[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

@Kewjoe I ran this command trying to fix the avatar and i got a lot of errors.

sudo -u abc php7 /config/www/nextcloud/occ files:scan-app-data

Scanning AppData for files
Exception during scan: opendir(/data/appdata_ocnsufkeq1x9/preview/702678): failed to open dir: No such file or directory
#0 [internal function]: OCA\Files\Command\ScanAppData->exceptionErrorHandler(2, 'opendir(/data/a...', '/config/www/nex...', 127, Array)
#1 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Files/Storage/Local.php(127): opendir('/data/appdata_o...')
#2 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Files/Storage/Wrapper/Wrapper.php(102): OC\Files\Storage\Local->opendir('appdata_ocnsufk...')
#3 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Files/Storage/Wrapper/Wrapper.php(102): OC\Files\Storage\Wrapper\Wrapper->opendir('appdata_ocnsufk...')
#4 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Files/Cache/Scanner.php(376): OC\Files\Storage\Wrapper\Wrapper->opendir('appdata_ocnsufk...')
#5 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Files/Cache/Scanner.php(427): OC\Files\Cache\Scanner->getNewChildren('appdata_ocnsufk...')
#6 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Files/Cache/Scanner.php(407): OC\Files\Cache\Scanner->handleChildren('appdata_ocnsufk...', true, 3, -1, true, 0)
#7 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Files/Cache/Scanner.php(410): OC\Files\Cache\Scanner->scanChildren('appdata_ocnsufk...', true, 3, -1, true)
#8 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Files/Cache/Scanner.php(410): OC\Files\Cache\Scanner->scanChildren('appdata_ocnsufk...', true, 3, 78, true)
#9 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Files/Cache/Scanner.php(339): OC\Files\Cache\Scanner->scanChildren('appdata_ocnsufk...', true, 3, 395213, true)
#10 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Files/Utils/Scanner.php(261): OC\Files\Cache\Scanner->scan('appdata_ocnsufk...', true, 3)
#11 /config/www/nextcloud/apps/files/lib/Command/ScanAppData.php(118): OC\Files\Utils\Scanner->scan('/appdata_ocnsuf...')
#12 /config/www/nextcloud/apps/files/lib/Command/ScanAppData.php(144): OCA\Files\Command\ScanAppData->scanFiles(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#13 /config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/symfony/console/Command/Command.php(255): OCA\Files\Command\ScanAppData->execute(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#14 /config/www/nextcloud/core/Command/Base.php(168): Symfony\Component\Console\Command\Command->run(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#15 /config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/symfony/console/Application.php(915): OC\Core\Command\Base->run(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#16 /config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/symfony/console/Application.php(272): Symfony\Component\Console\Application->doRunCommand(Object(OCA\Files\Command\ScanAppData), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#17 /config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/symfony/console/Application.php(148): Symfony\Component\Console\Application->doRun(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#18 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Console/Application.php(214): Symfony\Component\Console\Application->run(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#19 /config/www/nextcloud/console.php(99): OC\Console\Application->run()
#20 /config/www/nextcloud/occ(11): require_once('/config/www/nex...')
#21 {main}

+---------+-------+--------------+
| Folders | Files | Elapsed time |
| 97      | 193   | 00:01:32     |

Hey hoping someone can help.  Trying to update from 18.01-18.02  as following Spaceinvaders in docker get error at the Backup stage as following.  No matter how many times I try to retry it does not work.  Any ideas?

Parsing response failed. <html> <head><title>504 Gateway Time-out</title></head> <body> <center><h1>504 Gateway Time-out</h1></center> <hr><center>nginx/1.16.1</center> </body> </html> <!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page --> <!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page --> <!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page --> <!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page --> <!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page --> <!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page -->

Hey hoping someone can help.  Trying to update from 18.01-18.02  as following Spaceinvaders in docker get error at the Backup stage as following.  No matter how many times I try to retry it does not work.  Any ideas?

Parsing response failed. 504 Gateway Time-out

504 Gateway Time-out

nginx/1.16.1

Try updating manually. Link to instructions in first post. Update GUI seldom works right, for me anyways. May be worth a shot.
7 hours ago, Kewjoe said:

@Tucubanito07 I'm not sure. With the amount of problems you're having, I would consider backing up your data and starting over from scratch. Verify your backup to ensure the files aren't encrypted after copying them out.

I tried this already and it did not work for me because the files are encrypted with Nextcloud.   Is there a way to decrypt the files and I can start over from scratch. I do agree is better to start over. Is there a way I can move all the files from each user out of Nextcloud? 

8 hours ago, Kewjoe said:

@Tucubanito07 I'm not sure. With the amount of problems you're having, I would consider backing up your data and starting over from scratch. Verify your backup to ensure the files aren't encrypted after copying them out.

Do you happen to know the location of the encryption keys? Maybe i can disable it for all the users and move those files somewhere on my server and do clean install for nextcloud. I was reading this below and i do not have the directory /var/www/nextcloud/ however, i do see under "\NextCloud\User Name\files_encryption\keys\files\Monday class project .docx\OC_DEFAULT_MODULE" Would i be able to use those keys?

