[Plugin] Appdata.Backup

Please try this:

Open /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/appdata.backup/pages/content/settings.php. Scroll down to line 214, saying "<form id=abSettingsForm>". Just after that line, insert this:

<input type="hidden" name="csrf_token" value="<?=_var($var,'csrf_token')?>">

Save it and reload the settings page and try to save. What is happening now?

You did not set the Allowed sources correctly. Instead of setting every single container appdata path, just type in /mnt/user and /mnt/cache. Your containers have /mnt/user share paths and get sanitized because the plugin treats them as external volume.

Hi, I tried just having mnt/cache as the source and that didn't work either, getting exactly the same error where it can't see anything so it skips it. I'm not really following what you meant if I did that wrong, sorry.

Am I the only one who struggles to parse the "Dont stop container? Yes/No" setting?

The double negative plays with my brain and I always have to take extra time to understand what Yes/No does.

Should/could it instead be something like "Stop container before backup? Yes/No"?

Hello,

Good team, I would like to report an error that I have detected when you install the plugin and the system starts. I get a message indicating that the rm command is executed but without arguments.
I leave a screenshot to make it easier to see it. I have tried to uninstall the plugin and the error disappears, when I reinstall it appears again.

Great job with this plugin and thanks.

Best regards.

rm-missing-operand-error.png

On 8/3/2023 at 5:01 PM, fearLess said:

Hi, I tried just having mnt/cache as the source and that didn't work either, getting exactly the same error where it can't see anything so it skips it. I'm not really following what you meant if I did that wrong, sorry.

Yeah so I managed to get user and cache in there, but now it's just trying to back up like over 1.5TB or data and I don't know why

Edit- Yeah I just checked and it's trying to back up everything within my media drive for some reason even though I only have appdata selected

Edited by fearLess
On 8/3/2023 at 6:01 PM, fearLess said:

Hi, I tried just having mnt/cache as the source and that didn't work either

Please share the _exact_ value of the setting

On 8/4/2023 at 4:56 PM, Omid said:

Am I the only one who struggles to parse the "Dont stop container? Yes/No" setting?

You are the first for me :) Dont stop -> No: Stops it (default). Dont Stop -> Yes, leave them running. Maybe I adapt the wording in a future update.

On 8/5/2023 at 12:22 PM, Mcklaren said:

I would like to report an error that I have detected when you install the plugin and the system starts.

Never noticed it, I'll check this, thanks!

On 8/5/2023 at 11:16 PM, fearLess said:

Yeah so I managed to get user and cache in there, but now it's just trying to back up like over 1.5TB or data and I don't know why

Ah, okay - then it seems you need some exclusions. Please still share the settings. Please determine which volume mappings could be ignored during backup and set them as exclusion.

General: Sorry for late response time, still busy with things outside Unraid. To top it all off, my productive Unraid server crashed and needed to make the overdue server replacement.

I will look into all issues and features the next weeks.

P.S.: Someone posted issues regading notifications sent when they should not. Could not reproduce that on my new system with my own plugin.

P.P.S.: The next plan is to open up github issue page. I lost the overview of the issues here. I need a better way of organize issues. Its a mess to deal with issue tracking within one thread. Maybe Unraid opens up the bug tracker within the forum for plugins but until this, I would switch to Github Issues.

I also plan to change the way debug logs get shared with me: The next version offers an one-click solution which uploads your config and debug log to me. You receive a unique ID for you to post which enables me to view your (maybe sensititive) log for debugging purpose.

• Like 3

Well, the postbackup is set to trigger after the main backup method is finished. Depending on how you set it, the container stop all, backup all and then start all OR single stop, single backup, single start, next one. And after that mechanism, the postbackup is run one time. That results in being started after the containers are back up, yes.

I could change that behavior, but when to run the script in case of single stop, backup, start mode?

Hi to everyone, and first Thanks so much for this awesome plugin.

I'm facing one problem regarding the task of updating a docker during the run, when the same image docker is being use over two dockers:

[09.08.2023 04:59:52][Main][info] Auto-Update for 'bazarr' is enabled - checking for update...
[09.08.2023 04:59:53][Main][info] Update available! Installing...
[09.08.2023 05:00:10][Main][info] Update finished (hopefully).
[09.08.2023 05:00:10][Main][info] Auto-Update for 'ApacheGuacamole' is enabled - checking for update...
[09.08.2023 05:00:12][Main][info] No update available.
[09.08.2023 05:00:12][Main][info] Auto-Update for 'bazarr-vo' is enabled - checking for update...
[09.08.2023 05:00:15][Main][info] No update available.
[09.08.2023 05:00:15][Main][info] Auto-Update for 'sonarr-vo' is enabled - checking for update...
[09.08.2023 05:00:18][Main][info] No update available.
[09.08.2023 05:00:18][Main][warning] An error occurred during backup! RETENTION WILL NOT BE CHECKED! Please review the log. If you need further assistance, ask in the support forum.
[09.08.2023 05:00:18][Main][info] DONE! Thanks for using this plugin and have a safe day ;)
[09.08.2023 05:00:18][Main][info] ❤️

The problem is for example in this logs the dockers are pulling over the same docker image is "Bazarr" so I have two docker "bazarr" and "bazarr-vo" and when it has a new image version only gets update the first that it finds it, the next docker sharing the same docker image finds that there's no new image to pull, but when it start it doesn't start updated. So this problema is the same with all the dockers that are sharing the same docker image, so only gets update the first that finds the new docker image to be update, the rest never gets update.

