bonienl

3169 posts in this topic Last Reply

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It has been some time since I visited the Unraid forums. Due to health issues I had to take a break, and unfortunately this break took way longer than anticipated. But I am back and will sta

Notice: You must be running unRAID version 6.1 or later to use these plugins The easiest way of installing plugins is thru Community Applications. This is an apps installation manager develope

Today has been a productive day   I have updated several Dynamix plugins, mainly bug fixes. Please check your plugins to get the updates.

Posted Images

On 3/31/2021 at 2:36 AM, shoanimal said:

I'm having trouble pulling fan info with the Dynamix System Temperature plugin.  I have Asus pro q470m-c motherboard. I am pulling CPU and MB temps no issue, but the fan list is empty.  Anyone know how I can get my fan speeds.

Hi,
I had the same problem with an Asrock H570M-itx motherboard, got only CPU temperature but no fan / fan speed.
In order for the Dynamix system temperature and fan control plugin to see the fans, I had to modify syslinux.cfg file and add a "acpi_enforce_resources=lax" kernel option on boot.
So edit the file with nano editor, using the following command line: nano /boot/syslinux/syslinux.cfg

Here is an extract where you will make the modification:

label Unraid OS
  menu default
  kernel /bzimage
  append initrd=/bzroot

Change the content to :

label Unraid OS
  menu default
  kernel /bzimage
  append initrd=/bzroot acpi_enforce_resources=lax

Exit and save the modification by using Ctrl + X keys.

And reboot in order for this kernel option to be taken into account.

I also installed the plugin named "Nuvoton NCT6687 Driver" from the Community Applications, but I don't know if it is mandatory, because my chip is detected as NCT6798.

With this modifications, all my chassis and CPU fans are detected and I can control them using the Fan Auto Control plugin.

On 4/14/2021 at 12:24 AM, prune said:

Hi,
I had the same problem with an Asrock H570M-itx motherboard, got only CPU temperature but no fan / fan speed.
In order for the Dynamix system temperature and fan control plugin to see the fans, I had to modify syslinux.cfg file and add a "acpi_enforce_resources=lax" kernel option on boot.
So edit the file with nano editor, using the following command line: nano /boot/syslinux/syslinux.cfg

Here is an extract where you will make the modification:

label Unraid OS
  menu default
  kernel /bzimage
  append initrd=/bzroot

Change the content to :

label Unraid OS
  menu default
  kernel /bzimage
  append initrd=/bzroot acpi_enforce_resources=lax

Exit and save the modification by using Ctrl + X keys.

And reboot in order for this kernel option to be taken into account.

I also installed the plugin named "Nuvoton NCT6687 Driver" from the Community Applications, but I don't know if it is mandatory, because my chip is detected as NCT6798.

With this modifications, all my chassis and CPU fans are detected and I can control them using the Fan Auto Control plugin.

Hi,

I have tried this steps, but for me still not possible to use the Fan Control plugin, below the error:

<br /><b>Warning</b>:  file_get_contents(/sys/devices/platform/nct6687.2592/hwmon/hwmon3/pwm3_enable): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in <b>/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.system.autofan/include/SystemFan.php</b> on line <b>40</b><br /><br /><b>Warning</b>:  file_put_contents(/sys/devices/platform/nct6687.2592/hwmon/hwmon3/pwm3_enable): failed to open stream: Permission denied in <b>/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.system.autofan/include/SystemFan.php</b> on line <b>42</b><br /><br /><b>Warning</b>:  file_put_contents(/sys/devices/platform/nct6687.2592/hwmon/hwmon3/pwm3_enable): failed to open stream: Permission denied in <b>/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.system.autofan/include/SystemFan.php</b> on line <b>50</b><br />/sys/devices/platform/nct6687.2592/hwmon/hwmon3/fan3_input

I have a MSI MAG B460M MORTAR and the I/O Controller is NUVOTON NCT6687 Controller Chip. Also running Unraid Version: 6.9.2 .

Hi,
I'm new to Unraid so it is hard for me to help you but:
I never had such error messages so your problem is not the same as mine, in fact I had no error but only CPU temperature.
Looking at the error message, it looks like AutoFan plugin search for an nct6687 driver in folder /sys/devices/platform and for a file in that folder does not exists.

