[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

Hello,

i followed this guide:

Now i have a huge problem:

I cant connect to my cloud via the subdomain.domain. i get the following error:

ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECT

If i try to connect through the dubdomain over duckdns.org i get the following error:

Welcome to our server

The website is currently being setup under this address.

For help and support, please contact: [email protected]

I made replicatet every step of the video but i cant get it to work.

Last week i tried it with a trial version of unraid on a testbench and it worked somehow. Now i used my nas system, uninstalled freenas, installed unraid. setup my shares etc etc.

Followed this guide and i cant get my cloud up and running.... what am i missing?

appdata\nextcloud\www\nextcloud\config

<?php
$CONFIG = array (
  'memcache.local' => '\\OC\\Memcache\\APCu',
  'datadirectory' => '/data',
  'instanceid' => 'ocm7momg2n03',
  'passwordsalt' => 'XC/+qO5UmkF3GoZ7VZKnrugEcoRSPI',
  'secret' => 'oTB/On0QGj8avfZ3+u9eB/gc9pc3d7LxV3ObYAGZCJOwFvnG',
  'trusted_domains' => 
  array (
    0 => '192.168.178.55:444',
	1 => 'nextcloud.domain.de',
  ),
  'dbtype' => 'mysql',
  'version' => '18.0.0.10',
  'overwrite.cli.url' => 'https://nextcloud.domain.de',
  'overwritehost' => 'nextcloud.domain.de',
  'overwriteprotocol' => 'https',
  'dbname' => 'nextcloud',
  'dbhost' => '192.168.178.55:3306',
  'dbport' => '',
  'dbtableprefix' => 'oc_',
  'mysql.utf8mb4' => true,
  'dbuser' => 'nextcloud',
  'dbpassword' => 'password',
  'installed' => true,
);

appdata\letsencrypt\nginx\proxy-confs

# make sure that your dns has a cname set for nextcloud
# assuming this container is called "letsencrypt", edit your nextcloud container's config
# located at /config/www/nextcloud/config/config.php and add the following lines before the ");":
#  'trusted_proxies' => ['letsencrypt'],
#  'overwrite.cli.url' => 'https://nextcloud.your-domain.com/',
#  'overwritehost' => 'nextcloud.your-domain.com',
#  'overwriteprotocol' => 'https',
#
# Also don't forget to add your domain name to the trusted domains array. It should look somewhat like this:
#  array (
#    0 => '192.168.0.1:444', # This line may look different on your setup, don't modify it.
#    1 => 'nextcloud.your-domain.com',
#  ),

server {
    listen 443 ssl;
    listen [::]:443 ssl;

server_name nextcloud.domain.de;

include /config/nginx/ssl.conf;

client_max_body_size 0;

location / {
        include /config/nginx/proxy.conf;
        resolver 127.0.0.11 valid=30s;
        set $upstream_nextcloud nextcloud;
        proxy_max_temp_file_size 2048m;
        proxy_pass https://$upstream_nextcloud:443;
    }
}

dns is over cloudflare:

image.png.b445350f4d4324e48d89a8eabc37370e.png

duckdns has my wan ip.

i think the error is somewhere in my config inside unraid. but dont know what is wrong.....

Hope i didnt forgot anything so far.

The guide works. even after putting letsencrypt and nextcloud in its own network.

edit1: OK nevermind. I redid the appdata\nextcloud\www\nextcloud\config. just copied the entries from the appdata\letsencrypt\nginx\proxy-confs and changed them. now it worked. Maybe because the line with netsencript was missing... 

now its working!

edit2: on my computer it is working, but on my mobile phone i cant connect it. redirect error......

edit3: i tried it on a different computer in a different network. Redirect error.

Now i get the error on my computer too and on this computer it worked for some time. wtf is wrong with this software?

