Unraid OS version 6.12.4 available

ljm42

8 hours ago, caplam said:

i had unclean shutdown problems. I solved them by setting longer timing for vm and docker shutdown. If i remember correctly it was in 6.12.1 but not entirely sure.

Lastly in 6.12.3 i had no problem (but few reboots).

Attached is my diags. I think the server didn't reboot since the upgrade.

godzilla-diagnostics-20230905-1124.zip 254.06 kB · 0 downloads

I just upgraded and also got the Unclean shutdown message.

Details:

I always stop my docker containers first.  Then I stop the array.  The array did stop cleanly.

After the reboot, I got the Unclean shutdown message, however, the parity check did not start, and the parity says "valid".

1 hour ago, JorgeB said:

That possibly indicates a false message from the plugin, Unraid doesn't generate unclean shutdown notifications, it just starts a parity check.

Thanks for pointing me in that direction.  I just found the Parity Check Tuning forum and this is a known issue, being worked on.

2 hours ago, eggman9713 said:

Just a thing I noted when installing this update. When I was ready to update I clicked on the Update Now link in the banner on the main page rather than going to Tools > Update OS. That bypassed the required acknowledgement of the release notes that you had implemented recently. Probably should fix that. :)

Yeah, adding it to Tools > Update OS is just the first step. We'll deal with the banner in the future.

• Like 1

Finally pulled the trigger, and updated from 6.10.3 to 6.12.4.  Everything went smoothly, but I had backed up, documented and shut down everything before updating.

All of my services/dockers are running without needing any adjustments, and all else looks good.  Thanks to everyone on the team for not accepting Good enough as an answer, and for finding solutions to the issues that the Unraid user base identified.

10 hours ago, ConnerVT said:

Finally pulled the trigger, and updated from 6.10.3 to 6.12.4.  Everything went smoothly, but I had backed up, documented and shut down everything before updating.

All of my services/dockers are running without needing any adjustments, and all else looks good.  Thanks to everyone on the team for not accepting Good enough as an answer, and for finding solutions to the issues that the Unraid user base identified.

Did you power down or do a restart?  Just wondering if your system crashed or if you even tempted fate?

I just went to upgrade today from 6.11.5 to 6.12.4, but as my usb drive was only a 1gb when I installed it many moons ago, I got an error:

boot device shows 222715904 free but upgrade needs 441156311

So, I guess it's time to upgrade the usb drive to something larger, but if I remember correctly, the install of unraid is tied to the usb drive - can someone point me to the docs or steps for upgrading your usb drive?

13 minutes ago, Jaxah said:

I just went to upgrade today from 6.11.5 to 6.12.4, but as my usb drive was only a 1gb when I installed it many moons ago, I got an error:

So, I guess it's time to upgrade the usb drive to something larger, but if I remember correctly, the install of unraid is tied to the usb drive - can someone point me to the docs or steps for upgrading your usb drive?

I think that you could also use the Manual upgrade method (although it is getting a bit tight with a 1GB flash drive).

6 hours ago, craigr said:
16 hours ago, ConnerVT said:

Did you power down or do a restart?  Just wondering if your system crashed or if you even tempted fate?

I did a reboot in this case.  It was my original server (now the backup NAS) that was where I was always having this issue.  I figured I would try a reboot on the main server when I updated, to see if it behaved or not  (Spoiler Alert - It behaved).  That server was at over 7 months uptime, doesn't get stopped very often.

• Thanks 1

I'm still getting what appear to be macvlan call traces after applying this.  The odd thing is, I set the network type to ipvlan in 6.12.3 and if I check the docker networks there isn't even a macvlan network.

NETWORK ID     NAME       DRIVER    SCOPE
68ad20afc8e2   bridge     bridge    local
a7904065acfc   host       host      local
85c9f1a91a4e   none       null      local
a66a6a6c0090   proxynet   bridge    local

tower-diagnostics-20230908-1718.zip

updated to 6.12.4 as 6.12.3 was hard crashing every few days. (6.12.2 before it lost me days tracking down some kind of plugin corruption).

Now all my shares have disappeared, meaning more hours of debugging  and faffing around.

What's happened unRAID? I've used it for years and it's been rock solid. Now nothing but issues and problems and hassle????

5 hours ago, JorgeB said:

Those can still happen if you still use macvlan with bridging, either use ipvlan, or if you really require macvlan disable bridging, see the release notes.

This going to be a problem for me. I'm running VM's on my unraid with Network Source: br0. So I can give every VM a static ip address.  So I can RDP to my Windows 10 VM. So how do I gonna resolve this with bridging disable?

image.png.4e63e60cace1094690867e2b0f8e3228.png

My win 10 vm:

image.png.8f72646387f90c8cf6453023eaea0df3.png

Edited by CiscoCoreX