Even with the Nuvoton NCT6687 driver application plugin installed, I don't have this folder and files on my installation.
You could try to force installation of the driver by issuing the following commands in a terminal:

depmod -a
modprobe nct6687

Note that I'm not an expert and you should better get in touch with the plugin developper to get an advice.

3 minutes ago, remati said:

So I think something is wrong with my motherboard temperature or is 111 degrees celsius typical for an Asrock Z390M board?

Screenshot 2021-04-15 142741.jpg

Hi, 
For sure something is wrong.
Looks like you choose the wrong sensor.

With my AsRock Extreme6 Sometimes I've noticed even when I set the correct sensor it takes a reboot to correct the temp. My Mainboard sits around 30C and sometimes it spikes up to 100+ and I have to do a reboot for it to correct its self. No idea why it does it sometimes, but it does. 

I'm having issues with the Cache Directories plugin since moving to 6.9.x.  I never used to notice my drives spinning up on 6.8.x but now I can't open an explorer window on my VM without the spin-up pause.  My settings have changed as I have tried to address the issue...here's the current view:

2094225621_CacheDirSettings.thumb.JPG.f0a420d9eb90fd89404ba0112f822183.JPG

Diagnostics posted for background.  Thanks!

tower-diagnostics-20210416-1006.zip

On 4/15/2021 at 2:24 PM, lgil said:

Hi,

I have tried this steps, but for me still not possible to use the Fan Control plugin, below the error:

<br /><b>Warning</b>:  file_get_contents(/sys/devices/platform/nct6687.2592/hwmon/hwmon3/pwm3_enable): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in <b>/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.system.autofan/include/SystemFan.php</b> on line <b>40</b><br /><br /><b>Warning</b>:  file_put_contents(/sys/devices/platform/nct6687.2592/hwmon/hwmon3/pwm3_enable): failed to open stream: Permission denied in <b>/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.system.autofan/include/SystemFan.php</b> on line <b>42</b><br /><br /><b>Warning</b>:  file_put_contents(/sys/devices/platform/nct6687.2592/hwmon/hwmon3/pwm3_enable): failed to open stream: Permission denied in <b>/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.system.autofan/include/SystemFan.php</b> on line <b>50</b><br />/sys/devices/platform/nct6687.2592/hwmon/hwmon3/fan3_input

I have a MSI MAG B460M MORTAR and the I/O Controller is NUVOTON NCT6687 Controller Chip. Also running Unraid Version: 6.9.2 .

I'm having exactly the same issue running Unraid 6.9.2. on a MSI Z490 Gaming Carbon Wifi, controller is a NUVOTON NCT6687 as well. 

I downloaded and installed the TRIM plugin.

I set it to run daily. 

I have a few SSD's, 2 in Cache, 2 in Media_db and then some in unassigned devices.

Today I decided to run /sbin/fstrim -v /mnt/cache
/mnt/cache: 1.6 TiB (1795191562240 bytes) trimmed

All my SSD's trimmed a fair amount. 

Is the plugin not working? 

Or am I missing something?

11 hours ago, SavellM said:

All my SSD's trimmed a fair amount. 

That's normal, free space is always trimmed, you can check the log for the plugin output.

3 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

That's normal, free space is always trimmed, you can check the log for the plugin output.

Ok even tho I have it to set to TRIM daily, over the last few months.

Its still expected to TRIM so much?

17 hours ago, Kaisho said:

I'm having exactly the same issue running Unraid 6.9.2. on a MSI Z490 Gaming Carbon Wifi, controller is a NUVOTON NCT6687 as well. 

I have posted this error a quite some time, let's wait if Fan Control will soon update.

Hi, I am having big problems with this plugin and standby...

No matter if I select manual or automated standy (WOL is working so system will start).

I canl see the login screen on my TV (console) but I can not use my keyboard (not reacting) or the web access -> no connection. After a reset I can login (array will be checked because of hard reset).

