[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

1 hour ago, blaine07 said:

Can anyone please tell me which PHP file in nextcloud gets edited for this:

WARNING: [pool www] server reached pm.max_children setting (5), consider raising it

To add more “children?

Php.local.ini

Or

Www2.conf?

www2.conf

Here is what I have configured in that file. Please do your research about each parameter. That way you will set the correct values for you.

pm = ondemand
pm.max_children = 300
pm.start_servers = 8
pm.min_spare_servers = 8
pm.max_spare_servers = 16
pm.max_requests = 500

Edited by andreidelait
5 hours ago, archedraft said:

EDIT #2: As it turns out, it was not an interesting development that i could not access my unRAID ip. It is very well documented that this is by design. Anyway, I decided I would just test out using the local option and it appears to be working just fine.

I use local as well and never had a problem.

I don't see any reason to use SMB unless you have to mount a share from a different host. Why bother with a different protocol when you already have the files stored on the same machine?

www2.conf

Here is what I have configured in that file. Please do your research about each parameter. That way you will set the correct values for you.
pm = ondemandpm.max_children = 300pm.start_servers = 8pm.min_spare_servers = 8pm.max_spare_servers = 16pm.max_requests = 500

That’s in Appdata>Nextcloud>php folder, correct? The one inside nextcloud directory?

Does everyone have "tmp" share set to use cache disk? Also, is their some way to point Nextcloud to use the "tmp" share on Unraid? I know it would be something like /config/www/???? but what would file structure in Nextcloud look like to use Unraids "tmp" share? I know where all I need to place to url to tmp, just not sure how it would be formatted or structured?

Thanks!

I cannot connect to the onlyoffice server for some reason.

When I press Save after I add the URL for it I get this error:

Error when trying to connect (Error occurred in the document service: Error while downloading the document file to be converted.)

I used spaceinvader tutorial to configure it.

I've installed the latest docker image and attached it to a mariadb but when I go to apps I do not see the openoffice app. Isn't that installed by default?

EDIT:I have two unRAID servers (Both 6.8.2 and have the local mariadb set up for Nextcloud as per SpaceInvader One's video) and I got different installation results after some testing.

On machine #1 (GIGABYTE GA-7PESH2 w/2 E5-2630L v2 @ 2.40GHz and 128G Memory) the docker downloads, I put in the mariadb info, I can see some spinning as it works through to the document server, and the the web page throws a timeout. Refreshing the page I can log in with the admin account, but there's no sign of openoffice

On machine #2 (ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P8Z77-V PRO w/i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz and 16G Memory) the docker downloads, i put in the mariadb info, it spins through all the apps but complains that the Community Document Server and Talk fail to download/install. In this case OpenOffice can be seen.

Any ideas why I'm seeing different install issues (Neither are error free)

Edited by TristanP

I have make an upgrade to version 18.01 but now i can not go to older version and don't install the new version.

In the old version i can not access settings, due to i can not activate the settings app, an error that it is not the right version for it.

And a upgrade is not possible because of

Set log level to debug
Updating database schema
Doctrine\DBAL\Schema\SchemaException: The table with name 'nextcloud.oc_direct_edit' already exists.
Update failed
Maintenance mode is kept active
Reset log level

I moved the existed table but now other tables are note existed or already exists in the engine...how can i fix my database?

I have appdata backups but a roll back doesnt help.

Edited by Abigel
On 3/6/2020 at 3:29 AM, blaine07 said:

Does everyone have "tmp" share set to use cache disk? Also, is their some way to point Nextcloud to use the "tmp" share on Unraid? I know it would be something like /config/www/???? but what would file structure in Nextcloud look like to use Unraids "tmp" share? I know where all I need to place to url to tmp, just not sure how it would be formatted or structured?

Thanks!

Hi, did you work this out? Might fix my docker image filling up whenever anyone downloads a file problem! I might reinstall the app if so, as I removed it because it was unusable!!

Hi, did you work this out? Might fix my docker image filling up whenever anyone downloads a file problem! I might reinstall the app if so, as I removed it because it was unusable!!

I got it added to Nextcloud Config and the www2.conf file and was generating a bunch of errors in Nextcloud. Not sure what I did wrong and honestly just didn’t spend much time on it. Theirs a Tmp folder share on Unraid and debated it but haven’t made it back round to it sadly. It may be worth you playing with though!!!