" For your convenience, encryption keys are stored in these locations:

Individual user keys: /var/www/nextcloud/data/USER/files_encryption

All other keys: /var/www/nextcloud/files_encryption"

4 hours ago, Tucubanito07 said:

I tried this already and it did not work for me because the files are encrypted with Nextcloud.   Is there a way to decrypt the files and I can start over from scratch. I do agree is better to start over. Is there a way I can move all the files from each user out of Nextcloud? 

run occ encryption:status and ensure encryption is enabled. Then run occ encryption:decrypt-all. If it finishes without error and all files are decrypted you can disable encryption.

17 minutes ago, Kewjoe said:

run occ encryption:status and ensure encryption is enabled. Then run occ encryption:decrypt-all. If it finishes without error and all files are decrypted you can disable encryption.

Would the command look like this? I would run this inside the Nextcloud docker exec correct?

sudo -u abc php7 /config/www/nextcloud/occ Encryption:status

and then 

sudo -u abc php7 /config/www/nextcloud/occ encryption:decrypt-all

Would the command look like this? I would run this inside the Nextcloud docker exec correct?

sudo -u abc php7 /config/www/nextcloud/occ Encryption:status
and then 
sudo -u abc php7 /config/www/nextcloud/occ encryption:decrypt-all

Yes, exactly.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, Kewjoe said:

Yes, exactly.

You are the best. Thank you. The files were encypted with the above command. Now i have to wait till it finishes the decryption of the files. Once this is done. Do you know where are the files decrypted too? like a file location, or is it on that users files. If its under the user profile would i just do a move command to a share on my unraid server, then delete the whole dicker container for Nextcloud and MariaDB and start everything fresh, then once i create the users in Nexcloud again i can just move another move of the whole decrypted data into their username and restart the contained and the pictures would show up? Or is there a better way?

1 hour ago, Tucubanito07 said:

You are the best. Thank you. The files were encypted with the above command. Now i have to wait till it finishes the decryption of the files. Once this is done. Do you know where are the files decrypted too? like a file location, or is it on that users files. If its under the user profile would i just do a move command to a share on my unraid server, then delete the whole dicker container for Nextcloud and MariaDB and start everything fresh, then once i create the users in Nexcloud again i can just move another move of the whole decrypted data into their username and restart the contained and the pictures would show up? Or is there a better way?

The data is decrypted in place. Wherever you mounted your Nextcloud so /mnt/user/Nextcloud/<username>/files/

You can do it either way. 1) leave the data where it is, wipe your container and your appdata and start over. and just mount the data again. or 2) move the data out, somewhere (verify it looks fine) and wipe it all out and start over.

1 minute ago, Kewjoe said:

The data is decrypted in place. Wherever you mounted your Nextcloud so /mnt/user/Nextcloud/<username>/files/

You can do it either way. 1) leave the data where it is, wipe your container and your appdata and start over. and just mount the data again. or 2) move the data out, somewhere (verify it looks fine) and wipe it all out and start over.

Thats what i figured. I want to start fresh with everything. Ill just wipe all of the appdata for nextcloud and mariadb and re-create both. When i place the data back, do i create the user names in nextcloud web page and then move the files under their names correct. I just have to make sure that the encryption is not enabled before doing this. Dude you are awesome. Thank you so much for all your help. I will report back once everything is done so like that if anyone ever has to do this they can go through the thread and do the same.

Hi,

I'm trying to setup Nextcloud using the Spaceinvaderone tutorial but I get this error in the Nextcloud admin setup page:

Error while trying to create admin user: Failed to connect to the database: An exception occurred in driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'Gilles'@'172.17.0.1' (using password: YES

Hi,

I'm trying to setup Nextcloud using the Spaceinvaderone tutorial but I get this error in the Nextcloud admin setup page:

Error while trying to create admin user: Failed to connect to the database: An exception occurred in driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'Gilles'@'172.17.0.1' (using password: YES
You have a MariaDB setup and linked to Nextcloud? If so it would appear something with that isn't setup right.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

@Kewjoe Hey wanted to asked to see if you knew why one of my users data was not encrypted. I try to open it with Notepad++ and it says is encrypted with the "HBEGIN:oc_encryption_module:OC_DEFAULT_MODULE:" ? Is there a way to decrypt the whole folder? I tried to run the command again just for that user and it said it wasent able to because it was not enabled.

@Kewjoe Hey wanted to asked to see if you knew why one of my users data was not encrypted. I try to open it with Notepad++ and it says is encrypted with the "HBEGIN:oc_encryption_module:OC_DEFAULT_MODULE:" ? Is there a way to decrypt the whole folder? I tried to run the command again just for that user and it said it wasent able to because it was not enabled.
I think you'll be to enable encryption again and try running the decrypt again. Then disable again after.

30 minutes ago, Kewjoe said:

I think you'll be to enable encryption again and try running the decrypt again. Then disable again after.

It was worth a try. It said it was already decrypted and the photos now are 0kb. Well i guess all of those photos are lost. I did do a backup on this before i tried again and when i see the backup photos it keeps saying "it looks like we dont support this format" I even tried repair jpg and nothing. Do you have any suggestions on trying to fix the backup images? I do see they have data on them. Just cant open on any stock photo app.