Edited by Morrian
  • Like 1

Community document server "not supported for this instance"

can't execute x2t binary, ensure php can execute binaries in the app folder

sh: ./x2t: Permission denied

I upgraded to 18/hub today and installed the OnlyOffice and Community Document Server apps but am greeted with an error when I try to open an existing or create a new document: "Community document server is not supported for this instance, please setup and configure an external document server"

On 1/27/2020 at 9:27 PM, SavellM said:

So after getting Nextcloud setup yesterday my logs are FULL of this:

Jan 27 02:00:34 unRAID root: /mnt/disks/Samsung_SSD_860_EVO_250GB_S3YJNX1K625528K: 227.9 GiB (244635656192 bytes) trimmed on /dev/sdh1
Jan 27 02:00:34 unRAID root: /mnt/cache: 1.7 TiB (1884491694080 bytes) trimmed on /dev/sdf1
Jan 27 03:03:01 unRAID kernel: mdcmd (122): spindown 2
Jan 27 03:03:05 unRAID nginx: 2020/01/27 03:03:05 [alert] 6499#6499: worker process 6500 exited on signal 6
Jan 27 03:03:07 unRAID nginx: 2020/01/27 03:03:07 [alert] 6499#6499: worker process 29458 exited on signal 6
Jan 27 03:03:09 unRAID nginx: 2020/01/27 03:03:09 [alert] 6499#6499: worker process 29461 exited on signal 6
Jan 27 03:03:11 unRAID nginx: 2020/01/27 03:03:11 [alert] 6499#6499: worker process 29466 exited on signal 6
Jan 27 03:03:13 unRAID nginx: 2020/01/27 03:03:13 [alert] 6499#6499: worker process 29475 exited on signal 6
Jan 27 03:03:15 unRAID nginx: 2020/01/27 03:03:15 [alert] 6499#6499: worker process 29478 exited on signal 6
Jan 27 03:03:17 unRAID nginx: 2020/01/27 03:03:17 [alert] 6499#6499: worker process 29618 exited on signal 6
Jan 27 03:03:19 unRAID nginx: 2020/01/27 03:03:19 [alert] 6499#6499: worker process 29621 exited on signal 6

It continues from 3am all the way to 7:43am after the first drive spun down.

Is this to be expected?

I'm seeing the same thing! This morning I had received an email notification from Unraid that my /var/log mount was getting full. It looks like this "worker process exited on signal 6" spam in syslog filled up the syslog, and then it started throwing another error.

Feb  7 19:02:45 Cradle nginx: 2020/02/07 19:02:45 [crit] 22541#22541: ngx_slab_alloc() failed: no memory
Feb  7 19:02:45 Cradle nginx: 2020/02/07 19:02:45 [error] 22541#22541: shpool alloc failed
Feb  7 19:02:45 Cradle nginx: 2020/02/07 19:02:45 [error] 22541#22541: nchan: Out of shared memory while allocating channel /cpuload. Increase nchan_max_reserved_memory.
Feb  7 19:02:45 Cradle nginx: 2020/02/07 19:02:45 [error] 22541#22541: *5228283 nchan: error publishing message (HTTP status code 507), client: unix:, server: , request: "POST /pub/cpuload?buffer_length=1 HTTP/1.1", host: "localhost"

From what I noticed the webGUI started acting a bit strange, and the cpu load in the dashboard constantly showed 0% and the stats tab didn't show anything either.

I pruned the syslog after making copies to the array, and restarted nginx. After that everything works OK again, but I'm still seeing the occasional

"worker process exited on signal 6" in the syslog, so I'm guessing it's just a matter of time until the shit hits the fan again. :/

I installed the Nextcloud container 1-2 weeks ago, so this does indeed seem to be related as you say.

Edited by pellen

You mean the 'built in' onlyoffice, that's not actually built in?  I've just tried upgrading from 17-18 to get it all in one docker.  It hasn't gone so well.  So far I've figured out the following:

1 - If you have the onlyoffice connector app installed (confusingly just called onlyoffice, but it isn't onlyoffice) remove it and re-add it to clear the settings - make sure they're cleared (or possibly just make them blank and save it - not sure).

2a - There is a bug that means you can't install onlyoffice (the community document server) via the nextcloud app store - to fix that, I manually downloaded it from https://github.com/nextcloud/documentserver_community/releases/download/v0.1.5/documentserver_community.tar.gz and extracted it into the apps container (you have to go into the container - docker exec -it nextcloud bash and issue wget then the url - place it under the www nextcloud apps directory and extract it there - it then shows up as an app.

2b - Apparently if you installed this after a fresh connector install, it will autodetect the settings - mind kind of does and misses off a few characters - no idea why.

4 - Enable the community document server - supposedly it's supposed to work as easy as that, but for me it doesn't - it doesn't like the url.

So I'm stuck here because I'm not yet sure how it's supposed to work (I used to have it in a seperate docker behind nginx / lets encrypt proxy, which may be part of the problem).  Annoyingly the separate docker approach also broke with the upgrade.

