[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

Is there anyway to pull save files off a satisfactory server? I was scouring the files and couldn't find any save files in them.

Trying to find them because my blueprints decided to disappear after a server restart, and I think I could bring them back if i loaded the save in a single player game and reuploaded it. I guess that's how I got them to work after initially starting the server on a previous single player game.

2 hours ago, dwellerofbog said:

Loading Steam API...dlmopen steamservice.so failed: steamservice.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

And if you read on a bit further, does it say it loaded it fine from another location?

6 hours ago, nathanlee0118 said:

AMD Opteron 6176 SE

These Opteron CPUs are missing instructions I think that Unreal Engine 5 and in particular this game needs.

6 hours ago, nathanlee0118 said:

[----] !!! Fatal Error: Steamcmd needs to be online to update.   Please confirm your network connection and try again.

However are you sure that you get the same log output since this user experienced a network error, it would always be very good to post your log.

2 hours ago, Tonborghini said:

Is there anyway to pull save files off a satisfactory server? I was scouring the files and couldn't find any save files in them.

Please look at this post:

Are you really sure that the files from your appdata share stay on the cache and not being moved to the Array if you are using the path: …/mnt/cache/appdata/… for the game files in the template?

17 minutes ago, Milhouz said:

Any chance you have a tutorial on how to update txAdmin on the FiveM Container? It's yelling that it's out of date by almost a full version.

Can you please post your ligs?

Usually you just restart the FiveM container and it will check for the latest FiveM version.

TBH I‘m not sure if the latest version from txAdmin ships with FiveM

Hi,

Does anyone know what these settings do in advanced arguments? I can't seem to find any info on them.

-usepefrthreads

-NoAsyncLoadingThread

-UseMultiThreadForDS

My Palworld server is not short of resources at all (40 CPUs and 128GB of RAM) so I'm not afraid to tune it within an inch of its life. But I can't seem to find info on these settings or how to apply them

12 minutes ago, EvilOni said:

Does anyone know what these settings do in advanced arguments? I can't seem to find any info on them.

They are there to improve performance:

grafik.png.9963b9f63f2e53a5c6455cd86f86b450.png

Source (scroll all the way down)

You can't improve what is already improved. ;)

However, the developers from the game need to fix a lot of things because the server uses a lot of CPU and RAM by default and this can be optimized, at least I think but that is something the developers from the game need to fix.

Hi @ich777,

first of alL. A big thanks for providing the Palworld Container :)

I just installed it and when I try to connect I get the error: The match you are trying to join is running an incompatible version of the game. Please try upgrading your game version?

What did I do wrong? I'm usiong the anon Steam connection.

4 minutes ago, PullAndPush said:

I just installed it and when I try to connect I get the error: The match you are trying to join is running an incompatible version of the game. Please try upgrading your game version?

Make sure that your local version is up to date.

The container checks for update on each restart, so to speak, simply restart the container if you want to update it.

BTW I have not seen that there is an update, my server currently tells me this when I issue the info command:

Welcome to Pal Server[v0.1.2.0]

and one player is currently on it playing, so I'm not too sure if there is an update necessary.

4 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Make sure that your local version is up to date.

The container checks for update on each restart, so to speak, simply restart the container if you want to update it.

BTW I have not seen that there is an update, my server currently tells me this when I issue the info command:

Welcome to Pal Server[v0.1.2.0]

and one player is currently on it playing, so I'm not too sure if there is an update necessary.

Oh gosh... There was a client update which was not showing up in Steam.

After updating it works now. So, nvm...

• Like 1
On 1/22/2024 at 5:33 PM, ich777 said:

Yes, simply forward the Port 8211 UDP in your router and you should be good to go.

thanks. it is ok!!

now there is a problem with game update, that doesn't recognize server, but there is only to wait update

42 minutes ago, Lordbye said:

now there is a problem with game update, that doesn't recognize server, but there is only to wait update

I just restarted my container about an hour ago and it was picking up the update just fine (you have to restart the container so that it pulls the update since it checks on every start from the container for new updates through steamcmd) :

Welcome to Pal Server[v0.1.3.0]

It will also tell you that in the log:

grafik.png.783b67aaa905d2e77a54e701d477d01e.png

@ich777 I just installed the server and updated the settings in the /Pal/Saved/Config/LinuxServer/PalWorldSettings.ini and they are not being detected. Each time I start the server, it tells me my public IP isn't located in the ini and then gets it again and none of my changes such as server name and updated passwords work. Any tips?

Edited by ZerkerEOD
Update path to include config

Are you making the changes with the container stopped?

The changes won't save with an active container.

Just now, ZerkerEOD said:

@ich777 I just installed the server and updated the settings in the /Pal/Saved/LinuxServer/PalWorldSettings.ini and they are not being detected. Each time I start the server, it tells me my public IP isn't located in the ini and then gets it again and none of my changes such as server name and updated passwords work. Any tips?

• Like 1

I also have issues with the Palworld container at the moment. I restarted the container to get the v0.1.3.0 update, I even have validate files set to `true`, but the server ain't updating. I even removed the Palworld server Binary files (/palworld/Pal/Binaries/Linux), but it still didn't validate or update. Currently completely removing `steamcmd` and `palworld` from appdata and restored a save backup to see if that fixes something.

@ich777

14 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I just restarted my container about an hour ago and it was picking up the update just fine (you have to restart the container so that it pulls the update since it checks on every start from the container for new updates through steamcmd) :

Welcome to Pal Server[v0.1.3.0]

Would this then be the right way to force it to stay on v0.1.2.0?
image.thumb.png.cd43f9c061191659af36384b7af21034.png

Edited by HiTman4Reason
2 minutes ago, Dyon said:

Currently completely removing `steamcmd` and `palworld` from appdata and restored a save backup to see if that fixes something.

That will also do the trick.

It should also work if you stop the container, remove the steamapps folder and then start the container again.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, ZerkerEOD said:

Yes, I stop the container then I upload the new config (don't know of a way to update it inside unraid, then start the server again. It keeps telling me it can't find the config.

What editor do you use to edit the files?

Please also make sure that the files stay on the cache and are not moved to the Array if you are using the path .../mnt/cache/appdata/...

Please also read this post for more information on the /mnt/cache path:

Other than that, on what Unraid version are you?

4 minutes ago, ich777 said:

What editor do you use to edit the files?

Please also make sure that the files stay on the cache and are not moved to the Array if you are using the path .../mnt/cache/appdata/...

Please also read this post for more information on the /mnt/cache path:

Other than that, on what Unraid version are you?

Sweet, I don't use my cache drive except to cache. I have a separate drive that I keep all my appdata on and I forgot to change the path. Changing the path to mine /mnt/user/appdata/palword fixed my issues. Looks like it was trying to find the file inside appdata but was looking on the cache drive which didn't have it. I am good to go now, I use VS Code, but if you know a way to open and edit ini files inside unraid I would love to know. Would make life way easier in the future to make quick updates.

1 minute ago, ZerkerEOD said:

if you know a way to open and edit ini files inside unraid I would love to know.

I use most of the times nano or connect through SMB or SFTP to the server and change the necessary files with gedit <- but that would also work with the default Editor or Notepad++ (...and yes, I'm a pure Linux user <- Debian to be precise and even use to play games on it... :D TBH I have Windows installed on a external drive too for VR and 3D modelling in Fusion 360).