Unraid OS version 6.12.11 available

FYI:
Noticed on two running instances:
Instance 01 - does not populate 6.12.11 update available in banner + update assistant does not detect 6.12.11 new version<6.12.10 detected as latest>

Instance 02 - does populate 6.12.11 update available in banner + update assistant does not detect 6.12.11 new version. <6.12.10 detected as latest>

Thanks for all the hard work over the years!

2 hours ago, Veah said:

Check Settings > Notification Settings > Unraid OS update notification: _____

For me this is not the cause. Two of my tree servers don`t search/find updates by them self.

The only way to go is a manual push for update search.

But these two backup servers are powered on for short times only. So it could be, that the update search does not happen at the right time.

After manual search, update assistant does not recognise the available update.

24.07.24-22.50.51.png

Edited by jojo345
1 hour ago, jojo345 said:

For me this is not the cause. Two of my tree servers don`t search/find updates by them self.

The only way to go is a manual push for update search.

But these two backup servers are powered on for short times only. So it could be, that the update search does not happen at the right time.

After manual search, update assistant does not recognise the available update.

24.07.24-22.50.51.png

+1 Same concern here <posted above>

7 hours ago, jojo345 said:

I doubt that. My main server is at over 3 month uptime currently. Still no update notification. There must be something else that's failing.

On 7/17/2024 at 9:21 AM, JorgeB said:

BTW, if anyone wants to test, and due to a kernel patch, this release should no longer have issues with macvlan and bridging enabled.

Does this mean that in theory all call trace crashes related to macvlan should be resolved in this release? 

1 hour ago, hawihoney said:

I doubt that. My main server is at over 3 month uptime currently. Still no update notification. There must be something else that's failing.

I guess you are right.

After reboot today the manually pushed update information is not present anymore..

10 minutes ago, Seraphys said:

Does host access to custom networks need to be enabled now that bridging is working? It's normally off for ipvlan

If you want host access to customs networks and you're planning to use bridge and macvlan then yes.  Don't know for ipvlan.

18 hours ago, hawihoney said:

You're talking about these?

Screenshot_2024-07-24-23-03-00-130_com.android.chrome-edit.thumb.jpg.4bc62fcea5e30d909261ed1a95e5a8f9.jpg

Still no update banner in my browser. First time in many years as I wrote.

Right above that, how often is it set to check for updates? I had the same issue until I checked and saw it was not checking

image.thumb.png.e13708d8daced13a9d6e19db2c7c0763.pngimage.thumb.png.e13708d8daced13a9d6e19db2c7c0763.pngimage.thumb.png.e13708d8daced13a9d6e19db2c7c0763.png

• Thanks 1
14 hours ago, Sandman416 said:

Right above that, how often is it set to check for updates?

Ooops, that it was. Thanks a lot. I switched that to once a month to avoid repeating notifications. Wish I could set it to notify once.

Edited by hawihoney

Installing and rebooting was fast and smooth (coming from 6.9).

Only issue so far; Heimdall won't start, it throws an execution error/server error. Nothing in the heimdall logs.

Also, the update wizard advised me to uninstall the nerd pack and the devpack since they were obsolete, but now i don't have python anymore?

The https://github.com/UnRAID/NerdPack/raw/master/plugins/NerdPack.plg repository is gone?

How do i get python back? I need that for some custom scripts.

Edited by jowi

The python docker is of no use; i want to run python scripts on unraid itself, not in a docker.

I've installed nerd TOOLS (i guess that is the proper nerd plugin for 6.12? because i had to uninstall nerd PACK since it was obsolete).

It looks like python is working. Allthough for some reason i can only get python 2 to work, not python 3.

Any ideas on why heimdall is complaining?

*edit* removed the port 443 from the container and now heimdall is running again.

Edited by jowi

Oh, i did not know you could install plugins from CA as well... i assumed CA was all about dockers. I was doing it the hard way from the plugins menu and then try to find a working git repo... which is a pain btw.

So i finally by accident found the nerd 'tools' and installed that.