be a networking issue with the container but I do not know how to debug it further...

You're sure you don't have another line in the auth file that is not commented out? Can you post the content of the auth file? 

5 minutes ago, strike said:

You're sure you don't have another line in the auth file that is not commented out? Can you post the content of the auth file? 

As I mentioned the user name and password I have provided in the auth file do work when I connect using the connection manager in the web interface to 127.0.0.1:58846 so in my view that file cant be the problem - and yes I am sure there are no other lines in the auth except the default one and the one I added.

3 minutes ago, NAS-newbie said:

As I mentioned the user name and password I have provided in the auth file do work when I connect using the connection manager in the web interface to 127.0.0.1:58846 so in my view that file cant be the problem - and yes I am sure there are no other lines in the auth except the default one and the one I added.

But have you commented out the default one? And just to clearify, you're trying to connect with the thin client right? I'm asking because you only mention the webui in your post. The 58846 port is for connecting to the daemon with the thin client. If the auth file is correct and in the right place it should work. There was another user having almost the same issue not long ago, but he had puth the auth file in the wrong place. 

18 minutes ago, NAS-newbie said:

I had NOT commented out the default one (for localclient) nor have I done so on my raspberry Pi where I currently run deluge and where I CAN connect to 58846 remotely without any problem.

Just to verify I tried commenting out the default line (and restart the container) but this did NOT make any difference except that I then cant log in using localclient either any longer in the connection manager of the web gui).

Should it not be the point that you CAN have multiple deluge users by having several lines in this file?!

4 minutes ago, NAS-newbie said:

Should it not be the point that you CAN have multiple deluge users by having several lines in this file?!

It should, but I have found out that's not the case,remember having this issue myself loong ago. Also you should stop the container before making any changes, then restart it. I have serveral times changed the core.conf file while the container was running then restarted, and found the changes was not sticking. 

4 hours ago, strike said:

It should, but I have found out that's not the case,remember having this issue myself loong ago. Also you should stop the container before making any changes, then restart it. I have serveral times changed the core.conf file while the container was running then restarted, and found the changes was not sticking. 

Found the problem - my deluge thin client was too old so it refused to connect to the newer version installed on my UnRAID server.

On 2/3/2023 at 12:09 PM, binhex said:

@JustinChase well i had a little time to polish this up a bit, so i have now included the code to flip flop between turning the deluge web ui password prompt off and on again, if you wish to test this then do the following:-

1. change the repository from 'binhex/arch-delugevpn' to 'binhex/arch-delugevpn:test-disable-prompt' (will be pushed to tag latest once confirmed working).
  2. click on 'Add another Path, Port, Variable, Label or Device' at the bottom and select 'config type' 'variable'
  3. enter 'key' of 'DELUGE_ENABLE_WEBUI_PASSWORD' and 'value' of 'no' to turn off prompt and 'yes' to turn back on.
  4. select add and then hit apply

note:- the default is of course 'yes', please ensure you have alternative security in place if you do set this to no.

This has now been pushed to tag latest, if you want to use the new feature then please do the procedure above ignoring step 1. (now tag latest).

• Like 2

I updated to the latest release and am not receiving this error on docker startup.

2023-02-04 21:02:53,906 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Starting OpenVPN (non daemonised)...

2023-02-04 21:02:53,910 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Options error: Unrecognized option or missing or extra parameter(s) in /config/openvpn/16.ovpn:34: ncp-disable (2.6.0)

would love some assistance. if there is any other data needed please let me know

5 hours ago, jchase222 said:

I updated to the latest release and am not receiving this error on docker startup.

Options error: Unrecognized option or missing or extra parameter(s) in /config/openvpn/16.ovpn:34: ncp-disable (2.6.0)

would love some assistance. if there is any other data needed please let me know

It looks like the same issue I was having. For whatever reason (possibly because keysize was depreciated), the new version really does not like the keysize variable in ovpn files anymore, so you have to go into the ovpn file for your tunnel (it'll be in your appdata/binhex-delugevpn/openvpn folder) with your text editor of choice and either remove that line (make sure not to leave a blank line there), or add a # in front of it to turn it into a comment, so it gets ignored. If that fixes it, please let us know.

Edited by Kaonashi
9 hours ago, jchase222 said:

I had this exact issue.

I had to remove "ncp disable" from my ovpn file and now it works fine.

4 hours ago, Kaonashi said:

It looks like the same issue I was having. For whatever reason (possibly because keysize was depreciated), the new version really does not like the keysize variable in ovpn files anymore, so you have to go into the ovpn file for your tunnel (it'll be in your appdata/binhex-delugevpn/openvpn folder) with your text editor of choice and either remove that line (make sure not to leave a blank line there), or add a # in front of it to turn it into a comment, so it gets ignored. If that fixes it, please let us know.

