Jump to content
limetech

Unraid OS version 6.7 available

319 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

Upgraded my Threadrippper server without any problems, i do have an Marvel sas/sata controller what still works fine.

Share this post


Link to post

Updated to 6.7.0 from 6.6.7 and immediately began receiving the error: ‘comreset failed (errno=-16)’ during startup for multiple ata drives connected to my motherboard. Once the OS finally booted none of the drives directly connected to the SATA ports on my board showed up. My other drives connected to my LSI SAS card showed up just fine. I rolled my system back to 6.6.7 and everything was back to normal. I have heard of incompatibilities with the onboard raid controllers of some boards before but never experienced it. Could this be a case of incompatibility with this new update?

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, maples.dan@gmail.com said:

Could this be a case of incompatibility with this new update?

Please post the diagnostics: Tools -> Diagnostics (after booting with v6.7)

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, pizzapan said:

getting a bad gateway message when trying to upgrade

Can you check for Plugin and/or Docker updates?

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

Don't think its my side i rebooted and cleared my cache    same error

 

Edited by pizzapan

Share this post


Link to post

Post up your Diagnostics file.   Tools   >>>   Diagnostics.        It sure sounds like your Unraid server is not getting proper Internet access.  

Share this post


Link to post
33 minutes ago, Dazog said:

Thanks, saw that.  The plan is to release 6.7.1-rc1 on the 'next' release branch with only differences from 6.7.0 are updated Intel microcode and corresponding Linux kernel.  The microcode seems to be a "moving target" so we'll let this soak for a while before release 6.7.1.

Share this post


Link to post

I rebooted my unraid server and then it worked....

thanks for all the suggestions.....that was wierd

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

I update from 6.5.X to 6.7.0. The update is success. But I face some freeze from time to time. For example,

 

1. Connecting SSH in LAN and typing can freeze a few second once in a while.

2. Playing video file via network share also freeze a few once in a while.

 

CPU and RAM load is < 10% and these problems did not happen before update. Does someone face similar issue?

Edited by joshuaavalon

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, joshuaavalon said:

I update from 6.5.X to 6.7.0. The update is success. But I face some freeze from time to time. For example,

 

1. Connecting SSH in LAN and typing can freeze a few second once in a while.

2. Playing video file via network share also freeze a few once in a while.

 

CPU and RAM load is < 10% and these problems did not happen before update. Does someone face similar issue?

Not saying this is your problem, but I had this wiith a counterfeit LS9211 HBA.  As soon as I replaced it all was good.

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, limetech said:

Thanks, saw that.  The plan is to release 6.7.1-rc1 on the 'next' release branch with only differences from 6.7.0 are updated Intel microcode and corresponding Linux kernel.  The microcode seems to be a "moving target" so we'll let this soak for a while before release 6.7.1.

What’s Unraid’s stance on what to do about hyperthreading? Should we turn it off or leave it on if we own an affected Intel processor?

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Squid said:

Not saying this is your problem, but I had this wiith a counterfeit LS9211 HBA.  As soon as I replaced it all was good.

But why would it work on 6.5? Also, do I have any way to test or check it?

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, ramblinreck47 said:

What’s Unraid’s stance on what to do about hyperthreading? Should we turn it off or leave it on if we own an affected Intel processor?

At present we don't have a stance.  To my knowledge I don't think there have been any verified spectre/meltdown/zombieland attacks "in the wild" to date.

Share this post


Link to post

Wondering if should roll back, as this release is the first time I had major issues

Share this post


Link to post
33 minutes ago, limetech said:

At present we don't have a stance.  To my knowledge I don't think there have been any verified spectre/meltdown/zombieland attacks "in the wild" to date.

And if I understand it correctly, at least for this Zombie attack now, the system would already have to be compromised and the exploit itself would have to run locally to harvest any data. So, in order to use it, you've already been compromised.

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, cybrnook said:

And if I understand it correctly, at least for this Zombie attack now, the system would already have to be compromised and the exploit itself would have to run locally to harvest any data. So, in order to use it, you've already been compromised.

I think the main concern are the Enterprise and Cloud compute servers which make use of virtualization to let multiple clients use the same h/w.

Share this post


Link to post
56 minutes ago, warwon said:

Wondering if should roll back, as this release is the first time I had major issues

Unless you can give more information about your issues, how can anyone work to fix them?

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, limetech said:

I think the main concern are the Enterprise and Cloud compute servers which make use of virtualization to let multiple clients use the same h/w.

Maybe an on / off switch for all these Intel MC updates 🙂 ? By the time this thing is done, all my intel boxes will be ~20+% less in performance for my home systems.

Edited by cybrnook
+

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, maples.dan@gmail.com said:

Updated to 6.7.0 from 6.6.7 and immediately began receiving the error: ‘comreset failed (errno=-16)’ during startup for multiple ata drives connected to my motherboard. Once the OS finally booted none of the drives directly connected to the SATA ports on my board showed up. My other drives connected to my LSI SAS card showed up just fine. I rolled my system back to 6.6.7 and everything was back to normal. I have heard of incompatibilities with the onboard raid controllers of some boards before but never experienced it. Could this be a case of incompatibility with this new update?

Re-upgraded to 6.7.0 and experienced the same issues as before. None of my SATA drives connected to the MoBo were visible in Unraid after the update. I've included the diagnostics zip from after the upgrade. Hopefully this can be of some help. I will be staying on 6.6.7 for now.

unraid-diagnostics-20190516-2115.zip

Share this post


Link to post

Had to reboot my 6.6.6 system due to running out of memory (currently have 2G but working to rectify) and becoming completely unresponsive after sending out constant emails for Seg Faults (seems to do that around 120 days of uptime or so) - 623 of the following messages throughout the day yesterday until the last one at 12:20AM and then no way to get into the server, even the connected keyboard/monitor:

 

/bin/sh: line 1: 26448 Segmentation fault      /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/scripts/monitor &> /dev/null

 

I have zero VMs, zero Dockers, zero plugins. I'm literally using this as a file server right now and that is it. When it goes administrative unresponsive, the shares keep right on trucking with me being able to push and pull just fine.

 

 

When I try to update the OS to 6.7.0, this is the result in the script window:

plugin: updating: unRAIDServer.plg
plugin: downloading: https://s3.amazonaws.com/dnld.lime-technology.com/stable/unRAIDServer-6.7.0-x86_64.zip ... done
plugin: downloading: https://s3.amazonaws.com/dnld.lime-technology.com/stable/unRAIDServer-6.7.0-x86_64.md5 ... done
Archive: /tmp/unRAIDServer.zip
creating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/EFI-/
creating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/EFI-/boot/
inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/EFI-/boot/bootx64.efi 
inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/EFI-/boot/ldlinux.e64 
inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/EFI-/boot/libcom32.c32 
inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/EFI-/boot/libutil.c32 
inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/EFI-/boot/mboot.c32 
inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/EFI-/boot/menu.c32 
inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/EFI-/boot/syslinux.cfg 
inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/bzfirmware 
inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/bzfirmware.sha256 
inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/bzimage 
inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/bzimage.sha256 
inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/bzmodules 
inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/bzmodules.sha256 
inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/bzroot 
inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/bzroot-gui unzip error 0
plugin: run failed: /bin/bash retval: 1

The download completes in about 10 seconds.

mediaserver-diagnostics-20190516-1441.zip

Share this post


Link to post

There have been lots of reports of upgrading via the GUI failing with only 2GB of RAM.  You should download the zip release from the Limetech site and then replace all the bz* type files on the USB stick with the ones from the zip file.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.