[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

Hi, set up a Sons of the forest server a few weeks ago just to see how easy it was, could connect to the server but then left it running without playing for weeks. Today I tried to connect but couldn't find the server so I thought that maybe it's that the game has updated which I fixed by restarting but it still doesn't work. When checking the logs I see that it's complaining about the public IP being 0.0.0.0:

#DSL [Self-Tests] [Config] Dedicated Server configuration file is valid.
#DSL [Self-Tests] [Networking] Testing public accessibility...
0060:fixme:nsi:ipv6_forward_enumerate_all not implemented
0060:fixme:nsi:ipv6_forward_enumerate_all not implemented
01b4:fixme:iphlpapi:NotifyAddrChange (Handle 0000000058B70218, overlapped 0000000058B70220): stub
01d4:fixme:wbemprox:wbem_locator_ConnectServer unsupported flags
01d4:fixme:wbemprox:client_security_SetBlanket 000000006E7A0E80, 000000000266CAF0, 10, 0, (null), 3, 3, 0000000000000000, 0
01d4:fixme:wbemprox:client_security_Release 000000006E7A0E80
0060:fixme:mountmgr:harddisk_ioctl The DISK_PARTITION_INFO and DISK_DETECTION_INFO structures will not be filled
0060:fixme:mountmgr:harddisk_ioctl The DISK_PARTITION_INFO and DISK_DETECTION_INFO structures will not be filled
01d4:fixme:wbemprox:enum_class_object_Next timeout not supported
0060:fixme:mountmgr:query_property Faking StorageDeviceProperty data
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 1326470
01dc:fixme:kernelbase:AppPolicyGetThreadInitializationType FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFA, 000000005B42FE10
src\clientdll\steamengine.cpp (3114) : Assertion Failed: Attempt to call interface with invalid hSteamUser /+/ 1, appid=1326470, hpipe=131073, inprocess, thread=436
src\common\interfacemap.cpp (890) : Assertion Failed: IPC call to IClientHTTP::ReleaseHTTPRequest returned failure code 12
src\clientdll\steamengine.cpp (3114) : Assertion Failed: Attempt to call interface with invalid hSteamUser /+/ 1, appid=1326470, hpipe=131073, inprocess, thread=436
0024:fixme:iphlpapi:CancelIPChangeNotify (overlapped 0000000058B70220): stub
src\common\interfacemap.cpp (890) : Assertion Failed: IPC call to IClientHTTP::ReleaseHTTPRequest returned failure code 12
CWorkThreadPool::~CWorkThreadPool: work complete queue not empty, 2 items discarded.
CWorkThreadPool::~CWorkThreadPool: work processing queue not empty: 1 items discarded.
#DSE Invalid public ip [0.0.0.0]
#DSE [Self-Tests] [Networking] Failed to get public ip from Steam.
#DSE [Self-Tests] Please restart the server.

I changed my dedicatedserver.cfg to my servers IP but is there some other place I need to change as well?

12 hours ago, ich777 said:

N

Just to name a few things that can be the cause of the issue:

• What is your DNS for the server
  • Do you have a LAN Cache set up
  • Does the server have exclusive access to the Internet
  • Do you Unifi network gear
  • Do you have any ad blocking somewhere on your network

My DNS was set to Comcast's DNS, 75.75.75.75 and 75.75.76.76. Seeing that, I've just updated unraid to use 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1. 

As for the other things

- No LAN Cache

- Server has exclusive access to the internet

- No Unifi network gear

- No network ad blocking

I guess now I'm just going to see when the game updates next, and see if with the new DNS settings if I see the same behavior. 

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Please look at the run example over here, it looks like you are using the wrong docker tag.

Thank you, I have now said the holy litany of swear words in your honor for pointing out my mistake that I kept overlooking. Looks to have booted right up that time, sorry. 

• Like 1

Hello, my ASA server was working (I also run a 12 map cluster of ASE that has been running for months). Shortly after adding 2 ASA servers, my main box/server has been crashing. I had to re-create my zpool to get the ASE cluster working again. However, I can't seem to get ASA working. I have tried an entirely new container with default settings and still get the following error. Does ASA now need a path for a "Windows" directory? Or, perhaps I need to re-create my shares? Sorry, this may not be an ich777 issue. Just thought I'd ask.

text  error  warn  system  array  login  

---Ensuring UID: 99 matches user---
---Ensuring GID: 100 matches user---
---Setting umask to 000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Taking ownership of data...---
---Starting...---
---Update SteamCMD---
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
Logging directory: '/serverdata/Steam/logs'
[  0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation - version 1702079268
-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API...dlmopen steamservice.so failed: steamservice.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
OK

