unRAID Server Release 6.0-beta3-x86_64 Available

limetech

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok I completed the new permission script, it completed successfully, but my shares are not back yet.

From the syslog, this is the problem:

Feb  9 19:13:13 Tower emhttp: shcmd (80): /usr/local/sbin/shfs /mnt/user -disks 16777215  -o noatime,big_writes,allow_other -o remember=330  |& logger
Feb  9 19:13:13 Tower shfs/user: fuse_main exit: 1
Feb  9 19:13:13 Tower logger: fuse: invalid argument `noatime,big_writes,allow_other'

That shouldn't happen.  Not sure why it's happening on your system; I will have to try and recreate.

any clue yet, as I cannot shutdown the unRaid server right now, still can use putty ssh and the monitor, but nothing else really. Webinterface is not responding anymore.

It's a supposedly "impossible" condition in the code.  Is this a pure-vanilla install?  ie, no addons, plugins, etc?  Booting non-Xen?  Nothing in /boot/extra?

I saw something like this the other day in a program. An array was silently exceeded. Parts of the program were overwritten and it was still running, but doing impossible things.  With all of the issue lately with plex in dom0, could there be some other kind of memory issue being encountered?

I did have plex running in a xen VM at the time when system became unresponsive, but I've powered down and used different USB key since then still have no access to 36 tb of data

Have you tried creating a new share, with a unique name?  If so can you see it?  If so, try copying a single file (via console/ssh) from your invisible share to the new share.  Can you see the file?

Just had the unmounting shares loop on a reboot, and had to disconnect everything by hand from the console (was my fault, I had left an ISO mounted on the cache drive, once unmounted and the manual unmount of all the md# devices, restarted without any issues, no new parity check).  Will there be any previsions to detect that type of condition, and inform the user, or will we just need to make sure that all our domU are shutdown, and nothing accessing the mount points before we initiate a shutdown via the webpage?

I'm testing this on an Atom 230 based server with 2GB memory (yes I realize that this is very under-powered, but it's a test server).  Even when I reduced the memory, I would still get a CPU still shortly after booting.  However, when I made the changes SchoolBusDriver suggested below, I was able to successfully boot, so just wanted to pass this along in case others see the same issue.

Specifically I was seeing an error like this:

rcu sched self detected stall on CPU[0] t=6000 jiffies g=1258 c=1257 y=429

sending NMI to all CPU's

xen:  vector 0x2 is not implemented

I suggested the following and Tom has said they are going into the next release:

1. Do not assign a set amount of memory to Dom0 and make syslinux.cfg look like this:

label Xen 4.3.1 / unRAID OS
  kernel /syslinux/mboot.c32
  append /xen dom0_max_vcpus=1 dom0_vcpus_pin --- /bzimage --- /bzroot
label Xen 4.3.1 / unRAID OS Safe Mode (no plugins)
  kernel /syslinux/mboot.c32
  append /xen  --- /bzimage --- /bzroot unraidsafemode

c) Assigning more than one isn't going to make Dom0, write files faster to unRAID or make the VMs run any faster.

What happens if someone with no virtualization support in either the CPU or motherboard tries to boot to XEN?

Virtualization support is not a must to run certain VMs.

Linux VMs can run on hardware that does not support virtualiation - you will have limited virtualization options though.

What happens if someone with no virtualization support in either the CPU or motherboard tries to boot to XEN?

Virtualization support is not a must to run certain VMs.

Linux VMs can run on hardware that does not support virtualiation - you will have limited virtualization options though.

Excellent. Just making sure that there wasn't an issue with people with ancient hardware trying to boot into XEN and getting a crashed server or the like.

Yes i Formatted the key to ensure all was vanilla but when it gotten into the state it was booted into xen but I had since rebooted a few times always without xen

Right, found the bug.  The problem will show up if on Settings/Share Settings page, under Cache Settings, you set the "Min. free space:" field to blank.  This is fixed in 6.0-beta4 and 5.0.6, but a workaround is to set that field to a numeric value.  If your intent is have no min space floor, put a 0 in that field.  Then stop/start array.

