[Support] A75G Repo

9 hours ago, djgizmo said:

Here are the services it needs....

On a lot of these services the "full stack" is what you'd use for a large deployment but is not really needed for small scale use. Seems to be the case here, I just did a test install of this template with just a DB and as far as I can see the basics are fine. 

Edited by Kilrah
9 hours ago, Kilrah said:

On a lot of these services the "full stack" is what you'd use for a large deployment but is not really needed for small scale use. Seems to be the case here, I just did a test install of this template with just a DB and as far as I can see the basics are fine. 

Have you verified that polling is actually function?   

I used https://github.com/A75G/docker-templates/blob/master/README.md#first-installation to create a user, ignore.

How do I create a new user? 

When I run 

archivebox manage createsuperuser

I get

UnRaidUser@94385hgd:/data/archive# 
find: '/.config/chromium/Crash Reports/pending/': No such file or directory
[i] [2023-07-28 09:35:13] ArchiveBox v0.6.3: archivebox manage createsuperuser
    > /data/archive

[!] ArchiveBox should never be run as root!
    For more information, see the security overview documentation:
        https://github.com/ArchiveBox/ArchiveBox/wiki/Security-Overview#do-not-run-as-root

Edited by articulateape

Re torprivoxy (alpine) docker.

I've seen obfs4 bridge configuration (support) was added through environment variable(s). Could you (anyone) please help me set it up?

namely, I don't know how to name the variable(s), can there be more at the same time, how to set for instance three obfs4 bridges, or snowflake if that was added also.

Thanks for help in advance

10 hours ago, djgizmo said:

Without testing polling is functional during normal interval hours, the test is incomplete. 

And I never claimed to have made a complete test. All I said is that some apps have complex stacks in their doc but it isn't always necessary, so you shouldn't dismiss something as invalid just for that reason without trying. 

On 7/29/2023 at 3:46 AM, Kilrah said:

And I never claimed to have made a complete test. All I said is that some apps have complex stacks in their doc but it isn't always necessary, so you shouldn't dismiss something as invalid just for that reason without trying. 

I did try. For days. Before I came to the forums looking for support to only find the author abandon his support thread. 

On 8/7/2023 at 5:27 AM, djgizmo said:

I did try. For days. Before I came to the forums looking for support to only find the author abandon his support thread. 

It's important to note that I am under no obligation to maintain updates. However, I genuinely welcome any support from the community. If you would be willing to address the support concerns. please raise GitHub merges for the fixes if you have the time to it. Moreover if you have fixes for Docker templates you can do the same.

https://github.com/A75G/docker-templates/pulls

From my understanding you are thinking that the support should be included and updated regularly but when i have added the support it was for people that are starting in Unraid and require additional support. keeping it updated for each template and checking each Application developer for updates would consume all my time which i have rarely but as i stated above if you or anyone would like to contribute on adding or fixing any template or support README.MD please pull merge in GitHub.

On 8/13/2023 at 11:44 AM, A75G said:

It's important to note that I am under no obligation to maintain updates.

That's a poor attitude towards the community.  I'm not asking you to fix the underlying container, I'm asking you to fix your own template.   It's out of date with how LibreNMS does their container stack now.

However, I genuinely welcome any support from the community. If you would be willing to address the support concerns. please raise GitHub merges for the fixes if you have the time to it. Moreover if you have fixes for Docker templates you can do the same.

https://github.com/A75G/docker-templates/pulls

If you would have responded within a day or two, sure, I'd contribute to your repo, but you ghosted the community for months.   My efforts will be put towards another repo or my own template for LibreNMS.

From my understanding you are thinking that the support should be included.... and updated regularly....

Yes, it's literally the requirement to create a support thread.  If a support is created..... one in the community would think support would be available, normally from the author. 

from Squid's How Do I Create My Own Docker Templates? post.... I'm going to insist you create a <Support> thread. Just create it anywhere (as you won't be able to create in the docker Containers) and a moderator will move it. Update the XML with the support link

As for updated regularly.... Precedent has been set by others in the community.

binhex, linuxserver.io, Taddeusz, even clowrym.... have given continued support.    

When someone doesn't provide support (either via forum, discord, github, or otherwise),  it makes for a frustrating user experience. 

I get it, you're not a developer of the apps you put templates together... you have little reason to invest in creating/supporting the templates (other than for yourself) and showing it to others back when you did. 

If you would have responded, "Hey, I don't have LibreNMS installed anymore... what needs to be adjusted and I'll look into it later this week or hey, go here to my github to open a PR".... instead, you ghosted me, and the community for months.  your last comment was November 9, 2022.   Until your comment... I expected you abandoned the forums altogether.  

I'm done ranting... thanks for listening... have a good night/day.

7 hours ago, djgizmo said:

That's a poor attitude towards the community.  I'm not asking you to fix the underlying container, I'm asking you to fix your own template.   It's out of date with how LibreNMS does their container stack now.

If you would have responded within a day or two, sure, I'd contribute to your repo, but you ghosted the community for months.   My efforts will be put towards another repo or my own template for LibreNMS.

Yes, it's literally the requirement to create a support thread.  If a support is created..... one in the community would think support would be available, normally from the author. 

from Squid's How Do I Create My Own Docker Templates? post.... I'm going to insist you create a <Support> thread. Just create it anywhere (as you won't be able to create in the docker Containers) and a moderator will move it. Update the XML with the support link

As for updated regularly.... Precedent has been set by others in the community.

binhex, linuxserver.io, Taddeusz, even clowrym.... have given continued support.    