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...OK
Waiting for client config...OK
Waiting for user info...OK
---Update Server---
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
Logging directory: '/serverdata/Steam/logs'
[  0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation - version 1702079268
-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API...dlmopen steamservice.so failed: steamservice.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
OK
"@sSteamCmdForcePlatformType" = "windows"

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...OK
Waiting for client config...OK
Waiting for user info...OK
Success! App '2430930' already up to date.
---Checking the maximum map count per process...---
---Maximum map count per process OK...---
---Current map count per process: 265000---
---Checking if WINE workdirectory is present---
---WINE workdirectory found---
---Checking if WINE is properly installed---
---WINE properly set up---
---Prepare Server---
---Server ready---
---Start Server---
Waiting for logs...
wine: could not open working directory L"C:\\windows\\system32\\", starting in the Windows directory.
wine: could not open working directory L"C:\\windows\\system32\\", starting in the Windows directory.
wine: could not load kernel32.dll, status c0000135
Waiting for logs...
Waiting for logs...
Waiting for logs...
Waiting for logs...
Waiting for logs...
Waiting for logs...
Waiting for logs...
Waiting for logs...
Waiting for logs...
No log files found after 20 seconds, putting container into sleep mode!

2 hours ago, Maxplosive said:

Sons of the forest server

I've now tried it and it is working as expected, I've attached my log: sotf.log (please note that this is a new set up instance)

It seems that something is preventing your container form getting your public IP, you can look at my log (starting at line 251).

Do you have any AdBlocking or something like that going on on your network?

Do you have any Unifi gear <- these are known to block also outbound traffic from game servers.

Maybe try to set up a second instance on your machine (don't forget to change the path to the game files and the container name) and see if that work, if that also doesn't work it must have something to do with your network setup.

4 hours ago, sechag said:

I looked at showing the servers with password. but still the same

2 hours ago, Psyonicar said:

der server lief jetzt wochenlang einwandfrei aber jetzt geht nichts mehr

LOL, I think the devs are changing little things on purpose, only if you also tick the box "Show Players Servers" then it is visible. :P

This is a screenshot from a fresh set up server where you can see that it is found in the server browser but only if you tick the box "Show Players Servers" in ASA at the bottom:

grafik.thumb.png.89eba834511d7f04fd6ad577f6abd442.png

(the screenshot is a bit convoluted, in the background you can see the container template in the foreground the running game with the server browser open, the right terminal is the log from the container and the left bottom terminal where it shows the ports that the container listens on <- don't worry about 8888 you don't have to open that)

You only have to open up port 7777 UDP for ASA since it only listens on that port (you can see that in the terminal window at the bottom left, no need to open up other ports!).

10 hours ago, ich777 said:

LOL, I think the devs are changing little things on purpose, only if you also tick the box "Show Players Servers" then it is visible. :P

This is a screenshot from a fresh set up server where you can see that it is found in the server browser but only if you tick the box "Show Players Servers" in ASA at the bottom:

grafik.thumb.png.89eba834511d7f04fd6ad577f6abd442.png

(the screenshot is a bit convoluted, in the background you can see the container template in the foreground the running game with the server browser open, the right terminal is the log from the container and the left bottom terminal where it shows the ports that the container listens on <- don't worry about 8888 you don't have to open that)

You only have to open up port 7777 UDP for ASA since it only listens on that port (you can see that in the terminal window at the bottom left, no need to open up other ports!).

Thanks alot for your effort, also my server is working again.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, ich777 said:

I've now tried it and it is working as expected, I've attached my log: sotf.log (please note that this is a new set up instance)

It seems that something is preventing your container form getting your public IP, you can look at my log (starting at line 251).

Do you have any AdBlocking or something like that going on on your network?

Do you have any Unifi gear <- these are known to block also outbound traffic from game servers.

Maybe try to set up a second instance on your machine (don't forget to change the path to the game files and the container name) and see if that work, if that also doesn't work it must have something to do with your network setup.

Haven't done any changes to my unraid server since I installed the sonsoftheforest image the first time and managed to connect to server. Nothing has been installed or changed since then, not in my port forwarding settings either..... I renamed the appdata folder and installed a new image from scratch but it still complains about the  public IP. I have tailscale installed on my server but I did that before installing the image the first time. No clue why it suddenly stopped working...

