[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

7Days to die experimental A21 server question 

I have this option set up for the beta latest  but when i try and run it  i get the below message and the server never loads  but i f i set it to regular "294420"   it works fine but its not Alpha21   any hints on what im doing wrong?

---Prepare Server---
---Moving SaveGameFolder location---
---Savegame location found---
---Moving UserDataFolder location---
---UserDataFolder location found---
---Server ready---
---Start Server---
[UnityMemory] Configuration Parameters - Can be set up in boot.config
    "memorysetup-bucket-allocator-granularity=16"
    "memorysetup-bucket-allocator-bucket-count=8"
    "memorysetup-bucket-allocator-block-size=4194304"
    "memorysetup-bucket-allocator-block-count=1"
    "memorysetup-main-allocator-block-size=16777216"
    "memorysetup-thread-allocator-block-size=16777216"
    "memorysetup-gfx-main-allocator-block-size=16777216"
    "memorysetup-gfx-thread-allocator-block-size=16777216"
    "memorysetup-cache-allocator-block-size=4194304"
    "memorysetup-typetree-allocator-block-size=2097152"
    "memorysetup-profiler-bucket-allocator-granularity=16"
    "memorysetup-profiler-bucket-allocator-bucket-count=8"
    "memorysetup-profiler-bucket-allocator-block-size=4194304"
    "memorysetup-profiler-bucket-allocator-block-count=1"
    "memorysetup-profiler-allocator-block-size=16777216"
    "memorysetup-profiler-editor-allocator-block-size=1048576"
    "memorysetup-temp-allocator-size-main=4194304"
    "memorysetup-job-temp-allocator-block-size=2097152"
    "memorysetup-job-temp-allocator-block-size-background=1048576"
    "memorysetup-job-temp-allocator-reduction-small-platforms=262144"
    "memorysetup-temp-allocator-size-background-worker=32768"
    "memorysetup-temp-allocator-size-job-worker=262144"
    "memorysetup-temp-allocator-size-preload-manager=262144"
    "memorysetup-temp-allocator-size-nav-mesh-worker=65536"
    "memorysetup-temp-allocator-size-audio-worker=65536"
    "memorysetup-temp-allocator-size-cloud-worker=32768"
    "memorysetup-temp-allocator-size-gfx=262144"

Capture.PNG

Hi, 

I am running 2 Satisfactory servers. They both ran update 7 and different saves. Server 1 ran on the default ports, and server 2 ran on the default ports +1 (7778 instead of 7777). 

With the release of update 8 I wanted to try and switch one over to the experimental branch. Unfortunately, the server kept bootlooping. I assumed that I did something wrong and switched it off with the intention of fixing that later and wanting to play the game. I tried booting the server that I didn't touch, but that one was also broken. I then figured out that while I had the servers running on different ports, they were using the same Satisfactory folder in my appdata. Anyway, to fix it, I decided to remove both servers and templates and then install them again. I now can't get the second server to run properly again even though nothing should be changed. 

Server 1 is running just fine on the default ports;

image.png.b73c50d6e9449128255dd0a571de25c8.png

image.thumb.png.82c1033a2151c652bf0ec7874f1f3bdd.png

I can connect to that server and play the game. 

I then tried setting up the second server. 

I installed the container. Before installing it, I changed the ports to these values;

image.png.18790a2b884421ffc174a2eb26f4ea83.png

image.thumb.png.82a34a98b6af068e2490e65fb6fc5945.png

I did remove the old ports and then added these as instructed. The server seems to install correctly and boot. The logfile shows that it is tying to use the ports 7777 and 15000 even though I have changed those;

image.thumb.png.15f41e71ff971fc1a11bc9f13527b517.png

The server does not appear online in my game;

image.png.7f742c0212b3bc2dd7e4df4eb896948c.png

I checked the port forwarding, and found no issues. These ports have not changed and 2 days ago, both servers were running happily on these ports. I have been trying to get this to work again, but don't know what I can try. Everything seems to be as it was before. 

Does anyone know how to fix this?

12 minutes ago, workermaster said:

Unfortunately, the server kept bootlooping

Please update the container itself.

I pushed a update to the container yesterday to make it compatible with update 8

I tested both the stable and experimental branch and both are working fine on my server.

15 minutes ago, workermaster said:

I then tried setting up the second server. 

I installed the container. Before installing it, I changed the ports to these values;

Did you also change them in the config?

5 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Please update the container itself.

I pushed a update to the container yesterday to make it compatible with update 8

I tested both the stable and experimental branch and both are working fine on my server.

Did you also change them in the config?

U have updated the containers and am trying to boot into the experimental one in a few minutes. My game is now updating on Steam. 

