[Support] alturismo - Repos

9 hours ago, alturismo said:

means ?

- adding pulseaudio lets hdhr streams work in xteve ?

- or the hdhr direct plex way ? (you should be able to add another xml meanwhile in plex, like xteve xml ...)

With pulseaudio they both work in VLC.

But what I think you're saying is that I can still get xteve to generate the hdhr xml, use the hdhr directly in Plex, and then point it to the xteve XML for guide data?

11 minutes ago, flyize said:

But what I think you're saying is that I can still get xteve to generate the hdhr xml, use the hdhr directly in Plex, and then point it to the xteve XML for guide data?

not really, i think plex finally made it possible to add more then 1 xml source.

so my approach would be

- add the hdhr including its epg (which should be coming automatically)

- add the xteve dvr with its xml for those channels

1 minute ago, alturismo said:

not really, i think plex finally made it possible to add more then 1 xml source.

so my approach would be

- add the hdhr including its epg (which should be coming automatically)

- add the xteve dvr with its xml for those channels

Is the hdhr generating its own xml? Where is that?

2 minutes ago, flyize said:

Is the hdhr generating its own xml? Where is that?

i dont have a hdhr, sorry ... but may just try it, add your hdhr and add epg, either provided by plex or hdhr (plex would be better anyway as its a decent source), only limit, channel numbers are given ...

then add xteve as 2nd tuner for your "other" channels, with its own epg xml.

I can't add the epg via plex. Plex makes you chose one or the other, and I have to use xml for my IPTV. I wish they would fix that. So I do now have it setup where the hdhr is direct to plex, but I'm using the xml from xteve. And then my iptv is using VLC.

So it may be a bit messy, but it works!

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, OrdinaryButt said:

Can someone help setup xteve_zap to get me EPG from zap2it in .xml?

image.png.92361ebda375fe9f040a7035700f3fe8.png

set use_zap to "yes", rest what you dont want, need ... to "no"

image.png.ef66194473d0a07519da888c372230c5.png

your zap credentials ...

image.png.76644f064db365ad74e654d97703899f.png

now either run it manually, wait for the cronjob to run (default 0.00) or adjust the cron time (check cron.txt in config)

1 hour ago, alturismo said:

well, there is a small explenation on any setting in the cronjob.sh, may rather ask the question what you dont understand.

This answer sums up my experience with unRAID so far - lack of proper guides.

zap_lineup="lineupname"            ## space seperated list like "hawaii eastern"

zap_extra1="-L"                ## 1st extra parameter, keep blank if not needed, like this ""
zap_extra2="-A"                ## 2nd extra parameter, keep blank if not needed, like this ""
zap_extra3=""                ## 3rd extra parameter, keep blank if not needed, like this ""

Super "helpful" comments. When I code (not Linux related), I put better comments for MY OWN NEEDS. Sorry but some of this stuff are just not meant for the public.

It would all be fine if unRAID was free but it isn't and I was expecting a bit better experience. I also understand the Docker/community application is separate from unRAID but since you are a mod here, I wanted you to hear out from a fresh frustrated user, that spent tons of time reading and watching setup guides that if you unRAID wants to reach broader audience, better guides are needed. Perhaps, there could be "officially approved" Dockers/apps that meet certain standards. I know I will feel different in a year from now but I am sure there are many users in my shoes at the moment.

Edited by OrdinaryButt
14 minutes ago, OrdinaryButt said:

It would all be fine if unRAID was free but it isn't and I was expecting a bit better experience. I also understand the Docker/community application is separate from unRAID but since you are a mod here, I wanted you to hear out from a fresh frustrated user, that spent tons of time reading and watching setup guides that if you unRAID wants to reach broader audience, better guides are needed. Perhaps, there could be "officially approved" Dockers/apps that meet certain standards. I know I will feel different in a year from now but I am sure there are many users in my shoes at the moment.

