[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

29 minutes ago, Mrtj18 said:

But I have had the same issue.

No issue over here:
grafik.thumb.png.ce206997e95438732d8b882169956738.png

Are you able to connect through the LAN tab to your server to work around that you can't join.

I think your issue is NAT reflection. If you are on pfSense or OPNsense you have to configure it that it works properly.

4 hours ago, ich777 said:

No issue over here:
grafik.thumb.png.ce206997e95438732d8b882169956738.png

Are you able to connect through the LAN tab to your server to work around that you can't join.

I think your issue is NAT reflection. If you are on pfSense or OPNsense you have to configure it that it works properly.

I don't have pfsense or anything like that running on my network. Only thing I have running is pihole to block ads. And I have my server i.p. whitelisted with pihole so it does not interrupt unraid services I have running.

The server is only visible on my Internet tab. Nothing appears in my lan section. So the Internet section is the only way I can attempt to connect.

53 minutes ago, Mrtj18 said:

The server is only visible on my Internet tab. Nothing appears in my lan section. So the Internet section is the only way I can attempt to connect.

Sorry but then something is most likely wrong on your network, the server should show up in the in game server browser in your LAN if you've left the ports at default.

I can connect fine from over here to your server as shown in the screenshot above...

6 hours ago, ich777 said:

Not much documentation on that error code that is visible in your log.

Seems that this is some kind of network issue.

Maybe it tried to update the container and failed like it is now the case and that's why you see the segmentation fault.

I tried again with a new error. Seems to be steamcmd related. Any tips on how to fix that? I know its not really your topic :D

/opt/scripts/start-server.sh: line 62:    56 Bus error               wget -qO ${SERVER_DIR}/Pal/Saved/Config/LinuxServer/PalWorldSettings.ini https://github.com/ich777/docker-steamcmd-server/raw/palworld/config/PalWorldSettings.ini
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/serverdata/serverfiles/Engine/Binaries/Linux/steamclient.so': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat '/serverdata/serverfiles/linux64/*': No such file or directory
---Ensuring UID: 99 matches user---
---Ensuring GID: 100 matches user---
---Setting umask to 000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Taking ownership of data...---
---Starting...---
---Update SteamCMD---
tid(34) burning pthread_key_t == 0 so we never use it
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
Logging directory: '/serverdata/Steam/logs'
minidumps folder is set to /tmp/dumps
[  0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
[  0%] Downloading update...
UpdateUI: skip show logo[----] !!! Fatal Error: Steamcmd needs to be online to update. Please confirm your network connection and try again.
src/tier0/threadtools.cpp (3710) : Assertion Failed: Illegal termination of worker thread 'Thread(0x0x56bec850/0x0x2a5ffb'
---Update Server---
tid(47) burning pthread_key_t == 0 so we never use it
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
Logging directory: '/serverdata/Steam/logs'
minidumps folder is set to /tmp/dumps
[----] Verifying installation...
[  0%] Downloading update...
UpdateUI: skip show logo[----] !!! Fatal Error: Steamcmd needs to be online to update. Please confirm your network connection and try again.
src/tier0/threadtools.cpp (3710) : Assertion Failed: Illegal termination of worker thread 'Thread(0x0x56c30850/0x0x2a5ffb'
---Checking if configuration is in place---
---Configuration not found, downloading...---
---Checking if PublicIP is in place---
---No PublicIP found in PalWorldSettings.ini, trying to obtain it...---
---Sucessfully obtained PublicIP: MYIP, adding to PalWorldSettings.ini
---Prepare Server---
---Server ready---
---Starting Backup daemon---
---Start Server---
---Something went wrong, can't find the executable, putting container into sleep mode!---

EDIT: ok it was steamcmd. The ol' "delete the folder and start again" did work this time. Deleted the steamcmd Folder in Appdata. Now the container downloaded just fine. I will have to put the backuped Save into it but I expect it to work just fine. Sorry for the confusion! :D

Edited by BrainlessDude
  • Like 1

Its me again but not with a stupid problem this time! :D

I wanted to ask you (ich777) if you could provide a Palworld Server version running the Windows Server using Wine/Proton? The Windows Server supports mods but the Linux version doesnt. I dont know how much of an effort it would be and I understand if you dont want to take on this project aswell but I wanted to try asking you. 

Anyway: Thanks for all your great gameservers and the support!

Edited by BrainlessDude
4 hours ago, BrainlessDude said:

Its me again but not with a stupid problem this time! :D

I wanted to ask you (ich777) if you could provide a Palworld Server version running the Windows Server using Wine/Proton? The Windows Server supports mods but the Linux version doesnt. I dont know how much of an effort it would be and I understand if you dont want to take on this project aswell but I wanted to try asking you. 

Anyway: Thanks for all your great gameservers and the support!