01d0:fixme:wbemprox:enum_class_object_Next timeout not supported
#DSL [Self-Tests] [AppId] App ID is correct.
#DSL [Self-Tests] [Settings] Validating game settings file format...
01d8:fixme:kernelbase:AppPolicyGetThreadInitializationType FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFA, 000000005BC2FE10
#DSL [Self-Tests] [Settings] Game settings file is valid.
#DSL [Self-Tests] [Config] Validating server config file and command line arguments...
src\clientdll\steamengine.cpp (3114) : Assertion Failed: Attempt to call interface with invalid hSteamUser /+/ 1, appid=1326470, hpipe=131073, inprocess, thread=432

0024:fixme:iphlpapi:CancelIPChangeNotify (overlapped 0000000058B70220): stub
{
  "IpAddress": "0.0.0.0",
  "GamePort": 8766,
  "QueryPort": 27016,
  "BlobSyncPort": 9700,
  "ServerName": "Sons Of The Forest Docker Server",
  "MaxPlayers": 8,
  "Password": "Docker",
  "LanOnly": false,
  "SaveSlot": 1,
  "SaveMode": "Continue",
  "GameMode": "Normal",
  "SaveInterval": 600,
  "IdleDayCycleSpeed": 0.0,
  "IdleTargetFramerate": 5,
  "ActiveTargetFramerate": 60,
  "LogFilesEnabled": false,
  "TimestampLogFilenames": true,
  "TimestampLogEntries": true,
  "SkipNetworkAccessibilityTest": false,
  "GameSettings": {},
  "CustomGameModeSettings": {}
}
#DSL [Self-Tests] [Config] Dedicated Server configuration file is valid.
#DSL [Self-Tests] [Networking] Testing public accessibility...
src\clientdll\steamengine.cpp (3114) : Assertion Failed: Attempt to call interface with invalid hSteamUser /+/ 1, appid=1326470, hpipe=131073, inprocess, thread=432
CWorkThreadPool::~CWorkThreadPool: work complete queue not empty, 2 items discarded.
CWorkThreadPool::~CWorkThreadPool: work processing queue not empty: 1 items discarded.
#DSE Invalid public ip [0.0.0.0]
#DSE [Self-Tests] [Networking] Failed to get public ip from Steam.
#DSE [Self-Tests] Please restart the server.

Edited by Maxplosive

I've tried to search this thread to no avail, so apologies if I'm repeating something. If this is a duplicate, can you please link me to the answer?

My BeamMP Server is failing with the following in the logs:

---Checking if UID: 99 matches user---
usermod: no changes
---Checking if GID: 100 matches user---
usermod: no changes
---Setting umask to 0000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Starting...---
---Version Check---
---BeamNG-MP-Server not installed, installing...---
---Something went wrong, can't download BeamNG-MP-Server v3.1.3, putting container in sleep mode---

I thought that rebooting it would fetch the latest version, however this does not seem to be the case.

I've checked that the server is online, and it's just updated the docker container to the latest version.

Anything suggestions please?

3 hours ago, ich777 said:

Sorry but I can‘t reproduce this error.

Do you have any adblocking somewhere in your network or Unifi network gear?

Not that I'm aware of, the only thing that's related to my network is the tailscale plugin. I got the server running when I changed lanOnly to true so I guess there's gotta be something wrong with my network. It's weird how it worked when I first set it up, the only thing that's been out of the ordinary since then is that I had a power outage in my building so both server and internet went out. Port forwarding seems to still be up when I log into my router but maybe I should remove and add them again. Though would it work if I ran it in lanOnly and had my friends connect to my tailscale network?

7 minutes ago, GeeBee said:

Anything suggestions please?

Please stop the container, delete the file "BeamMP-Server" from the main directory from the container, after that start the container and it should pull the file.

If you've restarted the container multiple times please wait for at least 30 minutes before starting the container because it could be the case that you've already reached the limit from the free GitHub API calls (which the container is using).

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Maxplosive said:

Port forwarding seems to still be up when I log into my router but maybe I should remove and add them again.

Maybe, that's a thing you should definitely try.

3 minutes ago, Maxplosive said:

Though would it work if I ran it in lanOnly and had my friends connect to my tailscale network?

Maybe but what is the benefit, for your friends it would be way easier to join like it's intended.

BTW I'm maybe wrong but if you give your friends access to your Tailscale network, they are basically part of your LAN and in my opinion that would be pretty bad (what if a computer on that network is infected with Malware or something like that... just saying...).

38 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Maybe, that's a thing you should definitely try.

Maybe but what is the benefit, for your friends it would be way easier to join like it's intended.

BTW I'm maybe wrong but if you give your friends access to your Tailscale network, they are basically part of your LAN and in my opinion that would be pretty bad (what if a computer on that network is infected with Malware or something like that... just saying...).

Got it working :) Googled the issue and found the solution, port forwarding and everything was fine but if someone else has this problem the fix is simple, add :"SkipNetworkAccessibilityTest": true

to your dedicatedserver.cfg

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Please stop the container, delete the file "BeamMP-Server" from the main directory from the container, after that start the container and it should pull the file.

If you've restarted the container multiple times please wait for at least 30 minutes before starting the container because it could be the case that you've already reached the limit from the free GitHub API calls (which the container is using).

Thank you, that seemed to redownload the file. I'm not able to connect to the server yet, however that now feels like a separate issue. Just getting "Connection failed" and this is since the updates were released.