[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

4 hours ago, ich777 said:

I've now deleted the server already but if you really want to I'll set up another instance that you can try to connect and you will see that it will indeed work.

I appreciate the offer but at this time I'll pass. I'll reach back out if more issues pop up when my friends try to connect to the server.

• Like 1
23 hours ago, ich777 said:

Sorry but you are using a lot of swear words I if my Google translate is correct and I'm not happy about that because we have forum rules here, they apply also if you are using a foreign language I would however prefer that you use Google translate and post the translation to English here, that would make my life (and maybe the life of other users here) easier because the main forum language is English...

However you should really take a look Meta Mod in combination with Source Mod since I use these to have a in game menu and change Maps, Bots, Player commands and so on.

You can also do that from the command line with RCON. :)

Sorry, I won't do a full tutorial because I only provide basic functionality, so to speak the game server itself (modding is always up to the user and I can't help with that because there are many games and even more mods for the games and I simply can't know every mod and how to even mod the game - I do for a few and try to help where I can ;) ).

However in terms of CS:GO it is a completely different story because if you would have searched for "CS:GO Unraid" on Google one of the first results is the blog post from over here. :D

i try sourcemod &metamod is not working

just try it and create a new server cstrice1.6  and you will convince yourself that it doesn't work

13 minutes ago, Corodeanu N said:

i try sourcemod &metamod is not working

Where? On CS:Source?

13 minutes ago, Corodeanu N said:

just try it and create a new server cstrice1.6  and you will convince yourself that it doesn't work

I just set it up and it is working as expected:
grafik.thumb.png.253d0375247424c9955255c2e852e346.png

I can also connect to the container without any issue. :)

Hey @ich777

I'm using your https://github.com/ich777/docker-steamcmd-server/tree/lastoasis
to set up a Last Oasis Server. And it worked for the Newest Version of the game.
Now i tryed to run an older Version the classic S4 branch.

I now that this is an Unraid Forum but i never heard about unraid before so im using Portainer.io on my Synology NAS and hope you can maybe help me to fix that error

the Container keeps restarting and its not working.
"/opt/scripts/start-server.sh: line 68: ./MistServer: No such file or directory"
Seems to be the error.

And i've tryed to fix it the last hours also with ChatGPT -.-

when i connect via SSH to my Synology NAS and use

./MistServer.sh -log -force_steamclient_link -messaging -NoLiveServer -EnableCheats -backendapiurloverride="classic-backend.last-oasis.com" -identifier=LastOasis_Classic_Docker1 -port=5555 -CustomerKey=CORRECTKEY -ProviderKey=CORRECTKEY -slots=10 -QueryPort=27015 -OverrideConnectionAddress=MYEXTERNALIP

the Server is running so it seems that the files are fine. Me and a Friend could also join the S4 Classic Server.

Here are my Docker Compose Template:

version: '3'

services:
  lastoasis:
    image: ghcr.io/ich777/steamcmd:lastoasis
    environment:
      - GAME_ID=920720 -beta classic
      - IDENTIFIER=LastOasis_Classic_Docker1
      - SRV_PASSWORD=Docker
      - SLOTS=10
      - CUSTOMER_KEY=CORRECTKEY
      - PROVIDER_KEY=CORRECTKEY
      - GAME_PARAMS=-log -force_steamclient_link -messaging -NoLiveServer -EnableCheats -backendapiurloverride="classic-backend.last-oasis.com" -identifier=LastOasis_Classic_Docker1 -port=5555 -CustomerKey=CORRECTKEY-ProviderKey=CORRECTKEY -slots=10 -QueryPort=27015
      - UID=99
      - GID=100
      - USERNAME=
      - PASSWRD=
      - BACKENDAPIURLOVERRIDE=backend.last-oasis.com

cap_add:
      - sys_nice
    volumes:
      - /volume1/docker/Steamcmd:/serverdata/steamcmd
      - /volume1/docker/LastOasis-Server:/serverdata/serverfiles

ports:
      - "5555:5555/udp"
    command: sh -c "/volume1/docker/LastOasis-Server/MistServer.sh"
    restart: unless-stopped
    stop_grace_period: 2m

Logs:

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...OK

Waiting for client config...OK

Waiting for user info...OK

Success! App '920720' already up to date.

---Prepare Server---

---Server ready---

---Start Server---

/opt/scripts/start-server.sh: line 68: ./MistServer: No such file or directory

---Ensuring UID: 99 matches user---

usermod: no changes

---Ensuring GID: 100 matches user---

usermod: no changes

---Setting umask to 000---

---Checking for optional scripts---

---No optional script found, continuing---

---Taking ownership of data...---

---Starting...---

---Update SteamCMD---

Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'

Logging directory: '/serverdata/Steam/logs'

[ 0%] Checking for available updates...