I'd be surprised if Ich would create this. He already has over 200 containers & plugins that he supports. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, BrainlessDude said:

Palworld Server version running the Windows Server using Wine

No, that doesn't make a lot of sense for me. I assume someone else already did a container running WINE.

8 hours ago, BrainlessDude said:

Proton

I really don't get why people requesting Proton... Proton is just a toolcase which includes WINE and various other scripts to make Windows game run on Linux and where it shines is on a Desktop where it can utilize the graphics API.

Proton is just a fancy name... ;)

Hi !

I rty to install Thunderbird but, problem, it doesn't word :

--Ensuring UID: 99 matches user---
---Ensuring GID: 100 matches user---
---Setting umask to 000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Checking configuration for noVNC---
Nothing to do, noVNC resizing set to default
Nothing to do, noVNC qaulity set to default
Nothing to do, noVNC compression set to default
---Taking ownership of data...---
---Starting...---
---Thunderbird not found!---
---Downloading Thunderbird "latest"---

Is it a VNC problem ? And why "Thunderbird not found!" ?

Thanks ;)

1 hour ago, PicPoc said:

Is it a VNC problem ? And why "Thunderbird not found!" ?

Please post in the correct support forums.

Go to your Docker page, click on the contain icon, click on Support.

Is this the full log output?

What are the contents of the thunderbird folder in your appdata directory?

Oops !! Sorry, yep', I was in the clouds !

Yes, that's the full log when I clic on the docker "Logs".
But, I think it's because I had install the other Docker Thunderbird. Two thunderbird docker on the same server doesn't rules...
Sorry for the noise, I will come back in an another thread about your docker.
Thank you ;)

7 hours ago, MassimoMx said:

Did anyone complain about the Palworld Container making unraid unstable and freezing it? 

Not really if you word it like that.

Palworld consumes a lot of resources.

On my server it produces about 10 to 20% CPU usage (Intel i9-10900) and consumes with 9 to 10 players on it about 35GB of RAM.

Of course, if a user has only 32 or even some times 64GB of RAM installed and he starts a memory hungry application in combination with Palworld running then you run into OOM errors and your server kills applications.

I never had an issue with Palworld and it‘s running on my server since day one.

1 hour ago, OfficalStix said:

For the life of me I cannot configre CS2 server, no matter what I do, can someone explain where to enter all the server config?

It would be helpful to know what you've done so far...?

12 hours ago, OfficalStix said:

Am i missing something?

You should really read the docs here.

GAME_PARAMS in the template is everything that get's appended and so to speak the command line.

You can also create a server.cfg file but you have to explicitly tell the server to use it. There are countless threads/posts about configuring a CS2 dedicated server with a server.cfg out there.

• Confused 1

Does the Valheim docker container need to be updated or something? I restarted my container and now I'm getting this when trying to start it. Made another container and it's doing the same thing.image.png.073406227ff060f14b5c6f3c190207ee.png

Edit: Yeah apparently Thunderstore updated their link structure this morning.

@ich777 I believe references to https://valheim.thunderstore.io/api/experimental/package/denikson/BepInExPack_Valheim/ need to be replaced with https://thunderstore.io/api/experimental/package/denikson/BepInExPack_Valheim/, dropping the subdomain.

Edited by kadrek
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, kadrek said:

Thunderstore updated their link structure this morning.

I‘ll look into this ASAP.

The container is now updated, please update the container itself and it should work again.

13 hours ago, ich777 said:

I‘ll look into this ASAP.

The container is now updated, please update the container itself and it should work again.

That was fast! It works, thanks!

Just curious, I found the references to Thunderstore in the start_server.sh and was thinking about editing my start_server.sh with the new Thunderstore link. I noticed my start_server.sh is an extremely small file compared to the start_server.sh on GitHub and the world name and password are not what my server actually uses. Same with the start_server_bepinex.sh file.

Which file is the server executing when it starts/which one does it read the world name/pw from?

10 hours ago, kadrek said:

I noticed my start_server.sh is an extremely small file compared to the start_server.sh on GitHub

I really don't understand what you mean with that?

the world name and password are not what my server actually uses.

Can you give me references at which files you where looking in the container?

Which file is the server executing when it starts/which one does it read the world name/pw from?

My container initially starts from start.sh and that hands off to start-server.sh but as said, we are most likely talking about different files.

On 3/18/2024 at 6:18 PM, ich777 said:

You should really read the docs here.

GAME_PARAMS in the template is everything that get's appended and so to speak the command line.

You can also create a server.cfg file but you have to explicitly tell the server to use it. There are countless threads/posts about configuring a CS2 dedicated server with a server.cfg out there.

Only way i found to make it work is not to have Validate Installation as True and then modify gamemode_XXXXXXXXXXX.cfg file depending on what game mode is set in GAME_PARAMS, the server name was albe to change from GAME_PARAMS using +hostname "Server Name".