What config file do I need to change? I am now scrolling through the Satisfactory folder in my appdata looking for config files. The only one that I have found now is the serverconfig. But if I open that with Notepad++, it only shows me weird data. 

I don't remember chaning a config file before, but it could be that I just forgot what I did back then

Edited by workermaster
10 minutes ago, workermaster said:

U have updated the containers and am trying to boot into the experimental one in a few minutes. My game is now updating on Steam. 

If it is still boot looping then the container isn‘t properly updated.

What config file do I need to change?

Sorry, I‘m currently on the go and can‘t tell drom the top of my head which one you meed to change.

I don't remember chaning a config file before, but it could be that I just forgot what I did back then

You could also do this with a startup game parameter.

EDIT: Look here at the command line options:

https://satisfactory.fandom.com/wiki/Dedicated_servers

2 minutes ago, ich777 said:

If it is still boot looping then the container isn‘t properly updated.

Sorry, I‘m currently on the go and can‘t tell drom the top of my head which one you meed to change.

You could also do this with a startup game parameter.

Ah, now I see the option. I never looked at those settings in the container template. I will add the ports there. 

I have also managed to connect to my server in update 8. Quite buggy but that is expected from the experimental branch. Thanks for your help!

• Like 1

Hello, I'm back again with probably another user error issue.

I think its related to SteamCMD? I reinstalled both steamcmd and the server files with no luck. Any ideas where I am going wrong. The error is

Loading Steam API...dlmopen steamservice.so failed: steamservice.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
dlmopen libSDL3.so.0 failed: libSDL3.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

4 hours ago, Mew said:

I reinstalled both steamcmd and the server files with no luck. Any ideas where I am going wrong. The error is

What game are we talking about?

4 hours ago, Mew said:

No such file or directory
dlmopen libSDL3.so.0 failed: libSDL3.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

This shouldn‘t prevent the dedicated server from starting, I usually don‘t include SDL because it‘s not needed for the dedicated server to work.

The full log output would be also helpful.

9 hours ago, ich777 said:

This shouldn‘t prevent the dedicated server from starting, I usually don‘t include SDL because it‘s not needed for the dedicated server to work.

The full log output would be also helpful.

There was a steam update 1-2 days ago, I also noticed this message appearing. The server still runs anyway.

10 minutes ago, IppoKun said:

There was a steam update 1-2 days ago, I also noticed this message appearing. The server still runs anyway.

Yes, but what game are we talking about?

The message was always there at least that‘s the case for some games because this library isn‘t needed for dedicated servers.

3 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Yes, but what game are we talking about?

The message was always there at least that‘s the case for some games because this library isn‘t needed for dedicated servers.

7DTD, I thought the message wasn't there before. Yesterday there was an update on 7D7D so I had to restart the container to update the server and it kinda got stuck for a while before starting updating the server files.

• Like 1

I've read the instructions about fixing a minecraft server to a specific version by downloading the correct jar file and changing the setting on the docker container.

If I wanted to fix the version on the server to the existing one, is it simply a case of changing the 'game version' to 'custom' seeing as the current server.jar is the correct version?

Also, if I then want to update it in future, would I then either need to amend the game version back to latest or upload a new jar (or either)?

Thanks

Hi there.

I've read multiple articles and it starts to feel like chasing my own tail. Never going to get it.

I'm trying to run a RUST server and installed your docker. First with my implementation and that didn't work. So started searching and came back empty handed. So removed the docker and removed the appdata part. Did a fresh install just like ich777 mentioned in this topic. But still can't connect to the server. Heck Steam says Hostname or IP adress invalid.

In my router i've fowarded:

UDP xxx.xxx.xxx.11:28015
UDP xxx.xxx.xxx.11:28016
TCP xxx.xxx.xxx.11:28017
TCP xxx.xxx.xxx.11:28018

RustServer.thumb.png.44ce9648196aaab4452c6ae2938a144e.png

I don't see any IP adress popping up in the log file. I could miss it but ich777 mentioned the last 2 lines or so.

Also have read you should wait until: "BradleyAPC Spawned". Well that I did find.

Some thing that does strike as odd: "Invalid Position: chicken.corpse"

So to summ it up: How to get it visible? I really want to host my own server, just to fool around in and to start learning the game.

I removed the docker and the appdata folder reinstalled the docker and let it run for a couple of hours. Also the docker is using CPU power as seen in the screenshot above.

21 hours ago, ich777 said:

7DTD

It was me being dumb with setting the RWG size too high.

on a side note, does anyone know if this is the proper syntax for the A21 branch?

-beta latest_experimental -batchmode -nographics -logfile 7DaysToDie_Data/output_log.txt  $@

Ignore I cant read

Edited by Mew
  • Like 1

Thanks ich77. I love the Satisfactory and 7DTD dockers and was amazed at how fast you had them updated, thank you so much!

