[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

25 minutes ago, blokhead said:

I updated DelugeVPN this morning as well as Binhex NZBget, and I am now experiencing some weird behavior.  When I add something to Deluge via Binhex sonarr, it is now being reported as download activity for binhex radarr, lidarr and readarr (all binhex apps).

Binhex NZBget will not download anything, files get added, but it will not download.  in the container i get the same outbound IP as in deluge, but for some reason, now nothing will download.  This was updated this morning as well

I have deluge vpn setup in bridge mode and I am routing all traffic for all the ARRs and Nzbget through Deluge.  

I'm stumped...

10 minutes ago, david279 said:

Im having the same issue except i can reach the GUI through my cloudflare tunnel. Going through the ip:8112 times out. Im connected thru a tailscale vpn to my server right now will try and see if it works at home. 

I think i see the issue, i will put together a fix with a test tagged image and see if it fixes the issue, if so push to main.

23 minutes ago, binhex said:

@blokhead @david279 please pull 'latest' tagged image just built and try again, please let me know the outcome.

I pulled the latest and now deluge is reporting downloads correctly to the Arrs, but my NZBget still won't start a download, it loads in the list - status downloading, but there is no traffic.  Verified it pulled the new IP that i got from PIA when updating Deluge.

It might be an issue with the update for nzbget that I also installed this morning.

36 minutes ago, blokhead said:

I pulled the latest and now deluge is reporting downloads correctly to the Arrs, but my NZBget still won't start a download, it loads in the list - status downloading, but there is no traffic.  Verified it pulled the new IP that i got from PIA when updating Deluge.

It might be an issue with the update for nzbget that I also installed this morning.

Just sent something from radarr to deluge, and it is showing as active in Sonarr, and Lidarr...

I'm never updating again lol

3 hours ago, binhex said:

according to your logs docker is using the default docker network of:-

[info] Docker network defined as    172.17.0.0/16

so that looks fine, just check this container is running using the docker 'bridge', that is how this image was designed.

It is running using the 'bridge'.

On 9/21/2023 at 12:30 PM, binhex said:

There was an issue upstream with the base os, please try pulling down latest (built around 30 mins ago), this MAY fix your issue.

It didn't solve the issue.

I tried to pull the QBitTorrentVPN and I get the same issue. So I guess it is not the docker, but more likely some setup elsewhere. 

EDIT:

I have no idea why, but I updated to the newest Mac OS and got an error message about access to a folder (locale time folder). 
I reinstalled the docker, and everything works fine now. 

Edited by Noego
Suddenly works

Having an issue resolving DNS in a docker container. Been looking through these forms plus github and nothing is working. Unsure if I missed something in the setup. I have tried multiple .ovpn and ensured I can connected to the same locations on another device using the PIA client.
using default bridge network in docker and tired many name_servers addresses which includes the default

Log and docker compose below. Any help would be appreciated 

Having issues resolving name 'france.privacy.network', sleeping before retry...

version: '3.9'
services:
    delugevpn:
        image: binhex/arch-delugevpn:latest
        container_name: delugevpn
        cap_add:
            - NET_ADMIN
        volumes:
            - ${downloadFolder}:/data
            - ${delugevpnConfig}:/config
            - /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro
        environment:
            - VPN_ENABLED=yes
            - VPN_USER=<username>
            - VPN_PASS=<password>
            - VPN_PROV=pia
            - VPN_CLIENT=openvpn
            - STRICT_PORT_FORWARD=no
            - ENABLE_PRIVOXY=no
            - LAN_NETWORK=192.168.1.0/24
            - NAME_SERVERS=84.200.69.80,37.235.1.174,1.1.1.1,37.235.1.177,84.200.70.40,1.0.0.1
            - DELUGE_DAEMON_LOG_LEVEL=info
            - DELUGE_WEB_LOG_LEVEL=info
            - DELUGE_ENABLE_WEBUI_PASSWORD=no
            - DEBUG=true
            - UMASK=000
            - PUID=0
            - PGID=0
        ports:
            - '8112:8112'
            - '8118:8118'
            - '58846:58846'
            - '58946:58946'

I'm having a little trouble with labels that are passed from Medusa to deluge..

It gets the right label, and moves the torrent upon completion to the correct directory, but doesn't remove the torrent from the list until I go to the deluge webgui, and right click the label and select label options. Then just clicking ok makes it remove the torrents, (The files that it are pointing to are already gone, it's just not removing the torrent from the list.)

Delugesiphon for chrome works fine for the same label.

Any clues?