As you noted, all the apps are separate from the OS and Limetech themselves offer no support etc for them. (Ignoring plugins which are a different beast).  But it's really no different than say Windows (another paid OS) supporting any random program within their own forums (or running the same docker container under Windows)

But one thing to actually consider is that 99% of any given issues with any random app isn't an issue with the container itself, but rather with the actual application.  All set up guides, internal settings etc are basically the responsibility of the actual program author, not the template maintainer / container author.  All that being said, @alturismo does seem to do a good job of supporting his templates (along with every one else)

It's for this reason that there is usually a "Project" link on most applications -> to directly take you to the appropriate Project.

Can't comment on this particular app specifically, but it is unrealistic for these forums to properly support, provide set up guides etc for the applications when the particular project already does that and it is ultimately their responsibility in the first place to do so.  All that being said, the Apps tab does have provisions for Guides / Videos / Screenshots etc to make things easier for the end-user.  Additionally, @SpaceInvaderOne, @Sycotix and more have dedicated videos to both understanding how docker works in the first place and also providing set up guides for certain key applications.

Your "officially approved" apps idea has come up before has been implemented in the past with mixed results, and is now no longer done (with the exception of a select number of plugins).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, OrdinaryButt said:

zap_lineup="lineupname"            ## space seperated list like "hawaii eastern"

zap_extra1="-L"                ## 1st extra parameter, keep blank if not needed, like this ""
zap_extra2="-A"                ## 2nd extra parameter, keep blank if not needed, like this ""
zap_extra3=""                ## 3rd extra parameter, keep blank if not needed, like this ""

may some notes ahead, im no zap2xml user and i just added this feature "on demand" for US users which using this service, actually its not even accessable outside US and/or CA afaik, but i setted up a VPN to check, test and adding this.

then there are users which prefered a easy way for adding zap options (what you see up there) for their personal usecase, so i also added this to make it easy and also pre setted the prefered options, in case you dont need it, leave as is or blank, in case you want to know what these options are about ... may consult the app author from zap2xml ... like @Squid pointed out, there seems to be a missunderstanding about support for ... and i had to laugh when i saw his sample about MS ... thats exactly what i thought when i readed your comment, we both know you never would consult MS when you run docker on windows and have a issue with a particular app then ... nevermind ;)

now, to make it easy about zap options in terms you want to know and learn what you doing there

from the docker shell inside

image.thumb.png.92c66154d7b092250e4634f82e482475.png

and i keep my workflow completely open, as you see in the buttom from the crojob.sh file you see everything what is happening.

just dont take this personal now, but may rethink who you ask for support and about what ...

you where absolutely correct here if my template wouldnt work, if the docker just crashing by default, and so on ...

but if you dont understand the app inside ... or better, if you want to know more about the options, may take a look at the authors forums, githubs, discords, ... helpdesks.

and a friendly "what options are possible ..." may is sometimes the better way to get help either way ...

the rest from your comment ... i just keep that uncommented.

6 minutes ago, alturismo said:

may some notes ahead, im no zap2xml user and i just added this feature "on demand" for US users which using this service, actually its not even accessable outside US and/or CA afaik, but i setted up a VPN to check, test and adding this.

then there are users which prefered a easy way for adding zap options (what you see up there) for their personal usecase, so i also added this to make it easy and also pre setted the prefered options, in case you dont need it, leave as is or blank, in case you want to know what these options are about ... may consult the app author from zap2xml ... like @Squid pointed out, there seems to be a missunderstanding about support for ... and i had to laugh when i saw his sample about MS ... thats exactly what i thought when i readed your comment, we both know you never would consult MS when you run docker on windows and have a issue with a particular app then ... nevermind ;)

now, to make it easy about zap options in terms you want to know and learn what you doing there

from the docker shell inside

image.thumb.png.92c66154d7b092250e4634f82e482475.png

and i keep my workflow completely open, as you see in the buttom from the crojob.sh file you see everything what is happening.

just dont take this personal now, but may rethink who you ask for support and about what ...

you where absolutely correct here if my template wouldnt work, if the docker just crashing by default, and so on ...

but if you dont understand the app inside ... or better, if you want to know more about the options, may take a look at the authors forums, githubs, discords, ... helpdesks.

and a friendly "what options are possible ..." may is sometimes the better way to get help either way ...

the rest from your comment ... i just keep that uncommented.