I've read there are some permissions issues, but there error I currently get is bad health check status (in the onlyoffice connector), so yet to work that out.  It might be something to do with the nginx proxy, but until I figure out how the integrated onlyoffice is meant to work I can't do that.  I have to say for a feature that is supposed to be so easy, it sure is bad and has really bad docs too.

After this, I believe I will have permissions issues to fix and possibly some others.  So that's the steps so far, hopefully you can add to this! :D

Marshalleq

44 minutes ago, Marshalleq said:

2a - There is a bug that means you can't install onlyoffice (the community document server) via the nextcloud app store

The issue is, the packet is bigger than most of the apps and a timeout set in the configs triggers an error, because the download didn't finished in the configured time period. You have to edit the following file inside the the docker

/config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Http/Client/Client.php

adjust the following from default 30 to something like 400+ depending on your internet speed

RequestOptions::TIMEOUT 400

6 hours ago, bastl said:

The issue is, the packet is bigger than most of the apps and a timeout set in the configs triggers an error, because the download didn't finished in the configured time period. You have to edit the following file inside the the docker

/config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Http/Client/Client.php

adjust the following from default 30 to something like 400+ depending on your internet speed

RequestOptions::TIMEOUT 400

I'm pretty sure the nextcloud pipe is very slow - it's certainly not my internet speed - which is 1Gb Up and Down (real world is 900/500).  So i'm waiting for a proper fix - manual does it for now - though this only covers the downloading issue, it still doesn't work.  On that note, has anyone on here gotten Nextcloud 18 working with the 'built in' Only office in this docker?

Hi,

I have just installed the docker container from the official nextcloud docker hub. I have installed v. 18.0.1.1 RC2 with a fresh installation it direcly integrates OnlyOffice and the Document Server. It works 

Server Adress of nextcloud is 192.168.100.93

OnlyOffice http://192.168.100.93/index.php/apps/documentserver_community/

Cheers

Hello Guys

I have followed the tutorial and fail at creating admin user

I have all my details stored in password manager and in a notepad to cross reference 

But i keep getting this error 

Error while trying to create admin user: Failed to connect to the database: An exception occurred in driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'BearCloud'@'172.17.0.1' (using password: YES)

or 

Error while trying to create admin user: Failed to connect to the database: An exception occurred in driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name does not resolve

Also i see these errors

/mnt/user/nextcloud/nextcloud.log nobody/users (99/100) 0640

/mnt/user/.Trash-99 nobody/users (99/100) 0700

Nextcloud log here

Edited by OsoPolar

Hello,

I'm trying to migrate Linuxserver NextCloud to another server.

I usually have everything as bind mount and it's usually so simple as running this from the destination server:

sudo rsync -arlvh --delete-after [email protected]:/home/myuser/nextcloud-docker/ /home/myuser/nextcloud-docker/

But, in this case, DATABASE is not transferred, because it seems it ISN'T a bind mount.

Mariadb database is usually stored: :/var/lib/mysql

I have gone into the linuxserver/nextcloud container (sudo docker exec -it nextcloud bash) and this folder doesn't exist there.

So, where is the database stored? How can I transfer it to the new server?

Please, I need your help.

3 hours ago, oscar_40 said:

Hello,

I'm trying to migrate Linuxserver NextCloud to another server.

I usually have everything as bind mount and it's usually so simple as running this from the destination server:

sudo rsync -arlvh --delete-after [email protected]:/home/myuser/nextcloud-docker/ /home/myuser/nextcloud-docker/

But, in this case, DATABASE is not transferred, because it seems it ISN'T a bind mount.

Mariadb database is usually stored: :/var/lib/mysql

I have gone into the linuxserver/nextcloud container (sudo docker exec -it nextcloud bash) and this folder doesn't exist there.

So, where is the database stored? How can I transfer it to the new server?

Please, I need your help.

If you are using Mariadb that means you have a different docker cntainer for that. You have to migrate that one aswell.

3 minutes ago, knex666 said:

Yes, the original nextcloud docker hub 18.0.1RC2 Apache docker image with nginx reverse https LetsEncrypt proxy. Should I upload it to the community Apps?

not for me and i guess its not welcome to add another docker cause nextcloud doesnt get its alpine issue solved by static builded files ...