[----] Verifying installation...

Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation - version 1702079268

-- type 'quit' to exit --

Loading Steam API...dlmopen steamservice.so failed: steamservice.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

OK

Session terminated, killing shell...kill: usage: kill [-s sigspec | -n signum | -sigspec] pid | jobspec ... or kill -l [sigspec]

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...

Vintage Story docker fails to start on unstable releases?

I get the following in the log file

---Version Check---
---Newer version found, installing!---
---Successfully downloaded Vintage Story v1.19.0-rc.4.zip---
---Preparing Server---
---Checking for old logs---
---Starting Server---
Can't find game executable, putting container into sleep mode!

Is there somewhere I need to update the expected server exe filename?

1 minute ago, Vega_m57 said:

Vintage Story docker fails to start on unstable releases?

Please stop the container, delete the file: installed-1.19.0-rc.4 from the data directory from the container and after that it should pull the archive again and hopefully the container should start since nothing has changed.

The executable should be:
VintagestoryServer.exe which should be in the main directory, however if you remove the file from above and start the container again it should also work fine.

25 minutes ago, Feuerforst said:

Now i tryed to run an older Version the classic S4 branch.

Sorry but I only support running the current or at least newer versions from the dedicated server since the setup was a bit different if I remember correctly.

However to go a bit more in detail the old executable was called: "MistServer-Linux-Shipping" the new executable is called "MistServer" and this is why it is not working, it simply can't find the game executable (you where referring to the .sh file which I don't use because this could introduce other difficulties...).

Anyways, I've pushed an update to the container so that it now should start even the old server executable just fine. Please update the container itself (sorry, can't tell you how to do that on a Synology NAS) and let me know if it's working. :)

41 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Sorry but I only support running the current or at least newer versions from the dedicated server since the setup was a bit different if I remember correctly.

However to go a bit more in detail the old executable was called: "MistServer-Linux-Shipping" the new executable is called "MistServer" and this is why it is not working, it simply can't find the game executable (you where referring to the .sh file which I don't use because this could introduce other difficulties...).

Anyways, I've pushed an update to the container so that it now should start even the old server executable just fine. Please update the container itself (sorry, can't tell you how to do that on a Synology NAS) and let me know if it's working. :)

You are a Hero ❤️
I updated the container and cleaned the Temp File and now its working perfectly.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, ich777 said:

Please stop the container, delete the file: installed-1.19.0-rc.4 from the data directory from the container and after that it should pull the archive again and hopefully the container should start since nothing has changed.

The executable should be:
VintagestoryServer.exe which should be in the main directory, however if you remove the file from above and start the container again it should also work fine.

The file is re-downloaded when I restart the container, and if I disconnect from the internet the log says "unable to download updates, entering sleep mode" 

I'll stick with the stable release for now. Thank you for your time.

6 hours ago, Vega_m57 said:

and if I disconnect from the internet the log says "unable to download updates, entering sleep mode" 

But this is a completely different issue or am I wrong?

However I've pushed an update to the container, the container will download and install the unstable branch now just fine and the container should also start if you have no Internet connection.

Please update the container itself (go to the Docker page, enable Advanced View in the top right corner, click on "force update" at the container, wait for it to update and disable Advanced View again).

Hope that helps.

On 12/23/2023 at 11:08 AM, ich777 said:

IIRC you don't have to pass over everything there, you can change values in the config files too.

Are these values also reset? TBH I don't remember that these values are also reset on a server restart in the config.

Yes, normally this is the case, per the wiki, however, something is wrong. the GameUserSettings.ini appears but Game.ini does not, ok so i create it myself, gave it the same owner and permissions as the GUS file, nothing works.. any idea why the Game.ini is nonfunctional in this container?   Is there an extra setting that I am missing to enable it?

Server configuration - ARK Official Community Wiki

Game.ini

All the following options can only be set in the [/script/shootergame.shootergamemode] section of Game.ini, located in the same folder as GameUserSettings.ini (see Configuration Files for its location). Specifying them on the command line will have no effect.

****fixed this myself, didnt notice the /mnt/cache/appdata/ark-sa "default" location, this is incompatible with my build.  so even though Game.ini is there on my ZFS cache, the container cant see it because its not located at /mnt/user/appdata/ark-sa

Edited by Lrdfrd
fixed it

text  error  warn  system  array  login  

[S_API] SteamAPI_Init(): Loaded local 'steamclient.so' OK.
CAppInfoCacheReadFromDiskThread took 1 milliseconds to initialize
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 892970
SteamInternal_SetMinidumpSteamID:  Caching Steam ID:  76561197960265728 [API loaded no]
[S_API FAIL] Tried to access Steam interface SteamNetworkingUtils004 before SteamAPI_Init succeeded.
---Ensuring UID: 99 matches user---
---Ensuring GID: 100 matches user---
---Setting umask to 000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Taking ownership of data...---
---Starting...---
---Update SteamCMD---
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/serverfiles/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
Logging directory: '/serverdata/serverfiles/Steam/logs'
[  0%] Checking for available updates...
Loading Steam API...dlmopen steamservice.so failed: steamservice.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
OK