Edited by dabone
spelling
22 hours ago, OneWeekNotice said:

Having an issue resolving DNS in a docker container. Been looking through these forms plus github and nothing is working. Unsure if I missed something in the setup. I have tried multiple .ovpn and ensured I can connected to the same locations on another device using the PIA client.
using default bridge network in docker and tired many name_servers addresses which includes the default

Log and docker compose below. Any help would be appreciated 

version: '3.9'
services:
    delugevpn:
        image: binhex/arch-delugevpn:latest
        container_name: delugevpn
        cap_add:
            - NET_ADMIN
        volumes:
            - ${downloadFolder}:/data
            - ${delugevpnConfig}:/config
            - /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro
        environment:
            - VPN_ENABLED=yes
            - VPN_USER=<username>
            - VPN_PASS=<password>
            - VPN_PROV=pia
            - VPN_CLIENT=openvpn
            - STRICT_PORT_FORWARD=no
            - ENABLE_PRIVOXY=no
            - LAN_NETWORK=192.168.1.0/24
            - NAME_SERVERS=84.200.69.80,37.235.1.174,1.1.1.1,37.235.1.177,84.200.70.40,1.0.0.1
            - DELUGE_DAEMON_LOG_LEVEL=info
            - DELUGE_WEB_LOG_LEVEL=info
            - DELUGE_ENABLE_WEBUI_PASSWORD=no
            - DEBUG=true
            - UMASK=000
            - PUID=0
            - PGID=0
        ports:
            - '8112:8112'
            - '8118:8118'
            - '58846:58846'
            - '58946:58946'

Found my issue. Was running Pihole on my network. Disabled and everything is working. Confirmed this solution with other threads comments in the past.

• Like 1
On 7/28/2023 at 6:46 AM, strike said:

Do this: https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/help.md

Also what network type do you use? And are you using VLAN?

Soooo this is from way back, 

See attached, 

Also using a normal network nothing too fancy just a normal router with a DHCP

PC network range is 

192.168.1.63 and docker is 192.168.1.30 both on /24supervisord.log

image.thumb.png.158c3f594aeda1a90504c6dcb4c4a451.png

Hello, I'm trying to route other docker containers through DelugeVpn. I'm following the github guide Q24, Q25 and Q26. 

Question: Does anyone know what the equivalent setup would be for unraid 'Extra Parameters' in docker cli or a docker gui such as portainer? 

Specifically these below instructions. 

Left click icon and 'Edit' container and toggle advanced view (top right).

In 'Extra Parameters' enter --net=container:<vpn container name>.

Go to 'Network Type' and select 'none'.

Write down the ports defined and then remove all ports (no ports required as we will be accessing it via the vpn container).

Click on 'Apply'.

Any help would be appreciated

2 hours ago, OneWeekNotice said:

Question: Does anyone know what the equivalent setup would be for unraid 'Extra Parameters' in docker cli or a docker gui such as portainer? 

for docker cli it should be as simple as adding in those flags and parameters to the docker cli, extra parameters is simply a unraid mechanism of allowing people to specify options that have not been designed in the web ui, that's all.

19 hours ago, binhex said:

that is most probably your issue, set the container back to 'bridge' network type and it will work.

Ok so when i set it to 'Bridge' mode it works but when i try and set it to custom IP address it seems the error comes back, However i have the exact sane setup on another system (just that one has VLAN's this one dosnt) and it works a treat.

Screen from one which isnt working

image.thumb.png.40b926e5938b0bb0993e23eb9224a011.png

This is from another box i have and its working fine

image.thumb.png.dbf82c0bcb6f4c67ab40e5c441a53e55.png

4 minutes ago, brent3000 said:

Ok so when i set it to 'Bridge' mode it works but when i try and set it to custom IP address it seems the error comes back, However i have the exact sane setup on another system (just that one has VLAN's this one dosnt) and it works a treat.

Screen from one which isnt working

image.thumb.png.40b926e5938b0bb0993e23eb9224a011.png

This is from another box i have and its working fine

image.thumb.png.dbf82c0bcb6f4c67ab40e5c441a53e55.png

you can assign a fixed ip to the container BUT the custom bridge must be assigned a different network to your LAN, for example:

if your docker container has an ip of 192.168.2.1 subnet 192.168.2.0/24 and your LAN_NETWORK is defined as 192.168.1.0/24 then it will work, 

if your docker container has an ip of 192.168.1.1 subnet 192.168.1.0/24 and your LAN_NETWORK is defined as 192.168.1.0/24 then you will not be able to access the web ui (your current configuration).

Switching to the default 'bridge' works, as this resets the docker network to 172.17.0.0/16 thus preventing the LAN_NETWORK clash and allowing iptables rules to work as designed.