[Plugin] Nvidia-Driver

ich777

47 minutes ago, Scootter said:

I have tried different drivers along with removing the plugin and reinstalling it. Here is what my Nvidia driver page looks like.

Have you rebooted in between installing the drivers?

First, thanks for all the work you do to provide this plugin! I suddenly have started having issues with any docker that uses --runtime=nvidia. I first noticed after a system reboot and saw that Plex had not started up. When I tried to start it I immediately got "Execution Error, Bad parameter".

This usually indicates that the runtime is not working properly and also is logged in your syslog.

What packages have you installed from the Nerd Pack? I can only imagine that you have something installed that is interfering with the Nvidia Driver.

Have you changed anything recently in your system, may it be the hardware or software (Docker, Plugins,...)

I did have the nvidia power script

Which script?

It should be enough, if you use your card only for Docker container to append:

nvidia-persistenced

to your go file, no script needed.

@Scootter I was somehow able to reproduce your issue on my test server but not on my main server.

This maybe sounds really stupid but to solve the issue I simply copied the GPU UUID from the plugin again in the template at NVIDIA_VISIBLE_DEVICES and clicked Apply again and the container is now running again... This also survives reboots too.

Don't know what caused this, maybe it was the up and downgrades that I've did on my test server...

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, ich777 said:

@Scootter I was somehow able to reproduce your issue on my test server but not on my main server.

This maybe sounds really stupid but to solve the issue I simply copied the GPU UUID from the plugin again in the template at NVIDIA_VISIBLE_DEVICES and clicked Apply again and the container is now running again... This also survives reboots too.

Don't know what caused this, maybe it was the up and downgrades that I've did on my test server...

I totally forgot I had the nerdpack installed and a couple packages that I don't even use. I uninstalled all that, rebooted and it all works!

Thank you and sorry for the extra legwork you had to do. Maybe this will help if someone else has the issue at least.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Scootter said:

Thank you and sorry for the extra legwork you had to do. Maybe this will help if someone else has the issue at least.

No worries, glad that it is now solved for you!

May I ask if you had to do anything else other then uninstall the NerdPack including the packages and reboot or did you do anything else?

• Thanks 1
9 hours ago, ich777 said:

Recently there where made a few necessary changes for 6.11+ and on how the plugins works (download, detection on available versions, paths to the packages) and I‘ve simply made a few trivial mistakes so that this was happening.

Sorry for the inconvenience...

Thanks for taking care of it so quickly! 

Shit, i'm just glad it wasn't something i did 🙂

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, autumnwalker said:

I was having the same issue posted by others here about failing download. I updated the plugin to 2022.08.02a and I don't see the warning anymore. Do I need to run the manual terminal command or force a download now?

No, If you got the error message like the other users simply go to the download page and click Update & Download, then it should download the driver properly.

When it downloaded it correctly in the first place you see that it only verifies the checksum and it says that everything is okay you can reboot.

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, ich777 said:

No, If you got the error message like the other users simply go to the download page and click Update & Download, then it should download the driver properly.

When it downloaded it correctly in the first place you see that it only verifies the checksum and it says that everything is okay you can reboot.

Had a similar problem. Clicking the download button results in the following messages:

Nothing to do, Nvidia Drivers v515.65.01 already downloaded.
CHECKSUM ERROR!
Can't download Nvidia Driver Package

I re-installed 5.15.57 successfully. I then tried to used the production branch option which should have installed version v515.65.01 (version listed next to production) but instead tried to install 5.15.57 again. Further it errored out with the same messages as 515.65.01 did but citing version 5.15.57.

I then switched to the latest version option and was able to download and install version 515.65.01 successfully.

I tried to switch back to production branch (preferred setting) again and despite it showing latest production version as 515.65.01 tried and failed to download version 515.57 (Can't download Nvidia Driver Package).

If I can provide any logs or diagnostic information to help figure this out let me know and I'll get it.

4 hours ago, supawiz6991 said:

Small Update: Updated the plugin to version 2022.08.02a. Still experiencing the problem where when I try to use the production option it still tries to download 515.57 instead of 515.65.01 and fails with: Can't download Nvidia Driver Package v515.57.

Same problem, I selected to download 515.57 from the Available Versions section and it appears to have worked but I have not rebooted yet. 

Switching back to v515.65.01, it keeps throwing CHECKSUM ERROR and "Can't download Nvidia Driver Package v515.57".

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Xed said:

Switching back to v515.65.01, it keeps throwing CHECKSUM ERROR and "Can't download Nvidia Driver Package v515.57".

8 hours ago, supawiz6991 said:

Can't download Nvidia Driver Package v515.57.

I will look into that shortly and report back.

EDIT: I have now changed the Download routine again and found a few bugs that should now be resolved.

Please update the plugin to version 2022.08.04 and try to download the driver again.

The reason behind this is that I've completely overhauled how the Update & Download button works because for the upcoming changes fro 6.11+

• Like 1
On 7/25/2022 at 10:44 AM, ich777 said:

Yes and no because a VM handles everything diffent and the card is basically newly initialized when you fire it up like it is the case if you have in the a real computer installed.

