unRAID Server Release 6.0-beta12-x86_64 Available

limetech

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anyone have any luck getting notifications setup using gmail smtp? Spent about an hour trying with no luck. I keep getting authentication errors. I've followed all of googles steps including allowing insecure applications, captcha, etc.

The default settings are for gmail. It should be sufficient to enter your username/password, sending email address and recipients.

After filling-in the fields, press "Test" and observe the result.

Using gmail myself without issues.

Thanks everyone for all the feedback so far, it's being collected and we'll be cracking at it tomorrow AM to get to work on resolutions for bugs outstanding.

For those reporting issues with a cache drive reporting as unformatted, please check to see how many cache drive slots you have assigned when the array is stopped.  if you have more drive slots assigned to cache than drives, try reducing the count to match the same # of drives and then start the array.

Thanks everyone for all the feedback so far, it's being collected and we'll be cracking at it tomorrow AM to get to work on resolutions for bugs outstanding.

For those reporting issues with a cache drive reporting as unformatted, please check to see how many cache drive slots you have assigned when the array is stopped.  if you have more drive slots assigned to cache than drives, try reducing the count to match the same # of drives and then start the array.

Thanks jonp, I tried that, unfortunately I had the right # of slots per drive (2). Tried switching the drive assignments, even put my tail between my legs and tried to format the drive, neither of those options worked for me

This is likely from the changes in the .page sections for beta-12. You can no longer have .page and .php files of the same name. The php code should be inside the .page file. Those 'plugins' will have to be updated to be beta-12 or higher compliant.  Please report the bug(s) to the plugin author(s).

Is this documented somewhere?

This is likely from the changes in the .page sections for beta-12. You can no longer have .page and .php files of the same name. The php code should be inside the .page file. Those 'plugins' will have to be updated to be beta-12 or higher compliant.  Please report the bug(s) to the plugin author(s).

Here: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=34970.0

Upgraded to Beta 12 last night and that seemed to go fine. Started a parity check this morning and after finishing 11%, it's found 32+ million errors. And counting... I did migrate all my drives to xfs last month (one by one) so maybe I should have rebuilt parity after that, but I would have thought the normal parity processing would have caught that. Not sure there's really a problem or not, just reporting an odd occurrence. Anyone else see this?

Surely the max of 6 is a mistake.

That depends on your mobo/cpu ... without knowing what you're using, it's difficult to say.  However, I don't know of many configurations which are limited to 6GB.

Socket 1366 X58 chipset.

I have 30GB installed right now in a 2GBx3 and 8GBx3 config.

Yes it is a tri channel system.

Upgraded to Beta 12 last night and that seemed to go fine. Started a parity check this morning and after finishing 11%, it's found 32+ million errors. And counting... I did migrate all my drives to xfs last month (one by one) so maybe I should have rebuilt parity after that, but I would have thought the normal parity processing would have caught that. Not sure there's really a problem or not, just reporting an odd occurrence. Anyone else see this?

Changing file format does not preserve parity.  You need to rebuilt parity after changing a disk file format.  Stop the check and rebuild your parity.

Changing file format does not preserve parity.  You need to rebuilt parity after changing a disk file format.  Stop the check and rebuild your parity.

Will do. Glad I didn't lose a drive in that time. We might want to add a note about that on the disk config page.

Thanks!

installed and now it's showing my wd black 1tb cache drive as unformatted.

syslog attached

No one else having issues with their btrfs cache drives?

Mine never showed up as unformatted, but as I as copying data, it would copy for about 4 seconds, then hang for 3.  I re-formatted as XFS and I haven't had any issues since.  Im afraid BTRFS isnt ready for prime-time.

Does your post constitute the official documentation now?  Perhaps it should go into the wiki or the unofficial manual?  Early in the V6 development, Tom said that he would document the new plugin system, based on an implementation of apcupsd.

Changing file format does not preserve parity.

If you make all the changes with the array up and running, then it should.  However, if you perform any part of the process with the array down then, yes, parity does out of the window.

Not so.  Changing from ReiserFS to XFS breaks parity.  It cannot be preserved.

Does your post constitute the official documentation now?  Perhaps it should go into the wiki or the unofficial manual?  Early in the V6 development, Tom said that he would document the new plugin system, based on an implementation of apcupsd.

No.  I'm just doing the best I can to keep it up until LT does something official.

If you make all the changes with the array up and running, then it should.  However, if you perform any part of the process with the array down then, yes, parity does out of the window.

Are you referring to the data on the drive?  If you convert them through the unRaid gui you would loose data on the drive being formatted, but the parity is still intact.  The formatting is done on the meta device so the format is captured in the parity.

Are you referring to the data on the drive?  If you convert them through the unRaid gui you would loose data on the drive being formatted, but the parity is still intact.  The formatting is done on the meta device so the format is captured in the parity.

This has been discussed in detail here: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=34771.msg324758#msg324758

It doesn't need to be re-hashed in this thread.

Bottom line - if you change the file format on a drive, parity is broken so files on the re-formated drive are lost.

Hi

latest changes syslinux something broke with boot without GPU :(

Im using mainboard without GPU with CPU also without GPU and i get from ASROCK special moded bios for possible boot up without GPU

but i was using parametr CONSOLE 0

CONSOLE flag_val

If flag_val is 0, disable output to the normal video console. If flag_val is 1, enable output to the video console (this is the default.) Some BIOSes try to forward this to the serial console which can make a total mess of things, so this option lets you disable the video console on these systems.

And i add to kernel parametr

kernel /bzimage console=ttyS0,9600n8

for redirect console on serial, after that changes UNRAID run/boot without problem

but now after updated syslinux just stop on first line with SYSLINUX version :(

(i just revert only syslinux folder on flash from beta10a and start working again)

Anyone have any luck getting notifications setup using gmail smtp? Spent about an hour trying with no luck. I keep getting authentication errors. I've followed all of googles steps including allowing insecure applications, captcha, etc.

The default settings are for gmail. It should be sufficient to enter your username/password, sending email address and recipients.

After filling-in the fields, press "Test" and observe the result.

Using gmail myself without issues.

So I changed my password and suddenly had no issues.  My old has spaces and an exclamation point... I'm wondering if something didn't translate properly between the GUI, config, and the actual smtp mechanism. Oh well, it works now...

This has been discussed in detail here: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=34771.msg324758#msg324758

It doesn't need to be re-hashed in this thread.

Bottom line - if you change the file format on a drive, parity is broken so files on the re-formated drive are lost.

Parity has nothing to do with files - it works at the sector level and is not aware of files!.  I agree that changing format on a disk via the GUI and then doing the required format of the disk after changing the format loses the current contents of the disk.  However I do not believe that it breaks parity - so the other disks remain protected while doing this.  This also means it is not necessary to recalculate parity after changing the format as it stayed valid throughout the change.