[Plugin] CA Fix Common Problems

On 9/30/2022 at 1:40 AM, MammothJerk said:

I recently started getting the error

"Share " " contains only spaces which is illegal Windows systems."

and the button to "Ignore error" is not responding when i click on it. tried in both edge and firefox

Did you find the share? Then simply delete/rename it! I had this error pointing to a directory "/" above "appdata", left over from a hanging "delete network share" action.

I had to go -> console -> mc -> /mnt/user and delete it there (from the command line). Also in my case the button "ignore" did not work.

Edited by azche24
On 2/5/2023 at 4:39 PM, ford.anthonyj said:

FCP keeps informing me that my system is throwing an MCE error, but I can't seem to figure out what it might be.

Here's the full diagnostic.

leviathan-diagnostics-20230205-1528.zip 98.79 kB · 0 downloads

Feb  5 15:12:01 Leviathan mcelog: failed to prefill DIMM database from DMI data
Feb  5 15:12:01 Leviathan mcelog: Kernel does not support page offline interface

BIOS update might fix.  Otherwise safe to ignore

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2022 at 8:46 AM, Squid said:

Extended Tests are now removed from FCP

Extended tests had their use a number of years ago, but nowadays

1. No matter what you do it's a given that it will always return issues
  2. Those issues are not "real" per se
  3. They're primarily tests for SMB compatibility, (and any errors are once again not "real" issues)
  4. It takes forever to run

FCP Error:  * **Out Of Memory errors detected on your server**

I suspect it was a nordlynx container, which i wasn't using anyway, and looked funny so i removed it.  But please let me know if there is something else here?  Thanks!

EDIT: now contains older diag file from before I removed nordlynx

unraid-diagnostics-20230225-1100.zip

unraid-diagnostics-20230223-0528.zip

Edited by btrcp2000
Added a diag file from before nordlynx removal
1 hour ago, btrcp2000 said:

I'm down to one functioning VM, no Dockers due to this memory issue.

How much RAM did you leave open for Unraid? Your sig says you have 32GB RAM, perhaps you need to lower your VM's allocation. Oftentimes the best performance is obtained by reserving only the minimum necessary for the VM to function, and allow Unraid to use the majority of the RAM for I/O caching. Try running the VM with 4 or 8GB and see how it performs.

Thanks for respionding. Sig is outdated, I now have 64gb.  The functioning VM uses 8gb.  ANother one somehow is now using 24gb, which is not something I would have set on purpose, and certainly hadnt made any changes in at least a year. That can't be helping, so I will push it back down to 8gb.  But the strange thing is that VM hadnt booted in over a week, and I was still getting OOM errors.  is that RAM reserved even if the VM isnt running?

19 minutes ago, btrcp2000 said:

is that RAM reserved even if the VM isnt running?

I don't think it should be, but sometimes memory fragmentation comes into play, where the total amount free is fine, but the largest contiguous block of memory is too small. Rebooting is the only thing I know to do in that situation.

The easiest way would be to go the Linux command line using the _> icon at the top right of the GUI and use

ls -l /mnt/*

To see what folder is there.   Chances are it is being created by a bad mapping in a volume container.

as an alternative you could use the ‘mc’ command to bring up Midnight Commander which is a simple file manager.

So I noticed fix common problems was displaying an error stating "Invalid folder addons contained within /mnt" shortly after I received an update for unassigned devices.

I was able to find this post on the forum that mentions that specific path. Is this a fix common problems plugin issue or should I post on the unassigned devices thread?

I don't have anything special going on with my instance (no ZFS etc) so I'm not sure why this would have suddenly popped up...

Edited by Reptar

I get the same message from fix common problems displaying an error stating "Invalid folder addons contained within /mnt" shortly after I received an update for unassigned devices.

Other stage behavior, I know of read errors on my one disk and will check cables over the weekend.

Further than that it seems there is another problem as my Unraid Server looses network connectivity and I cannot ping or access anything

datavault-diagnostics-20230304-0411.zip

Same to the above.

A few hours ago my server completely crashed. Plex stopped working, the docker wouldn't start, and Fix Common Problems reported an error about a file system being corrupt or read only. The times I've seen that error were because docker.img was full or cache was full. Neither of those were the case.

I tried stopping all my Docker containers to debug a possibly failing drive but Docker just crashed entirely. My array wouldn't stop because the drives were unmountable. It was stuck on a loop of trying to unmount disks. Docker containers had tasks running judging by lsof but I couldn't access anything Docker related. Ended up just running a reboot command which ended up being an unclean shutdown.

Started my array in maintenance mode, checked all the drives, no errors. There were some plugin updates (I'm guessing the recent ones for this and Unassigned Devices) so I updated.

Everything seems to be fine now except the error "Invalid folder addons contained within /mnt". This is what's there:

image.png.5bba0972ace84685792b1c3c0c947450.png

All my plugins are up to date and I still have that error. Judging by previous posts here, specifically this one:

On 3/2/2023 at 9:44 AM, jginzkey said:

Hello I am a bit stumped on how to solve this problem. I apparently have added a folder that does not belong in /mnt and my Rootfs is getting full (currently 100 % used).

Not sure how to solve this issue. Can someone point me in the right direction? I cannot seem to find how to access this files to even take a look at it.

jarvis-diagnostics-20230302-0835.zip 267.97 kB · 0 downloads

...I'm speculating the crash is related to the posts above or what the 03.03.2023 Unassigned Devices update fixed? I don't know what Rootfs is but something getting 100% full sounds like it would cause the corrupt file system or read only error that's usually from cache or docker.img being full. I've never seen a crash like this before.

Hopefully this info helps. Currently everything seems to be working fine again. Sorry for the probably unrelated post.

Edited by s449