When someone doesn't provide support (either via forum, discord, github, or otherwise),  it makes for a frustrating user experience. 

I get it, you're not a developer of the apps you put templates together... you have little reason to invest in creating/supporting the templates (other than for yourself) and showing it to others back when you did. 

If you would have responded, "Hey, I don't have LibreNMS installed anymore... what needs to be adjusted and I'll look into it later this week or hey, go here to my github to open a PR".... instead, you ghosted me, and the community for months.  your last comment was November 9, 2022.   Until your comment... I expected you abandoned the forums altogether.  

I'm done ranting... thanks for listening... have a good night/day.

I understand your frustration, but understand that people schedule changes in life and i wont lie i love making templates but i really don't have the time for it or power to follow up everything.

Regarding the support threads

* binhex - create his own docker images so he understand the images perfectly

* linuxserver.io - have a lot of people working on the images  and support

* Taddeusz and clowrym - if you can see the repo they have 4 to 3 docker templates.

Please put yourself in my shoes.

And even though i have not commented i see the comments time to time and fix the docker templates when i see issue someone posted in here https://github.com/A75G/docker-templates/commits/master please lookup the commits date.

Edited by A75G
Additional information
On 8/16/2023 at 10:13 AM, A75G said:

I understand your frustration....

And even though i have not commented i see the comments time to time and fix the docker templates when i see issue someone posted in here https://github.com/A75G/docker-templates/commits/master please lookup the commits date.

Have you looked up the last time you updated your LibreNMS xml....
image.thumb.png.251a32ddee1808c90f656d1fd6c40f80.png

I do not think you understand my frustration. 

Have a good one.  

App: LibreNMS

I've installed and configured the LibreNMS docker and the database generated perfectly and I was able to add devices, but when I run the validate scripts, it's failing on the poller stating that it isn't configured.

When I get into the cli of the docker and run an "artisan schedule:list", it produces the following:

*/5 * * * *  Closure at: app/Console/Kernel.php:75

0   1 * * 0  php artisan maintenance:fetch-ouis --wait

I'm going to take a leap here and guess that the first line should be going to /opt/librenms/poller-wrapper.py or something else??

If I run the poller-wrapper.py manually, it does execute a poll like it should, but for some reason, the built-in schedule to run it is trying to run "Closure at: app/Console/Kernel.php:75" instead.

Any thoughts?

On 8/22/2023 at 3:51 AM, Sinister said:

Has anyone ever gotten calls within mattermost to work ? i keep getting an error even though i have ports 8443 and 8065 forwarded, i also have it properly reverse proxied with swag. I am hoping its something simple, please tell me what im doing wrong image.png.8eb5717fdfc8c4f46feb488e9307ecd9.png

I found you need two things for the recommended RTC udp port forwarding solution to work:

1. Port forwarding UDP/8443 in firewall to the Unraid/Mattermost server

2. In the Unraid docker deployment page for Mattermost, manually add another listening port with 8443. (bottom of page +

Add another Path, Port, Variable, Label or Device) Config Type = Port.  I just named it RTC listen port and put 8443 as Container and Host port, Connection type UDP - then Add and Apply.

Make sure 8443 is not taken by another container, or you may need to change the listening port in Mattermost call app config.

On 8/30/2023 at 7:42 AM, Dark_Lobster said:

I found you need two things for the recommended RTC udp port forwarding solution to work:

1. Port forwarding UDP/8443 in firewall to the Unraid/Mattermost server

2. In the Unraid docker deployment page for Mattermost, manually add another listening port with 8443. (bottom of page +

Add another Path, Port, Variable, Label or Device) Config Type = Port.  I just named it RTC listen port and put 8443 as Container and Host port, Connection type UDP - then Add and Apply.

Make sure 8443 is not taken by another container, or you may need to change the listening port in Mattermost call app config.

So i had that idea before posting here, in the screenshots provided below is there anything else i should change in either the container or the call app config page ?.

image.thumb.png.0d3f8d5fa6fa3a2b6e95a3214b974fa0.png

image.thumb.png.0f5365c95bb5186dc4c6acd87bb792d9.png

On 8/29/2023 at 1:23 PM, Monteroman said:

App: LibreNMS

I've installed and configured the LibreNMS docker and the database generated perfectly and I was able to add devices, but when I run the validate scripts, it's failing on the poller stating that it isn't configured.

When I get into the cli of the docker and run an "artisan schedule:list", it produces the following:

*/5 * * * *  Closure at: app/Console/Kernel.php:75

0   1 * * 0  php artisan maintenance:fetch-ouis --wait

I'm going to take a leap here and guess that the first line should be going to /opt/librenms/poller-wrapper.py or something else??

If I run the poller-wrapper.py manually, it does execute a poll like it should, but for some reason, the built-in schedule to run it is trying to run "Closure at: app/Console/Kernel.php:75" instead.

Any thoughts?

It's because this docker template is boogered.  LibreNMS docker container (for the past year) install now expects a full docker stack now, which runs 2 installations of LibreNMS, with one of them as the dedicated poller.    A76 refuses to update his template to accommodate.  

https://github.com/librenms/docker

• Like 1