[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Would you mind upgrading to Unraid 6.12.6 since this is the old way of how the Cache works.

No, if it is set up not correctly then it is possible that is not working how it‘s intended.

Can you go a bit more in detail on how you did that please?

I really don‘t understand you can only vonnect with a password or without a password?

Please keep in mind that I don‘t recomment complex passwords (with special characters in it) since it can completely mess up the config file.

I upgraded my Unraid, didn't know there was a new version.

I completely removed the docker again, and deleted all the files. Then I installed it again, without changing anything.

Now I can connect fine, with the default password 'Docker', and an error if I dont put one. All is well.

Then I switch the save folder with my backup, so the world and the players. And now the password protection is no longer working.

To be clear what that means: I can connect to the server without checking the box to enter a password, but I can also connect by checking it, and entering anything into the field, the right one, a wrong one, or nothing at all.

So I guess something is wrong with my save? I guess I'm just gonna live with that then.

26 minutes ago, reygok said:

So I guess something is wrong with my save? I guess I'm just gonna live with that then.

Maybe but maybe try to first set it to an empty password in the config, play a bit, then shut down the server, after that change the config to include a password, start the server again and then try to connect with the password.

I can‘t reproduce this behavior on my server… sorry…

32 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

libs need to be installed using the package manager

@sanbje

This can be done woth the user.sh

Create a file on the host with whatever command line parameters needed, mount that script into the container to /opt/scripts/user.sh and it will be executed each time the container starts as root.

Just now, Psyonicar said:

I have a problem with the palworld server, if i change setting in the palworldsetting.ini they dont have any effect.

Because they are reset in the config or what is exactly the issue? :D

It is really hard for me to troubleshoot with that little information.

1 minute ago, ich777 said:

Because they are reset in the config or what is exactly the issue? :D

It is really hard for me to troubleshoot with that little information.

no the changes I make stay in the file. for example I changed the servers name, but this and all other changes have no effect

Just now, Psyonicar said:

i changed BaseCampWorkerMaxNum=25 from a standard 15 which was the easiest way for me to tell if it works 

And are you sure that this is a valid amount? What about the server name or the password do these settings apply?

1 minute ago, Psyonicar said:

the amount is valid. i changed the servers name in the file but it doesnt take effect, 

Are you also sure that the config file doesn't exist two times on your Unraid machine one time on the Cache and one time on the Array? <- You have to physically go to the cache path on your server and look if there is also a file that maybe looks different, it would not be the first time that I would see that...

I assume your appdata share is set to use the Cache but primary is the Array correct?

What do the logs say?

27 minutes ago, Psyonicar said:

The IP in the file is consistant with the IP iam acutally using so that part is correct

Please look on disk1 and disk2 if there are two config files.

I would strongly recommend do only use one disk for that specific share since it makes troubleshooting so hard and it just can be something like that?

Did you maybe change the format from the config ini? I just tried it (again) and changing the Servername/Password/AdminPassword is working just fine, sorry I don't have more time to play and test in game since if these settings stick the others will usually too.

I don't think this has been reported yet but ich777's Palworld container is no longer compatible w/ the current version of Palworld. It looks like Palworld pushed an update 6 days ago to v0.1.4.1 that breaks compatibility w/ older sever versions. I am running stock (unmodded) ich777 Palworld container which seems to have been last updated 18 days ago (Jan 25th).image.thumb.png.d063458f5c375cef39edd014edab62f4.png

14 minutes ago, SnugglyDino said:

I don't think this has been reported yet but ich777's Palworld container is no longer compatible w/ the current version of Palworld. It looks like Palworld pushed an update 6 days ago to v0.1.4.1 that breaks compatibility w/ older sever versions. I am running stock (unmodded) ich777 Palworld container which seems to have been last updated 18 days ago (Jan 25th).image.thumb.png.d063458f5c375cef39edd014edab62f4.png

Is that the container itself when he added the backup feature?  Bc I updated to 0.1.4.1 and my server is running fine & I have avg of 10 players. One of them will let me know when it needs a restart or update. No issues thus far.

There were some people having an issue updating and a solution was metioned with in the last few pages of this thread.

Something about stopping the container, deleting all folders/files in the appdata/palworld, except the Pal folder and restarting the container to get a fresh download of the server files.

Also if the cobtainer is on the array instead of cache, that will cause issues if it its on multiple disks. 

The containers rarely need updating for game servers unless they are edited and re composed. 

Edited by Spectral Force
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, Psyonicar said:

the amount is valid. i changed the servers name in the file but it doesnt take effect, 

image.png.7d504117c5e9f667e0a71b7639ee40ba.png

I believe 20 is the actual max allowed since it scales with your Base level. You need base level 16 in order to have 16 pals, so on and so forth. Though, I have stopped using the ini edit and have started using palworldoptions.com instead to update the .sav file that overrides the ini file. Do this at your own risk however since it's a third party site that creates the file for you.

49 minutes ago, SnugglyDino said:

Have you restarted the docker in order to push an update to the server?

• Like 1
4 hours ago, SnugglyDino said:

I don't think this has been reported yet but ich777's Palworld container is no longer compatible w/ the current version of Palworld. It looks like Palworld pushed an update 6 days ago to v0.1.4.1 that breaks compatibility w/ older sever versions. I am running stock (unmodded) ich777 Palworld container which seems to have been last updated 18 days ago (Jan 25th).

I really don‘t understand, my container checks for updates on every start from the dedicated server itself. Most of my containers are self maintaining and need to be updated very rarely itself since they pull imupdates on their own.

If it doesn‘t pull the latest update automatically because of some AdBlocking or other related issue on your system please stop the container, delete everything from the palworld directory except for the „Pal“ directory and start the container afterwards.

This post is almost the same as @Spectral Force‘s post because he is simply correct in everything he says in his post.

11 hours ago, ich777 said:

I really don‘t understand, my container checks for updates on every start from the dedicated server itself. Most of my containers are self maintaining and need to be updated very rarely itself since they pull imupdates on their own.

If it doesn‘t pull the latest update automatically because of some AdBlocking or other related issue on your system please stop the container, delete everything from the palworld directory except for the „Pal“ directory and start the container afterwards.

This post is almost the same as @Spectral Force‘s post because he is simply correct in everything he says in his post.

Thank you for yours and @Spectral Force's the very quick responses. After restarting the container everything seems to be working. I now also have a better understanding of how the game server containers work. Thank you.

• Like 1

Hey, big fan of your game servers. Currently trying to set up a CS2 server for practice games. Dumb question: how do I access the server console? The docker console obviously gets me into the docker running the game server, but I have no idea how to get from there into the actual CS2 dedicated server running it.

(i'm aware that ingame works with rcon, but i'd like to be able to directly access it, especially with rcon being limited in the current version of the game)