[Plugin] Docker Folder

Hi, I've been working on fixing the plugin for a while, and I have something that works, but there are some problems.

1. Due to how I made unraid show the folder on the dashboard "Expanded on Dashboard button" no longer works.
  2. Folders in the VM tab when moved will hide the VM underneath.
  3. Broken dashboard if there aren't any VM.

I have made a pull request on github.
Hope to be helpful.

• Like 9

I too, use and love this plugin.  It makes my docker tab usable honestly.  I've got nearly 30 docker containers so without it can be a struggle to quickly find the container I need to work on for whatever reason.  If I knew more about webUI coding I'd definitely roll up my shelves and give it ago but alas.... The best I do is offer a case or bottle of someone's favorite beverage as a thank you. :)

I am a noob and my buddy helped me set some stuff up and hasn't given me a full run down yet. I figured a few things out in folders and how to rearrange folders...but can someone please tell me how do I rearrange the order of the docker containers in the folders? Every time I click on the double orange arrow I end up highlighting text. Is this a bug or am I just lost? 

984789322_Screenshot2023-07-02at18_25_30.thumb.png.0f075dcf4ec58d4256169875d3dee5df.png

1 hour ago, itsjustdibella said:

I am a noob and my buddy helped me set some stuff up and hasn't given me a full run down yet. I figured a few things out in folders and how to rearrange folders...but can someone please tell me how do I rearrange the order of the docker containers in the folders? Every time I click on the double orange arrow I end up highlighting text. Is this a bug or am I just lost? 

unRAID: 6.12.2

I'm having the same issue, I can't rearrange the containers within the folders.

Additionally I can rearrange the folders, but when i go to lock the page or refresh the page the order resets

This plugin allows me to run scripts on the dashboard to stop the miners using the GPU and start my virtual machines so I can play. I hope you can work on making this new plugin usable with version 6.12.2.

I don't know if it's just me with the problem, since the plugin works fine from the Dockers and VMs page, but the most I use it is from the Dashboard page.

2 hours ago, JhonScript said:

This plugin allows me to run scripts on the dashboard to stop the miners using the GPU and start my virtual machines so I can play. I hope you can work on making this new plugin usable with version 6.12.2.

I don't know if it's just me with the problem, since the plugin works fine from the Dockers and VMs page, but the most I use it is from the Dashboard page.

The changelog shows:

Unraid 6.12 updates (docker / vm tab ONLY)

It's not broken, it just isn't available.  I too use the dashboard the majority of the time and love the script launching feature.   we will have to wait and see if anyone is able to extend the support to the dashboard page. 

On 7/2/2023 at 6:03 PM, Alchemist Zim said:

unRAID: 6.12.2

I'm having the same issue, I can't rearrange the containers within the folders.

Additionally I can rearrange the folders, but when i go to lock the page or refresh the page the order resets

It seems that if you change the startup order on the cfg file inside dockerMan, it will respect that order even if the folders arent showing correctly. Had a couple of boot cycles and everything works. Hope it helps.

path: /boot/config/plugins/dockerMan

• Like 2
23 hours ago, dealanis said:

It seems that if you change the startup order on the cfg file inside dockerMan, it will respect that order even if the folders arent showing correctly. Had a couple of boot cycles and everything works. Hope it helps.

Followed this, but sadly for me its not honouring the folder arrangement in userprefs.cfg. The preferred order in the file is maintained between reboots. However, once the array starts, its in a different order

10 hours ago, sonic6 said:

did you change the ordner of the folder, or the container names in the userprefs.cfg ?

I'm sorry, I took a second look and is not working. when the plugin worked userprefs.cfg shows all the dockers in the desired order and a position for the folder.  Tried to replicate that without success.

Getting the uptime of the dockers using "docker inspect", it is actually using an alphabetical order, first A-Z then a-z (ignoring GUI)

Sorry if I wrongly got anyone hopes up, the issue seems to be elsewhere.

• Like 1
On 7/3/2023 at 11:15 PM, dealanis said:

userprefs.cfg is showing the correct order

im guessing you can't do the same for the containers themselves, and not just the folders?

On 7/17/2023 at 1:48 PM, Quafley said:

Hello everyone,

As of 6.12 I have no ticed that it is not possible to move the order of containers (apps) within the folders. Is this already on the radar? I have attached a video to illustrate my issue.

3 messages up, this is broken in 6.12, there was an attempt to fix it but it didn't work correctly.

Hi @Squid, appreciate you must be very busy but is there any chance you could take a look at this plugin, again, and see if it's possible to fix in 6.12.XX

Issue is around changing the order of folders and containers, useful video in the post above showing whats wrong.

Edited by 1471
typo

I'm not really sure if that's doable with the changes in the UI.  

What this plugin needs is a complete re-write by someone who is going to actually maintain it, rather than myself who doesn't use it and simply more or less got it to somewhat work on 6.12 rather than letting it die.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Squid said:

I'm not really sure if that's doable with the changes in the UI.  

What this plugin needs is a complete re-write by someone who is going to actually maintain it, rather than myself who doesn't use it and simply more or less got it to somewhat work on 6.12 rather than letting it die.

Yea makes sense, appreciate the reply.

As people have said before, looks like the original author, @GuildDarts, hasn't been active since August 31 2021, so best hope is for someone else with the skills to pick this up.

Would be a shame for it to die as such a useful plugin! Hoping @scolcipitato might have had some luck!

Edited by 1471