I'm guessing the kernel would need to be compiled for me to be able to pass a cdrom drive through to a VM, right? Is there any chance you could add that feature for us?

My scenario is that I have a Windows VM acting as a PVR and video server (SageTV). Occasionally folks show up with a DVD and I'd like to be able to pop it in and play it. Otherwise I just look like a Dufus who has 12 TB of storage but can't play a DVD. :)

I'm guessing the kernel would need to be compiled for me to be able to pass a cdrom drive through to a VM, right? Is there any chance you could add that feature for us?

My scenario is that I have a Windows VM acting as a PVR and video server (SageTV). Occasionally folks show up with a DVD and I'd like to be able to pop it in and play it. Otherwise I just look like a Dufus who has 12 TB of storage but can't play a DVD. :)

Have you tried... http://xen.1045712.n5.nabble.com/DVD-burner-virtualization-td5152460.html ?

Yes i Formatted the key to ensure all was vanilla but when it gotten into the state it was booted into xen but I had since rebooted a few times always without xen

Right, found the bug.  The problem will show up if on Settings/Share Settings page, under Cache Settings, you set the "Min. free space:" field to blank.  This is fixed in 6.0-beta4 and 5.0.6, but a workaround is to set that field to a numeric value.  If your intent is have no min space floor, put a 0 in that field.  Then stop/start array.

So here I sit with Snowmagedon II coming my way in the DC area and I'm wondering ... What are the chances I'll have 6.0 Beta 4 to play with in my weather enforced sequestration?  As good as the odds I might not have power with which to power my unraid?

Have you tried... http://xen.1045712.n5.nabble.com/DVD-burner-virtualization-td5152460.html ?

The problem is that unraid/linux doesn't see the device. Note the big fat "-" on the last line...

# lsscsi
[0:0:0:0]    disk    JetFlash Transcend 2GB    8.07  /dev/sda
[1:0:0:0]    disk    ATA      ST2000DL003-9VT1 CC98  /dev/sde
[1:0:1:0]    disk    ATA      WDC WD10EADS-00L 01.0  /dev/sdf
[1:0:2:0]    disk    ATA      TOSHIBA DT01ACA2 MX4O  /dev/sdg
[1:0:3:0]    disk    ATA      Hitachi HDS72107 GK8O  /dev/sdh
[1:0:4:0]    disk    ATA      Hitachi HDS5C303 MEAO  /dev/sdi
[1:0:5:0]    disk    ATA      WDC WD20EARS-00M 51.0  /dev/sdj
[1:0:6:0]    disk    ATA      TOSHIBA DT01ACA2 MX4O  /dev/sdk
[1:0:7:0]    disk    ATA      ST31500341AS     CC1H  /dev/sdl
[4:0:0:0]    disk    ATA      Samsung SSD 840  EXT0  /dev/sdb
[6:0:0:0]    disk    ATA      Samsung SSD 840  EXT0  /dev/sdc
[7:0:0:0]    disk    ATA      WDC WD20EARS-00M 51.0  /dev/sdd
[8:0:0:0]    cd/dvd  ATAPI    iHAS424   B      GL18  -

thanks Tom I will try it tonight. Will this also bring back my shares?

So here I sit with Snowmagedon II coming my way in the DC area and I'm wondering ... What are the chances I'll have 6.0 Beta 4 to play with in my weather enforced sequestration?  As good as the odds I might not have power with which to power my unraid?

Nice try  ;D ;D

Nice try  ;D ;D

I bet it is available 10 minutes after the power goes out...  Since I am north of Baltimore...

It sees the PCI device though. It doesn't matter if UNRAID can't see it because you'll end up hiding it from UNRAID anyways.

Hm... Then how do I give it to the VM? Here's my disk spec so far:

disk = [
  'phy:/mnt/vms/windows/disk.img,hda,w',
  'phy:/dev/disk/by-id/ata-Hitachi_HDS5C3030ALA630_MJ1313YNG2450C,hdb,w' ]

I thought I needed to add something like:

phy:/dev/sr0,hdc:cdrom,r'

Since there is no /dev/sr0 for the DVD r/w drive, this won't work.

Archived