Would also like to say I played with pm.max children and changed it to on demand etc and overall performance is much better. Once I was able to get a ~2.5gb file uploaded.

I’m wondering at what point docker.img starts to unload stuff on its own, because as you said large upload gets docker.img filling up. Not sure at what point it starts trying to figure out what’s on dumping stuff. Mine doing large upload gets docker img up to ~60%.

please help

Internal Server Error The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Please contact the server administrator if this error reappears multiple times, please include the technical details below in your report. More details can be found in the webserver log.

error log from nextcloud/log/nginx

2020/03/12 01:20:48 [error] 349#349: *7 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Warning:  include(/config/www/nextcloud/lib/composer/composer/../../../lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Request.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /config/www/nextcloud/lib/composer/composer/ClassLoader.php on line 444PHP message: PHP Warning:  include(): Failed opening '/config/www/nextcloud/lib/composer/composer/../../../lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Request.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php7') in /config/www/nextcloud/lib/composer/composer/ClassLoader.php on line 444" while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.168.2.1, server: _, request: "GET /favicon.ico HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:9000", host: "nextcloud.domain.com", referrer: "https://nextcloud.domain.com/apps/files/"
2020/03/12 01:20:48 [error] 349#349: *7 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Class 'OC\AppFramework\Http\Request' not found in /config/www/nextcloud/lib/base.php:158
Stack trace:
#0 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/base.php(582): OC::initPaths()
#1 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/base.php(1089): OC::init()
#2 /config/www/nextcloud/index.php(36): require_once('/config/www/nex...')
#3 {main}
  thrown in /config/www/nextcloud/lib/base.php on line 158" while reading upstream, client: 192.168.2.1, server: _, request: "GET /favicon.ico HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:9000", host: "nextcloud.domain.com", referrer: "https://nextcloud.domain.com/apps/files/"

So I setup nextcloud, let's encrypt and mariadb and I can access it remotely, but there are a few problems that seem to be common to many user:

1. The upload speed is capped in both local and remote upload, to 10mb/s.

2. When uploading large files (like a 16gb video file) the upload fails and the webgui becomes buggy or times out, and the docker.img becomes bloated (for this reason I set the docker image to be 200gb)

3. When downloading large files (test on a 4gb file) remotely from a stable connection it fails midway through.

What are settings that I can modify to make nextcloud actually usable for large files?

35 minutes ago, anongum said:

So I setup nextcloud, let's encrypt and mariadb and I can access it remotely, but there are a few problems that seem to be common to many user:

1. The upload speed is capped in both local and remote upload, to 10mb/s.

2. When uploading large files (like a 16gb video file) the upload fails and the webgui becomes buggy or times out, and the docker.img becomes bloated (for this reason I set the docker image to be 200gb)

3. When downloading large files (test on a 4gb file) remotely from a stable connection it fails midway through.

What are settings that I can modify to make nextcloud actually usable for large files?

This is the same problem as I have, no one seems to know as I've asked many times! How Nextcloud has made it to version 18 with such a bad bug I don't know! I've uninstalled it and gone back to Dropbox and wetransfer, but still hopeful that there will be a solution and happy to reinstall and test if anyone has any ideas?

42 minutes ago, MothyTim said:

This is the same problem as I have, no one seems to know as I've asked many times! How Nextcloud has made it to version 18 with such a bad bug I don't know! I've uninstalled it and gone back to Dropbox and wetransfer, but still hopeful that there will be a solution and happy to reinstall and test if anyone has any ideas?

Man, that's depressing. I hope someone here helps us out on this

Can someone tell me where the Nextcloud error logs are located? This latest version reports that the "Community Document Server" and "Talk" fail to install when the docker image is installed. However after login I see both listed under Apps but when I click on "Remove" Nextcloud reports "an error occured".

Can't diagnose when the error message is "It's broken". :D

Hello,

I am trying setup nextcloud for the first time and while following along with spaceinvador nextcloud setup.

I just finished the letsencrypt portion to then re check if i can connect to nextcloud internally i get this error in the browser

"Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Please contact the server administrator if this error reappears multiple times, please include the technical details below in your report.

More details can be found in the server log."

I don't know where to go from here to diagnose this.

Thanks.

nextcloudlog.PNG