Not sure why both of you are repeating what I already said - I understand the separation of unRAID and Dockers/Apps.

However, what I did above is called constructive feedback and if you re-read you will understand that it wasn't directly addressed towards the developer of the app but rather the hole unRAID experience as a new user. May be they don't want to reach broader audience and that is fine. But if they do, this needs to be more streamlined. I am tech savvy, more than that but in a niche area and still learning Linux, and I can tell you there is no way the average Joe that will ever get to try and keep this paid product (I will, because I understand it's potential and I want to learn). And by the way, there is no "_config" folder in the xteve_zap docker appdata (just letting you know, I am all set).

Perhaps I had set my expectations wrong thinking the apps/dockers on unRAID are a bit more like other platforms app stores. That has been adjusted.

1 minute ago, OrdinaryButt said:

But if they do, this needs to be more streamlined

I'm always looking for suggestions on how to streamline installations and make things better.  I'd suggest that you create a post in maybe Feature Requests after you gather your thoughts with how you think the system could be better.

Thanks.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Squid said:

I'm always looking for suggestions on how to streamline installations and make things better.  I'd suggest that you create a post in maybe Feature Requests after you gather your thoughts with how you think the system could be better.

Thanks.

While I have your attention, I got another example of extreme frustration.

I was trying to get a VPN docker going, probably for 3 days. Since I am not sure my provider will work with the more popular ones (couldn't get them to work for some reason, probably I was to green at the time), I kept trying to use GluetunVPN docker which connects right away.

The 2 popular methods to use VPN via a another Docker are to either create custom network or start the to-be-routed docker with --net=container:xxxx argument.

There are multiple guides that state the name of the network (or command) must be EXACT copy and even spaceinvader one shows in his videos how he copies and pastes the name "to be sure" that there is no typos. Sh1t was going nuts when I did either or, docker services crashing etc

Well, it turns out unRAID doesn't like the upper case in any network name. The developer has no clue about this. THERE SHOULD BE A FLAG somewhere in the system or all docker names should be lower case or something to prevent this kind of struggle. Can you imagine how frustrated one can get just to setup something as simple as VPN?!?

No response required, this was just some more user feedback.

• 3 weeks later...

I am new to IPTV so please bear with the Noob,

I have a sat > IP box and I have installed TVHEADEND which has picked up the channels and built an EPG. I can watch the channels through VLC etc. 

I am trying to use XTeVe to allow me to watch the Sat TV in PLEX on my NVIDIA Shield but I am having problems setting it up, where do I get the XLMTV files from, can I not use the channels/EPG than TVHE has built?

51 minutes ago, ridley said:

can I not use the channels/EPG than TVHE has built?

have you tried it ? if so, how ?

may as sample, either you add it 1st in xteve, may as http://tvheadend:9981/xmltv/channels while <tvheadend> is your tvheadend ip, name, whatever ... then use the xepg feature from xteve and map your channels, then use the xteve xml link in plex ...

or may just try the xml in plex directly, may have to reorganize then all in plex ...

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/31/2021 at 4:22 AM, 1471 said:

Hi, looking for a bit of help getting the alturismo/xteve container up and running, installed via community applications.

I can't get the container to start, from the logs:

[ERROR] listen udp4 224.0.0.0:1900: bind: address already in use () - EC: 0

I also have this issue and plex seems to be tied to 1900. I checked and DLNA is disabled so not sure how I can actually stop it from using 1900.

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, fonzie said:

How do I delete these logs to reduce my container size and what settings do I change to prevent the log from getting this large again?

may i ask what is filling your xteve log like this ?

to prevent this ... well, im not using docker logs after my docker is running, so i always set

image.png.391f71bf7147c599f37841fba70cd397.png

but i would be interested what ...