I was facing several this problem several days ago, but in the community I didn't find anyone with the problem.

Thanks to all and best regards.

17 hours ago, RichardU said:

Seems like Retention options are actually in the Main settings area

Yep, never noticed that. I correct that within a next update

1 hour ago, alkon_rojo said:

The problem is for example in this logs the dockers are pulling over the same docker image is "Bazarr" so I have two docker "bazarr" and "bazarr-vo" and when it has a new image version only gets update the first

You are right. And thats how the update check works here. It checks the image for update. Not sure if I forgot something - because I make it the same way Unraid does. I have to check, if Unraid behaves the same way or if Unraid handles that case. I will adapt the plugin accordingly

28 minutes ago, KluthR said:

You are right. And thats how the update check works here. It checks the image for update. Not sure if I forgot something - because I make it the same way Unraid does. I have to check, if Unraid behaves the same way or if Unraid handles that case. I will adapt the plugin accordingly

Perfect Thanks! Just In case when the old version for Unraid < 6.12 (ca.backup2) was working correctly.

Hi,

I have just got round to moving from ca.backup2 to this plugin, thanks very much for taking over.

In my first backup, Plex took 30 minutes to backup and then 30 minutes to verify, and the output file is 50GB compared to the Plex appdata folder being 25GB.

Everything else seemed to go smoothly, but the slow speed and huge size of the Plex backup has me concerned. Do you have any ideas? 

ab.debug.log ab.log

48 minutes ago, KluthR said:

Not sure. The backup only picks up /mnt/user/appdata/plex which seems correct. And that folder ist 25GB compared to 50GB for the plex.tar.gz??

Ah, it seems as though Krusader was just being very slow to calculate the Plex folder size - it now says that Plex is 42.6GB compared to 50GB for the plex.tar.gz. Perhaps that is normal? Screenshots attached.

Screenshot 2023-08-09 at 14.42.14.png

Screenshot 2023-08-09 at 14.43.04.png

I am testing this plugin and there is some questions I can't find any info about here.

1. What does this tell me?
    [10.08.2023 07:35:14] Backing Up
    /usr/bin/tar: ./qbittorrent/qBittorrent/ipc-socket: socket ignored

2. What does the "Verify Backups" option do?

3. On USB backup it is noted that "NOTE: USB Backup is deprecated on Unraid version 6.9.0 It is advised to use the Unraid.net plugin instead". Is this option to backup the USB stick where Unraid is stored? Is there any reason this is not recommended? Will it stop working?
    I understand Unraid.net plugin is not free, and is a subscription service.

4. When restoring backup I see that there is just possible to select full storage.
  • A) Is it possible to just restore one appdata-folder (for one app) from a full backup? I see that is not a option, not even from splitted backups.
  • B) If the appdata-folder is containing appdata not backed up (app-folders not included in backup ect), will these be deleted in the restore-process or will they be untouched?
  • C) if you restore to an existing app-data app folder (like nextcloud or any), will this script just add not existing files or will it overwrite files with same name/path?  What about files just in app-data but not in the backup?
Edited by Flemming
On 8/9/2023 at 10:28 AM, KluthR said:

The old plugin relied on the extra update plugin (I forgot its name). 

Exactly (CA Auto Update Applications) so the behavior of it, is the perfect behavior when you have multiple dockers using the same docker image on the moment of the update of the docker.

Thanks again for all the effort of it.

17 hours ago, Alex.b said:

I just uninstalled Appdata Backup/Restore v2.5, I tried to install the new version but not found ? Am I blind or unRAID 6.12 version is needed ? 😅 I'm on unRAID 6.11.5

image.thumb.png.660dc9ee8f7157f6a7031dbb1b0cd192.png

I found out that it is.

You will not find the new "Appdata Backup" if you are on anything below "6.12". and it is also the other way, you will not find the Appdata Backup/Restore v2.5 on anything above "6.12".

• Upvote 1
On 8/3/2023 at 7:59 AM, KluthR said:

Please try this:

Open /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/appdata.backup/pages/content/settings.php. Scroll down to line 214, saying "<form id=abSettingsForm>". Just after that line, insert this:

<input type="hidden" name="csrf_token" value="<?=_var($var,'csrf_token')?>">

Save it and reload the settings page and try to save. What is happening now?

Sorry for the late reply, just saw your answer.

Just tried now and everything is working now. Thanks a lot!

Edit: some settings didnt stick, like individual app settings (dont stop container).

Edit 2: only xml files are in the backup folder. i know this is a known issue, just confirming it. scratch that, its ok.

Edited by kjames2001