System:

unraid 6.9.2

Gigabyte Z490M (rev. 1.0)

Intel® Core™ i3-10100 CPU @ 3.60GHz

16GB Ram

2 x 1TB Cache SSD

3 x 10TB

1 x 3TB

Any ideas? Thanks!

tower-diagnostics-20210422-2230.zip

On 3/25/2021 at 9:29 PM, primeval_god said:

So I am seeing something oddly similar. I just installed 6.9.1 yesterday and now i see this at the bottom if the "Array Operation" tab on the "Main" page. The thing is I dont have the s3 sleep plugin installed, and I havent for quite some time.

image.thumb.png.10e585e8449059ff3f2fc08ba5c6db40.png

The same thing happens to me, but the message disappears when I uninstall Dynamix S3 Sleep

image.png.94cb47e6d3d87de4c511070cd5348fd5.png

On 3/16/2021 at 12:23 PM, Pipould said:

On my side, since 6.9:
- Wake On LAN from sleep does not work, I need to manually go to the computer and press on. Seems going to sleep does not work as uptime restart from 0.

- Wake On LAN from shutdown does work.

This + the fact that activity on array isn't recognized, I must add disks manually.

The "S3" status does not work, the RGB (I only have white color) continues to work, as do the cooling fans. I simply have to go to the PC forcibly shut it down and turn it on again.

if I turn off the pc the wake on lan if it works

I'm going to go back to UnRaid 6.8.3 (I'm going to lose the processor temperature with the Dynamix System Temp), because without this functionality I can't let them use the equipment at home.

My server is set to go to sleep after an hour of inactivity.  But for some reason the S3 plugin is detecting activity on one of my cache drives every 30 minutes like clockwork.  This is a recent development so I though it may have been caused by a docker program after I moved the docker.img file to my cache.  But disabling the docker service didn't fix the issue.  

Does anyone have an idea about what keeps pinging my cache drive?

nas-ng-diagnostics-20210428-1559.zip 

On 3/2/2021 at 3:04 PM, pervel said:

Is there something I can do to get all temperature monitors for my ASUS ROG STRIX B550-E GAMING motherboard?

This is the only thing I am getting:

1980133337_Screenshot2021-03-02at15_00_46.png.0eaf7abf22a8cc4653c22c5c51b1ea1b.png

I think the three k10temp are all CPU temperature but I'm not sure. They are almost always exactly the same. I would really like to also get motherboard temperature.

Did you ever find a solution to this? I have the same issue.

On 12/1/2014 at 1:40 PM, bonienl said:

System AutoFan

allows automatic fan control based on the system temperature. High and low thresholds are used to speed up or speed down the fan. This is a new plugin and still under development.

I've been loving this plugin, but any chance you can add the ability to label the fans, and for this label to be also reflected in the dashboard (instead of FAN 0, FAN 1) so we can more easily identify the fans/fan-groups?
i.e. CPU FAN, HDD FAN, FRONT FAN, REAR FAN etc.

This would greatly improve managing the configs and monitoring.

7 hours ago, pervel said:

Sadly not. I've basically given up on this issue.

Appending 

acpi_enforce_resources=lax

to the syslinux config works, but I don't consider it a permanent solution.

Do we need a new kernel version to get all readings on B550 boards or what's the deal?

Hello,

i'm having some issues with my chassis fans on unraid 6.9.2.

I installed 2 new fans to my MSI Z97 PC Mate(MS-7850) mobo today.

i introduced a 3 male to 1 female splitter with the two fans that came with my chassis and 140mm noctua, going to sys_fan3. I have 1 140mm noctua plugged directly in to sys_fan2 and have a water cooler plugged in to cpu_fan1.

Until i installed the two noctua fans today, the two chassis fans and the cpu cooler fans seemed to operate normal. After introducing the 3 to 1 splitter and adding 2 new fans today, my system sounds like it's about to take flight.

I've tried installing the SystemTemp plugin 2020.06.20

image.thumb.png.8824b6a9da065178d16ffb3420786eca.png

as well as Autofan 2020.06.21

image.thumb.png.cb2fb0899f58b1b4f19ace75662991ec.png

But i dont seem to have any progress slowing the fans down. Please help! I can't keep my server running at this dB level!