[Plugin] Nvidia-Driver

ich777

15 minutes ago, vedadechiee said:

plex shows the gpu but is not using it for transcoding. anything im doing wrong?

and you are sure the stream needs to be transcoded ?

like Browser playback ... what does the plex dashboard say ?

btw. syslog only is not really helpful, rather a diagnostics like always asked for.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, alturismo said:

actually, i use it here like this with 2 VM's and my dGPU's are not bound to VFiO ... all Apps (Dockers) where only pointed to /dev/dri to use the iGPU and i personally had no issues, but you are warned and know why ... in case ... ;)

and i use nvidia-persistenced to keep them in sleep while not in use (VMs off, as far as it goes ...)

Cool, this is much more helpful! 

So guessing by the use of `nvidia-persistenced` you have the Nvidia Driver plugin installed with your configuration?

I'll give it a go this weekend!

8 minutes ago, pashashocky said:

So guessing by the use of `nvidia-persistenced` you have the Nvidia Driver plugin installed with your configuration?

But please make sure that you kill nvidia-persistenced before starting a VM, otherwise you will most likely crash your server.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, alturismo said:

and you are sure the stream needs to be transcoded ?

like Browser playback ... what does the plex dashboard say ?

btw. syslog only is not really helpful, rather a diagnostics like always asked for.

my bad ive only used unraid for 5 days so im a real greenhorn to server stuff. dashboard only show cpu and ram usage for 1 user. im upgrading cpu to a i9 9900ks. id like to start using unraid for more then a plex server. i have an extra evga 1080 would that be enough for 4 users? im thinking about using the 3080 for other projects.

Untitled6.png

homel1-diagnostics-20240216-0852.zip

Edited by vedadechiee
1 hour ago, vedadechiee said:

my bad ive only used unraid for 5 days so im a real greenhorn to server stuff. dashboard only show cpu and ram usage for 1 user.

actually has nothing todo with Server or Unraid, your Dashboard while you have a Playback running ...

like this ...

image.thumb.png.cd9bf46417c12d21560ae0a2b16ddbbe.png

1 hour ago, vedadechiee said:

i have an extra evga 1080 would that be enough for 4 users?

if you are talking about transcodes, yes ... @home you should avoid transcoding and look forward for direct play, just as note ... makes no sence to transcode @home ... only remote to spare bandwith.

current limit is 8.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Gee1 said:

unraid is on kernel 6.1 since years.. theres still no "next"  beta version to test it with newer kernels.. so i ask.. WHEN ^^

I think that I'm not qualified enough to tell since I'm not part of the Unraid team.

6 hours ago, joey911 said:

Took me a while to find the key values and such but once I did it worked like a charm.  

Examples and the parameters are mentioned in the second post of this thread.

There are always extra steps necessary for Docker, regardless if you are using AMD, Intel or Nvidia.

If you want to pass a device through you always have to specify extra parameters.

1 hour ago, Haldanite said:

I received this alert and not really sure what to do about it other than follow the instructions and post the screenshot..

Do you hve a AdBlocker or Unifi network hear on your network who are maybe blocking the GitHub API?

If you have a active internet connection on boot then it should be safe to reboot because the plugin will pull down the new driver on boot but please be aware that the boot can take a bit longer sonce it downloads the driver on boot (about 200MB).

Thanks.  No AdBlocker on my network and I'm not running any Unifi network equipment either.  I'm in the middle of transferring some files, but I'll give it a reboot and monitor it on my screen.  The box is connected directly to my Asus Router.  Here's hoping everything works out.  :)

1 hour ago, timetheonce said:

Thanks for your plugin and it help me a lot since 2021.

May I ask where you are located in the world?

Did you wait while you where upgrading Unraid itself that your server said it is now safe to reboot?

Please go to your plugin page and see if you have a Plugin Error tab and if the Nvidia Driver plugin is in there.

Do you have any AdBlocking or Unifi network gear on your network somewhere?

Please open up a Unraid terminal, issue this command and post the output here:

wget -qO- https://api.github.com/repos/ich777/unraid-nvidia-driver/releases/tags/6.1.74-Unraid | jq -r '.assets[].name' | grep "nvidia" | grep -E -v '\.md5$' | sort -V | tail -1

15 minutes ago, Haldanite said:

After the reboot I saw it downloading like you said.  However, when I go into Plex settings now I don't have the ability to select my video card for Hardware Transcoding.  It only gives me the option of Auto.

Diagnostics or anything a bit more helpful. Is the plugin installed, does the card show up in the plugin? Very little information to troubleshoot.

15 minutes ago, Haldanite said:

After the reboot I saw it downloading like you said.  However, when I go into Plex settings now I don't have the ability to select my video card for Hardware Transcoding.  It only gives me the option of Auto.

Well, it looks like it is working so I think I'm fine.

image.png.7840be1681742d4a7e41b44f68b8cf7b.pngimage.png.64d47a7233cf22b135c5da9383fd2658.png

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

May I ask where you are located in the world?

I am physically in Mainland China, my server is connected to global network through a HongKong VPN. 

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Please open up a Unraid terminal, issue this command and post the output here:

wget -qO- https://api.github.com/repos/ich777/unraid-nvidia-driver/releases/tags/6.1.74-Unraid | jq -r '.assets[].name' | grep "nvidia" | grep -E -v '\.md5$' | sort -V | tail -1

It shows nothing.

However, I switched my VPN to the USA and reinstall the plugin, it seems everything back to normal. I guess either there is something wrong with my Hongkong node or Hongkong internet itself.

image.thumb.png.d7dec052ad0dba53e9869ab499f16522.png

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, timetheonce said:

It shows nothing.

Then your VPN also blocks the GitHub API, it should return:

nvidia-550.40.07-6.1.74-Unraid-1.txz

6 minutes ago, timetheonce said:

I am physically in Mainland China

I've know already that China is problematic with the GitHub API some times but not always which is very strange.

7 minutes ago, timetheonce said:

I guess either there is something wrong with my Hongkong node or Hongkong internet itself.

Glad to hear that it is now working again.

• Thanks 1