Dynamix - V6 Plugins

Hi !

Is there a way to add a condition to prevent sleep based on UPS consumption ?

My problem is : I use the S3 sleep pluging to automatically put my server to sleep. It checks if no VM is runnig by pinging them. BUT, If I'm in a OS update process, the VM is not responding to the ping, so the S3 sleep pluging puts the server to sleep. Crashing my update process.

Graphic cards are passed through my VM resulting in more power consumption when active. I thought that by checking if the UPS power is below a certain value, the plugin could be "sure" that no VM is running.

But maybe there is a smarter solution with virsh ?

Hi bonienl,

first post in the Forums, lets see how I fare.

I've been playing around with a few of your plugins and noticed some things in one of them:

Specifically the Autofan:

Im using an old Supermicro X8DTN+, the plugin is able to recognize the correct fan input and pwm device (In case of the X8DTN+ there are 8 Fan headers and they seem to all be controlled by one pwm controller: w83795adg). So far so good.

Problem that i've experienced was that I was wondering why the fans were always going full throttle, even though the plugin kept changing the Input values. Found out a while later. The actual script doing the work ( /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.system.autofan/scripts/autofan ) has a nice variable called PWM_HIGH which is set to a standard of 255. In case of the "w83795adg" that max pwm input seems to be around 150. Now it made sense why the fans always ramped up to full speed, since that value is used to calculate how the fans are set. Changed that manually in the above mentioned script and look here, now the fans are properly controlled. But I am quite sure that the setting is gone after a reboot (since its created via the *.tgx from the plugin). I don't want to modify that since that modification will be gone if there is an update from your side.

Do you think you could add the setting for that to the settings page? Could also be interesting for people that want to limit the max speed of their fans for noise reasons.

Until then I'll maybe write a small script for myself to correct that after booting.

Another issue I noticed was that after a reboot the status of the Autofan plugin is "stopped" (which is true..no running process)... If I go into the settings and select the pwm controller it says enabled...to actually get it running I have to selected "disable" then "enable" again and apply. Then the plugin / script actually starts working. Workaround for myself is a small userscript that checks if autofan is running (pgrep) and executes the "rc.autofan start" if not. Scheduled that every 5 minutes, so after latest 5 minutes the Autofan kicks in.

Have yet to figure out why it is not started after a reboot. Any idea?

Thats all for for now. Hope this helps in further development.

Regards

-MaNIaC-

I believe my UNRAID is being spammed:
root: error: /plugins/dynamix.system.temp/include/SystemTemp.php: uninitialized csrf_token

I received this on another forum post:

Is it expected to have connections from the US, the UK, Russia, Kazakstan, Lithuania, ?

Unraid is not hardened and is not supposed to face the Internet directly.

What can I do to stop this?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I´m trying run Dynamix System Autofan on MSI 460M Mortar, but cannot see properly the fans and show the error below:

"<br /><b>Warning</b>:  file_get_contents(/sys/devices/platform/nct6687.2592/hwmon/hwmon3/pwm3_enable): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in <b>/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.system.autofan/include/SystemFan.php</b> on line <b>40</b><br /><br /><b>Warning</b>:  file_put_contents(/sys/devices/platform/nct6687.2592/hwmon/hwmon3/pwm3_enable): failed to open stream: Permission denied in <b>/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.system.autofan/include/SystemFan.php</b> on line <b>42</b><br /><br /><b>Warning</b>:  file_put_contents(/sys/devices/platform/nct6687.2592/hwmon/hwmon3/pwm3_enable): failed to open stream: Permission denied in <b>/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.system.autofan/include/SystemFan.php</b> on line <b>50</b><br />/sys/devices/platform/nct6687.2592/hwmon/hwmon3/fan3_input"

I could added the driver NCT6687-isa-0a20 to the GO file in the startup and the temperature for MB and CPU are working fine.

I will appreciate any help

Maybe a temporary solution:

1- Create a folder (/boot/pwmfan)

2- run sensors (In my unraid now I have just one 8TB drive, the temp is showing for me over nvme-pci-0200, sensor 2)

3- run pwmconfig and folow the process for PWM search, the location of the folder (/boot/pwmfan) will need to save the settings.

4- Create a script to run in the background:

"

#!/bin/bash
#Folder location
cd /boot/pwmfan

#Action 

fancontrol pwmcfg.LyjaWtS8mI

"

Edited by lgil

Is there something I can do to get all temperature monitors for my ASUS ROG STRIX B550-E GAMING motherboard?

This is the only thing I am getting:

1980133337_Screenshot2021-03-02at15_00_46.png.0eaf7abf22a8cc4653c22c5c51b1ea1b.png

I think the three k10temp are all CPU temperature but I'm not sure. They are almost always exactly the same. I would really like to also get motherboard temperature.