---Update Server---
---Validating installation---
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/serverfiles/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
Logging directory: '/serverdata/serverfiles/Steam/logs'
[  0%] Checking for available updates...
OK

Update state (0x5) verifying install, progress: 2.89 (40310576 / 1396527811)
 Update state (0x5) verifying install, progress: 85.24 (1190374358 / 1396527811)
Success! App '896660' fully installed.
CWorkThreadPool::~CWorkThreadPool: work complete queue not empty, 1 items discarded.
CWorkThreadPool::~CWorkThreadPool: work processing queue not empty: 1 items discarded.
---Prepare Server---
---Server ready---
---Starting Backup daemon---
---Update check deprecated!---
---Start Server---

I have had no luck having my server populate in Valheim, anything in these logs that can be an issue?

4 hours ago, keithbrakebill said:

I have had no luck having my server populate in Valheim, anything in these logs that can be an issue?

Did you restart the container a few times from what I can see in the log output correct?

These lines indicates that the server was started correctly and is waiting for connections:

[S_API] SteamAPI_Init(): Loaded local 'steamclient.so' OK.
CAppInfoCacheReadFromDiskThread took 1 milliseconds to initialize
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 892970
SteamInternal_SetMinidumpSteamID:  Caching Steam ID:  76561197960265728 [API loaded no]
[S_API FAIL] Tried to access Steam interface SteamNetworkingUtils004 before SteamAPI_Init succeeded.

(please also note that this message don't have to show up immediately and it can take some time to show up)

Can you also share a bit more information since I really can't help with that little information.

What are your settings in the template?

Have you changed anything in the template?

Do you use BepInEx or Valheim+?

I assume you enable valdiation, please disable it <- this won't basically do nothing.

If the container is not restarting it is usually started and waiting for connections.

7 hours ago, Lrdfrd said:

****fixed this myself, didnt notice the /mnt/cache/appdata/ark-sa "default" location, this is incompatible with my build.  so even though Game.ini is there on my ZFS cache, the container cant see it because its not located at /mnt/user/appdata/ark-sa

Nice, glad to hear that you've solved it.

I would strongly recommend to not use /mnt/user/... instead use the real file path like /mnt/YOURDISK/... <- you can only do that if you set the Share settings for appdata to stay on the cache and is not moved over to the Array.

I am having an issue updating my BeamMP server using the docker, I start the container, and when it gets to version check, it's unable to install the update, and goes into sleep mode. I've tried reinstalling the Docker, and force updating, but neither worked. Any other suggestions as to what can fix it?

I'm trying the stationers Container however it is very out of date and no longer works. There was a big rework of the engine and it changed how the Multiplayer works. The commands are a little different now. It no longer uses the Defualt.ini instead it can generate a settings.xml file that can hold all of the launch args instead. It can still use the updated launch args but its better with the base xml.

Hi, I am trying to set up the Arma3 server, Everything seems to have downloaded into the correct folders etc I have changed the server name and password in the config file but when i start the docker it logs into steam successfully but after 20 seconds the docker seems to restart and start the process again untill it wont log into steam anymore because to many log in attempts have happened. 

I have tried to copy the log file but everytime it restarts it closes the log, i have left everything untouched expect the server name and password i tried with ports forwarded and also not but still have the same issues have i missed a vital step?

23 hours ago, griddle said:

Any other suggestions as to what can fix it?

Please stop the container, go to the directory for BeamNG-MP and delete the files: "BeamMP-Server" & "beamngmp_v...", start the container again.

This should fix your issue.

I've tried it on my server and it is pulling updates just fine:

grafik.thumb.png.070aedc4b6d5b4a8cc511f44229f4082.png

22 hours ago, HellraiserOSU said:

When you have a chance can you give it a look? Thanks!

Thanks for the report!

I will look into that ASAP and report back.

Sorry but I'm going to deprecate this container since it causes always trouble and I'm not exactly sure why.

Anyways the main reason why it's not working is because the maintainer now switches to - instead of . at the releases for some reason and that change is not consistent on his download page/GitHub.

GitHub lists the newest release as: 8193.36.9

His download server lists the release as: 8193.36-9

Sorry for not bringing better news but I think Beamdog now also has it's own Docker for NWN:EE see here.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, W3S said:

Arma3 server

I've updated the container, please update the container itself and see if it fixes the issue (go to your Docker page in Unraid, enable Advanced View in the top right corner, click on "force update" at the container and wait for it to update, disable Advanced View).

• Like 1