I do have a question though, regarding 7DTD and mods. There was a folder automatically created for A21 experimental, I tried adding my own to that folder and they do not load. When I tried a single player game and added them to my local games files they worked perfect. Is there a switch I'm missing to make it work?

On 6/16/2023 at 7:03 PM, GeeBee said:

If I wanted to fix the version on the server to the existing one, is it simply a case of changing the 'game version' to 'custom' seeing as the current server.jar is the correct version?

Yes. If you follow the instructions from the template you should be good to go.

On 6/16/2023 at 7:03 PM, GeeBee said:

Also, if I then want to update it in future, would I then either need to amend the game version back to latest or upload a new jar (or either)?

The manual way would be to stop the container, replace the old .jar file with the new one and finally start the container again.

You can also set it to latest as mentioned, let it start and then set it back to custom again.

• Like 1
On 6/16/2023 at 9:43 PM, Black_SwanNL said:

I've read multiple articles and it starts to feel like chasing my own tail. Never going to get it.

How long did you let the server run? It seems that it is still starting because of the high CPU usage, the first start from RUST can take very, very, very long (I think mine took about 10 minutes and remember this was after the download from the game finished).

After the container or better speaking the server started something like that should show up (keep in mind I didn't forward the ports to the outside world, that's why you see the last message):

grafik.png.cbe196834201b062c422175849f887eb.png

As you can see the server shows up in the Steam Server browser just fine (even not forwarding the ports to the outside world) if you are adding it with YOURSERVERIP:28016

grafik.thumb.png.8d894e279697fbd142117caf15f3cfbd.png

On 6/16/2023 at 9:43 PM, Black_SwanNL said:

Also the docker is using CPU power as seen in the screenshot above.

As for the CPU usage and has nothing to do with the container this it the dedicated RUST server, however that is pretty normal IIRC for RUST, on my i5-10600 it utilizes in idle almost 8% CPU.

15 hours ago, eXoenix said:

I do have a question though, regarding 7DTD and mods. There was a folder automatically created for A21 experimental, I tried adding my own to that folder and they do not load.

Sorry but I really can't help with mods, the dedicated server runs like it would do on bare metal.

Are you sure that this isn't a client side only mod and that this server will work on a dedicated server?

I would also recommend that you join @Spectral Force's Discord server for 7DtD help because he helps me out with it since I'm really not familiar with the game: https://discord.gg/VwwYA5h

On 11/22/2022 at 1:52 PM, ich777 said:

Copy this into the GAME_ID variable:

896660 -beta public-test -betapassword yesimadebackups

and set validate to true.

After the container pulled the update (open the logs and wait that the contianer fully started) please stop it again and disable valdiation in the template again.

For some reason i cannot get this to work with Valheim Dedi, i even tried new containers and different machines and still it refuses to install the beta version. Any thoughts?

34 minutes ago, drwtrippy said:

For some reason i cannot get this to work with Valheim Dedi, i even tried new containers and different machines and still it refuses to install the beta version.

Seems to be correct.

896660 -beta public-test -betapassword "yesimadebackups"

What does the log say? Did you enable valdiation in the template too? Was the dedicated server already installed on those servers?

11 hours ago, ich777 said:

How long did you let the server run? It seems that it is still starting because of the high CPU usage, the first start from RUST can take very, very, very long (I think mine took about 10 minutes and remember this was after the download from the game finished).

This is because it is an old i5 6600K. Was my old game pc before. Saving up for a new mobo and cpu. On the wishlist is a i5 13500.

11 hours ago, ich777 said:

As you can see the server shows up in the Steam Server browser just fine (even not forwarding the ports to the outside world) if you are adding it with YOURSERVERIP:28016

grafik.thumb.png.8d894e279697fbd142117caf15f3cfbd.png

And the above is why I couldn't connect. I was trying YOURSERVERIP:28015 and not YOURSERVERIP:28016.

I feel like an idiot right now.... I thought gameport was the port to connect to. But changing it to the querry port:

works.thumb.JPG.079da19c29f12472333a369565c9ada6.JPG

And that is why sometime you need a community. You can't do and or know it all by yourself.

Thank you ich777

• Like 1
16 hours ago, ich777 said:

Seems to be correct.

896660 -beta public-test -betapassword "yesimadebackups"

What does the log say? Did you enable valdiation in the template too? Was the dedicated server already installed on those servers?

I sorted it out. There's a version bug in the latest build (217.5). it's really wonky too. I cannot connect via direct external IP or the ingame browser, It just give "Server is running older version and is not compatible". However here's the weird part...I can connect thru my FQD which resolves to the same external IP as well as i am able to connect via the direct lan IP, so the issue is clearly on their end.

Edited by drwtrippy
  • Like 1