UPDATE - Fixed 3/13 in plugin update.  Thanks!

s3 sleep is broken in Unraid 6.9.0.

Snippet from log - - - - - - - - - - - -

Mar 2 16:04:49 htserv s3_sleep: version=3.0.7

Mar 2 16:04:49 htserv s3_sleep: ----------------------------------------------

Mar 2 16:04:49 htserv s3_sleep: included disks=

Mar 2 16:04:49 htserv s3_sleep: excluded disks=sda sdb sdc sdd sde sdf sdg sdh sdi sdj sdk sdl

Mar 2 16:04:49 htserv s3_sleep: ----------------------------------------------

Mar 2 16:04:49 htserv s3_sleep: s3_sleep process ID 30890 started, To terminate it, type: s3_sleep -q

- - - - - - - -

Wait for array is set to Yes, exclude cache - cache is sdi.

Array goes to sleep after timeout even though disks are in use.

Plugin worked in 6.8.3.

Any thoughts?

Edited by drcos
Fixed - Bergware 3/13 update

Hi All,

I've been patiently waiting for 6.9 to come out so that i could get my temps and fans working on my ryzen system.

I have a ryzen 3600 & ROG STRIX B450-I MB.

I managed to get the temps working but the PWM fans arent being recognised.

I installed Noctua case fans and CPU fan.

Heres my temp set-up in Dynamix System Temperature

temps.thumb.png.216f01cb30e1643398a5a7316822e726.png

And here what i see in Dynamix Auto Fan Control

856773826_FanSettings.thumb.png.bbab6a2c61913810576094cb33a54c5a.png

Any help would be great.!

Cheers

D.

Edited by Big Dan T
On 3/3/2021 at 10:42 AM, Zonediver said:

Its not broken, just "vice versa" 😉

You can fix this.

If the sleep plug-in is active, you can enter all drives (which you want to monitor) under "Monitor disks outside array:"

There is something "the other way around" - but it is working 😉👍

It seems the plugin does not recognise the array correctly (last update from 6.2020)

I will try that and if it works we will call it the Costanza solution.

-EDIT- The Costanza solution works. :)

Edited by drcos
Hi All,

I've been patiently waiting for 6.9 to come out so that i could get my temps and fans working on my ryzen system.

I have a ryzen 3600 & ROG STRIX B450-I MB.

I managed to get the temps working but the PWM fans arent being recognised.

I installed Noctua case fans and CPU fan.

Heres my temp set-up in Dynamix System Temperature

temps.thumb.png.216f01cb30e1643398a5a7316822e726.png

And here what i see in Dynamix Auto Fan Control

856773826_FanSettings.thumb.png.bbab6a2c61913810576094cb33a54c5a.png

Any help would be great.!

Cheers

D.

You need to run “sensors detect” from the command line to see what drivers you need to load
51 minutes ago, spl147 said:

You need to run “sensors detect” from the command line to see what drivers you need to load

I'm guessing this is my problem:-

Driver `to-be-written':
  * ISA bus, address 0x290
    Chip `ITE IT8665E Super IO Sensors' (confidence: 9)

On 2/9/2021 at 12:47 PM, rix said:

Hi bonienl,

I have switched to a modded DS380 case which fixed the airflow mostly. One issue remains. When moving a lot of files or during parity checks drive temp goes way above 40°C.

Most of the time running my fans at 600rpm keeps cpu and drives below 35°C and is super silent, but i need to automatically turn up fan speed when drive temps are rising.

Sadly the autofan plugin works not as I would want it to:

- my mainboard has 2x 3-pin fan headers available (one cpu, one case fan)

- the 2x array fans are connected to the secondary fan header

- when setting up autofan, my cpu fan completely stops and will not ramp up again - until I remove the plugin and restart

- the array fans never drop to 600rpm but instead stay at around 690 when the plugin is set up

Please advise how to set this up properly. I have found no way to create settings for both fan headers simultaneosly - which should ensure the cpu fan keeps running.

Currently my only workaround is to bind the array fan speed to the cpu temp in the BIOS. This will work only if file temps are related to heavy CPU load (which is not always the case). Using the plugin is my much prefered method.

I have found out why my second fan never ramps up. Turning off fans is a really bad Idea since the second one will not be able to start again.

How do I disable the "turn of fans" behaviour from the script so my fans will always run at their lowest value?

On 2/14/2021 at 7:39 PM, rsutter said:

I believe my UNRAID is being spammed:
root: error: /plugins/dynamix.system.temp/include/SystemTemp.php: uninitialized csrf_token

I received this on another forum post:

Is it expected to have connections from the US, the UK, Russia, Kazakstan, Lithuania, ?

Unraid is not hardened and is not supposed to face the Internet directly.