My ovpn file didn't have this option in it.

Edited by carnivorebrah
  • Thanks 2
8 hours ago, Kaonashi said:

Hey, I found my way here as I'm having the exact same issue as jchase222 [edit: my issue is with the keysize line, not ncp-disable which I don't have, but the error is otherwise the same]. Removing the keysize line or adding a # gives me a different error:

2023-02-05 15:33:27,699 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
2023-02-05 15:33:27 DEPRECATED OPTION: --cipher set to 'AES-256-CBC' but missing in --data-ciphers (AES-256-GCM:AES-128-GCM:CHACHA20-POLY1305). OpenVPN ignores --cipher for cipher negotiations.
2023-02-05 15:33:27 OpenVPN 2.6.0 [git:makepkg/b999466418dddb89+] x86_64-pc-linux-gnu [SSL (OpenSSL)] [LZO] [LZ4] [EPOLL] [PKCS11] [MH/PKTINFO] [AEAD] built on Jan 25 2023
2023-02-05 15:33:27 library versions: OpenSSL 3.0.7 1 Nov 2022, LZO 2.10
2023-02-05 15:33:27,699 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
2023-02-05 15:33:27 neither stdin nor stderr are a tty device and you have neither a controlling tty nor systemd - can't ask for 'Enter Auth Username:'.  If you used --daemon, you need to use --askpass to make passphrase-protected keys work, and you can not use --auth-nocache.
2023-02-05 15:33:27 Exiting due to fatal error
2023-02-05 15:33:27,701 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:

Edited by krazykraz01
21 hours ago, krazykraz01 said:

neither stdin nor stderr are a tty device and you have neither a controlling tty nor systemd - can't ask for 'Enter Auth Username:'.

you are using a password protected keyfile, you need to remove the pass phrase from the key (cert)

I updated to the latest to version today and I kept getting the same log error over and over:

2023-02-07 13:13:43,642 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Options error: Unrecognized option or missing or extra parameter(s) in /config/openvpn/my_expressvpn_usa_-_washington_dc_udp.ovpn:20: keysize (2.6.0)
Use --help for more information.

I was not able to access the Web UI.  I first tried a couple different end points by changing the ovpn file.  That did not work.  I then rolled back the docker 2.1.1-3-01 and it worked fine. 

I didn't want too to settle for that after some reading on here I just put a # in front of "keysize 256" to comment it out.  And it works fine not sure if that will be something we will have to adjust in future updates.  If someone is smarter on me and can explain why it is doing this on this version I am always looking to understand how things work.  

Keysize.JPG.57bca5c02cb56398c315febf0621e0ab.JPG

I just wanted to have a simple post in case someone else has this issue as well with the latest update.  Credit to krazykraz01, jchase222, carnivorebrah, Kaonashi for posting and pointing me in the right direction.  My log file seems to have a different error then theirs but the fix is the same.  

Edited by DeepSee
On 2/5/2023 at 3:15 PM, jchase222 said:

Same issue here since the latest update.

Can someone guess which option might be unrecognised in my .ovpn file?  Or is there a list of depreciated options in this latest version somewhere so I can figure it out for myself?  Here's the config in my .ovpn file:

dev tun
fast-io
persist-key
nobind
remote (Hidden)

remote-random
pull
comp-lzo no
tls-client
verify-x509-name Server name-prefix
ns-cert-type server
key-direction 1
route-delay 2
tun-mtu 1500
fragment 1300
mssfix 1200
verb 3
cipher AES-256-CBC
keysize 256
auth SHA512
sndbuf 524288
rcvbuf 524288
auth-user-pass credentials.conf

Any help would be most appreciated.

Same issue here since the latest update.

Can someone guess which option might be unrecognised in my .ovpn file?  Or is there a list of depreciated options in this latest version somewhere so I can figure it out for myself?  Here's the config in my .ovpn file:
dev tunfast-iopersist-keynobindremote (Hidden)remote-randompullcomp-lzo notls-clientverify-x509-name Server name-prefixns-cert-type serverkey-direction 1route-delay 2tun-mtu 1500fragment 1300mssfix 1200verb 3cipher AES-256-CBCkeysize 256auth SHA512sndbuf 524288rcvbuf 524288auth-user-pass credentials.conf

Any help would be most appreciated.

Look at the /config/supervisord.log it will tell you which option is the problem

Sent from my 22021211RG using Tapatalk