Hope this makes a bit of sense to you.

Don‘t get me wrong but HP and Dell are really „special“ about their branded hardware and I remember a time where some components won‘t work if they weren‘t speciflicy from Dell or HP and also some parts won‘t work in other computers if the machine wasn‘t from Dell or HP.

Only wanted to point that put. ;)

Also make sure that the card get‘s enough power, I remember a few useres here also with Dell servers which had all issues with these kind of cards and servers.

Also, while trying the card in your personal computer, did you install the drivers and put a 3D load on it?

Do you boot Unraid with UEFI or CSM (Legacy).

If you are using UEFI try CSM instead.

Hi again,

I was able to get the card to work in a VM oddly enough but not in Unraid. However, I installed another card I had laying around (1060 3gb) and it worked flawlessly with the plugin. Very strange indeed and perhaps there is something wrong with the card. 

• Like 1
22 hours ago, ich777 said:

I will look into that shortly and report back.

EDIT: I have now changed the Download routine again and found a few bugs that should now be resolved.

Please update the plugin to version 2022.08.04 and try to download the driver again.

The reason behind this is that I've completely overhauled how the Update & Download button works because for the upcoming changes fro 6.11+

HI,
Updated the plugin and retested. Production option reported nothing to do since version 515.65.01 is already installed, which is the expected behavior.

I then manually selected version v515.57. Download and Install were successful. 

After a reboot, I then selected the production option again. Version 515.65.01 was successfully downloaded and installed.

Upon reboot, the plugin was reporting that 515.65.01 was the installed driver!

Understandable and it is appreciated that you are hard at work getting things ready!

At this point the issue appears to be fully resolved for me! Thanks for the fast response!

• Like 1
7 hours ago, KineticPie said:

Hello, I have a graphics card that only runs with the drivers from 390.xxx, is it possible to install the drivers manually?

i would say no, as stated pretty often before ;)

may as note, most old cards which could really need these old drivers are note really useful  annyway anymore, no hevc decode, no real hw encoding ...  also pretty high idle power consumption ... and as there are decent Alternatives may consider updating your GPU ?

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, KineticPie said:

I would like to do transcoding for my jellyfin Docker container. 

This is not possible with such an old card because it is simply not supported by Nvidia in Docker containers and this card also won‘t support most codecs used nowadays.

• Like 1
On 8/11/2022 at 7:44 AM, thanhkhoa84 said:

My rig has an AMD 7770 as main GPU, a P2000 for plex. After installing the plugin my Unraid cannot boot into GUI mode. Has anyone having the same issue like me?

To what GPU is your Screen attached to?

Please open up a terminal and execute this command and reboot afterwards:

sed -i "/disable_xconfig=/c\disable_xconfig=true" /boot/config/plugins/nvidia-driver/settings.cfg

• Upvote 1

Everything was running fine on my server until I had to shutdown and then restart.  We had a power outage and I turned off the server before my battery was exhausted.  When I rebooted, I noticed that Emby didn't start.  It had an update so I tried updating it which failed and somehow the container for Emby disappeared.

Then I noticed that the Nvidia plugin was also gone and there is a single line in the "Plugin File Install Errors" section saying.

Plugin File                                                                        Status

/boot/config/plugins-error/nvidia-driver.plg                          Error

Can anyone point me in the right direction of what happened and how to fix it?

syslog.txt

Edited by Spyderturbo007
1 hour ago, Spyderturbo007 said:

Can anyone point me in the right direction of what happened and how to fix it?

Did you maybe reboot twice?

Do you update your plugins on a regular basis, is it possible that you weren't on the latest plugin version?

Do the following:

1. Delete the plugin from the error tab
  2. Reboot
  3. Grab a fresh copy from the Nvidia Driver from the CA App
  4. Disable and enable the Docker service
  5. Go to your Docker page and click on the bottom on Add Container
  6. From the drop-down select your Emby container (everything should be populated and how it was before) and click Apply

If you got any issues, feel free to contact me again.

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, ich777 said:

Did you maybe reboot twice?

Do you update your plugins on a regular basis, is it possible that you weren't on the latest plugin version?

Do the following:

1. Delete the plugin from the error tab
  2. Reboot
  3. Grab a fresh copy from the Nvidia Driver from the CA App
  4. Disable and enable the Docker service
  5. Go to your Docker page and click on the bottom on Add Container
  6. From the drop-down select your Emby container (everything should be populated and how it was before) and click Apply

If you got any issues, feel free to contact me again.

That worked perfectly.  Thanks so much for your help!  Emby is up and running again and everything seems to be working perfectly.

I update about once a week so it should have been the most recent.  

• Like 1
On 8/11/2022 at 1:14 PM, ich777 said:

To what GPU is your Screen attached to?

Please open up a terminal and execute this command and reboot afterwards:

sed -i "/disable_xconfig=/c\disble_xconfig=true" /boot/config/plugins/nvidia-driver/settings.cfg

I have my screen attached to AMD GPU

I had fixed typo in the command 'disable_xconfig' instead of  'disble_xconfig' and it works like a charm.

Thanks for your help @ich777

Edited by thanhkhoa84
  • Like 1