What can I do to stop this?

when i get this error message is usually a browser windows that has a unraid server console session before you did a reboot. Do a close all browsers and see then

Hi,

any update for the drive NCT6687? When I try to use the Autofan plugin and press detect, the below message show up:

<br /><b>Warning</b>:  file_get_contents(/sys/devices/platform/nct6687.2592/hwmon/hwmon3/pwm3_enable): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in <b>/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.system.autofan/include/SystemFan.php</b> on line <b>40</b><br /><br /><b>Warning</b>:  file_put_contents(/sys/devices/platform/nct6687.2592/hwmon/hwmon3/pwm3_enable): failed to open stream: Permission denied in <b>/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.system.autofan/include/SystemFan.php</b> on line <b>42</b><br /><br /><b>Warning</b>:  file_put_contents(/sys/devices/platform/nct6687.2592/hwmon/hwmon3/pwm3_enable): failed to open stream: Permission denied in <b>/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.system.autofan/include/SystemFan.php</b> on line <b>50</b><br />/sys/devices/platform/nct6687.2592/hwmon/hwmon3/fan3_input

Any help to fix this?

Also checking the file location:

Screenshot 2021-03-09 at 15.50.50.png

Edited by lgil
On 1/8/2021 at 1:01 PM, mikeyosm said:

I'm getting permission denied in autofan plugin.... Any ideas why? The plugin is detecting my sensor chip nct6683 OK.

<br /><b>Warning</b>:  file_get_contents(/sys/devices/platform/nct6683.2592/hwmon/hwmon3/pwm1_enable): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in <b>/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.system.autofan/include/SystemFan.php</b> on line <b>40</b><br /><br /><b>Warning</b>:  file_put_contents(/sys/devices/platform/nct6683.2592/hwmon/hwmon3/pwm1_enable): failed to open stream: Permission denied in <b>/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.system.autofan/include/SystemFan.php</b> on line <b>42</b><br /><br /><b>Warning</b>:  file_put_contents(/sys/devices/platform/nct6683.2592/hwmon/hwmon3/pwm1): failed to open stream: Permission denied in <b>/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.system.autofan/include/SystemFan.php</b> on line <b>43</b><br /><br /><b>Warning</b>:  file_put_contents(/sys/devices/platform/nct6683.2592/hwmon/hwmon3/pwm1): failed to open stream: Permission denied in <b>/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.system.autofan/include/SystemFan.php</b> on line <b>46</b><br /><br /><b>Warning</b>:  file_put_contents(/sys/devices/platform/nct6683.2592/hwmon/hwmon3/pwm1): failed to open stream: Permission denied in <b>/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.system.autofan/include/SystemFan.php</b> on line <b>49</b><br /><br /><b>Warning</b>:  file_put_contents(/sys/devices/platform/nct6683.2592/hwmon/hwmon3/pwm1_enable): failed to open stream: Permission denied in <b>/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.system.autofan/include/SystemFan.php</b> on line <b>50</b><br />/sys/devices/platform/nct6683.2592/hwmon/hwmon3/fan2_input

image.thumb.png.e7d608f22b72dbbe07455aa39a24de44.png

Hi Mikeyosm,

have you been able to fix the permission denied issue? If yes, could you please share with me?

Thank you,

Luis Gil

My No.1 feature request for the Auto Fan Plugin is to have the option to name the detected fans individually.

In the System Temp Plugin it would be appreciated as well and on the Dashboard Widget.

After some days I always forget, which one was for what. :) Startin' to get old :D 

Would be great if you consider this as a useful new feature.

kind regards from Berlin

Edited by locutus_lbc
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, locutus_lbc said:

My No.1 feature request for the Auto Fan Plugin is to have the option to name the detected fans individually.

In the System Temp Plugin it would be appreciated as well and on the Dashboard Widget.

After some days I always forget, which one was for what. :) Startin' to get old :D 

Would be great if you consider this as a useful new feature.

kind regards from Berlin

Agreed, this and for auto fan to automatically start when the unraid boots / the array is started.

I have to manually go into it and make a mundane change to get it to start.

• Like 1
Just now, TexasUnraid said:

Agreed, this and for auto fan to automatically start when the unraid boots / the array is started.

I have to manually go into it and make a mundane change to get it to start.

Agreed as well!!

+1 for the Auto Start Option with Server or Array Start...

I'm using a custom script to check and/or restart like it was suggested here in the forums.

Would be great to get rid of this :D

1 hour ago, TexasUnraid said:

Got a link to said script?

or you might want to add a script like this to your custom script plugin and run it after array has started:

#!/bin/bash
/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.system.autofan/scripts/rc.autofan 'start'

you can test it before in your console

kind regards

Edited by locutus_lbc